• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Karkador

Banned
Blargokawl’s role contradicts the Role Cop because alignment != role. One thing that I did not pick up through reading some of the past Gafia treads was knowledge about game balance and so I have to ask a noob question here to understand more: is is plausible for town to have all three of the implied roles, a Role Cop, a Alignment Cop and a Tracker? It seems rather much to me but I am not sure if I am judging it correctly. Could someone enlighten me please?

It's plausible, but there would have to be more confusing elements involved to balance the informational roles; like millers or switchers or something.

However, with only 15 actual roles in the game, there are probably only like 5 or 6 power roles in the game.

Burbeting

Banned
I'd like to remind about the voting rules that are now in place, aka. Rest's vote is not counted :(.

rest & karu (0)
fluxwavez 257 (432)

launchpadmw & gorlak (0)
cabot 264 (372)

*splinter & cabot (1)
kingkitty 267 (386)
gorlak 401

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
coppanuva 279 (484)
*splinter 295 (297)
*splinter 301 (387)
camjo-z 319
*splinter 444 (451)

blargonaut & kawl_USC (1)
flame_ac 353

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
hyperactivity 373

el topo & miracle (1)
cabot 388

coppanuva & flame_ac (2)
batsnacks 393
*splinter 451

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez 432

never forever & czartim (1)
coppanuva 487

16 Votes Needed for Majority

Gorlak

Banned
I love GAF. Read the heroic act of saving a young damsel in distress. He knows the true meaning and value of love. Despite his motivations being partially wrong, he did the right thing. Do not toy with emotions. People are fragile, nobody likes to be hurt.

Why do people hurt others? Why do they claim things they are probably not? Why do they not even talk with each other?
Timeaisis' reaction was predictable. Flux uses his partner's absence to push his gambit. Miller and Role cop aren't compatible. We have a very small game of 15 roles. Two different versions of cops in this game are HIGHLY unlikely. Boils down to who is more believable the lone Flux risking a powerful PR without his partner's consent or the crazy claimed miller duo?
Whatever your plan is Flux, I dislike it very much. Toying with town's feelings and creating confusion is not helpful. That being said I doubt you're scum. Scum can always surprise me, but a bold gambit which could easily backfire to an immediate lynch in the first minute? Nah. You've spiced up Day 1 for sure. Hopefully you found the reactions you were looking for and will end this charade before the day is over.
Blarg and Kawl could've used the opportunity to slip in a "tamer" claim and be safe for today. I'm interested in how they will go forward from now on. Kawl is usually a much more logical person and if he doesn't contribute accordingly, I'll be on his case. On the other hand they have to deliver sth. tomorrow and if they are caught in a lie... well, a 1-1 scum-pr deal would be okay for me.
Kark is gunning for Flux, because somebody has to question this dubious course of actions. But this could be very well scum wanting to appear useful. Will be watched.
Furthermore I don't see Coppa and Flame as a very noticeable team. They voted for different people... so? It's still early, but I'm not lynching them based on this fact alone?!

This brings us to the question to who would I vote today! We have two teams in the race for the first place right now. #1Splintbot:
I dislike how Splinter and cabot present themselves. They are acting weird and try to dominate this thread from the very beginning. Call it a gut feeling, nothing I can build a case on just yet, but definitely the ones I'm watching most carefully. They stray many posts in different directions, include fluffy and insignificant posts, while working the crowd to follow their lead. I'll let my vote stick for now. The second most suspicious team for me is my beloved cat-lover team. Even though I cherish everytime I see their adorable avatars. There was this weird conversation between them, completely unnecessary in this thread. Hyper is non-existent apart from this.
A lot of people are extremely quiet, which is natural. Keep in mind we have 30 persons here and no one can possibly keep an eye on everyone and many will just look to somehow survive Day 1. I may have a blindspot for Sophia as she is the only one who seems to share the need and feel for true love. Hopefully I won't overlook important details in her sweet, sweet posting style.

