• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet multiplayer screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1159192592.jpg

1159192593.jpg

1159192594.jpg

1159193404.jpg

1159193543.jpg

1159193544.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Looks like grabs from the trailer?

Either way, yes, yes, mother****ing yes.

Capcom has a lot of cathhing up and proving to do with the online component, however. Still new territory for them. Hopefully they pull it off.

SnakeXs

Wario64 said:
These are official screenshots from Capcom

I'm not saying they aren't, but unless my memory decieves me, they're all simply from the trailer's MP portion.

Prove me wrong, GAF. No, really, I wanna know.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I really hope the MP is balanced. This could easily be the MP experience on any console.

Aurora said:
I'm still in shock as to how good this game looks.

I have not the words to do this game justice. I'm still in shock over how the new HD trailer looks five times better than the playable demo we already have to samlpe. DAMN this game is going to be phenominal! This along with Mass Effect and Bioshock have me on pins and friggin' needles! Damn, I'm so broke next year....DAY ONE PURCHASE!! :D

SnakeXs

GhaleonEB said:
And to think - Capcom said they are focusing on improving the visuals between now and launch. 0_o

Seriously. I doubt anything major will happen between now and then, but solidfying the frame rate and tweaks? Yes please. Hopefuly the extra time is also to iron out an awesome online/lobby system.

I just can't imagine those exlosions being any better, though. Yikes.

raYne

DaCocoBrova said:
Is there much in the way of character customization?
Doubtful. Probably basic with a few choices of upper/lower clothing, helmet and gear ala GRAW (but most likely worse). Considering the setting, I don't expect much variation.

Unison said:
Are there any splitscreen modes?
Split... screen.. ?

Captain N

If this game doesn't come out in the States until something like March..I might have to import a 360 for Blue Dragon and this in 06.

mrwilt

Wow. Those screens are amazing. If Microsoft doesn't pimp this title and get it as much exposure as possible, then they are just dumb. This is definitely a system seller.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Fallout-NL said:
Gears of War still looks pretty good in that department as well, curb-stomping and all.

I dunno. The gameplay is different due to the scope of the game. I've never seen any GoW MP footage though.

This game shits on all comers. Absolutely ****ing fantastic.

I'm having a hard time getting excited about Gears with all this LP stuff.

Why can't other developers get close to this? hehe It's amazing how much seperation there is in Japan between Capcom and everyone else on the 360. :)

sangreal

So you can hold more than 2 weapons in multiplayer but not single player? interesting

I hope the final game will use your gamertag -- I've noticed all the screens/videos just use lostXX

anyways, looks great as always

manngc

I have yet to see proof that this game is more than 8-player maximum. I especially like how the players are generally arranged as if they are fightings players that are off screen when all of them are one screen!

Until I see otherwise, I'm assuming it's 8-player (one of the trailers/gameplay footage) showed the results screen with the 8 players on it...

raYne

sangreal said:
So you can hold more than 2 weapons in multiplayer but not single player? interesting
The 3rd weapon on the HUD is the weapon on the floor. ie Swap the Rocket Launcher in hand with the Energy Rifle on floor... which is why the ER's highlighted.

It's still just two guns + grenade + grapple.

The names are probably a testor thing. It'll have player names just like every other game which displays them.

manxor

Looks awesome, though I wish they'd move the ammo-counter off of the reticle (and make the reticle more transparent)

Immersion, lost.

duckroll

BenjaminBirdie said:
One of the XBLM TGS videos had an interview with a Capdude and he basically said in Multi you can grapple to the top of the mech and hijack it so, yes it will.

:D :D :D

Gamespot caught up with Inafune apparently and he promised a MP demo will be out within the "next few months". :D

sangreal

raYne said:
The 3rd weapon on the HUD is the weapon on the floor. ie Swap the Rocket Launcher in hand with the Energy Rifle on floor... which is why the ER's highlighted.

It's still just two guns + grenade + grapple.

oh yeah, you're right. I wasn't paying attention to the rest of the shot, I just noticed the 3 items as I scrolled through the screens

Top Bottom