• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Final Fantasy XV Info on Graphics, Weapons, Characters and More

artsi

Pokemon is similar in structure to those games, it just hides the load screen/area transition with the gatehouses.

Well consider it that without the gatehouses, but similiar structure so you can't advance without waking up the Snorlax and you need to advance in story to do that.

DeSolos

So... the like one thing I can't seem to find answered anywhere... Is Noctis still gay? He was back when this was Versus XIII but I can't seem to find any concrete information on this.

That was an April fools joke a LONG time ago put on by finalfantasy-xiii.net(now defunct).

edit:beaten

Ooccoo

The game isn’t set in an open world where you can freely go wherever you like. Since there is a main quest, the more you progress, the more places you’ll be able to go.

You can’t control the boat. You can control the camera, however.

Ouch

Not as open as I would of liked but that's the compromise for story and hardware limitations i guess.

517H4C605EL.jpg

I hope there's a city based on Amsterdam.

sublimit

Banned
"Facial and hair designs for Prompto were altered after receiving negative feedback so that users around the world would better receive the game."

I prefered Prompto's character design much more before they Westernized him (along with the others).Now he looks like a douche.

Go_Ly_Dow

So... the like one thing I can't seem to find answered anywhere... Is Noctis still gay? He was back when this was Versus XIII but I can't seem to find any concrete information on this.

You think you've seen it all in FFXV threads and then you get this......

MilkBeard

This info sounds great. I also really liked the Chocobo video, and I hope it is a demonstration of a more solid performance and IQ for the game come release.

Quonny

In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?” Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long.

top kek

"The fuck kind of question is that? We didn't want to take ten years, but shit happens."

specdot

I was hoping for more adult protagonists this time, for a moment I expected Noctis to be in his 24-26 yrs but I was wrong. I'm quite hoping one day I get to play a FF protagonist of the age of Geralt.
Well, the main character of Final Fantasy XII, Basch, was in his 30's. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I take the difficulty of the action to mean the actual button press mechanics aren't too hard (obviously from the demos, although those were obviously the combat in its most basic form), but the challenge will come from switching to the right weapons and the strategy involved. Which is technically true for the XIII games as well.

Same reaction. I need more big sister characters in my videogames.

Like Lightning? /kappa

jett

D-Member
That part is a setpiece, so it could very well be a standalone section (or several sections) where you're able to climb while in the main game you can't just run around climbing cliff faces or buildings.

I bet that sequence isn't even in the game anymore. Nothing in that trailer was real, it was all a concept video.

This is the old Versus Prompto and my favorite design.

latest

latest

profile_picture_by_upndisgustingplz-d5plrni.jpg

Yeah it's amazing that era has lasted all this years until now and the game has gotten even more special.

I don't think so.

We went from Nomura's" the story is really dark and sad, it might be too sad it will depress people" to Tabata's "we had to change the lore for the T rating. Yeah there will probably be some dramatic moments I guess. Here's some fishing and Cindy".

faridmon

Looking forward to difficulty options. Hopefully it's not just easy and normal.

Crisis Core had Difficulty option and it got brutally hard on harder difficulties if you did't have the right items and skills, you couldn't get past certain missions.

Not sure if I want that again in my Final Fantasy.

Top Bottom