• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

UltraJay

My current theory on the no kill night is because scum went for one of the PR claims, and the doc/blocker/other nullifying role chose the right target.

That was pretty stupid of mafia to do. There was always going to be a chance for either claim to be protected. Even Flux with his "no doctors please" deal.

Launch and El Topo are my top candidates for scum at the moment. Launch thought bat's idea about Hyper's notes was "Interesting" but instead of voting HyperKitty when they were in a tied tug-of-war with me and Boo they voted... NeverTim? Why? Following scum Flux's lead?

El Topo did nothing but whine about posts and Flux. Let's see if he is productive today.

I had poor judgement with NeverTim but kept my vote banking on their claim not being legitimate. Don't know if I should have switched to Hyper or just completely unvoted. I doubt anyone would have followed me for it to make a difference anyways. That was also one of the reasons I stayed. Just bad reasoning on my part. They suddenly looked scummier than Hyper to me.

El Topo

Panda, should we talk about *it*?

OK, so I mean you never mentioned UltraBooBoo before this post, it was all whinging and TimeFlux. Timeflux, timeflux, timeflux. Then all of a sudden you were about to cast a vote on UltraBooBoo?

Care to elaborate with some more detail?

There were two couples in the running (reg. votes), of those UltraJay stuck out to me the most, but while formulating the post NF revealed her role, so I went with her since that seemed like a weird power. Simple as that.

cabot

That was pretty stupid of mafia to do. There was always going to be a chance for either claim to be protected. Even Flux with his "no doctors please" deal.

It would be stupid if it was a doc save, but it could also be an incredibly lucky roleblock. Too early to determine if it was stupid scum or luck from another PR

Hell, it could have been the doc went for a non claim target and got lucky.

Too little information.

cabot

Panda, should we talk about *it*?

There were two couples in the running (reg. votes), of those UltraJay stuck out to me the most, but while formulating the post NF revealed her role, so I went with her since that seemed like a weird power. Simple as that.

UNVOTE

decent enough answer. Satisfied for now.

cabot

VOTE: kingkitty

kittycat you missed all the day 1 end shenanigans, comment on them. There was some good stuff there. Give us your opinion.

Sophia

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes = "Who will guard the guards themselves?"

Most people will probably remember the variation "Who watches the Watchmen?" instead.

I looked into the target, and the target looked back

Friedrich Nietzsche reference?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

I thought it was a Nietzsche reference. He looked into the void and the void looked back. Anyway that's all I could think of.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But it leaves itself open to a lot of interpretation, as does the Nietzsche quote itself. A literal interpretation is that whoever Blarg targeted also targeted him? Hmm..

Kawl_USC

Oh that makes more sense. Cool. And you weren't role blocked/killed. That's neat.

Correct, given that nothing overtly nasty happened to us afaik, we think that not revealing who we tracked is the better play for right now.

No need to claim for another couple who seem to be benevolent in nature.

Ty4on

Sorry lover I didn't know you had a speech prepared
lol
I'm not particularly sure what you read from my post. You thought I was scum who just gave up?
I mentioned it in an earlier post.
As I said that was intended to be done more thoroughly, I also remember a post from "there is also UltraBoo" sometime later to shift attention to them again, no time left.

So Flux didn't even mention the original votes on Boo and started a full power train in another direction. Note: I have a null read on CzarNever and don't want to defend them, just clarify my view on cabot/Splinter.

I didn't want to bring it up now, because its distracting, but cabot called me out on it.
Zaaaaaank you!

My reads are all shit, but certainty is what bothers me mostly so far. There's barely any of the town doubt I expect to see.

cabot

hey it could also be sleeprapistswalkers

Or another investigative role, or a cows lick neutral.

There's such a large window of possibles.

UltraJay

Correct, given that nothing overtly nasty happened to us afaik, we think that not revealing who we tracked is the better play for right now.

No need to claim for another couple who seem to be benevolent in nature.

And there is also the chance they are mafia. No need to claim just yet, but food for thought if your target starts acting scummy.

Of course, if they were an assassin, this could be their chance to claim they did visit you, but in a benevolent role. We should be wary of anyone who wishes to betray their PR by saying they visited Blawl.

Let me translate for my dear lover: We tracked another couple and had the mind bending experience of seeing them visit ourselves.

excuse me

I didn't ask for your opinion

I'm pretty sure that's just a mirror :D

So, are you going to reveal who it was later in the day or...?

depends

Blawl <-> Fluxaisis?

