• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Karkador

Banned
I do kinda feel like we won on a demoralized Town in the end, which doesn't feel great. But I think we did well getting that far on some good plays.

Sorry about the outbursts a few times, Natiko + everyone else. I had a really hectic month, which made playing this game difficult. Between having to deal with my uncle (who called up like clockwork drunk almost every night for a few weeks during the early day phases) and my hormones being increased causing moodswings, I was pretty much unable to think correctly from Day 4 onward. >_<;

I feel really bad, because at various points in the lovers chat we correctly figured out who the scum team was and didn't push up on it. We really should have pushed insanely hard for Sorian and Sawneeks after Ty4on flipped another power role, because it was obvious then.

I was kind of tunneling Natiko_Sparks towards the end though.

Entirely not OMGUS.

or mostly not.

Sophia

I was kind of tunneling Natiko_Sparks towards the end though.

Entirely not OMGUS.

or mostly not.

To be fair, I was thinking it too. Kark + Xbro made sense to me, but I kind wanted to OMGUS vote them. >_>;

Time to go through scum chat and see just how much they talk about me.

Karkador

Banned
To be fair, I was thinking it too. Kark + Xbro made sense to me, but I kind wanted to OMGUS vote them. >_>;

Time to go through scum chat and see just how much they talk about me.

Caught your stealth edit :p I didn't think we were that annoying, at least...I know I've been way more annoying as actual Town. The combination of Xbro's purity and being a scum partner with Sorian kinda made me take an unusual route of being quiet, as it had to feed into the overall cognitive dissonance.

As for scum chat, I can't recall us talking a lot about you. It was mostly our own internal scheming, and the adults in the room swatting down my uhh, tendencies.

Xbro

Caught your stealth edit :p I didn't think we were that annoying, at least...I know I've been way more annoying as actual Town. The combination of Xbro's purity and being a scum partner with Sorian kinda made me take an unusual route of being quiet, as it had to feed into the overall cognitive dissonance.

As for scum chat, I can't recall us talking a lot about you. It was mostly our own internal scheming, and the adults in the room swatting down my uhh, tendencies.

My being quiet came from being on a mostly unplanned vacation for a good part of Day 1. After I got off vacation I figured I'd just roll with it.

Sophia

My being quiet came from being on a mostly unplanned vacation for a good part of Day 1. After I got off vacation I figured I'd just roll with it.

For what it's worth, I totally should have followed my flowchart and lynched you because of your lack of Day 1 gambit.

Of course, according to said flowchart, the correct course of action is to also lynch Crimson in Lylo. WHOOPS. >_>;

You two being quiet set off my alarms, I don't know why I didn't push it @_@

Sophia

I thiiiink I had made a post about that in scumchat early in the game, lol. It was actually a concern I had.

Yeah, I just read that comment and was like "WHY DIDN'T I FOLLOW PAST ME'S ADVICE?! WHY?!" *headdesk*

Also wow at the fact that we have more posts in our love boat than most of the other chats combined. >_>;

Karkador

Banned

It wasn't so much because you were quiet, it's that usually in mafia, if I'm being loud, it's because of some insane thing I'm trying out. I'm fine with doing that without a partner, it's my own game to lose. The combination of partner game + being in the scum team made me feel a lot more responsible for other people's chances.

Karkador

Banned
Yeah, I just read that comment and was like "WHY DIDN'T I FOLLOW PAST ME'S ADVICE?! WHY?!" *headdesk*

Also wow at the fact that we have more posts in our love boat than most of the other chats combined. >_>;

This is also why I was expecting you to dump a huge amount of info at some point. It was part of the ongoing fear in my head that you were summoning a spirit bomb of observations.

Me prodding that on the last day kind of played double-duty, though, because you saying you *didn't* have that gave me some confidence that we had a clear path. If nothing else, you should have bluffed :p

Sophia

This is also why I was expecting you to dump a huge amount of info at some point. It was part of the ongoing fear in my head that you were summoning a spirit bomb of observations.

Me prodding that on the last day kind of played double-duty, though, because you saying you *didn't* have that gave me some confidence that we had a clear path. If nothing else, you should have bluffed :p

Yeah, if I hadn't lost my composure I would have. Ditto on the bluffing. Argh. >_<;

I'm really frustrated with how changing up my medicines made me do a 180 there. Oh well, only got myself to blame.

It's depressing how well the "afk scum" tactic works, especially during lylo.

Always go after the coasters. It has become my mantra by now.

Anyway, I think we were on the verge of lynching XKark. XBros good midgame helped them way more than the lategame coasting. And I wouldn't say that Sawrian were coasting at all.

Karkador

Banned
Yeah, if I hadn't lost my composure I would have. Ditto on the bluffing. Argh. >_<;

I'm really frustrated with how changing up my medicines made me do a 180 there. Oh well, only got myself to blame.

I think it's clear you didn't play to your full potential, which isn't such a bad way to lose. I, on the other hand, probably only survived because of good teammates.

Sorian

Banned
Obligatory failure at reading role PM mixed with role claiming was early as possible. Not lying really does wonders!

GG everyone, worth it all for getting to send Ouro to the shadow realm and knowing that he was yelling the entire time.

