• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (2)
Sorian 444
Ty4on 448

CrimsonFist & Sophia (2)
Ourobolus 115
WhereAreMahDragonz 132 156
kingkitty 265

Fat4all & Sorian (1)
CrimsonFist 175

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
flatearthpandas 176 387
kitsunelaine 385

Xbro & Karkador (1)
flatearthpandas 387

Ourobolus & kingkitty (1)
WhereAreMahDragonz 156
flatearthpandas 174 176
Sorian 194 444

franconp & Dr. Worm (1)
Dr. Worm 136
Muffin1611 178 413

TheExodu5 & Fireblend (0): Dr. Worm 94 136, Ty4on 355 448

Trigger & Ty4on (0): CrimsonFist 71 175

No active vote for Day 1: Darryl, Fat4all, Fireblend, franconp, Karkador, Muffin1611 (has previously voted), Natiko, nin1000, Nomadic Sparks, Orb, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, SexyFish, Sophia, StarSketch, TheExodu5, TheWorthyEdge, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios, Xbro

Day 1 Postcount: CrimsonFist 18, Darryl 3, Dr. Worm 12, Fat4all 14, Fireblend 6, flatearthpandas 4, franconp 21, Karkador 2, kingkitty 4, kitsunelaine 24, Muffin1611 18, Natiko 16, nin1000 2, Nomadic Sparks 19, Orb 7, Ourobolus 25, Royal_Flush 2, Samuraischnecke 9, SexyFish 1, Sophia 26, Sorian 29, StarSketch 2, TheExodu5 1, TheWorthyEdge 3, Trigger 1, TsuXna 0, Ty4on 52, Verelios 14, WhereAreMahDragonz 41, Xbro 1

Day 1 ends:
bla_1501959600.png

Automated vote tally here

16 votes for majority

I have given my thoughts. The fight went no where and seems to have served no purpose. It felt like fighting for the sake of fighting.

"That's dumb" isn't really anything substantial for me to comment on? Like I don't know what you're expecting me to say, here

like I could go with "no YOU'RE dumb" and we could go in this endless circle but that would be even less productive than my fight with the fake news dragon

also can I just point out that the dragon lady used the word "reactionary" wrong? it specifically refers to a person who goes against social progress. It does not mean "person who reacts freverently". Reactionary is synonymous with conservative, which I am not! I would like to assert am very much a progressive lady. And with that nonsensical and pointless aside, I'm going to bed. I know it seems like a weird thing to be hung up over, but it was one of those two in the morning things that nagged at my brain that i just had to post about.

Ok, finished going over Dragonz Vs Kitsu

So essentially, Dragonz goes after Kitsu with arguments which seem to misrepresent her posting, which I agree with, I don't see the argument that Dragonz is making against Kitsu at all. Even after the clarifications, it seems like a very odd interpretation of Kitsu's no lynch post and doesn't explain why Dragonz initially said that Kitsu was backtracking after getting heat, when Kitsu had made only one post.

Kitsu on the other hand has been entirely on the defensive since joining, but all her posts have been focused on this same argument, and it feels like she's trying to drag it out and avoid commenting on anything else.

So essentially, Dragonz goes after Kitsu with arguments which seem to misrepresent her posting, which I agree with, I don't see the argument that Dragonz is making against Kitsu at all. Even after the clarifications, it seems like a very odd interpretation of Kitsu's no lynch post and doesn't explain why Dragonz initially said that Kitsu was backtracking after getting heat, when Kitsu had made only one post.

Kitsu on the other hand has been entirely on the defensive since joining, but all her posts have been focused on this same argument, and it feels like she's trying to drag it out and avoid commenting on anything else.

well i started the day out saying that there wasn't really anything else for me to really comment on, so isn't that just being consistent? :'D

I don't think Kitsu's initial arguments are especially scummy, advocating a no lynch is a waste of time and it's never going to happen, not wanting to by lynched early is understandable for a new player who got lynched earlier in a previous game.

A few other people quoted it too, but Fran's post about how town shouldn't be playing with preservation in mind (337) stood out to me, that should only apply to night kills. Town shouldn't be acting scummy or making themselves an easy lynch target, and the context of the conversation was clearly about that.

