• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Fireblend

Banned
Kark is probably just buying time until something useful pops up because the past 10 pages have been a big ole nothing burger

Justifying the inactivity of someone who isn't your partner and hasn't provided much of value themselves through belittling what's happened in the past 10 pages isn't a great look.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Kark is probably just buying time until something useful pops up because the past 10 pages have been a big ole nothing burger

I hope that is a good summary, because I gave up rereading al the things from yesterday, my brain's a mess.
Gonna focus on what's up currently instead:

tbh I'd rather just let the inactives get kicked/replaced

for me, boats like TWE/Orb that coast over the post minimum without pushing anything overly daring are more concerning

Inactivity was in one of my past games definitelly gamebreaking. Was just dumb to have 3 inactive townies and get lynched quite freely by scum in the last hours...
As I stated before my D1 method would be voting against those, who have not contributed as a team.

My reason for that is: Even if it was a townie, if it was to be expected they would not increase their activity, it's less of a loss than let's say Sophia, Crimson, Sorian, who basically guid the game... Which could turn out to be devastating or a blessing. :p
Also because I am at a loss with reads right now. I can fill my list, but I just don't know any of you so I can't tell if behaviour is "usual" or not.
If you talk about past games I would just have to accept that as fact.

The usual problem with my method are the partners. Without TsuXna, Royal_Flush seems to poke against everyone who seems suspicious, wants to know more, etc. which is a good effort. Same goes with Fireblend or Darryl.

BUT I can't remember having heard anything from Xbro or Kark both. Except I have missed anything valuable from the last 5 to 10 pages?

Not sure how fast replacement could happen, because we still haven't heard anything about TsuXna at all. Would replacement happen only after D1?
Another question now that I look at the list:
@Fireblend, is Exodu5 active in your chat? I have noted a whooping 3 posts from him. (Sorry if that has already been asked)

is there something in particular that made you like fire's posts because they've completely washed on me

He's been fairly active, at least after the first day, making generally decent posts. His read list actually has effort put into it beyond vague one liners. As with a lot of day 1, a part of it is just gut feeling, but I've felt fairly positive about his more recent contributions.

Darryl

Banned
Justifying the inactivity of someone who isn't your partner and hasn't provided much of value themselves through belittling what's happened in the past 10 pages isn't a great look.

does his absence really need justifying or a refrain from justification? he can just come into the thread with a post and an apology and no one will care that he was ever gone

Ourobolus

Banned
He caused all the confusion with his side eye comment and what not

His aggressive play and dodging questions are most certainly a scum tell

I didn't cause confusion. People not being able to read/understand are what caused the confusion. It was pretty cut and dry.

Like I said, if I flip town or scum, what do those scenarios tell you

Sophia

He's been fairly active, at least after the first day, making generally decent posts. His read list actually has effort put into it beyond vague one liners. As with a lot of day 1, a part of it is just gut feeling, but I've felt fairly positive about his more recent contributions.

Yeah, following up on this, as I just did a read over of Fireblend's posts, but his contributions in the later half of the day phase have been pretty decent. I'm with my partner on this, unless someone finds a compelling reason to want to lynch him.

Fireblend

Banned
does his absence really need justifying or a refrain from justification? he can just come into the thread with a post and an apology and no one will care that he was ever gone

I feel like you should refrain from using your precognitive abilities during a mafia game, makes it kinda unfair.

franconp

I hope that is a good summary, because I gave up rereading al the things from yesterday, my brain's a mess.
Gonna focus on what's up currently instead:

Inactivity was in one of my past games definitelly gamebreaking. Was just dumb to have 3 inactive townies and get lynched quite freely by scum in the last hours...
As I stated before my D1 method would be voting against those, who have not contributed as a team.

My reason for that is: Even if it was a townie, if it was to be expected they would not increase their activity, it's less of a loss than let's say Sophia, Crimson, Sorian, who basically guid the game... Which could turn out to be devastating or a blessing. :p
Also because I am at a loss with reads right now. I can fill my list, but I just don't know any of you so I can't tell if behaviour is "usual" or not.
If you talk about past games I would just have to accept that as fact.

The usual problem with my method are the partners. Without TsuXna, Royal_Flush seems to poke against everyone who seems suspicious, wants to know more, etc. which is a good effort. Same goes with Fireblend or Darryl.

BUT I can't remember having heard anything from Xbro or Kark both. Except I have missed anything valuable from the last 5 to 10 pages?