I'll straight-up go ahead and say no, we did NOT target the Timeflux twerps

His incessant shooing-away of Doctor(s) and/or any help, effectively put the fear of Gun-totes Paranoid/Veteran role in us

like, 2scary5ever

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes = "Who will guard the guards themselves?"

Most people will probably remember the variation "Who watches the Watchmen?" instead.

9NP8Bdy.gif

Friedrich Nietzsche reference?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But it leaves itself open to a lot of interpretation, as does the Nietzsche quote itself. A literal interpretation is that whoever Blarg targeted also targeted him? Hmm..

6GagGQn.gif

but literally, yeah

I was there. I was looking over voting patterns while Ty4on was posting. I don't understand his last minute vote for you tho.

Something I want to note is that Launch seemingly jumped on a lot of bandwagons there.

Yes, I did.

Launch why DID you make a last second vote for us?

To show where I stood.

Truthfully, the reason why I was adamant to absolve Flux yesterday was because I thought he had the role Never Forever and Tim actually ended up having; it looked like he was drawing attention to himself so that mafia would target him in the night phase if we ended up not lynching him. However, now that I know that it's not the case, I think Flux needs to explain what is going on - namely, what his supposed night action was.

Regarding Blarg's night action, I need information about that, too.

Warxard

Banned
Well, I'm glad to see no one dead after the first night. Just means shit's gonna get a lot weirder from here on out.

I want to give my thoughts on a couple of posters during their last-day activity when I'm back from the market, but otherwise my mind is made up on who to vote for next.

I'm not gonna lie Launch, I got the impression you didn't believe this was an actual role from this. I struggle more to believe you thought Flux had it.

It was part of the reason. I had more reason to believe that Flux would have it than a pair that was on the line to be lynched.

UltraJay

Vote: Gorlak

I want launch to explain his flip flops onto every potential lynch target. On mobile and about to go to bed so voted for gorlak instead of figuring out launch's name.

Hyper, Boo, and I were in a vote battle which explains our votes: survival. That was even the extent of Hyper's reasoning for his vote on us.

Launch so far is who I think most likely is scum at this moment.

Vote: Gorlak

I want launch to explain his flip flops onto every potential lynch target. On mobile and about to go to bed so voted for gorlak instead of figuring out launch's name.

Hyper, Boo, and I were in a vote battle which explains our votes: survival. That was even the extent of Hyper's reasoning for his vote on us.

Launch so far is who I think most likely is scum at this moment.

Because that's what I do. I provided ample reasoning on NeverTim. I switched to Hyper because I thought there was something there, but I reconsidered a few minutes later. I switched off NeverTim to avoid a turbo. Then, finally, because I knew NeverTim was getting lynched and because my partner was voting for them, I went to Splintbot, which are just my absolute favorites for scum this game.

Kyanrute

excuse me
I'll straight-up go ahead and say no, we did NOT target the Timeflux twerps

His incessant shooing-away of Doctor(s) and/or any help, effectively put the fear of Gun-totes Paranoid/Veteran role in us

like, 2scary5ever

Without the name you are as unconfirmed as you were the day before. Keep it hidden for now though, no need to risk revealing a possible town pr this early in the day.

UltraJay

And everyone, even Boo, shows up while I post.

You thought Flux had an investigative role as well as one shot bulletproof? That sounds a little powerful. Doesn't explain why Time wasn't into the idea. Flux would have used that as reasoning to help convince him.

cabot

Based on how either of you flip -> the other is the opposite is how I'm gonna roll right now.

Interesting, I don't agree with that, personally.

I lean more scum than town on Launchlak, but they're also demonstrating town aggressiveness as well.

I don't think it's a surefire confirmation that we're on opposing sides, we just have opposing mentalities. Not alignment indicative.

Gorlak

Banned
Blawl's withholding is no sign of alignment. In both cases it's a reasonable strategy :(

I want to hear from TimeFlux.

Vote: Timeaisis

I think the "no one died" is probably the most interesting thing I've read all day. I know most of the conversatiOn is about time/flux and blawl's mirror matchup.

Have any of us thought about the possibility that our loveless decided to NOT kill last night? It's only one potential option, but it's one that tends to get overlooked.

Top Bottom