• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Sphear announced (Square Enix/Tokyo RPG Factory, PC/PS4/Switch, $50, 2018)

Atheerios

DAxHMd9WAAE0b4x.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nT3A8aNwy8

PR said:
TOKYO RPG FACTORY ANNOUNCES SECOND ARTISAN TITLE ”LOST SPHEAR"
Restore the World's Memories Early 2018

LOS ANGELES (May 30, 2017) – Tokyo RPG Factory, the SQUARE ENIX® studio dedicated to creating games that blend Japanese role-playing games with the latest technology for a new generation of gamers, has announced their all-new title, LOST SPHEAR (read as ”Lost Sphere"). The title is set to arrive on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Switch™ console, and STEAM® in early 2018 for $49.99.

The adventure of LOST SPHEAR begins in a remote town where a young boy, Kanata, awakens from a devastating dream to find his hometown disappearing. To stop the world from being lost forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world around them with the power of Memory by manifesting thoughts into matter.

Expanding upon the beloved features from their debut title, I Am Setsuna™, LOST SPHEAR features an enhanced gameplay system with a revamped ATB battle system where players can strategize and freely adjust their placement mid-fight, seamless environments, and various locations to explore.

LOST SPHEAR will be available digitally from the PlayStation®Store, Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, and STEAM. A physical package is now available for pre-order exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Online Store for the PlayStation®4 system and Nintendo Switch. Fans who pre-order the game from the SQUARE ENIX Online Store will receive two music tracks as a gift at launch.

Pre-orders available at http://www.lostsphear.com/

lost-sphear-physical-edition-switch-gb.png
lost-sphear-physical-edition-ps4-gb.png

TOKYO RPG FACTORY'S FIRST WESTERN PHYSICAL RELEASE INCLUDES:

Game disc
PRE-ORDER BONUS: Two special soundtracks by composer Tomoki Miyoshi exclusive to the SQUARE ENIX Store

FEATURES:
Unique and powerfully unforgettable storyline with seamless gameplay
Enhanced Battle System with new ATB 2.0 offering more freedom in combat
Machine Equipment - capture Kisou robots in the fields or whilst in battle then equip your characters to gain enhanced abilities

LIMITED QUANTITES AVAILABLE!

LotusHD

Banned
Eh, didn't grab me at all. Will wait for reviews I guess.

EDIT:

Oh the same people that did Setsuna? I see...

Squire

Banned
Well, it looks like it'll be another budget constrained title. But it still looks lovely imo and I cant resist that.

It just has a smaller budget. It's been designed with that in mind. Not really a constraint unless the budget is cut down later.

ZeroX03

Banned
Setsuna wasn't good and this looks more varied but not much better. Some reused assets in there as well. I guess they take the 'Factory' in the name literally and just want to churn out budget games on a quick turn around.

Hektor

It looks nice, but I thought the same about setsuna and ended up being very disappointed. I'll remain skeptic

This freaking name.

Also, does this look worse than I am Setsuna? Still, might buy on Switch.

Edit: Now SE. You can't sell your budget titles at that price. No.

Exentryk

Writing looks rough, and the game appears quite similar to Setsuna. Music is nice though and there seems to be more variety in areas. Battles looks similar as well, but hopefully there are better systems here than the Flux system in Setsuna.

Psxphile

- Setuna-ish combat
- a mechanic that brings Quintet to mind (restoring a lost world piece by piece).
- a logo reminiscent of Mother/Earthbound

Good shit.

ASaiyan

Banned
"Development footage subject to change"
Damn straight. No way that was running on Switch, lol.

Looks like more of Setsuna, so it'll be interesting to see if it irons out that game's kinks. The story seems incredibly uninteresting from that small segment.

oti

Banned
I was hoping this wouldn't be as long as Setsuna but seeing that price... guess not. Too bad. I'll play a mediocre but charming game if it's just ~7h long.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope it turns out good - the higher price says to me that this will have a bigger budget than I Am Setsuna which was more like a training wheel project to get something out first.

Loved setsuna so if it's as good as that then it'll be day 1.

Not sure the trailer grabbed me though. I mean if it wasn't for their background I'd have written the trailer off as meh.

chrono01

A physical package is now available for pre-order exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Online Store for the PlayStation®4 system and Nintendo Switch. Fans who pre-order the game from the SQUARE ENIX Online Store will receive two music tracks as a gift at launch.

Of course physical would be a SE Store-exclusive. :/

I'm still excited for it, but I'm really not looking forward to the cost of importing this into Canada. Eh, I'll probably skip it entirely and just grab it digitally, like I did with Setsuna (since, again, it wasn't made physically).

Setsuna is okay, but it really felt like a first draft of a story and felt it has plenty of subplot that can be expanded and make it really special.

hope this one will be better, but I'm definitely in.

As one of the 10 people completely charmed by Setsuna, I'm really glad this is happening. It looks lovely. And depressing.

That makes 2 of us.

Let's find the 8 that remain.

I really loved I Am Setsuna on Switch.

A little RPG that delivered a beautiful story and a fun combat system.

Exentryk

Good to see day 1 PC just like Setsuna was though. Not sure if I want to buy for Switch or PC though. Hmm...

aravuus

Setsuna wasn't good and this looks more varied but not much better. Some reused assets in there as well. I guess they take the 'Factory' in the name literally and just want to churn out budget games on a quick turn around.

Kinda how I feel about this. Will wait for reviews.

e: 50 bucks? Will wait for price drop lol.

Oregano

"Development footage subject to change"
Damn straight. No way that was running on Switch, lol.

Looks like more of Setsuna, so it'll be interesting to see if it irons out that game's kinks. The story seems incredibly uninteresting from that small segment.

What? There's nothing in that video that Switch can't handle.

Top Bottom