• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet Map Pack #3 Coming 6/21 (400pts, 8-bit themed level) + screens

Jim

old?

Lost Planet Map Pack #3 Coming 6/21

Multiplayer map pack #3 for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace on Thursday, June 21. The map pack costs 400 Microsoft Points and includes THREE new multiplayer levels: "Lost Technology," a throw-back to the good ol' days of pixelated 8-bit gaming; "Ruins," ancient temples set amidst a lush jungle; and "Ice Drop," a frigid glacier with lots of peaks, nooks and crannies.

Lost Planet is an epic gaming masterpiece combining a gripping single player campaign and intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players on the Xbox Live online game service. Taking full advantage of Xbox 360 system's power , Lost Planet contains sophisticated visuals, with an unmatched level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation that enhances every explosion, smoke and particle effect. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle hostile creatures in blistering weather conditions across vast snowfields and deserted cities either on foot or in armed, robotic Vital Suits.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow! New environments!! And the 8-bit themed level looks awesome as hell

And it's 400 POINTS for 3 maps. Not too bad.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Woa. Sweet.

Lost Planet is rediculously awesome. I really wish more people played it.
And I wish it had a straight deathmatch mode online.

pswii60

Holy shit, wasn't expecting to see that. Just goes to show what is possible with the LP engine. Awesome.

The first one looks like Mario Planet!

Gowans

Experimantation in maps that dont fit in with he world, style & theme of lost plannet?

I think this is awesome, shame I didnt like the game :)

bluemax

Banned
I tried playing the multiplayer the other night for the first time since the multiplayer demo.

Talk about one of the most confusing online multiplayer games I've played in forever. I honestly couldn't make heads or tales of what I was supposed to be doing. And playing on a map where the rocket launcher was the start weapon was probably a bad idea, I did not live long at all.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Lost Planet still has, IMHO, by far the best mech modeling, animation, physics, and most importantly, /gameplay/ of any mecha title of the last decade. Maybe ever. Yes, it isn't the "Virtua Mech Sim" in terms of detail that most games with mechs go for. But damn it, it /really/ achieves the feeling of being in a mecha-enhanced universe without being bogged down by how the mechs work.

hyp

glad theyre still supporting this game, i think i may have to hop on this map pack. still, capcom should create some new dead rising content... now that's a game begging for some DLC.

Aaron

Heh, I just got the notification that my copy is shipping to me, so I'll be all set when these get released.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Gowans007 said:
Experimantation in maps that dont fit in with he world, style & theme of lost plannet?

I think this is awesome, shame I didnt like the game :)

The on-foot parts were great, but the mech portions in the 2nd half of the game sucked. LP2 has to be all on-foot. Or atleast minimal mech sections.

$5 for those 3 maps, I'll probably bite. I like Lost Planet, it has it's faults, but the team games are still fun. Any GAFfers want to do some 8-bit post grab matches on the 21st?

sangreal

hyp said:
glad theyre still supporting this game, i think i may have to hop on this map pack. still, capcom should create some new dead rising content... now that's a game begging for some DLC.

I support your views

Jim

Blimblim said:
Actually this time I don't know why we did not post this before you, since it's been online on xboxyde for almost 2 hours now :D

I usually wait a bit to see if you guys are going to post stuff since you're so damn fast. Hah.

Lost Planet 2 should be incredible with all these new environments they've created. I hated that Lost Planet 1 was mostly snow and lava levels.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Capcom is awesome... didn't see this coming at all, and not only that, they look so damn good too!

And on top of that, not tow, but three for 400 points this time - good stuff...

Talk about support... if I wasn't playing Gears every night, I'd be playing this - online is a blast...

Blimblim said:

Damn, even videos of the maps already? Blim does it again!

8bit

Knows the Score
!

I would have liked if the players were similarly blocky, but that's just fantastic as it is.

Kingpen

Me too.... luckily I hit up the gamestop buy 2 get one free deal last saturday.... I have one day left to go swap out command and conquer 3 for lost planet. I always loved lost planet, I've tried twice to let C&C3 suck me in, but I can't help but thinking how much better LOTR:BFME2 is in strategy, and theme....

SNUG REVOL said:
For real!! I'm re-buying this TONIGHT!

Blim, those videos were great! Do you ever sleep? :p

I never sold it. After rebuying Test Drive Unlimited, I vowed to never again trade in a game I enjoyed for any prolonged period of time. That way goes the way of darkness and sad.

Top Bottom