Lost Planet Map Pack #3 Coming 6/21 (400pts, 8-bit themed level) + screens

Jim

Jun 7, 2004
NY
www.gaming-age.com
old?

Lost Planet Map Pack #3 Coming 6/21

Multiplayer map pack #3 for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace on Thursday, June 21. The map pack costs 400 Microsoft Points and includes THREE new multiplayer levels: "Lost Technology," a throw-back to the good ol' days of pixelated 8-bit gaming; "Ruins," ancient temples set amidst a lush jungle; and "Ice Drop," a frigid glacier with lots of peaks, nooks and crannies.

Lost Planet is an epic gaming masterpiece combining a gripping single player campaign and intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players on the Xbox Live online game service. Taking full advantage of Xbox 360 system's power , Lost Planet contains sophisticated visuals, with an unmatched level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation that enhances every explosion, smoke and particle effect. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle hostile creatures in blistering weather conditions across vast snowfields and deserted cities either on foot or in armed, robotic Vital Suits.

Mar 14, 2006
Los Angeles
I tried playing the multiplayer the other night for the first time since the multiplayer demo.

Talk about one of the most confusing online multiplayer games I've played in forever. I honestly couldn't make heads or tales of what I was supposed to be doing. And playing on a map where the rocket launcher was the start weapon was probably a bad idea, I did not live long at all.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Jun 7, 2004
Space is the Place
Lost Planet still has, IMHO, by far the best mech modeling, animation, physics, and most importantly, /gameplay/ of any mecha title of the last decade. Maybe ever. Yes, it isn't the "Virtua Mech Sim" in terms of detail that most games with mechs go for. But damn it, it /really/ achieves the feeling of being in a mecha-enhanced universe without being bogged down by how the mechs work.

hyp

Jul 15, 2004
honolulu
glad theyre still supporting this game, i think i may have to hop on this map pack. still, capcom should create some new dead rising content... now that's a game begging for some DLC.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Jun 6, 2004
Gowans007 said:
Experimantation in maps that dont fit in with he world, style & theme of lost plannet?

I think this is awesome, shame I didnt like the game :)

The on-foot parts were great, but the mech portions in the 2nd half of the game sucked. LP2 has to be all on-foot. Or atleast minimal mech sections.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Feb 28, 2006
Capcom is awesome... didn't see this coming at all, and not only that, they look so damn good too!

And on top of that, not tow, but three for 400 points this time - good stuff...

Talk about support... if I wasn't playing Gears every night, I'd be playing this - online is a blast...

Blimblim said:
Damn, even videos of the maps already? Blim does it again!

Jun 8, 2004
trollingis.srsfkn.biz
Me too.... luckily I hit up the gamestop buy 2 get one free deal last saturday.... I have one day left to go swap out command and conquer 3 for lost planet. I always loved lost planet, I've tried twice to let C&C3 suck me in, but I can't help but thinking how much better LOTR:BFME2 is in strategy, and theme....