• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

While I'm doing hottakes of my own, this kind of jumped out at me.

Why the hell are you reading your own partner as if you somehow don't know their alignment?

These two quotes + the above read are a bit fluff. You don't need to do public demonstrations of how you think. Show us how you think by hunting scum and providing reasonable arguments.

These are all easy hottake reads too. I'm pretty sure both of these reads have basically been made by others before this post.

Obviously I know Orb's alignment but I sat back and looked at how people may perceive Orb without knowing his alignment.

Those hottakes are ones I've stated before. I stand by what I said and will most likely be voting one or the other in today's vote depending on what happens.

Everytime I try and show it always gets shut down in past games. So now when someone's trying to dismiss a read they'll at least maybe be able to look at it like I do. I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, well I'll get back to that once we actually have something concrete to work with.

(hint: none of us do yet)

You've never had an issue lording an opinion around has fact before. What's different now.

-------

Also, I see your read Fire and can't say I even see it enough to defend on it. I haven't been active in the moment as much as usual but I come back and drop new reads based on what I see in catch up. I can't magically make more posts appear while I'm gone from others.

1. [m] Muffin1611 & [f] Samuraischnecke

Samurai seems a bit clueless and aloof - I know that the game moves at a fast pace and there's an unusually high amount of players in it (I myself have trouble keeping up) but there's very little in her posts of actual substance. Everything she's done is dig up an Exodu5 post when I asked about it and then joke with Muffin about anime and stuff. Not a good look.

Muffin is a bit polarizing, from what I can gather. Personally, I lean a bit towards scum on him because most of what he's posted feels pretty low-effort. There was a summary formatted as a read list early in the game that didn't contain one single original opinion. He read Dragonz as scummy after the spat with Kitsune, he voted for Ouro when people were discussing his read on me with disapproval... feels like he's following what he sees as the status quo rather than bring up new stuff.

What you're saying about Sam is perfectly accurate. She has trouble keeping up with everything and I already told her that she might want to focus more on present stuff instead of trying to make sense of stuff from several pages ago. I can try to cover that for our pair.

The thing you're calling me out on here isn't anything new either, I was already asked why I voted Ouro when others were already going after him and I explained why. Short summary for you: I didn't feel they pressured Ouro enough to make him say anything helpful, but I went over that a few times now already, so just look at my older posts.

And that you're saying I lack in decision is rather weird. Kind of directly contradicting your point of me being "polarizing". I think I made perfectly clear that I think Ouro is a good lynch target because of his dodgy behaviour, next to people like Kark who are just coasting at this point.

I know what you meant and I see the comment about being usually read null in other places. I was more fishing to see if you had actually advanced that concern into any reads or not.

Not yet, but Fireblends post is another one of these cases, so I guess I'll investigate this a bit before the day is over.

Sophia

Obviously I know Orb's alignment but I sat back and looked at how people may perceive Orb without knowing his alignment.

Forgive me if I think this looks like crap on your part, what with the whole "your partner being called out and voted on by WMAD" shtick and all. If Orb wants to change his perception, perhaps maybe he should actually try defending himself? Certainly it'd be better than his partner doing fluff reads on him, would it not?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Am I the only one that finds it odd that despite my boat being scum read by a few groups now there's still never been a vote towards it? Feels like people are more hoping to sway some others to start the train first so they won't look as bad when we flip town if lynched.

oh, kvetch kvetch kvetch kvetch kvetch kvetch

Fireblend

Banned
What you're saying about Sam is perfectly accurate. She has trouble keeping up with everything and I already told her that she might want to focus more on present stuff instead of trying to make sense of stuff from several pages ago. I can try to cover that for our pair.

The thing you're calling me out on here isn't anything new either, I was already asked why I voted Ouro when others were already going after him and I explained why. Short summary for you: I didn't feel they pressured Ouro enough to make him say anything helpful, but I went over that a few times now already, so just look at my older posts.

And that you're saying I lack in decision is rather weird. Kind of directly contradicting your point of me being "polarizing". I think I made perfectly clear that I think Ouro is a good lynch target because of his dodgy behaviour, next to people like Kark who are just coasting at this point.

I didn't mean to make it seem as if my reads were new to anyone but myself. Your attitude still feels very safe to me in the sense that it's as if you had waited until the most risk-free moment to vote for Ouro, same with your WAMD/Kitsune "ruling" that they felt like town v town.

What I meant by lack of decision is that it feels like the ones you've taken so far have been to follow other people rather than be assertive. Not that I don't believe that you may buy into others' theories, but that's something I expect from the last hours of the day, and we're still some ways off from that. I just want to see you generate some reactions rather than pile on someone that was already defending themselves.

same with your WAMD/Kitsune "ruling" that they felt like town v town.

Besides the other stuff you said which I pretty much agree with and I'll try to look more at stuff nobody else is really looking at - what do you mean here? It could be that I'm literally forgetting something I myself wrote, but did I write something like that? I thought I was pretty consistent that WAMD feels slightly scummy to me but isn't really on my radar because of Verelios being helpful and nothing else really happening.