Xbro

I think it's clear you didn't play to your full potential, which isn't such a bad way to lose. I, on the other hand, probably only survived because of good teammates.

Some of the things you did saved us. Like voting Ty/Trigger on Day 2.

reading spec thread and feel real stupid. OH WELL.

Times like this I wish I was more experienced. I had doubts over town hooker but so many other people seemed to be willing to see it as a possibility that I was like, well, okay, and the wiki says maybe so I guess it could be! That coupled with Sorian just feeling very reasonable about it just put me in enough doubt that I went with it. NEVER AGAIN, WILD CLAIMERS.

(someone remind me of this later)

That FLOWCHART. I'm in love. Sophia, leave Crimson for me.

Sorian

Banned
reading spec thread and feel real stupid. OH WELL.

Times like this I wish I was more experienced. I had doubts over town hooker but so many other people seemed to be willing to see it as a possibility that I was like, well, okay, and the wiki says maybe so I guess it could be! That coupled with Sorian just feeling very reasonable about it just put me in enough doubt that I went with it. NEVER AGAIN, WILD CLAIMERS.

(someone remind me of this later)

That FLOWCHART. I'm in love. Sophia, leave Crimson for me.

One thing to note for you (and probably part of why Sophia was on edge the last day), don't worry too much about the spec thread watching. It's harder to see all the angles when you are in the thick of the game and have to worry about anyone being evil. The people playing scum are trying to prey on that part of your mind.

Also, I forgot about that flowchart but it really did check out on this game for the most part.

Sophia

One thing to note for you (and probably part of why Sophia was on edge the last day), don't worry too much about the spec thread watching. It's harder to see all the angles when you are in the thick of the game and have to worry about anyone being evil. The people playing scum are trying to prey on that part of your mind.

Also, I forgot about that flowchart but it really did check out on this game for the most part.

I don't actually care about spec chat (in fact, I can't seem to see it? MOOOODS~!)

What had me on edge was mood swings caused by my medicines changing. Which is why I was all "SCREW THIS I'M OUT" one moment and then came back later to try and defend myself after that outburst. >_>;

I want to recreate or update that flowchart, but I'd need to find new software to do so. Software that could actually handle the insanity I'd put into it. >.>

Sorian

Banned
I don't actually care about spec chat (in fact, I can't seem to see it? MOOOODS~!)

What had me on edge was mood swings caused by my medicines changing. Which is why I was all "SCREW THIS I'M OUT" one moment and then came back later to try and defend myself after that outburst. >_>;

I want to recreate or update that flowchart, but I'd need to find new software to do so. Software that could actually handle the insanity I'd put into it. >.>

Fair enough, sorry if I came off rude, just had to take a pot shot at the bad wording.

Remind me and I might have some good resources for flowcharts! I'm on my way out the door for a meeting just now though. Also I hope your meds get worked out. That's rough. <3

Oh, I don't really worry about it. Like it's not anxiety-inducing (and I do suffer from anxiety, as do so many academics, sigh), it was more a joke. Like an oh-man, hindsight-is-gonna-hurt reminder.

Xbro

I actually mentioned this in the scum chat, but in Lylo I'm usually at the point where, if we lynch correctly then great. If not then the game is over and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Sophia

Remind me and I might have some good resources for flowcharts! I'm on my way out the door for a meeting just now though. Also I hope your meds get worked out. That's rough. <3

Noted! I'll ping you in a bit, and yeah the Doctor thinks it's because there's a sharp drop in my testosterone levels. So it's a good thing and should go away once they stabilize.

nin1000

Banned
Someone analyze how I played and tell me how I could've done better with the tools I've been given

I feel like my lack of experience hurt town

If you come lttp. Or late into the day phase. Look if there were questions directed at you and respond to them.

It felt like you were not even trying to play the game at times and it came off as incredibly NS

Ty4on

Someone analyze how I played and tell me how I could've done better with the tools I've been given

I feel like my lack of experience hurt town
The stuff that doesn't work, look over that and try to figure out why or change your course of action.
The stuff that works, do more of that and try to figure out why it works.

It's kinda self explanatory, but if you find something noteworthy think long and hard at why a scum or townie would say that. Townies do really weird things sometimes because they're town and scum are straightforward and calm because they're scum. Think back to past plays you've seen because not all scum and town will play like you.
Also realize when you start going in circles and can't learn anything from something. Just because something weird was posted doesn't mean it has anything to do with alignment. Move on and look for something that can tell you alignment.

The tools you're given also aren't the only tools available. Ask other people for their input, not only to see things from a different perspective, but also to get an idea of their thoughts. If someone is holding back try to force them into the spotlight so you can get a read of them.

Create discussion. The game is basically played by reading how other players read other players. Get that wheel rolling; point out something tiny, but noteworthy and interesting.

I didn't have that many tools (or, rather, I didn't read that much indepth), but what I found was fairly accurate. Maybe the pair mechanic made it more obvious, but I was kinda struck by how townie the town was in this game. My biggest misread, CrimSoph, was partly because that townread was less tangible as a product of many interactions that I didn't make notes of.

Top Bottom