• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sophia

That way I didn't have to make any reads ;_;

Also reading this made me go back through and see just what kind of reads you had:

Yeah, Vere is cool imo.

CrimSoph have been bothering me too, but kinda don't wanna put a vote down. Crimson is quite engaging and scum Crimson is a coaster master from memory so it seems odd that he'd ping scummy this early.

Rough number?
I'd rank them kind of high tbh

Not much to go on, no super townie posts or anything, but they've held a decent tone and don't seem like they've gone into the thread with an agenda.
Have to weed out the townies too~

You do you tho while I sleep. Not set on her alignment, but I've seen plenty of townies doing the same.

VOTE: Fireblend
So much coasting and taking potshots
Light town:
CrimSoph
Ourokitty
Veregonz

Light scum:
Exodu5ire
FatSorian
NatNomad

Scum reads feel heavily influenced by low activity/engagement though.

Neither list is really in order BTW
FWIW Fire looks much better now, but that was after that. I don't quite get how you could make that read.
Speaking of Sorian, what do you think of him so far Fireblend?
He's not as active as normal due to work. I find him a bit more null than usual. Maybe slightly town as he doesn't seem to push too much of an agenda.

Perfect timing when he is sleeping :p
Good point by Natiko about the lack of vote movement by Ouro. This is a game with very little vote movement, but I would've liked to see more.
There's also not a whole lot of pressuring. Now that several are town reading CrimSoph it might be especially important to drum up discussion around them instead of letting it slide. On top of that there's not a whole lot of pressuring other players or scum reading.
Derp, I meant Muffin and Samurai

My kitsune/FEP read is null at best

Some of your reads felt a little bit wishy-washy on the line. Although I'm hesitant to call you out too much, given I've done the same before. There's a lot of posts tho so I haven't gone through everything. Also I noticed that you significantly toned back the shitposting after I called you out on it. :p

Darryl

Banned
Are there any points / posts in this thread that people deem particularly damning, but feel as though their points / posts haven't been noticed or given proper credit

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Orb & TheWorthyEdge (2)
Sorian 688
WhereAreMahDragonz 954

TsuXna & Royal_Flush (2)
Natiko 475
Nomadic Sparks 488

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 156 954
flatearthpandas 174 176
Sorian 194 444
flatearthpandas 619 654
Muffin1611 718
Dr. Worm 836

Fat4all & Sorian (2)
CrimsonFist 175
Darryl 659

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
flatearthpandas 176 387
kitsunelaine 385

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
CrimsonFist 71 175
kingkitty 653

CrimsonFist & Sophia (1)
Ourobolus 115
WhereAreMahDragonz 132 156
kingkitty 265 653

Xbro & Karkador (1)
flatearthpandas 387 619
Ty4on 695

StarSketch & SexyFish (0): flatearthpandas 655 962

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (0): Sorian 444 688, Ty4on 448 695

TheExodu5 & Fireblend (0): Dr. Worm 94 136, Ty4on 355 448

franconp & Dr. Worm (0): Dr. Worm 136 537, Muffin1611 178 413

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (0): Dr. Worm 537 836

No active vote for Day 1: Fat4all, Fireblend, flatearthpandas (has previously voted), franconp, Karkador, nin1000, Orb, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, SexyFish, Sophia, StarSketch, TheExodu5, TheWorthyEdge, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios, Xbro

Day 1 Postcount: CrimsonFist 42, Darryl 6, Dr. Worm 51, Fat4all 25, Fireblend 30, flatearthpandas 18, franconp 41, Karkador 9, kingkitty 16, kitsunelaine 39, Muffin1611 55, Natiko 46, nin1000 2, Nomadic Sparks 41, Orb 16, Ourobolus 93, Royal_Flush 11, Samuraischnecke 19, SexyFish 1, Sophia 60, Sorian 64, StarSketch 7, TheExodu5 2, TheWorthyEdge 11, Trigger 8, TsuXna 0, Ty4on 108, Verelios 30, WhereAreMahDragonz 68, Xbro 5

Day 1 ends:
bla_1501959600.png

Automated vote tally here

16 votes for majority

Natiko

Banned
:(

Do you have a more fleshed out read tho?
Well I was going to say it would be difficult on mobile only, but as I was catching up I noticed Sophia did a bit of it for me. Essentially there's just not a ton of analysis in your posts compared to what I'm used to. You've made some reads, but many of them are just tossed in here or there with little validation so they come across as mostly gut. That's not unusual for D1, but I feel like you usually have a more solid D1 than I do so it's surprising to me. Where you one of the ones that analyzed the muffin/samurai posts about being ignored? I did think that bit of analysis pointing to them being potential town was good if so.

