• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Palmer_v1

Was the balance okay? This one was tough to gauge cause it's really hard to put a value on all the private chats.

Did the bookies not work out? I was mostly excited by that role.

nin1000

Banned
Was the balance okay? This one was tough to gauge cause it's really hard to put a value on all the private chats.

I was really excited but we got unlucky.
The role is something I would love to see come back.

Karkador

Banned

Bookies, Priests, and Loved seemed to have no effect on the game. Hookers didn't know about Virgin, which was slightly bastardish, but I guess it worked out.

Trackers hit nothing, oh well.

Mailmen and Silencers worked out, but in rather odd and unintended (?) ways. It wasn't a huge boon for Town though.

3 seemed like the right number of scum, but scum was pretty short on powers. Thankfully, Town bought the Town Hooker claim, so our roleblocker lived a long life. We also didn't use the ninja shots up quickly. I think a less experienced scum team would have burned through the usefulness of their roles a lot quicker, so it was a game designed for more advanced players.

I guess balance wise, the fact that powers didn't really do a whole lot kept the balance of 3 scum / 12 town intact. In terms of roles, though, I'd say it could have been a bit more eventful and intruiging.

Xbro

Silencers actually struck very true. Recall that the only time Scum was lynched was when their chat was silenced.

We did, but scum played it very well.

I think the game felt well balanced. Certain roles not having an impact is just one of those things that can happen based on play.

Also HI PALMER <3

Ty4on

Roles that are affected by the lynch target feel a bit counterproductive. I spent less time on the D1 lynch than I otherwise would because I had a stake with my role. If I hadn't focused on getting the command in I might have instead changed my vote.

It was an interesting concept to get a dead couple into the chat, but I feel like it'd be better to have a different way of activating it. Maybe limited shots and after the fact initialization instead of a penalty for lynching scum when activated.

Top Bottom