Traversing the tunnel of love we all should remind ourselves of our strengths! Rely on your instincts and don't be afraid to ask question you deem necessary. We should look for the truth and spread ~love~

cabot

Well there's a lot to get through.

Flux/Time:

I see Kark's point of Flux leaving his story on this plan and how Time reacted as 'fluid', and not particularly convincing.

I am however also with Tim and the others, in that I am really struggling to see this as a scum play.

The logical thing says they're a cub pair, but would you really waste that on night one? We had a cub in Woof 1, and while he was lynched at the end of the day, it wasn't in the plan at all, whats 2 kills gonna be at this point in time? it's not important yet. They're could also be a 3P killer, seems just idiotic to waste a cub when scum would know little of whats going on at night.

I am reasonably sure that Timeflux could be a veteran or somesuch, since we all know Bear loves his Salem. The problem is Flux made it far too obvious with posts earlier in the game that he was looking for a night kill rather than a heal. It's very unlikely scum will attack the pair tonight.

Bear in mind that scum have their own chat, with all of them in it, they do not have their own lover chat (Bear please confirm, I'm sure this was brought up), so that's another thing to be aware of. For that reason I don't think Flame and Coppa and Timeflux are in cahoots in one scum team, their reactions do not seem manufactured.

Suspicions of Coppa have been brought up and I agree with most of them, though I'd like to specifically quote a post that really made me suspicious:

KingKitty in Mafia

Blarg/Kawl just... what. What is it with this game and people claiming this soon? Ugh... I'm going to have to think through this.

CB did this in Election (scum), Flush did this in heist (scum). I hate this ploy 'Oh this is difficult ugh...halp'

No floppa, we won't help! we need what you think. The posts since he's only really defended himself and has not brought up his feelings on the Blawl claim. I don't like this at all.

RIGHT

ACT II: BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLL CLAIM

I am leaning towards believing this claim than not. Look we all know I was a Miller in my past life (I hate Tim for what he had done to me), but unlike Bear and BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWL, I was a mere ordinary townie with a miller result. Basic behaviour in mafia recommends claiming Miller either as soon as the game starts or sometime in D1, anything after is considered foolish and probably will lead to lynch. Yes, we know. The miller will have to die before the end, but the miller has claimed a tracker ability, so killing them d1 and losing that seems pretty dumb.

I'm aware of a few things:
1) Miller claims have worked on GAFIA, Bear and I survived for a while after claiming. It wouldn't be a bad idea for scum to claim miller this early.
2) Scum trackers are a role I've seen.

Rest and Flame stand out on this issue, because they immediately went to the 'HES A MILLER, KILL EM' reasoning, which is absolute weak sauce, and plain stupid when another power has been claimed alongside it. They should at least survive D1. My sexy ass sweet thang Splints already pointed out how going after a miller is a great idea for scum.

ACT III: THE LEFTOVERS

batsnacks: delivering on the gifs, like I hoped he would. Game wise, he seems to be relatively normal, offering up some thoughts and explanations of some stuff.

Tim: only posted a few times, can't judge too much but I was agreeing with the points he brought up

El Topo: If you give me the 'D1 is a wash' excuse this time buddy, I will probably slap you right here to right over there. I may also leave my vote on you, you need to offer thoughts on what has transpired today. Also, try OneNote.

Karu: Karu strolled in and didn't seem to register what had happened. I then nudged him a little to read up and he offered a post offering.....about two sentences of thoughts. Seems very abstract and along with Rest's behaviour, I'm not particularly feeling good about this pair.

Hyperkitty: I null read both, nothing memorable from either.

Camjo-Z: I like this new guy, so far so good. TL is being TL. I can't wait to have my first apology for not being around. It's a wonderful thing.

NF: Happy Birthday! Sorry we ruined it :( Please post soon.

Sophia: I quite like Sophia so far, she's been engaged and offered thoughts on all the madness. I do remember both Ty and Time have stated their gonna be out this weekend mostly. Can anyone confirm that?

