• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Final Fantasy XV Info on Graphics, Weapons, Characters and More

Geg

I liked Dysley/Barthandelus just for being such a smug asshole to the main party whenever he shows up, but it's a shame he didn't really do much other than that

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Wow they failed horribly at improving prompto
Kill him and replace with cor/Stella already

My secret hope for the game is that Gladiolus dies and gets replaced by Aranea Highwind. He needs to do a Galuf. Prompto can stay. He'll be my bro.

saher

Banned
tumblr_inline_ncmysjoKH71rmr4ga.png

He is still alive! and we still no nothing about him.... could be luna's brother now.

Garlador

I liked Dysley/Barthandelus just for being such a smug asshole to the main party whenever he shows up, but it's a shame he didn't really do much other than that

He was a wet, limp noodle of a villain but I enjoyed his smugness. His actions just didn't make a lot of sense (or Spoony has forever ruined him with his question of "why is he taking the form of a young teenage girl? Does he ENJOY that body?")

Also, Gaius was a great villain. I don't care that it's an MMO, he was as solid as we've had one since the PS1 era.

tumblr_inline_ncmysjoKH71rmr4ga.png

He is still alive! and we still no nothing about him.... could be luna's brother now.

I just keep seeing how similar the hood of the cloak is to the cloaks at the start of FF XIII. Maybe we'll have the return of everyone's favourite character Hope!..

MilkBeard

One thing I hope they get right is having an epic villain theme. Not boss battle music, but a theme that plays at certain moments when shit hits the fan (particularly related to the major villain).

For example, I feel that these tunes are inseparable from the experience:

Kefka's theme was the perfect compliment to his weird and twisted humor. Every time he makes an appearance, you get the feeling of his sick, twisted, yet playful personality.

Sephiroth's theme is just completely ominous. You kind of get the point that things are getting fucked up when you hear this tune.

I understand that gaming has changed, and we have fully voiced and acted cutscenes, but that doesn't mean that we can't also have some really poignant themes for certain major characters or moments in the game.

Fortunately, what I've heard from Shimomura so far has been excellent. I'm looking forward to some good stuff throughout the game.

Go_Ly_Dow

Pretty much all of the Versus models/designs were superior. Prompto looks even more annoying now.

The Versus clothes were superior (Prompto and Ignis mainly) and what we have now is a result of Nomura's decision to go with ROEN unfortunately.

I would love all these outfits as DLC.....

XIII-Versus-SC.jpg

Whoever has the chance to press Tabata in a Q&A please ask him for this!

Samimista

The Versus clothes were superior (Prompto and Ignis mainly) and what we have now is a result of Nomura's decision to go with ROEN unfortunately.

I love how casual Ignis' old outfit looks.

Aters

XIII-Versus-SC.jpg

Old Prompto and Ignis are so much better. Why Nomura doesn't more faith in his own work.

Geg

I prefer Noctis's current outfit to his Versus one but otherwise yeah, I like the older clothes better on the other three

Famassu

The black & white clothes for both Ignis & Prompto look better, but otherwise I like current Prompto way more than old Prompto. Ignis is perhaps a little bit worse nowadays but not so much I'd bother complaining about it. Gladio had a shirt on, which is better, but his leather pants & vest always looked quite hideous & still do. Noctis is an all-around improvement on all fronts. All in all it's pretty much +/-0.

The dullness of the original characters' clothing design and the dullness regarding use of color was one of the factors that made me dislike Versus initially. To me(back then), it looked, visually and stylistically, like a continuation of Advent Children, which I found bland other than the fight choreography. It is also one of the reasons I was was more interested in FFXIII.

Turin

Banned
Noct's Roen jacket looks too restrictive in the shoulders.

Yup, Duscae was harder and the Iron Giant is reasonably difficult for a normal enemy.

That said, I also hope for a hard mode of the bat.

I thought he was pretty easy once I got a decent handle on the combat(i.e. giving up on selective striking).

Fighting multiple enemy's could be where the real challenge lies and require some actual strategizing.

The dullness of the original characters' clothing design and the dullness regarding use of color was one of the factors that made me dislike Versus initially. To me(back then), it looked, visually and stylistically, like a continuation of Advent Children, which I found bland other than the fight choreography. It is also one of the reasons I was was more interested in FFXIII.

I figured Noct was in all black to contrast with the blue energy. The excessive use of the color through out was disappointing.

Versus' setting and premise interested me more though. XIII looked cool on it's announcement trailer but it gradually became more and more obvious what it was turning out to be.

Vex_

Banned
Too young. They should realize their fan base is older...but I guess that's young enough that they can try to appeal to younger folks too.

Agree. Gladiolus actually looks older too. Which would have made him even cooler than he already was. But i guess Japanese companies are still afraid of aging their protagonists...

I just keep seeing how similar the hood of the cloak is to the cloaks at the start of FF XIII. Maybe we'll have the return of everyone's favourite character Hope!..

lol I remember in the early Versus days, someone claiming to work for SQEX posted an extremely detailed story synopsis and said this guy was actually Hope.

wmlk

lol I remember in the early Versus days, someone claiming to work for SQEX posted an extremely detailed story synopsis and said this guy was actually Hope.

I remember Zeal here years ago claiming like he knew everything about the game. Kagari hinted at stuff like that too.

And then Aryllies on GameFAQs. smh

MilkBeard

One other thing I hope for is that they don't simply make the length of battles longer--this is a problem with the XIII series in particular, and a little bit with X. There is more strategy for the most part, but sometimes the battles just take too damn long and it makes going through them a bit of a chore.

Challenge, but keep the importance to the balance of time. Duscae and also the Iron Giant felt pretty good in that respect at least. Having full control helps make battles more engaging in that respect.

I Hope not, lol

I remember back in the day when there was a false synopsis of FFXIII, where the "Pope" was not Galenth Dysley, but someone named Eraskus LaMata, and you find out that Lightning was his daughter. There was also the bit that Lighting was an older Serah, who was raised by her older self, got captured and saved(in the game's events), only to grow up while being sent back in time(lol) to find her younger self (while adopting the name "Lightning") and raising her as an "older sister" (and so the loop continues). It was to end(the game) with Lightning dying(or using the last of her power to kill her father), and the end focuses on Lightning's grave, which reads "Seraphina LaMata".

LOL!

MilkBeard

I remember back in the day when there was a false synopsis of FFXIII, where the "Pope" was not Galenth Dysley, but someone named Eraskus LaMata, and you find out that Lightning was his daughter. There was also the bit that Lighting was an older Serah, who was raised by her older self, got captured and saved(in the game's events), only to grow up while being sent back in time(lol) to find her younger self (while adopting the name "Lightning") and raising her as an "older sister" (and so the loop continues). It was to end(the game) with Lightning dying(or using the last of her power to kill her father), and the end focuses on Lightning's grave, which reads "Seraphina LaMata".

LOL!

Wow, that is hilarious.

It's funny because, that almost sounds better than the real storyline.

"In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?” Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long."

What a dumb thing to ask at this moment, what response was he expecting?

LOL!

I remember that. Tried to google it some time ago and it seems the original thread was erased because GameFAQs (I think) prunes old threads. A shame.

Anyway that still would have made more sense than what we got.

MilkBeard

"In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?” Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long."

What a dumb thing to ask at this moment, what response was he expecting?

It's funny because the same question, and the same answer was given for The Last Guardian.

Top Bottom