Not sure how fast replacement could happen, because we still haven't heard anything about TsuXna at all. Would replacement happen only after D1?
Another question now that I look at the list:
@Fireblend, is Exodu5 active in your chat? I have noted a whooping 3 posts from him. (Sorry if that has already been asked)

People who doesn't reach the 10 posts requirement will be proded and eventually replaced during N1.

The 10 post rule is active during all of the game (or most depending of the mod) so people can be replaced in the future.

That's why is a waste to vote inactives. Inactivity is not a sign of scum and they can be replaced for a useful player.

The only thing that voting for an inactive do is give scum a chance to jump on a easy lynch.

Natiko

Banned
I would say Orb and TWE. Also StarSketch and SexyFish. But when I made that post I thought that Kark had less than 4 posts so I can see your point better.

Also Xbro statement brings new light to the Kark situation.
The other two pairs you've mentioned I wouldn't expect to have contributed much either way (no offense to them). That's where the diffence lies in my opinion.
What do you think of your lovers thoughts on the situation then?
I believe he has spoken on what he prefers. Onward ho, lover

VOTE: Ourobolus
I didn't cause confusion. People not being able to read/understand are what caused the confusion. It was pretty cut and dry.

Like I said, if I flip town or scum, what do those scenarios tell you
Can you name for me any scenario in which a lynch today tells us something grander about the overall game state? Who's lynch right now would gain us extra info besides the role flip?

This makes no sense.

1) You are putting words and reasons for actions into someone else's mouth. Maybe there's something bigger here who knows.

2) Anything would be helpful right now. Strikes me that Kark hasn't come in and said something yet you have for him essentially.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can you name for me any scenario in which a lynch today tells us something grander about the overall game state? Who's lynch right now would gain us extra info besides the role flip?

I think FistSophia would be a decent lynch considering the prodding they've done throughout the day.
FatSorian would be ok since Scum Sorian is much more effective at being a problem for town than Town Sorian is at being a boon.
Muffin/Samurai would also be similar to SophiaFist in that they've kinda been all over the place, though not really all that meaningful, and we can analyze their interactions.
Kark/Xbro I just kinda wanna because it's odd that Kark is so damn quiet (and apparently speaking in private) and they are pretty ineffective in general.

I get everyone's reasons for wanting to vote for me, and I don't blame 'em. Still not going to tell you much though on top of being a mislynch.

Feel like Ouro is a coin toss tbh. His behaviour has been unhelpful, but I could see it just being an idgaf about day 1 attitude.

I'm not going to oppose a lynch there though, and Kitty I don't really have any towny thoughts about, and would swing the needle further to scum.

Darryl

Banned
This makes no sense.

1) You are putting words and reasons for actions into someone else's mouth. Maybe there's something bigger here who knows.

2) Anything would be helpful right now. Strikes me that Kark hasn't come in and said something yet you have for him essentially.

yea or maybe i'm just drawing sympathies because i came in here and acted exactly the same way he did with just taking notes and leaving and my commentary on kark is me expressing myself externally through another player which sophia pointed out immediately and for some reason you two head-cut-off chickens feel like being vapidly context-less and obnoxious over. some really by-the-numbers plays you guys are pulling around here

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
People who doesn't reach the 10 posts requirement will be proded and eventually replaced during N1.

The 10 post rule is active during all of the game (or most depending of the mod) so people can be replaced in the future.

That's why is a waste to vote inactives. Inactivity is not a sign of scum and they can be replaced for a useful player.

The only thing that voting for an inactive do is give scum a chance to jump on a easy lynch.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. Thank you for explaining.

I'm comfortable keeping my vote on Ouro for now. I don't see a good alternative. His way of playing is unhelpful at best. WAMD and Verelios are pretty much off the table for me, my impression of them got only better after the kitsune thing. Lynching inactives makes no sense, as fran said. So people who posted enough but generally kept under the radar and were ineffective instead. I'd consider Edge and Orb in that category.

Fireblend

Banned
I think FistSophia would be a decent lynch considering the prodding they've done throughout the day.
FatSorian would be ok since Scum Sorian is much more effective at being a problem for town than Town Sorian is at being a boon.
Muffin/Samurai would also be similar to SophiaFist in that they've kinda been all over the place, though not really all that meaningful, and we can analyze their interactions.
Kark/Xbro I just kinda wanna because it's odd that Kark is so damn quiet (and apparently speaking in private) and they are pretty ineffective in general.