Time: As above, said he wouldnt be very active but boy did Flux throw him in it regardless. His differing attitude to his response to Flux's plan is weird. I'm more willing to put that on Flux getting a bit flustered.

Gorlak: I don't feel he's said much of anything, apart from I think sort of suggesting a scum veteran as a thing? He said loveless veteran. He put those two together, I don't know. I'm really weary, which brings us to

LaunchpadMcQUACKQUACK: He refrained from really offering up anything about Timeflux, waiting for Time's input. He noted that a role cop and miller don't gel well in a single game, which is valid but that's all he's said on the matter. He's also said nothing on BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWLLLL. He's on my prod list along with El Topo.

Magnum: Been quiet, I read a post by him that seemed a bit 'Rabbit in the headlights', I'm appreciating batsnacks' input currently, but I want more of you, brother of Terra.

Kark: Liking what I see, the man knows unnecessary gambits and has subsequently called Flux strongly on it, which I expected and it's pro-town to do, he sort of compensates for zipped who hasn't done much. I'm watching you zipped, as ever.

UltraBooBoo + Kyanretroid: These two pairs have been the least memorable to me (sorry guys!), I will say Kyanrute would be the most positive out of the four, he's made some points I agree with.

TL;DR - It's not too long, fucking read it you chump.

*Splinter

Oh you're still on me? That's... interesting

When you first voted I assumed it was a joke, now you're finding (reaching for) separate reasons to justify that vote? That's looking a little more insidious, especially when you've come to such weak reasons. "Going in all directions"(?), "fluff posts" (won't apologise for these), "trying to lead the crowd" (examples please?)

I'd like to hear more from Launch, I'll have to review his posts before asking for anything specific.

cabot

I love GAF. Read the heroic act of saving a young damsel in distress. He knows the true meaning and value of love. Despite his motivations being partially wrong, he did the right thing. Do not toy with emotions. People are fragile, nobody likes to be hurt.

Why do people hurt others? Why do they claim things they are probably not? Why do they not even talk with each other?
Timeaisis' reaction was predictable. Flux uses his partner's absence to push his gambit. Miller and Role cop aren't compatible. We have a very small game of 15 roles. Two different versions of cops in this game are HIGHLY unlikely. Boils down to who is more believable the lone Flux risking a powerful PR without his partner's consent or the crazy claimed miller duo?
Whatever your plan is Flux, I dislike it very much. Toying with town's feelings and creating confusion is not helpful. That being said I doubt you're scum. Scum can always surprise me, but a bold gambit which could easily backfire to an immediate lynch in the first minute? Nah. You've spiced up Day 1 for sure. Hopefully you found the reactions you were looking for and will end this charade before the day is over.
Blarg and Kawl could've used the opportunity to slip in a "tamer" claim and be safe for today. I'm interested in how they will go forward from now on. Kawl is usually a much more logical person and if he doesn't contribute accordingly, I'll be on his case. On the other hand they have to deliver sth. tomorrow and if they are caught in a lie... well, a 1-1 scum-pr deal would be okay for me.
Kark is gunning for Flux, because somebody has to question this dubious course of actions. But this could be very well scum wanting to appear useful. Will be watched.
Furthermore I don't see Coppa and Flame as a very noticeable team. They voted for different people... so? It's still early, but I'm not lynching them based on this fact alone?!

This brings us to the question to who would I vote today! We have two teams in the race for the first place right now. #1Splintbot:
I dislike how Splinter and cabot present themselves. They are acting weird and try to dominate this thread from the very beginning. Call it a gut feeling, nothing I can build a case on just yet, but definitely the ones I'm watching most carefully. They stray many posts in different directions, include fluffy and insignificant posts, while working the crowd to follow their lead. I'll let my vote stick for now. The second most suspicious team for me is my beloved cat-lover team. Even though I cherish everytime I see their adorable avatars. There was this weird conversation between them, completely unnecessary in this thread. Hyper is non-existent apart from this.
A lot of people are extremely quiet, which is natural. Keep in mind we have 30 persons here and no one can possibly keep an eye on everyone and many will just look to somehow survive Day 1. I may have a blindspot for Sophia as she is the only one who seems to share the need and feel for true love. Hopefully I won't overlook important details in her sweet, sweet posting style.