Ty4on

also can I just point out that the dragon lady used the word "reactionary" wrong? it specifically refers to a person who goes against social progress. It does not mean "person who reacts freverently". Reactionary is synonymous with conservative, which I am not! I would like to assert am very much a progressive lady. And with that nonsensical and pointless aside, I'm going to bed. I know it seems like a weird thing to be hung up over, but it was one of those two in the morning things that nagged at my brain that i just had to post about.
I view reactionary as reacting to changes in society with a desire to "go back to the way things were"

But that has nothing to do with this game

Ty4on

a touch of self preservation is a good thing for anyone, but you gotta know that your death could be for the greater good of the town

a mislynch can still tell us things, depending on the interactions you had with others. it could lead to hunting scum, or protecting power roles, or whatever

also remember, town won Just Mafia
This is a lazy post repeating what others have said

i just wanna note how funny it is that FF Brave Exvius has a FF Tactics event going on right now called "In the name of Love"

okay i'm really going to bed now. punch me if i show my face before another eight hours have passed

franconp

I don't think Kitsu's initial arguments are especially scummy, advocating a no lynch is a waste of time and it's never going to happen, not wanting to by lynched early is understandable for a new player who got lynched earlier in a previous game.

A few other people quoted it too, but Fran's post about how town shouldn't be playing with preservation in mind (337) stood out to me, that should only apply to night kills. Town shouldn't be acting scummy or making themselves an easy lynch target, and the context of the conversation was clearly about that.

I explained in 356.

I don't like when people don't follow their leads or don't prod people because they are afraid to bother another player and get lynched.

If you think that no lynch is a good idea vote for it. Defend your point after that. Going with the herd with the objetive of not getting lynched is actually scum play.

Why do keep saying it's related to the vote?

If it were related to the vote I would have talked about your partner, who has barely posted besides shitposting so far.

I don't like how are you trying to spin an OMGUS narrative in my read from you.

Going to go on a limb and assume she has no idea what you said at the end there.

Yeah, I didn't really. Someone translate?

Don't know. He seems to catch some of the meta references so either have been reading or someone is coaching them.

I've read one game. That's it. I don't have to have someone coaching me to get a prominent GAF meme. I'm on GAF since beginning of the year, Gafia only a few weeks.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not sure how to read the WAMD/kitsune exchange. Verelios made good points earlier in my mind so WAMD gets a little extra there from me. Kitsune seems really defensive, but WAMD did specifically call her out and *some* of her reasoning I'm not entirely seeing.

IF one of those pairs is scum I'd lean kitsune/fep, but I'm not really thinking that's the case just yet.

Natiko

Banned
Then I'd either go with where everyone else was going or just not vote.
This response doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
I voted for Fireblend. Exodus haven't posted yet, but Fire has been on the sidelines with some comments and never really getting involved.
What made Fire stand out as opposed to the several others that I would argue have also checked in and said essentially nothing of value?
Will go back for quotes in a second now that I'm on mobile, mildly followed the thread on my work computer but can't log on to neogaf from there.

Two points stick out, can't say I agree with all the analysis on self preservation. Whoever said that everyone should be trying to protect themselves is correct. It's when push comes to shove and it's your own ass on the line or an obvious town PR that you should now be questioning your own death but pretending that there is any info one way or the other this early on is wrong.

Second, if you want me to be active, come back Thursday. I work 12 hour shifts Monday through Wednesday, this isn't new, you get what you get.
So you would say that while playing as town you stop and consider how your posts/stances will be interpreted? You worry about 'looking good' to town? Because that was the crux of the issue. I don't think if you're town you should be all that concerned about such things as your actions should ultimately help clear you in their minds.
Oh hi before I get ready for work I'd thought I'd stop by and add that I'll usually swing by the thread around 6pm eastern America time after work. If you need to contact me before that, please email my secretary Ouro.
Advocating we use communication outside of the game threads? What a truly vile scum tactic.
It isn't logical that both of the pair would vote the same target? They have a secret chat were they can talk things, reach a consensus or decide on a move and coordinate. I see nothing wrong there.
But the concerning thing is Ouro puts out his vote with no real reasoning. A couple pages later kingkitty just so happens to have come up with some reasoning to vote for the same pair. Unless it was a coincidence it reads more to me like Ouro put out a garbage vote and kitty decided to find a reason to back his lover's push.