I get everyone's reasons for wanting to vote for me, and I don't blame 'em. Still not going to tell you much though on top of being a mislynch.

I don't see much of a difference between lynching you and kk and lynching Sophia and Crimson, tbh. You've made plenty of reads and have had reads done on you and that would probably tell us things. I'm against both lynches atm, for the record.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'd argue that I'm not necessarily helpful on D1 because there's not a hell of a lot to go off of. On D2 and later I've got patterns and interactions to look at and try to figure things out. People posting reads now are doing the exact same thing I am doing, going off of gut and the flimsiest information they have. No one knows -anything- right now, except for scum.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Feel like Ouro is a coin toss tbh. His behaviour has been unhelpful, but I could see it just being an idgaf about day 1 attitude.

I can remember you having said sth. about this being his usual behaviour in these games? Maybe it was someone else, but if not, can you tell me if he changed after D1, got more helpful or maybe even change his whole... "method"? ^^

I kinda try to foresee how the game will change D2.. If it's the inactives suddenly showing up and being valuable or the whole randomness getting some structure.

Ourobolus

Banned
Do you disagree? If they're gonna get replaced anyway, why waste a lynch?

As I said, people who are above the needed postcount but didn't provide any of substance are a fair target.

I just find you to be more unhelpful right now :p

Because being inactive isn't indicative of alignment. But, for instance, we have Kark who apparently is active in private chat but not in the main thread.

I didn't intentionally confuse anyone. My first vote was clearly in jest, and while you guys can disagree with my read of Fireblend at the time, I ultimately pointed out why I read him as "lean town."

Just because you guys can't read doesn't mean I'm trying to confuse you.

Because being inactive isn't indicative of alignment. But, for instance, we have Kark who apparently is active in private chat but not in the main thread.

Well, he would fall into that same category I noted Edge and Orb under.

That he's intentionally inactive seems weird, yes. And I would think he'd have some role reason for that or anything, but why would his partner tell us that so openly? Do we risk to vote for a possible PW?

Fireblend

Banned
I'd argue that I'm not necessarily helpful on D1 because there's not a hell of a lot to go off of. On D2 and later I've got patterns and interactions to look at and try to figure things out. People posting reads now are doing the exact same thing I am doing, going off of gut and the flimsiest information they have. No one knows -anything- right now, except for scum.
I mean, sure, but that applies to everyone. I would also argue that I'm way more useful on later days when I have more information to my disposal. If we mislynch today maybe whoever got lynched would have gone on to win the game if they hadn't been. No use in following that train of thought.

I didn't intentionally confuse anyone. My first vote was clearly in jest, and while you guys can disagree with my read of Fireblend at the time, I ultimately pointed out why I read him as "lean town."

Just because you guys can't read doesn't mean I'm trying to confuse you.
It's different to vote for someone who is clearly not here which is what Muffin is arguing against, and voting for someone whose partner just confessed has been active on their own chat and for some reason has neglected to post on this one. It's pretty damning, actually.

Ourobolus

Banned
I mean, sure, but that applies to everyone. I would also argue that I'm way more useful on later days when I have more information to my disposal. If we mislynch today maybe whoever got lynched would have gone on to win the game if they hadn't been. No use in following that train of thought.

It's different to vote for someone who is clearly not here which is what Muffin is arguing against, and voting for someone whose partner just confessed has been active on their own chat and for some reason has neglected to post on this one. It's pretty damning, actually.

My point is at least I'm stimulating discussion. The inactives we are just sitting here wondering what they are doing and not getting anywhere with them. And eventually we have to worry about replacements and then we have to figure out all new reads on them, which is a pain.

I can remember you having said sth. about this being his usual behaviour in these games? Maybe it was someone else, but if not, can you tell me if he changed after D1, got more helpful or maybe even change his whole... "method"? ^^

I kinda try to foresee how the game will change D2.. If it's the inactives suddenly showing up and being valuable or the whole randomness getting some structure.

I don't think I have commented on Ouro's typical behaviour. I'd have to look at older games to see if he's played with an idgaf attitude on day 1 as town before, but I can at least see him doing so.

Day 2, eh, depends on the game.

What do the people who don't have posted about it yet about the Kark thing? Is it something a PR would do, or scum would? Did his partner slip up there and shouldn't have told us or was this completely intentional, and if yes, what are they trying to accomplish?

Top Bottom