Traversing the tunnel of love we all should remind ourselves of our strengths! Rely on your instincts and don't be afraid to ask question you deem necessary. We should look for the truth and spread ~love~

You've played with both of us before, Gorlak. This is normal stuff for both of us. Reaching.

I'll also remind everyone that Blarg ended the BLAAAAWWWWLLL introduction routine with the Miller claim, it seems like that was manufactured and all part of the plan. The timing was what bit them, nobody expects a 6 minute non-Miller role claim.

cabot

Ooooh baby I love it when you post like that

giphy.gif

Karu

Karu: Karu strolled in and didn't seem to register what had happened. I then nudged him a little to read up and he offered a post offering.....about two sentences of thoughts. Seems very abstract and along with Rest's behaviour, I'm not particularly feeling good about this pair.
Just wanted to clarify, that I was aware of things going on (the "thanks"-bit was me not being serious), but I like to show my presence before delving in. My first reaction followed.

Kingkitty: Seems fine so far.
Hyperactivity: Hasn't posted much of substance OR any opinion, really. Want to hear more.

Karkador: I honestly like his roasting of flux for the seemingly senseless claim, but because my gut says Flux isn't necessarily Scum, I'm still wary.
Zippedpinhead: Hasn't posted other than reaction to claim. Will wait for further remarks.

Timeaisis: "lol"-story is believable, but really nothing to go on. Since he said he wasn't there much Day One, it's plausible.
Flux: Don't see the benefit necessarily, but I'm inclined to believe he's not scum.

LaunchPad: Hasn't said much, wanted to wait for Time to arrive. Will have to wait for further remarks.
Gorlak: Don't like the fluff, but that's just personal preference. Seems okay otherwise.

Blargonaut: I'm inclined to believe them, too.
Kawl_USC: Yep. At the very least we should be able to confirm on Day One/Two (?), if they don't deliver, somethings up!

UltraJay: Didn't show up yet.
Boo Boo'n: Didn't show up yet, although he exclaimed SUNDAY!! [...] and so forth before game start. What's up with that?

Coppanuva: Ugggggh... want to see his behaviour over the next few days. He's basically trapped in his playstyle, though, which is a plus. Since he analyzed his own playstyle on VI, I'll say this: it's unlikely he would do the same mistake twice, if scum.
Flame_AC: Seems a bit sketchy, very open to discussion but in a flippant-kinda way. Don't know him yet, though, so might want to wait on that one.

*Splinter: Interesting...
Cabot: Mhhhmm...
(Both seem active, less helpful than I expected, but still some good points in there. Watchlist!)

Rest may or may not follow as I see fit...

Fake edit: I miss OuterGAF's search function, uggggghhhh! :-(

Kyanrute

I mean role cop is scum, obviously

It's plausible, but there would have to be more confusing elements involved to balance the informational roles; like millers or switchers or something.

However, with only 15 actual roles in the game, there are probably only like 5 or 6 power roles in the game.

Cheers, both of ya.

If I had to pick a side, I would now that agree that two cops and a tracker is tad too much, unless the roles would be modified somewhat like in Blawl’s claim. Blawl is in my opinion the harder to read out of the two claimed pairs (what a surprise), though to their defense they seem open about their role and unlike in Flux’s case, I think I get the logic behind the claim. Makes for a nice momentary cover though, if meanies.