Ty4on

Well I was going to say it would be difficult on mobile only, but as I was catching up I noticed Sophia did a bit of it for me. Essentially there's just not a ton of analysis in your posts compared to what I'm used to. You've made some reads, but many of them are just tossed in here or there with little validation so they come across as mostly gut. That's not unusual for D1, but I feel like you usually have a more solid D1 than I do so it's surprising to me. Where you one of the ones that analyzed the muffin/samurai posts about being ignored? I did think that bit of analysis pointing to them being potential town was good if so.

I was the first one to call them out as townie iirc

There's not a whole lot to go from in this game. The kitsune/Dragonz was probably the biggest, but it's kinda deciding if it was fumbled town play or fumbled scum play. Apart from thinking they're probably not on a scum team it didn't really tell me much. I went from thinking it was t/t to thinking I didn't really have any reason to townread kitsune/FEP (hence vote) to going back to leaning t/t.

A lot of players feel more restrained than normal which makes it hard to townread them. There aren't a lot of townie strings of thoughts that I look for. Fire kinda stood out when he started posting because I kinda got that vibe from him. Especially the posts not about the boat chat.

Darryl

Banned
Hey Sorian, how do you feel about lynching Ouro today? It looks like he is going to be a contender for a lynch and you've already voted for him. You went in on Ourobolus at post #194 for a legitimate read, and since then you've re-directed your vote twice now to two different players for mere inactivity prods.

Natiko

Banned
I was the first one to call them out as townie iirc

There's not a whole lot to go from in this game. The kitsune/Dragonz was probably the biggest, but it's kinda deciding if it was fumbled town play or fumbled scum play. Apart from thinking they're probably not on a scum team it didn't really tell me much. I went from thinking it was t/t to thinking I didn't really have any reason to townread kitsune/FEP (hence vote) to going back to leaning t/t.

A lot of players feel more restrained than normal which makes it hard to townread them. There aren't a lot of townie strings of thoughts that I look for. Fire kinda stood out when he started posting because I kinda got that vibe from him. Especially the posts not about the boat chat.
I'm bad at D1 so it doesn't feel all that different to me from usual, but I will agree that there haven't been too many topics of discussion beyond WAMD/kit, Ouro, Sophia/Crim, and inactives. Just in general hasn't quite matched up with your play in previous games with me, but as I said you're not at the top of my list so my vote wouldn't fall there unless it was for tie breaking. I seem to be in the minority on Royal whom I still don't feel great about after he posted more. FEP has stepped it up though and fallen off my radar. Ouro could very well be where my vote goes as time ticks down but I'll save that until it's certain that Royal is sticking. If I was voting off an inactive pair it would go on Kark assuming the post count was hit.

Ty4on

I'm bad at D1 so it doesn't feel all that different to me from usual, but I will agree that there haven't been too many topics of discussion beyond WAMD/kit, Ouro, Sophia/Crim, and inactives. Just in general hasn't quite matched up with your play in previous games with me, but as I said you're not at the top of my list so my vote wouldn't fall there unless it was for tie breaking. I seem to be in the minority on Royal whom I still don't feel great about after he posted more. FEP has stepped it up though and fallen off my radar. Ouro could very well be where my vote goes as time ticks down but I'll save that until it's certain that Royal is sticking. If I was voting off an inactive pair it would go on Kark assuming the post count was hit.

I find it useful to read other people's read of me. It's easier to follow their thought process because I generally know what I've posted.

Is there anything in specific bothering you with Flush? Last time I played with him he had a similarly aggressive tone, but maybe with a few more posts. Nothing really stands out to me one way or another.