Fireblend

Banned
Besides the other stuff you said which I pretty much agree with and I'll try to look more at stuff nobody else is really looking at - what do you mean here? It could be that I'm literally forgetting something I myself wrote, but did I write something like that? I thought I was pretty consistent that WAMD feels slightly scummy to me but isn't really on my radar because of Verelios being helpful and nothing else really happening.

Sorry, I may have misremembered and attributed someone else's read on that to you.

Forgive me if I think this looks like crap on your part, what with the whole "your partner being called out and voted on by WMAD" shtick and all. If Orb wants to change his perception, perhaps maybe he should actually try defending himself? Certainly it'd be better than his partner doing fluff reads on him, would it not?

I'm not saying he shouldn't.

Sophia

It is just me or you are just attacking the newbies? I don't remember you participating in a discussion about any of the oldies and that seems to be Vere's job.

I went back through WMAD's posts after reading this, especially as it's related to the Orb/TWE discussion, and here's what I came out with

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245153412&postcount=315 - Read on me early on.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245157045&postcount=324 - The start of her attack on Kitsunelane
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245225350&postcount=500 - Rebuttal to Nomadic
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245273001&postcount=680 - Slight rebuttal to Royal (which he did not reply to I think?)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245313063&postcount=793 - Attack on Muffin's reads
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245325864&postcount=837 - Defense of Ouro
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245326605&postcount=845 - Announces her plan to take a look at Ouro
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245327097&postcount=855 - Nomadic again
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245329968&postcount=891 - Defense of Ouro/Retubttal to Muffin
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245339130&postcount=933 - Something off about Muffin's post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245339349&postcount=935 - Calling Kitsune a costing scum alert.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245341068&postcount=954 - Attack on Orb

It's not just you. She has indeed had a lot of focus on newer players.

Natiko

Banned
Sorry, been busier today than I realized I would be.
I'm never really convinced by long read lists with vague comments like that, the first comment is ok, but not really enough to make up for kitsune's continued lack of contributions since the Dragonz argument.
I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever but it was enough to bump them down the list personally. Doesn't change that they're still closer to the top than the bottom.
You almost sound paranoid here, Natiko.

*goes to check which groups are scum reading Natiko besides FEP*
Royal and Ouro as well I believe with plenty of shade from more. I'm not sure why that sounds paranoid given no votes on us from anyone when we've been straight up listed as scum at times.
Natiko and Nomad balance each other out. Nomad is just existing, Natiko is engaging, and while I obviously take issue with his suspicion of me, nothing is really standing out as scummy.
Didn't you just have us as one of two pairs on your scum list? Lol

If I'm wrong here my bad, mobile only life has been rough.

Natiko

Banned
That being said I'm pretty sure my vote will land on Ouro or Kark at day end. Need my love to show up and get his thoughts on the situation.

Looking at stuff on Fire's read list, Darryl's been far less active than I thought he had been from my read of the thread, I felt like his contributions were decent on my initial read, but looking back, there's very little there, and a lot of his few posts are pure fluff. Nin doesn't exist.

Star's been Star and SexyFish has given an excuse for not being around, but that pair has produced nothing of value, guess Fish said that there's more to come later at least.

Dr. Worm

Banned
tbh I'd rather just let the inactives get kicked/replaced

for me, boats like TWE/Orb that coast over the post minimum without pushing anything overly daring are more concerning

franconp

I would say Darryl has contributed more than Kark or Xbro. Were it not for that I think they would be just as eligible.

He HAS posted, just not much and when he has it hasn't been meaningful.

The same can be said from half the roster almost but there are worse cases, cases that aren't in danger of being replaced.

Ah right, there was that exchange about no lynches being pushed with manipulative intent. Not really much to go on, but would suggest to me that he's not being inactive intentionally.

Sophia

Going over my reads real fast to get a better idea of who I want to vote for, especially as we're approaching the day phase's end now. Only 24 hours left.

I've got a handful of pairs I could be convinced to vote for right now, but I wanna sort out my thoughts to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Darryl

Banned
The three groups who I'm okay to lynch today

3. [m] Fat4all & [m] Sorian
2. [m] TheExodu5 & [m] Fireblend
12. [m] Ourobolus & [m] kingkitty

The four below I want to keep for now

4. [m] CrimsonFist & [f] Sophia
6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
8. [m] Trigger & [m] Ty4on

The reasoning for most of them is gut

franconp

I don't think Kark is going to be in replacement territory nor is Xbro. What worse case would you point to?

That's not sketchy at all.

I would say Orb and TWE. Also StarSketch and SexyFish. But when I made that post I thought that Kark had less than 4 posts so I can see your point better.

Also Xbro statement brings new light to the Kark situation.

Ty4on

The three groups who I'm okay to lynch today

3. [m] Fat4all & [m] Sorian
2. [m] TheExodu5 & [m] Fireblend
12. [m] Ourobolus & [m] kingkitty

The four below I want to keep for now

4. [m] CrimsonFist & [f] Sophia
6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
8. [m] Trigger & [m] Ty4on

The reasoning for most of them is gut
I'd like to hear why Exodu5ire and CrimSoph are where they are.

Exodu5 has 3 posts...

Fire's contributions have stood out to me in a good way though, he'd be on my list of people I don't want to lynch today.

Top Bottom