Then about the power posters, them being *Splibot and Coppaflame. I see some friction there. Both duos dominate the discussion, but to what end? I am not certain. There is a difference between the two, I do think though: *Splibot, while dominating, seem constructive to me, whereas Coppaflame felt more aggressive, more demanding. I myself do not put much into these feels yet, since they are based only on a handful of posts. Time should tell if they are hints of anything.

Kawl_USC

Okay, the fun planned first day stuff is behind us.

I'm finishing my coffee and at work, which means it's time to avoid my obligations and do some scumhunting instead.

There are a few small fires that may require me to actually do my job, but beyond that expect actual thoughts and contributions to follow soon today.

this discussion is so circular

I have nothing to add that I haven't already read

whilst it may appear that moves like these do wonders for prompting discussion about something concrete rather than the typical D1 meandering in and out of the fluff, when you don't have any information and you don't have a clear sense of who everyone is, it all has the same result of being a bit of a mess

my sole contribution:
I would advise people to actively use their vote from now on, rather than being all mouth no trousers. It's easy for scum to hide behind throwing shade without actually committing to anything concrete

because I cba with the current drama, I'm going to do the standard D1 thing of highlighting someone who hasn't shared yet:

VOTE: UltraJay

cabot

my sole contribution:
I would advise people to actively use their vote from now on, rather than being all mouth no trousers. It's easy for scum to hide behind throwing shade without actually committing to anything concrete

giphy.gif

I am all mouth, darling. Splinter can confirm.

cabot

Just wanted to clarify, that I was aware of things going on (the "thanks"-bit was me not being serious), but I like to show my presence before delving in. My first reaction followed.

*Splinter: Interesting...
Cabot: Mhhhmm...
(Both seem active, less helpful than I expected, but still some good points in there. Watchlist!)

I assumed this, but never make assumptions, because it makes an ass out of you and me.

On your read list, was Rest pleasuring you as you typed or something? That's my fetish so hot.

My response: eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

cabot

I've bookmarked Kawl's response post. Trophy for the wall and that.

Just confirmed, UltraBooBoo haven't posted since the game began.

Please post if you are ok.

Warxard

Banned
After the intense Valentine's romancing before, it's fair to say that I am now well rested enough to converse with the rest of the lovers on the boat! Soon Jay will too, hopefully!

Warxard

Banned
Wait

Holy shit two role claims? And one just to try and test the legitimacy of the first one?

I'm as suspicious of Flux's reveal especially if it's supposedly uncoordinated w/ Time, but the tracker reveal so early in the game?, when you could've just laid low and confirm his legitimacy to see what Flux does overnight? Bad show, y'all. (I'm assuming the tracker role works the same as last game.)

VOTE: Blargonaut

Warxard

Banned
Last post I swear y'all

CzarTim's point on this being some big RUSE CRUISE for scum to snipe in the shadows with the commotion going on for two role-claims is something to be considered as well. Next day, at least, KingKitty's team should be taken into consideration.

But I really feel we should ditch those 'trackers.' Ugh, I'm kicking myself at how well this could've went if they DIDNT do such an early reveal like wtf

cabot

This is how a miller works, pal.

You either try to go down the don't ever claim route and hope you dont get investigated (Blarg and Kawl? very good cop target, to know if to trust Blarg or not)

Or you claim early, at game start or D1.

What happens if cop claimed to reveal 'scumread' Blawl? They'd flip, be revealed as town and trackers and the cop would be out in the open.

It's not a stupid move, it's either a pro-town move or a bold and clever scum move.

Kawl_USC

Where the fuck did you guys did a second Blargonaut out from?

One is entertaining, I'm not sure I can handle two.
Hey bub, I'm my own man.

In actuality, this madness was thrust upon me thanks to this coupling mechanic. I promise I'm usually much more subdued.

Wait

Holy shit two role claims? And one just to try and test the legitimacy of the first one?

I'm as suspicious of Flux's reveal especially if it's supposedly uncoordinated w/ Time, but the tracker reveal so early in the game?, when you could've just laid low and confirm his legitimacy to see what Flux does overnight? Bad show, y'all. (I'm assuming the tracker role works the same as last game.)