I don't entirely agree with this summary. To me it was pretty clear that while kit threw out wanting to avoid no lynch as an off hand comment that wasn't too serious, she followed it up by defending her to desire to not vote no lynch due to wanting to not be viewed in a scummy manner/self preservation as opposed to the actual logic that should be used for wanting a real lynch (voting patterns to analyze, more reactions, flips, solving essentially).

See my above questions to Sorian. There's a difference between 'not wanting to be lynched' and 'actively playing for survival'.
If wasn't in mad love with kits i would say nothing, but i guess i can rebut.

Wait.

If there was something to rebut.

Again, yawn. Meanwhile, still nothing better posted tha

We're playing teams, fam. Good luck with the cheap MLs. Also, get fucked.

Still not changing votes.
You have done nothing but come in and take pot shots. It's not helping your boat's case. Between the two of you I have the worst overall feelings about your duo.

Ty4on

You have done nothing but come in and take pot shots. It's not helping your boat's case. Between the two of you I have the worst overall feelings about your duo.
Then vote for them

We have 16 for majority so even 6 votes is far short of a turbo

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Uh, so I have reread all that stuff I missed yesterday. Was very tired, sorry.
Took me so long to post because I made a list now to keep track of names and teams.
I don't know many of you, so that makes it hard to read people, which is why I trust my partner who read one past game when it comes to "typical or untypical behaviour".
That said, I'm gonna go over my list...
Some I have read very little or nothing of all together, first:

Fireblend&Exodu5 / Darryl&nin1000 / StarSketch&SexyFish / Orb&TheWorthyEdge / Ouro&kingkitty / TsuXna&Royal_Flush / Xbro&Karkador:

I really wish you would increase your activity a bit. With that I mean some actual thoughts on what's going on and what you think of others so far.
Ouro seemed ok to me aswell, for I think being casual is a way to play Day1.
Exodu5 being "cautious" because Crimsons "traps" seems a bit... easily scared to me.
kingkitty just seems... random.
If people are more transparent with their thoughts, I'm more likely to actually try to get them.

Fat4all&Sorian:
I think Sorian always tries to assemble some thoughts and just lets them out quite fairly. Simply going with my partner here.

CrimsonFist&Sophia:
Both very engaging and clearly want to read out some people already. Not my way of scumtelling, but I'm a beginner, also veterans in other games all seem to follow that method. Really hard to read for me, all I know is that those people could either be valuable townies or very dangerous scum. For those two I will only be able to have a solid opinion of after Day1 with some more information.

franconp&Dr.Worm:
Here I try to explain my Day1 method. I am really bad at reading without any information, so I mostly go for the ones who feel least productive. I could choose the idle-ish ones above, but Dr. Worm troubles me a lot for I have read only shizzle and stupid votes, because of Anime and... a Partnervote instead of just unvoting? *sigh* I don't like trolls in these games. Which is another reason why I would currently tend towards voting against him. BUT he has a partner. He seems to write a lot against each person who seemed more or less suspicious. Can't clearly see if that's just random poking or actually supported by a method... I'm a bit stuck there. Also gota reread his posts bit more for I skipped a bit tbh. /o\

Trigger&Ty4on:
Trigger seems... Inactive? Have I missed him? Ty4on got stuck on the stupid "No Lynch discussion" a bit, which imo is just an unnecessary topic which I won't say much more of, because I have had that discussion too much in past german games and I just want a rule for that tbh. His votes seemed reasonable or at least supported by some reason.