All I can really say to defend myself is im probably garbage at this, especially at trying to keep up with/catch up on arguments(and try to read each person's actions).

Unfortunately you got me as a partner as well. That certainly doesn't help. I'm trying though.

I feel like Orb (if I wasn't his partner) would look as if he was town for the first time not exactly understanding how he should put an argument into text. He seems close to being able to fully explain where he's at but he falls short. If I were to look at both newbies (Kitsune and Orb) I would think Kitsune is more fluff. Kit got into that one scuffle with WAMD and then continues to post literally useless stuff. Orb I feel is at least trying to help, or express himself.

Of course the main argument against everything I'm saying is: but you're his partner.

Ourobolus

Banned
Alright, I'm caught up.

Sure thing. While reading through most of it I felt like siding with Kitsune; her responses felt genuine in both a somewhat naive way when she shared her thoughts about not wanting to make herself into a target by defending an unpopular position like a no-lynch, and then in a disconcerted way when it was apparent that wasn't an ideal answer. The way the exchange continued without much change in Kitsune's position and just a general sense of frustration from what she saw as being a simple point not getting across to WAMD gives me the impression she thought (at least) that she was alone in that fight. Maybe there would be a small trace of her having received some support to flip the tables a bit if she had been coached a bit more? As it stands most of her responses are awfully defensive and generally poorly handled, specially because it should have been easy for Kitsune to go on the offensive and flip the tables against WAMD but that never really happened.

On the other hand I see WAMD's point; catching scum is priority #1 for town while self-preservation is scum's; if it hadn't been because Kitsune also provided the context about her previous game and the way her playstyle had changed from then, no one would have faulted Dragonz for jumping on Kitsune. After that my reads do get a bit more hazy. WAMD spent some time stumbling to explain herself with very little success which doesn't feel manufactured, but also not indicative of much more - it did feel like she was too invested though, while Kitsune comes across as trying to get the convo out of the way.

So, not town-reading Kitsune but I'd say what prompted WAMD to go after her seems like very shaky ground - it's not like Kitsune backtracked in an attempt to change what she initially meant. WAMD on the other hand, maybe a bit of a scumread but nothing too severe, specially because of how she stumbled after the initial exchange.

Also, ignoring Verelios and FEP. FEP's less of a problem since he's less of an actual entity atm, but Verelios has been contributing consistently so I don't know how that should influence my read of WAMD.

Could you just explain what made you put Fire as town way back? Like point out which part of his posts you liked and how that read progressed.

It was really just that one. I know he had been busy before catching up. His read on the WAMD/Kitsune thing was pretty sensible and I appreciated it. He's since been pretty decent as well.

Orb

That's all you've got? Really? None of that is a viable explanation.

There's nothing to explain? I could go into more detail about how I'm new to everything and everyone so it's hard(er) to get reads on how they're behaving, but I don't want to sit back and do nothing while the game goes on regardless. I'd rather be under suspicion for being indecisive/defendingothers than for being dodgy and quiet

I guess being bad at first doesn't mesh well with still wanting to participate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Orb

Unfortunately you got me as a partner as well. That certainly doesn't help. I'm trying though.

I feel like Orb (if I wasn't his partner) would look as if he was town for the first time not exactly understanding how he should put an argument into text. He seems close to being able to fully explain where he's at but he falls short. If I were to look at both newbies (Kitsune and Orb) I would think Kitsune is more fluff. Kit got into that one scuffle with WAMD and then continues to post literally useless stuff. Orb I feel is at least trying to help, or express himself.

Of course the main argument against everything I'm saying is: but you're his partner.

Shush, you're a great partner

and that's pretty much how it is. I've never been good at explaining, and tbh a lot of the stuff that's happened super quickly (IE the WAMD/Kit thing) I did admittedly more skim than really read read, so I'll take the heat for that.

Natiko

Banned
I find it useful to read other people's read of me. It's easier to follow their thought process because I generally know what I've posted.

Is there anything in specific bothering you with Flush? Last time I played with him he had a similarly aggressive tone, but maybe with a few more posts. Nothing really stands out to me one way or another.
I just don't feel like he's contributed much. I'm used to him posting very little, but when he does he would usually pick at least a topic or two to go more in depth on. Here he's mainly attacked people here or there without making many real points in the process. He then claimed that's been his m.o. in recent games but I don't recall it being this standoffish with little insight. Could be misremembering I guess.