VOTE: Blargonaut

Again, no. Me and Blarg agreed that we were revealing out the gate before the game started. The only thing that was changed due to Flux's claim was the withholding of our couples name.

El Topo

I've only managed to thoroughly go through the first 50 posts so far, will hopefully catch up with the rest later. That said:Jesus Christ. A role-claim? On the first day?

Good morning everyone!

After rereading the thread, I am going to agree with my partners assessment on Blawl. (I.e. I'll check back with you two tomorrow)

On another note, I find the 6 minute claim from flux really odd, but not insane from a reckless/irresponsible gambit perspective.

Someone posted they might be a wolf pup, I think that might be possible. I think this is some kind of gambit.

Warning: meta gaming incoming
However, I think their might only be 3 current scum teams (with a neutral That is either recruitable or can win with either team). If this was a 15 person game three scum would be reasonable.

All told, I don't trust flux's claim, but I think there is a town aligned reason for it. I don't agree with how he did it either.

cabot

Damn did you purchase a crystal ball today, zipped?

You're going all in early on guessing the neutral. Probably best to leave that till at least day 2 and we have a little more info.

Let's just talk about where in the world is Hyperactivity.

FluxWaveZ

Bear in mind that scum have their own chat, with all of them in it, they do not have their own lover chat (Bear please confirm, I'm sure this was brought up), so that's another thing to be aware of.

I don't remember that being brought up.

cabot

Thanks bear. I already had searched and found the post.

You lose ten points for not confirming when I asked.

Flux loses 25 points for making me go through the effort

kingkitty

don't forget they're also claiming they're millers

millers who have a specific title that flux could potentially verify

But I really feel we should ditch those 'trackers.' Ugh, I'm kicking myself at how well this could've went if they DIDNT do such an early reveal like wtf

this sentence gives me weird vibes, like it's trying too hard to be concerned

b/c Boo is going for the easy lynch + my paper-thin analysis of his sentence

death to ultraboo (for the time being, vote could change, etc)

vote:Boo Boo'n

Frankly, I don't see anything worth poking at, so I'm just observing for now.

On the two roleclaims, my current thoughts are these:

1) Flux is just doing a gambit here. He may or may not actually be a role/name cop, but frankly, this whole shit was unnecessary and misguided. I don't see anything else worth pursuing in that department. He's not reading like scum; he's reading like a guy who's baiting for responses and trying to justify why he would roleclaim so early. Scum would be playing much more reactively. I'd like to lynch him for being an idiot, but I know he's not scum.

2) For right now, I believe the Miller claim. It's much more likely that Flux is lying, as his role contradicts the existence of a Miller. As we've learned in the past, Miller claims should be taken out of the way immediately. So, that said, I think that Blarg team threw that out as fast as they could (after their little opening). I don't find this that suspicious right now.

3) The only thing that has stood out to me so far is that CzarTim actually believed that Flux is telling the truth and not throwing a gambit out. The unnecessary gambit guy doesn't think it's a gambit. Yeah. It's not much to go on, but I'm keeping my eye on him.

Oh yeah, and someone's mentioned this, but a lot of my post and what others are saying are rehashes. But I just want to get my thoughts out before someone starts jumping down my throat for not playing like Launchpad usually plays

FluxWaveZ

VOTE: Flame_AC

Don't much care for keeping a vote on Karkador right now. Gotta be careful my votes aren't omgus votes, even though there's a lot in his grilling of me that seems off in the sort of way that someone pushing an agenda would do, and not Town actually seeking answers.

Looking back multiple times, The team that still unsettles me the most is Coppanuva and Flame_AC. I'm voting for Flame because I think he's given me the most reason to. Immediately aiming for the Miller is odd—going so far as to say he'd want them lynched even if they were verified—and the combination of comments referring to consensus or lynching on D1 seem off.