Natiko&Nomadic Sparks:
Nomadic said he was new, so I think I can forgive this No Lynch Day 1 stuff. Natiko said they didn't use the private chat yet... Which gives me exactly nothing. Either they lie to avoid being called "planning scum" or they just didn't do that because Day1 is mostly speculating and poking. There's not much private discussion necessary if you write your thoughts down openly in here early on tbh. (Only talking about Day1 ofc)

Verelios&WhereAreMahDragonz:
Verelios seems to doubt everyone who said sth. productive. Which is ok. I'm not good at questioning people like Sophia and Crimson, so I'm glad for his imput. Dragonz feels a bit weird to me... The bashing against kitsunelaine was a bit too much imho. Have to reread what her partner said to that topic again. That boat honestly troubles me a bit.

kitsunelaine&flatearthpandas:
flatearthpandas... Weird. Voted for Ouro because "tone seemed raised"? Disn't get that. Also didn't get where he redeemed himself for that. Then vote against Verelios... I... Why. I just don't get anything about his thought process. Also because he has so few posts. Kitsunelaine seemed... Not that suspicious to me at first. She had an understandable thought (for me at least) and got bashed. I didn't read anything that she wants a "No Lynch" was quite the opposite of what Dragonz accused her of, if I didn't understand that wrong. But the longer this discussion vs. Dragonz went on it was just overly defensive. And that vote against Dragonz because of that may have been a bit too much from her side. Also she writes so much all of a sudden which seemed suspicious to me. Like a scum being cornered or a overly worried townie. Both doesn't really work in her favor...

Oh god forgive me for that long wall of text, but timezones won't allow me to write much during the great discussions so I have to summarize a lot afterwards: :S

Natiko

Banned
Then vote for them

We have 16 for majority so even 6 votes is far short of a turbo
Too early to settle into a vote that I could see being my final one. I'd rather prod some of the boats that are doing all of nothing, I'll wrap around to my top scum read before day end.

VOTE: Royal_Flush

You and your partner have been complete non-entities. By now there should surely be more to react to and give thoughts on.

Xbro

Finally caught up. Don't really have definitive reads yet. I need to familiarize myself more with who is who. Reading anything doesn't mean jack if I can't remember who said what.

Dragonz seemed to be quite aggressive against Kitsune here, which actually isn't necessarily a bad thing. On one hand pressure is very good, applying pressure is the best way for info to come out. On the other hand it could be jumping at shadows to try to pin someone down.

Dragonz telling Kitsune that she was applying pressure didn't actually help with the pressure applying in and of itself(In fact it just lessened the effect for later posts), and just served as a way to get bystanders on her side.

I'm leaning against Dragons here in this aspect.

As far as the debate itself goes, Kitsune did a good job deflecting Dragonz' post, and Dragonz got very defensive over it.

Vote: Karkador
Don't let's wait all day for your partner to participate. You were present and then withdrew. What's up?

Didn't know if you were talking to me or Karkador at first, but I realize now you're talking about Kark.

In my case I'm in Vegas right now and was dragged to go around town right after I made that post. Didn't get back until 4 in the morning. This is the first chance I've had to really sit down and get a good look at the game, and I believe Kark is in a similar position.

Hello Xbro

Defend yourself

From what?

Is there a way on GAF in which I can only have it so I read 2 posters posts only in a thread?

Wanna take a closer look at Kitsune and Dragonz currently and want to make it as easy as possible.

Karkador

Banned
Is there a way on GAF in which I can only have it so I read 2 posters posts only in a thread?

Wanna take a closer look at Kitsune and Dragonz currently and want to make it as easy as possible.

It's a bit round-about, but you could go to the Community section, find this thread in the list, and click on the post number. That shows you a list of the users in teh thread, and their post counts. Click the post count to see only their threads.

So you do that in two tabs for two different users.

Sophia

I just woke up. I'm getting lunch, and then I'm catching up.

Fair warning, I am cranky af because I did not sleep well.

Karkador

Banned
Also, I mostly agree with Xbro on the Dragonz/kitsune thing. I think it's worth checking back on later with more context, but right now it looks like town shouting at town.

Pandas: considering that it's been a fairly dominant topic and against your lover, you don't have any thoughts on Dragonz? Seems like you've been fairly dismissive of the whole thing.

As Samurai said too, how did Ouro "redeem" himself, you gave a reason of his tone seeming "forced," so I assume it wasn't entirely a joke vote.

Karkador

Banned
Now, while I'm here, can I just make an observation based on personal experience?

If you're shopping a No Lynch option on Day 1, you probably have some kind of manipulative intent up your sleeve.

and,

Lover, as much as I want to support you in all your endeavors that's just not a choice I can get down with.