I also think I scumread him last time when he was town so I might just be bad at reading him.

Who has been the most inactive of the day so far...?
TsuXna hasn't even posted so them, but for coasting I'd say Kark.

There's nothing to explain? I could go into more detail about how I'm new to everything and everyone so it's hard(er) to get reads on how they're behaving, but I don't want to sit back and do nothing while the game goes on regardless. I'd rather be under suspicion for being indecisive/defendingothers than for being dodgy and quiet

I guess being bad at first doesn't mesh well with still wanting to participate ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You're fine! Just keep on keeping on until something really truly sticks out to you. Stay questioning people and when you're ready to make a call THAT'S when you take a side. Other people forcing your hand (not saying people are) is never a good thing.

Ty4on

What do you feel about the people scumreading or leaning negative with you?

Personally I don't quite get it. You've been very textbook so that's something to be wary of, but you've given the vibe of being a townie solving at their own speed. Heck, thinking back it feels like you've been solving in pretty much every post I can remember. This solving attitude is what I like best from you and because it's been so calm it doesn't feel like you're trying to look townie, but rather just solve the game.

I gave you a proper ISO and still stand by that. Nothing super townie, but it's good. That kitsune/Dragonz is what I like the most because you seem interested in figuring it out. I disagree with the tangent that it could be scum v scum, but as you go through that there is a natural flow and it doesn't give the impression of someone trying to stir the pot. Then eventually you go back to thinking it's town v town. It's easy and kinda feels natural for a scum there to go "hmm, I'll keep an eye" instead of settling at something.

That wasn't supposed to be a read btw... Now it must look like I'm really trying to pocket lol

I at first felt decent about you because nothing reminded me of when you were my scummate, but I didn't really have any specific reason why you were town apart from that.

Ty4on

I like Orb too btw. Less reasons, but kinda similar vibes now that I think about it.

I just don't feel like he's contributed much. I'm used to him posting very little, but when he does he would usually pick at least a topic or two to go more in depth on. Here he's mainly attacked people here or there without making many real points in the process. He then claimed that's been his m.o. in recent games but I don't recall it being this standoffish with little insight. Could be misremembering I guess.

I also think I scumread him last time when he was town so I might just be bad at reading him.
He seems to have a kinda aggressive tone as town. He'll talk down people like in that big post about all the coasters.

Looong time since I've been scum with him, but back then he'd coast and every now and then make some fairly detailed posts about what was going on in the thread. Not as emotional tho iirc. I compared a scum and town game from him and in general as scum he had longer lines in his posts as if he kept adding explanations while his town posts were shorter and more direct.

Ty4on

It was really just that one. I know he had been busy before catching up. His read on the WAMD/Kitsune thing was pretty sensible and I appreciated it. He's since been pretty decent as well.
Figured it was that one, but thanks either way. No impression before that apart from the last game you played with him? Like I had a scummy impression and that made me read that post negatively.

Ourobolus

Banned
Figured it was that one, but thanks either way. No impression before that apart from the last game you played with him? Like I had a scummy impression and that made me read that post negatively.
Well the last game was Brexit where we were both Town, so...yeah, I don't know. Before that post he said he was busy so there was literally nothing to "read."

What do you feel about the people scumreading or leaning negative with you?

Personally I don't quite get it. You've been very textbook so that's something to be wary of, but you've given the vibe of being a townie solving at their own speed. Heck, thinking back it feels like you've been solving in pretty much every post I can remember. This solving attitude is what I like best from you and because it's been so calm it doesn't feel like you're trying to look townie, but rather just solve the game.

I gave you a proper ISO and still stand by that. Nothing super townie, but it's good. That kitsune/Dragonz is what I like the most because you seem interested in figuring it out. I disagree with the tangent that it could be scum v scum, but as you go through that there is a natural flow and it doesn't give the impression of someone trying to stir the pot. Then eventually you go back to thinking it's town v town. It's easy and kinda feels natural for a scum there to go "hmm, I'll keep an eye" instead of settling at something.

