• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Final Fantasy XV Info on Graphics, Weapons, Characters and More

Kinsei

Banned
The action isn’t very difficult. It’s an RPG through and through that everyone can enjoy. The game will have difficulty settings, which will be discussed more at E3.

The hard difficulty should be more than just a damage and defense buff for the enemies. The combat could easily the worst part of the game due to how easy it is to take out regular enemies (based on the platinum demo).

Ganondorfo

Something that is bothering me, why havent they shown the "Kefka, Sephiroth" of this game yet? Normally villains always get the showcase on trailers/screenshots (especially in FF games).

Something that is bothering me, why havent they shown the "Kefka, Sephiroth" of this game yet? Normally villains always get the showcase on trailers/screenshots (especially in FF games).

Because spoilers, JP tend to give out everything in trailers it's quite refreshing to be honest not being spoiled for once.

Turin

Banned
You know what's fucking bizarre? They changed Prompto's look, yet I hardly ever see any complaints specifically directed to Prompto, yet I've seen quite a lot on Cidney and her indecent attire. I don't see you giving her a makeover, huh? Also what about the cast all wearing utterly black, uninteresting outfit design? Why not do something about that? Nobody CARES about Prompto looking slightly different like that if none of them are doing to stand out aesthetically from one another at the end of day.

Seriously, SMH at the "negative feedback on Prompto's appearance so they changed that of all things". And now you can't even put in a basic ledge climbing animation. Fuck off really.

I wonder what that "negative feedback" actually was and where they saw it. I just assumed they changed his appearance to better match his personality.

Noct with the Oedipus complex.

I doubt it'll be that hard at all.

My hope is that the controls will require quicker responsiveness.

You are probably, right. Even a hypothetical hard difficulty would probably be nothing drastic. I agree, I just hope the controls are a little snappier.

Dark_castle

I wonder what that "negative feedback" actually was and where they saw it. I just assumed they changed his appearance to better match his personality.
I don't see it. He simply look less of a drug addict delinquent than he was before, but his personality of being Zell 2.0 is still all the same. Point is, I hate this random, selective "fixes" they have going on, especially when there are arguably WORSE problems at hand that could better use some changes.

Maybe I'm salty about it because I don't care for Prompto, but really, Prompto? Who cares?

wmlk

I don't see it. He simply look less of a drug addict delinquent than he was before, but his personality of being Zell 2.0 is still all the same. Point is, I hate this random, selective "fixes" they have going on, especially when there are arguably WORSE problems at hand that could better use some changes.

Maybe I'm salty about it because I don't care for Prompto, but really, Prompto? Who cares?

I think more people care about Prompto than ledge grabbing, tbh.

Ray Down

Banned
I hate you ray let it be known

Your my bro and you know it.

All this anger is useless and does nothing, its kinda like Gohan.

They are keeping him under wraps, which I'm thankfully for considering FF and SE tendency to spoil.

Turin

Banned

That's why I asked. Who even bothered to comment on the least interesting character in the cast and why did they care to address said commenters issue? And only to make him appear more ineffectual and annoying?

I always thought he was more of a Vaan 2.0. I liked Zell(it's been a while though).

Balls

Banned
Tbh Prompto intrigues me the most. He's the only one out of the bros who isn't royalty and the only person from Lucis that we know of who wields a gun. He's a wildcard.

Ran rp

ignis and gladio are pretty boring so far. but i did like them in the diner scene in the anime.

prompto is whatever.

noctis, regis, and
STELLLAA
are the only characters i've actually been interested in from the start and looking forward to in the game.

edit: oh yeah, and that other dude. cor?

Because spoilers, JP tend to give out everything in trailers it's quite refreshing to be honest not being spoiled for once.
Yeah... Actually I was reflecting on MGS V's trailers a couple months ago, and I was thinking one (of many... without digressing) of the problems with the story presentation is that almost every single important cutscene was shown an upwards of a year before release. Heck, the trailers even had a scene or two not even in the final game (child soldiers in the... Red Band one, for example). Especially a tonne of the Chapter 2 scenes were shown. Which was especially worse since so much of the story of MGS V is thematic, not characterization... if it was a story of characterization, OK. You show a scene but it doesn't spoil all the character development. But when the main point of a cutscene is the general theme and 'event' of it, even just showing a few moments basically spoils it. I felt my favorite film of last year (Sicario) also has the same problem. Wish I could have went into both MGS V and Sicario blind.

So it's sort of nice to be able to still watch some FF XIV trailer footage (hype is still fun of course) without fear of too many spoilers because they mostly just seem to show the general 'setting' of the story without any particularly obvious events or story arcs. I sort of know the basic plot but other than that, I basically have no idea what to expect, and that's quite nice.

Dark_castle

I think more people care about Prompto than ledge grabbing, tbh.
Apples and oranges, they're different things. Sure Prompto is more important than that, but his look, his hair doesn't need changes. But if they're going to change him, why not give everybody the same treatment to make it a fair game? I just really don't like that they're making these random fixes that adds nothing of value to the game, or how they pull out these complains out of fucking nowhere.

I've seen more posts mocking Noctis's shorts or those red soles than I did Prompto's haircut before. Next you're telling those and only those gets "fixed" too.

Edit: Also the case for making the combat more responsive through accurate button presses than holding. Why not change that instead of giving Prompto a new haircut?

Turin

Banned
Regis, Cor, Luna, Ignis and the villians have been the one's I'm most curious about.

Noct as well but I'm apprehensive about how cliché his story might turn out to be. He was surprisingly likable in the Duscae demo.

Tbh Prompto intrigues me the most. He's the only one out of the bros who isn't royalty and the only person from Lucis that we know of who wields a gun. He's a wildcard.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of him leaving a better last impression than his first.

jdstorm

Banned
Super excited about this game. After reading the character descriptions I'm even more convinced it will be FF: Entourage

Noctis = Vince
Ignis = E
Gladious = Johnny Drama
Prompto = Turtle

Apples and oranges, they're different things. Sure Prompto is more important than that, but his look, his hair doesn't need changes. But if they're going to change him, why not give everybody the same treatment to make it a fair game? I just really don't like that they're making these random fixes that adds nothing of value to the game, or how they pull out these complains out of fucking nowhere.

I've seen more posts mocking Noctis's shorts or those red soles than I did Prompto's haircut before. Next you're telling those and only those gets "fixed" too.

Edit: Also the case for making the combat more responsive through accurate button presses than holding. Why not change that instead of giving Prompto a new haircut?
All of this because they gave the guy a makeover? Why are you getting so upset. They're not going to change an entire combat system they'll tweak it but still. And they changed ignis abit as well. Noctis soles are product placement they're part of the shoes.

Ran rp

wait who was the main villian of XIII? i don't remember a damn thing about that game other than pulse l'ice and moms are tough.

Fdkn

different people do different things on game development so maybe artistic work is mostly done and those in charge of that just keep improving what they have (regardless of what you think about those improvements) because they couldn't make a climbing system or change combat even if they wanted to.

Ray Down

Banned
PSY・S;205237024 said:
wait who was the main villian of XIII? i don't remember a damn thing about that game other than pulse l'ice and moms are tough.

Pope guy from Swat 4.

So no named god like thing thing? a the last minute.

Balls

Banned

Well Tabata did say that the villain will top all other Final Fantasy villains so who knows.

According to the Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report during Gamescom 2015 yesterday (thanks VG247), this is going to include the villains as well, as director Hajime Tabata suggested that the main antagonist in Final Fantasy XV will "top all villains" from the rest of the franchise.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-XV-Villain-Top-All-Other-Final-Fantasy-Villains-76607.html

Top Bottom