• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Natiko

Banned
A lot of the pressure for the Sophia/Crim lynch on my part comes from it being lylo. I've been arguing they were my top scum for days now, but now we're against the wall so I don't want to back down and have us end up losing because I didn't follow through. Obviously nothing is 100% in mafia, hell a cop check could be redirected for instance. When I say 100% I don't mean that I know unrefutably that Sophia/Crim are scum. I just mean that I'm fully behind lynching them and truly believe they will flip scum. Where as with the other scum boat I suspect it's one of you two, and while I am leaning more towards one that hasn't completely eliminated the idea that the other may in fact be the scum.

Sawneeks

Banned
I was wrong about Ty and Trigger. I might be stubborn but I do try to learn from my mistakes. Further, it's you and Sorian who try to make the argument that they are similar in terms of vote placement, etc. I would argue that the two boats come off somewhat different... or rather, there are some key differences and that makes the case harder for me.

I understand learning from your mistakes but you can at least see where I'm coming from here, right? You push up both as Scum Leans, vote Ty/Trigger and then lament the fact that some of your other scum leans joined you in that vote, don't move off it, then back away from Crimson/Sophia afterwards.

Here I legit can't tell if I busted you trying to spin a narrative or if we're just arguing over semantics, but no, I wouldn't call it a defense. I'd call it an argument. I'd call it analysis. Defense generally implies an agenda. I don't feel like that had an agenda.

YouGotMe.gif

I mean we can argue the semantics of it if you want too but I saw it as a defense.

Of everyone on the board today, I feel like I'm the only one who's all "I dunno" re: Sophist being scum. But uh there was a typo there - I'm pushing that they might not be more than I ever pushed that they might be. That ending "aren't" should have been are.

Okay, that's what I thought. I saw the extra 'aren't' and got really confused lol.

What do you think of Natiko's certainty? I like the way he's arguing but I find the certainty off-putting especially because it just starts to feel like something he's pushing because, not that it's necessarily the most well constructed case. I know you seem to agree with him, enough to block them, but it's the certainty I'm asking about more than the team.

Hmmm, I can't really argue this point without referencing Natiko/Nomad. Certainty in itself isn't scummy - you can be '''100%''' certain in a read only to have it blow up in your face ( coughOurocough ) and that doesn't necessarily make you Scum. At this stage in the game I am a little worried over how certain Natiko seems to be but, at this point, given the whole game so far and everything Natiko has done I just don't feel like he is pulling some sort of grand narrative here. I'm taking both my normal read of him and the way he argues when dealing with his '100% certainty' target to come to the conclusion if he's being honest or not with his thoughts. So far I haven't seen anything from him and his arguments that double back on his own logic or don't make sense, something I would expect Scum to do when arguing so hard and for so long like this. And I mean, I'm not only just taking his word against Crimson/Sophia here, I'm looking up things myself and coming to my own conclusions about them as well. So I do think he really believes he has found scum here and, while I do agree with him in his conclusion, I just don't share the same fervor that he does.

Could he be faking this entire thing? Yes, and if he is I'm incredibly impressed as it's coming across as very honest and genuine and to manufacture that sort of thing would be incredible.

Flush and I have given up in our boat and are having a delightful chat about our research and our interests in games and game design. The game might be fucked but I have the best boyfriend.

Can you tell your sweetums to please answer my question from earlier? I feel like he's ignoring me. :<

Sawneeks

Banned
I understand learning from your mistakes but you can at least see where I'm coming from here, right? You push up both as Scum Leans, vote Ty/Trigger and then lament the fact that some of your other scum leans joined you in that vote, don't move off it, then back away from Crimson/Sophia afterwards. *

bluh, knew i forgot something...

*I also understand you see the vote from Crimson/Sophia and the timing of it differently but that's one of the things I just have trouble seeing as being Townie. Many people commented on the Kits/FEP lynch being easy and having Scum vote early and then not move off of it sounds like the perfect recipe for an easy Scum Lynch and it's the one that makes sense to me right now.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not really sure what else I can say at this stage. I did chuckle at the jab that I'm being too reasonable. And I find myself in a tough spot over Sophia's outburst from earlier because it reads like genuine frustration but that's not really alignment indicitive. Even knowing you are being bussed can feel frustrating if others are pointing out things that you don't think are scummy about yourself.

Natiko

Banned
Yeah I dunno what else to say about the outburst. Sucks, regardless of how this all shakes out both her and I will probably walk away unhappy between the earlier altercation and this one.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sitting here in the dead of night and I just want to do what I did in DR and throw down a thunderdome vote but it's not the same weight in a pair game and Saw appears to be afk.

I understand learning from your mistakes but you can at least see where I'm coming from here, right? You push up both as Scum Leans, vote Ty/Trigger and then lament the fact that some of your other scum leans joined you in that vote, don't move off it, then back away from Crimson/Sophia afterwards.
*nerd voice* wellllll actually */nerd voice* the person I lamented joining me first was Sorian.

Even so, yes, sure, you can say I've backed off some from plenty of people but that's because, as I said, there's at least one big doubt on each pair for me.

I'm not really sure what else I can say at this stage. I did chuckle at the jab that I'm being too reasonable. And I find myself in a tough spot over Sophia's outburst from earlier because it reads like genuine frustration but that's not really alignment indicitive. Even knowing you are being bussed can feel frustrating if others are pointing out things that you don't think are scummy about yourself.
so reasonable

This is true, though. feelsbadman.