That wasn't supposed to be a read btw... Now it must look like I'm really trying to pocket lol

I at first felt decent about you because nothing reminded me of when you were my scummate, but I didn't really have any specific reason why you were town apart from that.

I mean, it's the first day. Whatever they're going off of is small and minute. Nothing good enough to make an argument on later in the game, but just barely enough to make it a D1 case. I disagree with why one may think I'm scum but then again it's Day 1 and everyone is scrutinizing everything someone of interest says so I'm not surprised people are thinking the way they are.

Ty4on

Well the last game was Brexit where we were both Town, so...yeah, I don't know. Before that post he said he was busy so there was literally nothing to "read."
I found the negative tone off-putting, but yeah.

Haven't seen a lot of reads for franconp. Mine is null lol so maybe that's why.

Ourobolus

Banned
I found the negative tone off-putting, but yeah.

Haven't seen a lot of reads for franconp. Mine is null lol so maybe that's why.
I'd have to go back and look at Gafia3 but I feel like the last time (two times?) I've played with him he tunnels people each day and has a nin-like ability to find scum.

Ty4on

I mean, it's the first day. Whatever they're going off of is small and minute. Nothing good enough to make an argument on later in the game, but just barely enough to make it a D1 case. I disagree with why one may think I'm scum but then again it's Day 1 and everyone is scrutinizing everything someone of interest says so I'm not surprised people are thinking the way they are.
I like using them to read someone because I can go "yeah I see where they're coming from, I've been lacking motivation this game" or "this person didn't have a read of me so this comes out of the blue. They're also not really able to point anything specific out which should be easy"

In my last game it actually was the main thing that got me scumreading a scum when they came after be out of nowhere.

Xbro

It seems a bit early in the game for scum ouro to acknowledge that his scum play can be used to implicate a town fire and there's no reason at that point for fire to be a logical target for such a play anyway.

I was thinking earlier on, and I mentioned the possibility, that it's possible the plan was laid out but he got cold feet so he dismissed the possibility. As someone who likes laying out elaborate plans throughout games, this is very relatable. The whole interaction imo reads like paranoia from him. More of a gut feeling than anything. As far as it being too early, Ouro apparently always says he likes day 1 as a retrospective. I assume this is because you can see all the seeds that were planted along the way.

Final thoughts on Ouro is that regardless of whether or not he is scum, he's definitely hiding something.

Also, Kitsune's multi-post response to a small bit of prodding seems very much like deflecting everything in a defensive manner. Mostly a vibe.

Ourobolus

Banned
I was thinking earlier on, and I mentioned the possibility, that it's possible the plan was laid out but he got cold feet so he dismissed the possibility. As someone who likes laying out elaborate plans throughout games, this is very relatable. The whole interaction imo reads like paranoia from him. More of a gut feeling than anything. As far as it being too early, Ouro apparently always says he likes day 1 as a retrospective. I assume this is because you can see all the seeds that were planted along the way.

Final thoughts on Ouro is that regardless of whether or not he is scum, he's definitely hiding something.

Also, Kitsune's multi-post response to a small bit of prodding seems very much like deflecting everything in a defensive manner. Mostly a vibe.
I don't have nearly the foresight you are crediting me with here

I mean I recognize that it's entirely my problem to deal with and I should try and focus on making single posts instead of posting my thoughts as they come, but still.

Sorian

Banned
Man Ouro, aside from Xbro/Kark, you could literally flip that entire reads list upside down and you'd have mine. Also, love that the scum read on my boat amounts to I'm dangerous as scum so better just bank on that.

Hey Sorian, how do you feel about lynching Ouro today? It looks like he is going to be a contender for a lynch and you've already voted for him. You went in on Ourobolus at post #194 for a legitimate read, and since then you've re-directed your vote twice now to two different players for mere inactivity prods.

I would lynch Ouro. Your analysis is bad though. My early vote on Ouro, while having real reasoning, was mild at best, he's hung himself much more on real issues since then. My vote for kitsune also wasn't an activity prod so not sure where you pulled that from. I was reading both her and Dragonz as scum but Dragonz had just gone to sleep while kitsune appeared to still be around which is why I voted where I did, was hoping for an over defense again but got ghosted instead.