They did not coordinate it well.

Hmm

Verelios

FEP and Vere, talk to me about your thoughts on your partners play and reaction here.
I'm going to be honest here and hope it doesn't create any waves in my relationship. I can see where Kitsu is coming from. My first game here was Bloodborne and day 1 was a mix of settling in and trying to stay alive while coincidentally being productive. Key word, coincidentally. Not the best strategy, that. I can see they're doing a lot better than me by staying active and entering conversation, just that they're a bit passive/careful. I usually like to give new players a day phase or two since by that time they should have acclimatized and I'll have a somewhat accurate read of them.

On the other hand, I can see where bae is coming from. It's just that I'd be behind this if it wasn't someone new, but it is and that's giving me pause. Ask yourselves, if this was a thread against say, Flush, would you react the same way, or take it as a scumtell? I'd follow through and see if any slips appear.

Read Kitsune and Dragonz interactions and.....I personally don't see anything wrong with Kitsune's posts. Dragonz whole argument it preeeeeetty hypocritical.

1.) Dragonz says Kitsune's trying to fly under the radar. Outing yourself from the get go isn't trying to fly under the radar. If anything it paints a larger target on your back by saying more. Kitsune even points this out.

2.) Dragonz says "Making posts about not wanting to become a target" and how Kitsune's trying to hide. Take the first bolded part put it with the second and that's redundant. Trying to hide is not done by saying what Kitsune does.

3.) Dragonz attacks Kitsune for not actively communicating. But...Kitsune has? Kitsune's been actively defending dumb claims.

I'm not saying Kitsune isn't Scum because literally anybody could be at this point, but Dragonz argument is all over the place and her points contradict each other. I'm not seeing this as much of anything to be honest.

Sophia

Alright, eating now.

Feels like there's a handful of players we haven't heard much from, and that worries me because it's an easy spot for scum to hide in. Some that I've looked over:

2. [m] TheExodu5 & [m] Fireblend - The Exodu5 is apparently out for a chunk of this day phase, so I'm hoping to hear a lot once we get back. Only two posts. Fireblend is apparently out too until Wednesday, so there's only a handful of shitposts from him + some reads. I really hope these two are taking notes and making use of of their lovers chat.

5. [m] TsuXna & [m] Royal_Flush - Is TsuXna even playing? I don't see any posts from them. Royal has two posts, but they're atypical of his style (usually longer posts) and one of them is about the vote tool anyhow. Royal worries me because he's one of my personal blind spots.

9. [f] kitsunelaine & [m] flatearthpandas - kitsunelaine has been active, although a lot of posts are her defending herself from WMAD. But Crimson pointed out to me that FEP has a whopping five posts so far in game. Two of which are just random votes (on Ouro and Verleios), some commentary on Dragonz, and a reply to nin with some reads. Feels very odd that he didn't come to his partner's defense more significantly, given how frustrated kitsunelaine was getting.

14. [f] StarSketch & [m] SexyFish - ??? Basically almost no posts save for some minor commentary from Star. You two gonna chime in at all or just kick back in your love boat?

15. [-] Darryl & [m] nin1000 - Nin hasn't said much of anything save for a question on how to approach a couple in a pair game, and apparently he's going to be out. Darryl had some back and fourth with Verelios, and while I felt his posts there were solid per se, it was only two posts total.

To be perfectly honest, to me the argument between Dragonz and kitsune made me think that Dragonz came over a bit scummy, but I don't have many D1s under my belt so this might be me reading too much into it after Dragonz read too much into kitsunes post. Also Dragonz partner Verelios posting is pretty solid so far. I'm undecided.

I explained in 356.

I don't like when people don't follow their leads or don't prod people because they are afraid to bother another player and get lynched.

If you think that no lynch is a good idea vote for it. Defend your point after that. Going with the herd with the objetive of not getting lynched is actually scum play.

This is what I've been trying to say literally for hours

TheExodu5

Banned
Not much to add...just putting in my 2 cents. Hopefully have more time to give a proper read before I leave for the weekend.

Dragonz behavior isn't really out of the norm. She made pretty hypocritical accusations in the last gsme we played together and she was town. Not an absolution or an indictment, just an observation.

Top Bottom