Coppanuva is less suspect after going back and reading. Most of it was basically targeting me, as one would do, but nothing necessarily unusual in the questioning, I think, outside of:
How against it was he?
I guess I'll be looking to see more of him that doesn't deal with my situation.

The other team I'm looking at, still, is Rest and Karu.

FluxWaveZ

3) The only thing that has stood out to me so far is that CzarTim actually believed that Flux is telling the truth and not throwing a gambit out. The unnecessary gambit guy doesn't think it's a gambit. Yeah. It's not much to go on, but I'm keeping my eye on him.

Our time in Wolf 2 was special. Really special.

*Splinter

don't forget they're also claiming they're millers

millers who have a specific title that flux could potentially
Except this plan is flawed. There's no way in hell we have role AND alignment cops, so the only way this makes sense is if the Miller portion of Blawl's role affects the name that TimeFlux will see, hence this verification will almost certainly fail.

So why are Blawl and TimeFlux not at each other's throats?? There should be no way they believe each other, but as far as I recall they've been pretty much completely passive about it. Not even acknowledging the (seemingly contradictory) other claim unless questioned directly.

But neither claim strikes me as very likely to be scum either.

I can't make sense of this at the moment.

Anyways, gonna act on a thought from yesterday

VOTE: Flame_AC

I don't know how to put it, but reading his posts, he has a very structured, rigid, almost robotic way of talking so far in this game. It sounds very pre-planned

I'm also against lynching Flux and Time today, if only to see where this goes

Finally, has anyone else thought that Time and Flux deliberately decided to seem unsynchronized from their partner?

Sophia

Sophia: I quite like Sophia so far, she's been engaged and offered thoughts on all the madness. I do remember both Ty and Time have stated their gonna be out this weekend mostly. Can anyone confirm that?

I can confirm this. It was among one of the first things my dear Ty4on mentioned to me in our glorious lover chat while were discussing who wore the pants in each relationship couple!

I haven't quite fully caught up yet since waking up, and I have to get to my morning chores and obligations, but I do want to quickly offer my quick opinion.

Flux/Time: As I told Ty4on, I was actually getting a slight town reading from these two. I'm not so sure now. I know Flux pretty well, so I don't want my bias to cloud my judgment here (and it has before), but I could believe it's just a town gambit gone bad. The biggest thing that strikes me as odd is how Flux handled disclosing all of the details. For example, Time claims he said "lol" in the chat, and I find it strange that Flux didn't just explicitly mention this. Giving this a neutral read right now, mostly because of Time.

Blarg/Kawl: First random loose observation is that Blarg seems to have dialed back his insanity a little bit from what I've previously seen of him. I did like the Team Rocket shtick going on tho. As for the Miller/Tracker claim, I'm not of the "Policy lynch the miller" camp right now, as that seems shortsighted. Kawl did mention that "we haven't revealed the name of our pairing", which is interesting. Leaning slightly town on these two.

Coppa/Flame: I no longer have an odd feeling about Coppa's posts right now, his response to me was satisfactory there. I'm keeping an eye on what other people say about Coppa, seeing as they know him better than I do. As for Flame... again, I found the "lynch the millers!" a bit shortsighted, but echoing what I said before I don't feel strongly about it. Leaning Neutral right now.

Everyone else: The 30 players makes this game hard to keep track of compared to an average mafia game. I'll give more people a look over once I get back from my morning obligations. Consider none of these strong feelings as of right now, just loose observations. Off the top of my head: I poked Launch because at the time he had posted a few gifs and hadn't offered too much in the way of observations, but since then he's offered up his opinion. *Splinter has been slightly aggressive with his vote, but he's been helping as far as I can tell, and prodding people. batsnacks has been playing as I expected him to play from previous experiences, nothing strange there. I don't think we've seen anything from his partner MagnumBoy? I'll have to look back later.