Natiko

Banned
Not really reading the multiposts from kitsune as alignment indicative. The lack of solving in them on the other hand...

Were it not for FEP I'd likely have this pair at the top of my scum list. Instead it's something closer to third or fourth.

The amount of pairs that have at least one inactive/coaster is making things very messy in my head as I try and evaluate the pairs.

Sorian

Banned
I am out for a bit though which is fine since activity hits a standstill at this point in the night for a couple hours any way. Not moving my vote, still have another full day tomorrow and I want more discussion, not to start tunneling in on the wagons. Feels like I got nothing from TWE (and also find it odd that him and Orb are talking semi-seriously here when they should be able to do it in private) and Xbro/Kark at least have ine vote on them with that Ouro one if not more if I remember right so pressure is there too.

Natiko

Banned
I'm out for the night. Have a busy day tomorrow yet so my activity level will remain about on par as it has been at best. I typically try and do a full reads list each day phase, but unless enough people care to see it I'll likely skip it this time. I've made it clear the pairs I'm concerned with. If I do make one at people's request it's just going to be the TLDR version with minimal explanation.

Orb

You're fine! Just keep on keeping on until something really truly sticks out to you. Stay questioning people and when you're ready to make a call THAT'S when you take a side. Other people forcing your hand (not saying people are) is never a good thing.

<3

Don't really mean to drag this whole thing out again, but am curious why this is in the thread and not in partner chat?

We've had various thoughts but personal coaching etc. is something I would/have use the lover chat for. I guess it's the type of thing where if public I wonder why it's public. I don't necessarily think it helps us determine anything about your alignment but it makes me wonder why I'm reading it. Fire, you were most worried about this stuff, what do you think about it?

Don't really mean to drag this whole thing out again, but am curious why this is in the thread and not in partner chat?

We've had various thoughts but personal coaching etc. is something I would/have use the lover chat for. I guess it's the type of thing where if public I wonder why it's public. I don't necessarily think it helps us determine anything about your alignment but it makes me wonder why I'm reading it. Fire, you were most worried about this stuff, what do you think about it?

I did this to also show people how I think as well. Many may think what goes through my mind when I'm doing the stuff I do. That's how I think in a game of Mafia so I feel not only should my partner understand it but the players themselves.

I did this to also show people how I think as well. Many may think what goes through my mind when I'm doing the stuff I do. That's how I think in a game of Mafia so I feel not only should my partner understand it but the players themselves.

I'm of mixed feelings. But I'd prefer more thoughts from you than just "hang in there, pard!" I haven't done a reaching in you yet but you haven't been sticking in my memory. Got any hot takes while you're here?

Readthrough*

On a more general note, I'm busy tonight and working tomorrow. My presence had been called into question already this phase but i am on gmt+9, day end is at 4am for me. I probably won't make it as i work the next day but i will endeavour to be there as long as i can.

I'm of mixed feelings. But I'd prefer more thoughts from you than just "hang in there, pard!" I haven't done a reaching in you yet but you haven't been sticking in my memory. Got any hot takes while you're here?

I understand your sentiments regarding not using the chat for what I was talking about. All is well.

Hottakes right now is that Nomadic and Kitsune are the most suspicious to me right now. Kitsune is ALL over the place and hasn't posted much of worth.

Nomadic on the other has said some odd things the past couple of pages. He seems more inclined to shit post or try and summon someone when in reality he doesn't give anything to us (yet he expects other to bow down to him and give him reads).

About to get into bed rn. Will look over the past 2 or so pages.

SexyFish

Banned
You seem unusually nervous.

I mean it seems consistent in tone with their reaction to Dragonz prodding of them earlier.

That doesn't explain the logic behind the apparent self-contradiction you tried to call me on. So far I haven't seen anything to justify the following quote;

Honestly your refusal to explain this bugs the crap out of me. I'll ask you again. How exactly am I going back on my statement?

SexyFish

Banned
Err, let me rephrase that(misquoted), kitsunelaine usually seems to post in frequent succession due to the lack of editing in here.

I wouldn't take that as being a nervous tell.

Top Bottom