• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Order announced (Matsuno/Yoshida/PlatinumGames/Cygames, RealtimeTactics, Mobile)

butzopower

proud of his butz
Playdek used Kickstarter and had limited funds. We're talking here about a mobile publisher with millions, Platinum Games developping.

I think what really did Playdek in was pulling on a bunch of major projects all at the same time, two Unsung Story games, Twilight Struggle, and finishing up Lords of Waterdeep. How many projects has Platinum Games just announced? It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshots, but does this look like a native app or mobile web? Not turn-based makes me think it's probably a native app. Has Platinum or Cygames done a native app (can't tell if Rage of Bahamut is web or native)?

Just saying, you have a Matsuno / Yoshida project with a potentially stretched-thin developer working on potentially new platforms for that developer. (that is a lot of potentially, I admit)

I totally think Playdek bit off more than they could chew with Unsung Story, but I'm surprised these guys would attach to a similar situation. I believe in Matsuno as a director, but don't forget that FFXII held a world record for longest time spent in development.

BBboy20

Of course it will. It's a mobile game and NX do play mobile games.
i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

caffeware

Banned
Serious question and a little off topic: what does these old school devs live off from? Matsuno made a little game in the last 5 years.

Does he automatically gets a check when ffxii remake hits, for example?

Syril

Serious question and a little off topic: what does these old school devs live off from? Matsuno made a little game in the last 5 years.

Lately he's been making contributions to larger projects. He contributed a scenario to Terra Battle and is working on a raid for FFXIV.

Yeah I'd like to know this as well. I would think he doesn't get a check since he was just an SE employee and doesn't hold copyrights or anything, but then that does beg the question what does he live off from.

Top Bottom