Kawl_USC

Except this plan is flawed. There's no way in hell we have role AND alignment cops, so the only way this makes sense is if the Miller portion of Blawl's role affects the name that TimeFlux will see, hence this verification will almost certainly fail.

So why are Blawl and TimeFlux not at each other's throats?? There should be no way they believe each other, but as far as I recall they've been pretty much completely passive about it. Not even acknowledging the (seemingly contradictory) other claim unless questioned directly.

Because I don't make preemptive meta assumptions about what roles can or cannot be in a game based on a preconceived notion of balance. Seems like it would have lead to a "bad time" tm in some other games.

By keeping our role name hidden, we can verify whether Flux is telling the truth or lying. There's no point in attacking them on a meta gaming principle. If fluxTime refuses to check us N1, or doesn't correctly provide the role name D2 then I will attack him.

And since you mentioned it, our couple name actually does provide some reasoning behind the miller ness. I didn't want to mention this in order to not give TimeFlux any hints for guesswork.

Karu

Finally, has anyone else thought that Time and Flux deliberately decided to seem unsynchronized from their partner?
Well, the thought in general came to mind, but where does that lead you other than circles? The "I can't/won't tell"/"lol" back and forth is way more interesting to me, relatively speaking and the one hang up I have right now...

*Splinter

Because I don't make preemptive meta assumptions about what roles can or cannot be in a game based on a preconceived notion of balance. Seems like it would have lead to a "bad time" tm in some other games.

By keeping our role name hidden, we can verify whether Flux is telling the truth or lying. There's no point in attacking them on a meta gaming principle. If fluxTime refuses to check us N1, or doesn't correctly provide the role name D2 then I will attack him.

And since you mentioned it, our couple name actually does provide some reasoning behind the miller ness. I didn't want to mention this in order to not give TimeFlux any hints for guesswork.
Fine

I'm still veering all over the place on Flux, I need to ignore him until tomorrow

Kawl_USC

Fine

I'm still veering all over the place on Flux, I need to ignore him until tomorrow

Good talk.

By tomorrow you mean Tuesday or D2?

But I agree, I think Flux's claim is a knot that cuts itself come the next day phase. I think putting in on the back burner and searching for other suspicious patterns/postings is more worthwhile in this case. (Of course if you think we are both lying and in cahoots, it makes sense to push for the lynch of one of our pairs. In which case, congrats you already have 2 scum pairs from the second dumbest scum team of all time. Sorry wolf2 scum team. #worstscumteam)

Post weekend work fires dealt with at this point, I'll actually do some thread review instead of just commenting on current events.

*Splinter

Good talk.

By tomorrow you mean Tuesday or D2?

But I agree, I think Flux's claim is a knot that cuts itself come the next day phase. I think putting in on the back burner and searching for other suspicious patterns/postings is more worthwhile in this case. (Of course if you think we are both lying and in cahoots, it makes sense to push for the lynch of one of our pairs. In which case, congrats you already have 2 scum pairs from the second dumbest scum team of all time. Sorry wolf2 scum team. #worstscumteam)

Post weekend work fires dealt with at this point, I'll actually do some thread review instead of just commenting on current events.
D2. His result and your response to it. No point injuring the gun on any of you before we get that info.

batsnacks

That's a good plan and I think we should make sure timeflux sees this post so they can comment.

Also just throwing this out there...I don't think it would be that weird to have a Miller and no alignment cop if roles have alignment info in their name e.g. the miller's role is something like "tracker Miller-lovers" or something.

UB4Uecq.gif

*snip*

Blarg/Kawl: First random loose observation is that Blarg seems to have dialed back his insanity a little bit from what I've previously seen of him. I did like the Team Rocket shtick going on tho. As for the Miller/Tracker claim, I'm not of the "Policy lynch the miller" camp right now, as that seems shortsighted. Kawl did mention that "we haven't revealed the name of our pairing", which is interesting. Leaning slightly town on these two.

*snip*

With relationships come sacrifices

Top Bottom