Handed in the thesis. Doesn't feel as awesome as expected tbh. Well, anyway:

So I WAS gonna ask, why the game isn't immediately turboed and over right now, if Town had been voted.
The problem with this is that there can be a three reasons:
a) The voter is Scum
b) The voted is Scum
c) The Scum team just isn't reliably around for a turbo

I'd say it's almost NAI. But since the vote didn't count, it's an academic discussion anyway.

Can you tell your sweetums to please answer my question from earlier? I feel like he's ignoring me. :<
For religious reasons I do not interact with women other than my girlfriend #pence2020
I feel like puking right now after writing that

Anyway, what question are you talking about exactly? I can't really find any directed specifically at me.

Natiko

Banned
I believe the question was if you could pick one group to lynch at your whim who would it be? I asked it to Saw who then said she wanted you, Kark, and Xbro to respond too if I recall.

I believe the question was if you could pick one group to lynch at your whim who would it be? I asked it to Saw who then said she wanted you, Kark, and Xbro to respond too if I recall.
Either XKark or Crimsonphia. tbh, I have a hard time believing your recent conversations with and about Nomadic are staged and this whole Sorian setup is odd as hell. Like, if they were Scum it would take a lot of hybris to willingly manouver themselves into this endgame.

Fucking hell, I still don't know how damning this stupid slip on D2 regarding the silence was. Would Kark even intervene so strongly that they are silenced "day AND night" if hey were Town with no additional info about the silence? Yup, I think XKark has a slight edge over Crimsonphia in regards on who I want lynched rn. But really only a tiny bit.

We just broke up. &#128555;
It was a very tasteless joke. :( I won't do it again, honey!
tenor.gif

Sorian

Banned
For as much as I'm reading Kark as scum, I don't see that day and night comment as much. Scum Kark covering for his teammate is just as likely as town Kark telling his teammate to look again and see the full duration.

So I guess what it's going to come down to today is xKark or Sophist, if I'm reading the boats correctly. Which also means evaluating the silence, the votes, the activity overall.

We've discussed whether or not we think Sophist was silenced, and they said not. Have we talked about a potential Sawrian silence if our scum team is XKark + Sawrian? I'm gonna go look.

So I guess what it's going to come down to today is xKark or Sophist, if I'm reading the boats correctly. Which also means evaluating the silence, the votes, the activity overall.

We've discussed whether or not we think Sophist was silenced, and they said not. Have we talked about a potential Sawrian silence if our scum team is XKark + Sawrian? I'm gonna go look.

Please come back to us with your results

Please come back to us with your results

Well, it's not like I'm going to keep it to myself. I didn't really find anything to conclude one way or another if silence hit anyone else. Here's what I did find:

Natiko has been on Sophist back and forth for a long time, longer than I realized. Take that for what you will.

Sorian started soft claiming as soon as possibilities of roleblock and/or hooker were mentioned, or maybe before. Either way, he seeded that well.

Crimson was one of the few to state anything with surety about the silencing, which may indicate scum, since he would know it was not a scum power. Looking back at his votes, too, I think I'm finally willing to get on board that vote. I'm not as certain as I'd like to be, but re-reading days two and three, I can lean that way. And cross my fingers. And pray or something.

Natiko

Banned
I think my opinion is, uh, well documented. I'm fine with pushing forward with the vote unless others want to present an argument on why we should lynch elsewhere before the votes start landing.

Oh, wow, that is such a relief. I don't know why I had it in my head it was today. Never mind, that gives me time to go back and reread some of the other day phases.

You know, everyone talked about post exam brains, that you were stupid for at least a month afterward, but I thought it was not true. Apparently I was wrong.

ugh pressure thanks science doggo

Since we aren't killing anyone today, let's keep hoping scum just repents and let's tell Flush CONGRATS on finishing that thesis! It never feels as enormous as it should. But it's still enormous.

Sorian

Banned
So what are we waiting for at this point? Scum is just going to stay clammed up if that's been their prerogative all game and they'll keep looking busy if that's been more their style. I feel like we've heard all the arguments, gotten reads, etc.

Natiko

Banned
Let's go ahead and do this dance then. If nomad shows up and joins my vote (correctly) then you could also wait a bit and see if I lose us the game so you can all blame me.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

Sorian

Banned
Since I'll likely be the counterwagon, I'm also doing

VOTE: CrimsonFist

Could get all fancy with a Kark vote but I'm not dividing this into 3.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also

Vote: CrimsonFist

Since I've already gone over everything I wanted to and I feel like this is our best shot today. Fingers crossed this all works out...

Okay so whatever else happens, I just wanna say I'm really glad I randomly ended up with Flush because MIKE PENCE JOKE ASIDE, our boat is keeping me distracted from the possibility we might be about to lose all our asses while the spec thread laughs.

Sophia

Okay so whatever else happens, I just wanna say I'm really glad I randomly ended up with Flush because MIKE PENCE JOKE ASIDE, our boat is keeping me distracted from the possibility we might be about to lose all our asses while the spec thread laughs.

If you're concerned about the possibility that you're going to lose, then why are you going ahead with the vote in question?

bullshit4lse7.jpg

I am concerned with the possibility that we are going to lose with any potential vote, because it is endgame and there is an element of uncertainty in play.

Top Bottom