• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet Map Pack #3 Coming 6/21 (400pts, 8-bit themed level) + screens

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
JUNGLE LEVEL FTW!

AWESOME. Still one of my favorite next-gen games so far.

Damn, those maps look awesome. I never knew Capcom was still making maps for this game. What a surprise. Too bad Gears of War consumes most of my gaming time.

That 8-bit stage is just plain awesome, and the jungle themed stage I like too.

Rorschach

The only reason I stopped playing MP was because it was really hard to find a match after the first map pack was released. Maybe this will bring people back. Hopefully, I'll have my 360 back by then. ><

I still play and I'm all over these new maps. Anybody else want to jump in a game with me and pals just drop me a line. One pal has a fat connection and we have some crazy huge multiplayer games. I know we'll have something scheduled the week these maps drop.

Kingpen

I'm back in the fold with this game. It is good to be back. I will be downloading the 3 map pack.

Benjamin.... I really need to learn how to be like you and not trade in games I like for periods of time. At least I didn't pay full price to get it back, only 27 bucks used.

Also people, the battleground map is now free as well, it was the exclusive map on the LE edition. It is a really sweet map as well, but hardly anyone used to play it. No excuse now.

Icarus

Always one of my online favs. I'll have to put Forza down to start getting back in the "swing" (har har) of LP. :)

teepo

lost planet is THE game that me and my friends play on xboxlive. i'm usually against downloadable content but the previous two have been worth it, well sorta. the tower map is by far one of the worst maps ive ever played in any game both in design and graphical assets.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if Capcom can release DLC to extend the game's story. That jungle level would be awesome for a single player mission. I'm still surprised they made new environments for this map apck

Gilgamesh

Kaijima said:
Lost Planet still has, IMHO, by far the best mech modeling, animation, physics, and most importantly, /gameplay/ of any mecha title of the last decade. Maybe ever. Yes, it isn't the "Virtua Mech Sim" in terms of detail that most games with mechs go for. But damn it, it /really/ achieves the feeling of being in a mecha-enhanced universe without being bogged down by how the mechs work.
I think someone hasn't played ZOE2.

Gilgamesh said:
I think someone hasn't played ZOE2.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that...haha.

But yeah I am a whore for Lost Planet and will be buying these as soon as they are available. All three of the levels look amazing, especially the 8-bit one. The part with the torches on the wall looked awesome. I still wish they would add new mechs in with the levels though :/

Zenith

Banned
the jungle map reminds me of Metal Gear. especially as the mechs are now fully grey with no snow covering them.

Kingpen

This game definitely still has legs in multi. Played some last night / this morning and realized why I liked the game so much again

Aaron

So I'm the only person on the board who springed for the new map pack? It's pretty great and well worth the money. The 8-bit map is the best, a retro maze with teleporters all over the place and so many close quarters gun fights. Fugitive would be excellent on it, but I haven't done that yet. Ruins is okay. One starting position seems to be a lot better than the other. I've played both sides and the difference was pretty striking. Ice Drop is another great map though. Two very different starting positions again, but they feel fairly balanced once you know the layout.

Are the other map packs any good? I'm thinking of springing for them just to have more to play, but there's plenty of games going on here, 24 hours a day. Plenty of chances to get my ass royaly kicked.

Aaron said:
So I'm the only person on the board who springed for the new map pack? It's pretty great and well worth the money. The 8-bit map is the best, a retro maze with teleporters all over the place and so many close quarters gun fights. Fugitive would be excellent on it, but I haven't done that yet. Ruins is okay. One starting position seems to be a lot better than the other. I've played both sides and the difference was pretty striking. Ice Drop is another great map though. Two very different starting positions again, but they feel fairly balanced once you know the layout.

Are the other map packs any good? I'm thinking of springing for them just to have more to play, but there's plenty of games going on here, 24 hours a day. Plenty of chances to get my ass royaly kicked.

I can't wait to get home and check them out. So to answer your question....you're not the only one. ;)

Aaron said:
Plenty of chances to get my ass royaly kicked.

Seriously :(

I play this pretty often online. Ranked matches I get rocked, with player matches I do pretty well. ARGH! I want to level up my guy and get new outfits, but everybody else is just too damn good.

Omar Ismail said:
Seriously :(

I play this pretty often online. Ranked matches I get rocked, with player matches I do pretty well. ARGH! I want to level up my guy and get new outfits, but everybody else is just too damn good.

ESPECIALLY the Japanese players!! They rule at this game and their team play would put most special forces units to shame. Even though many pan this game, because it sold so well it has a HUGE online community. You can always find a good game.

Aaron

Apharmd Battler said:
ESPECIALLY the Japanese players!! They rule at this game and their team play would put most special forces units to shame. Even though many pan this game, because it sold so well it has a HUGE online community. You can always find a good game.
Yep. If you want to win, be on the side with the Japanese players. Going against them is suicide. They're just vicious. Playing randoms is pretty mixed for me, though I've done pretty well on Lost Tech and Ice Drop. Doubt I'll ever play Ruins again unless they do something to rebalance it. The blue spawn is seriously terrible.

Just finished a few post grab matches on each of the new maps.
At this early point I'm impressed. Warts and all, I still love LP's multi-play.

count the ways:

Ruins level- Hiding in the muddy river, which has a great cloudy effect, limited visibility and flows right down the center of the map.cutting down trees with the elite mech , really fun for post grabs. Lots of spots for cover, but still feels very open.

Lost Technology level- trippy, seems like a VERY large map, color coded rooms to orient yourself, jumping into a portal just as someone is about to shoot your ass, and I like the goofy sound the data posts make as you activate them. Looks like it'll take me a lot of matches to get the layout down, hope it stays interesting, lots of laughing during the matches and stoned people (trying to) articulate their awe :lol

Ice Drop- Kinda feels like a freezer burned take on the Hive from the previous map pack, which I loved. The Aurora Borealis effect in the night sky and the way you need to use your grapple and jumping skills remind me of that aspect of the Island 902 map,

Top Bottom