• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox360) blowout in Famitsu (Demo Impressions Pg 6 / Post 278)

Dante said:
Doesn't Mistwalker basically do concept and art stuff then basically pass that along to various devs, such as the case with Artoon, and Blue Dragon?

Not quite. They do overall design on the titles. It's not like Artoon is getting set loose on Blue Dragon with just a five-page summary and a "go wild!" Mistwalker are basically having their own employees and contractors serve as the top tier managers and oversight and basically use the other companies to provide the low-level programmers and texture artists and whatnot.

LiveFromKyoto said:
None of them are actually out, that's what gives.

This gane looks awesome. I'm there.

Oh, but Enchanted Arms is!
except now it's apparently going to ps3. boooo

oh and don't forget Far East of Eden & Spectral Force III:D

So now that the game is shown to be looking and sounding great wen get the "exclusivity" pissing contest between the fanboys. Seriously, some of you are sad and have already ruined this thread.

Dante said:
Doesn't Mistwalker basically do concept and art stuff then basically pass that along to various devs, such as the case with Artoon, and Blue Dragon?

they like a big pile of Executive Producers it seems

I need to see more of this game before i get too excited. also, to those confused about the "not dying" thing, my best guess is it will have system similar to Prey :/

Mashing

Wario64 said:
- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.

Haha what.

Ever played Planescape: Torment? You couldn't die in that game either (outside of a few key encounters). It worked very well has a plot device and a puzzle device. There were some puzzles that REQUIRED you to kill yourself. Trust me, that shouldn't be a problem with the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SEBA said:
It's much better being a grumpy guss senior and call other people retarded. Go you!

Nah, it really isn't.

Pellham

Banned
Wario64 said:
- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.

Haha what.

that makes it just like dragon quest (if your party dies you're just found revived at the last save spot with half your gold gone). this is something that all RPGs need to have.

Sallokin

Man I really hope that demo drops on XBLM. Hope some more scans turn up soon as well. I've been pretty excited about this game since I heard the story concept.

ant1532

Banned
I remember hearing about this game a while ago... Didn't care much... But DAMN!

Wow, this game sounds and from that pic looks awesome

Mojovonio

Banned
GreekWolf said:
And we certainly can't have that on the killbox now can we?

No, I'm sure lots of people will love this game, and I was kinda excited for it too, but now that I know the combat system is turn-based, i'm very much turned off.

Arsenal

Mojovonio said:
Meh. Looks just like a FF game.

Well wouldn't that just be....

PERFECT!

If a game like this does well on the 360, Square would probably start doing more development for the system as well.

3rdman

Mojovonio said:
No, I'm sure lots of people will love this game, and I was kinda excited for it too, but now that I know the combat system is turn-based, i'm very much turned off.

I'm not too thrilled about that either but this game is first and foremost for Japan.

it looks stunning!! waiting for the impressions on the november demo, even tough i expect xboxdye to post ingame footage taken from the TGS.

i swear to god Mistwalker shows some Cry On stuff during this TGS.

Notaok

Banned
Come on, give us some realtime action and ditch the turn-based crap. Everytime I see a title that looks cool it ends up being turn-based. Not only is it boring to me, but it also tells me something about the company... "Hey guys, instead of wasting time creating good ai, fighting mechanics, blocking/dodging techiques, physics, or having to worry about any collision detection issues... lets just make it turn-based so we can use pre-recorded fighting animations over and over again during battle!! YAY!!"

Uncle

36WiiS3 said:
which FF games did the devs from this game make?

I remember reading that Sakaguchi was involved with FF I - VI and after that he became more of an executive producer. Not sure about the rest.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Notaok said:
Come on, give us some realtime action and ditch the turn-based crap. Everytime I see a title that looks cool it ends up being turn-based. Not only is it boring to me, but it also tells me something about the company... "Hey guys, instead of wasting time creating good ai, fighting mechanics, blocking/dodging techiques, physics, or having to worry about any collision detection issues... lets just make it turn-based so we can use pre-recorded fighting animations over and over again during battle!! YAY!!"
Agreed. But i'm willing to wait until they reveal the whole shebang before I write it off.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
36WiiS3 said:
which FF games did the devs from this game make?
The main programmer (or is he director now?) on this game was main programmer on FFIX, and also worked on FFVII.
He also worked on Magatama, but everyone would rather forget about this game :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ralexand said:
Great point but at least we were able to see lots of movies of Dead Rising before release.
Well, we started getting a lot of Dead Rising stuff around E3, 3 months before release. We had already seen the game before that of course so it's not exactly the same as Blue Dragon.
Sakaguchi simply ordered a complete media blackout until he was totally satisfied with the game. Maybe Artoon's development method is different from Feel Plus, and they didn't have any completely polished stuff to show before that.
Edit: Woha, vspectra in here. Someone to finally post stuff from xboxyde :D

GreekWolf

(Credit azxza)
added a few missing details -

LOST ODYSSEY
704_0006.jpg

Director
Daisuke Fukugawa :

Final Fantasy Tactics battle planner
Legend of Mana world map system design chief and sub system design

Takehiro Kaminagayoshi:
Legend of dragoon event script and event director
Magic Knight Rayearth assistant planner (Sega Saturn)

Producer
Hironobu sakaguchi
Hiroshi Kawai:

Final Fantasy VII character programmer
Final Fantasy IX and Parasite Eve main programmer
Magatama programmer and producer

Movie director
Katsuyuki Motohiro:

Bayside Shakedown, Space Travelers, Transparent: Tribute to a Sad Genius director

Art director
Takamasa Ohsawa:

Shadow Heart:Covenant art director
Koudelka art director

Concept Artist
Eric Feng
Christian Lorenz Scheurer :
Final Fantasy 9, FF the Spirit Within, Dark City, Titanic, etc.

Character Designer
Takehiko Inoue

Character Modeler
Hiroshi Arai

Tengai Makyou Zero game designer
Final Fantasy VII main character modeler
Final Fantasy IX character modeler
Parasite Eve 3D character director

Music
Nobuo Uematsu

ff3.jpg

ff2.jpg

chrono.jpg

ffix.jpg

ffx.jpg

Scenario
kiyoshi Shigematsu

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jonnyram said:
WTF is that supposed to mean?

There's one thing that confuses me about this game.
If the main character cannot die, why the hell does he have HP in that game shot? :D
Looks awesome though. Very FF-like.

think planescape

Top Bottom