• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Gorlak

Banned
When your arguments are weak, there's nothing I can do but hand wave. Go back to your earlier post attacking me in D1, it's a load of hot air. What you describe is a gut read, but you keep dressing it up as something more than that and have focused on that, and little else, for the entire game so far.

And then you accuse ME of fake effort. It's insulting.

"Defended Hyperkitty day 1", yes I was more convinced of scum elsewhere and in hindsight was defending more than I realised (well, redirecting). I don't apologise, I town read Hyperkitty.

"Preparing CzarTim as an option" is objectively untrue. I was away from the thread for a bit so my vote came in relatively late. I had been slightly suspect of Tim before but I'm pretty sure I never voiced it here.

"Defended Flux D2", yes I town read him, problem? Even if I didn't I would be insisting we resolve this tracker mess, it's ridiculous to suggest they could both be town.

Inconsistent assessment? It's basically a read list based on what I thought where the key issues of the day. It was abandoned because it turned out kind of pointless and I'd already been going for two hours. Inconsistent? I don't see it, Floppa's position looked shady to me so I called it. That's Mafia.

I have to retract on the point of CzarTim, it was the option of UltraBoo. I made my case here: #1542 (Flux' called out Tim to start the train on Boo, which wasn't true ~ I misremembered, doesn't change the argument)

And yes, it's mafia to call out shady things. But it's suspicious to call it out on someone who barely adressed the issue, while neglecting someone else who openly took the so called shady position far stronger (me wanting to policy lynch).

cabot

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733
Coppanuva .2737

Seriously, is there a New Lover Request Form available somewhere?

*Splinter

I have to retract on the point of CzarTim, it was the option of UltraBoo. I made my case here: #1542 (Flux' called out Tim to start the train on Boo, which wasn't true ~ I misremembered, doesn't change the argument)

And yes, it's mafia to call out shady things. But it's suspicious to call it out on someone who barely adressed the issue, while neglecting someone else who openly took the so called shady position far stronger (me wanting to policy lynch).
Ok now I understand, but you misunderstood what I thought was "shady".

I think a policy lynch is a bad idea, but bad ideas aren't only put forward by scum. I was worried about Floppa precisely because he barely addressed it. My read of the situation is that he knows it's a "bad" idea so he floats it for other people to take the lead on.

LESS THAN HALF A DAY TO THE END OF FLIRTATION VALLEY, LOVERS

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (12)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (1)
Dusk Soldier .1992

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
El Topo
Hobohodo
MagnumBoy20xx
Retroid (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1456423200.png

15 votes for majority

cabot

- Gorlak pointed out the crab scale point, I was answering a question of El Topo's regarding PR count in the game. I have never stated I agree with Gorlak's assumption, it's conjecture.

The reasons I'll vote for you:

- I read town on Kark up until yesterday (RL) and didn't read town on either you or Kawl.
- I didn't believe your reason in targetting Kark.
- Miller claim needs to be cleaned up.
- I still don't see scum Flux claiming 6 minutes in to something he can't prove.
- You flipping scum or otherwise points us to others, just as much as a Kark or Flux flipping scum would. There's no difference in balance there.
- There's an active clash of roles here, which points to scum more than not.
- I read Kawl not really answering points and then going completely silent the past 1.5 days as scummy than town.

- My metagaming reason was why I thought you claimed Miller, it's not the reason I want to lynch you.
- I'm not convinced a Miller is an adequate balance for unlimited tracking. I can see it as a balance for a scum tracker.

hey guys, remember this?

It appears everyone suddenly decided I was voting on Blawl for the single reason of the miller claim appearing like a last minute addition to their introduction.

Just reminding you guys there was you know, some actual other reasons.

cabot

I will admit Kark has done absolutely no favours to himself the past two days, and I find him just as scummy as Blawl.

My current thinking is x-shot tracker vs unlimited tracker, the weaker one would be Town aligned.

Of course he could be lying about x-shot, which is just dandy.

Hobohodo

So I've utilised 'form class reflection time' to reflect on my stance (that's what they mean right? I don't need the pupils to reflect on stuff surely?) and decided I can't lynch the Cabot/Splinter pairing. I just haven't got a majorly scummy feeling from them through my two day burst of reading and it feels to early to do the 'I think you may be town but I'd rather these guys stay alive' kind of move.

cabot

I'd welcome the attention if he had a coherent point to make.

come on Splinter, it's abundantly clear:

I was using faulty information to justify my vote on Blawl, no wait. We're scummy as sin.

No wait, we've been coasting under the rader through this game.

No wait, uh. Eerr. BLAWL JUMP ON EM!

cabot

So I've utilised 'form class reflection time' to reflect on my stance (that's what they mean right? I don't need the pupils to reflect on stuff surely?) and decided I can't lynch the Cabot/Splinter pairing. I just haven't got a majorly scummy feeling from them through my two day burst of reading and it feels to early to do the 'I think you may be town but I'd rather these guys stay alive' kind of move.

Can you (or someone) tell me why a scum flux would insta-claim a role 6 minutes after start and then have no way to prove it?

Please? SOMEONE!

Also, El Topo I saw you posting earlier saying if TimeFlux was anything but scum, he would die N2.

Can you explain that logic? Because he's still a pretty huge point of discussion, why would he be killed at night?

Hobohodo

Can you (or someone) tell me why a scum flux would insta-claim a role 6 minutes after start and then have no way to prove it?

Please? SOMEONE!

Honestly no clue. But ignoring why he would do it as scum even his justification for it as town came off as a bit off to me. Seemed to introduce a lot of confusion Day 1 which served no purpose.

cabot

Lynching TimeFlux today makes no sense. That should have been done D1. Let us first take a general look at the possible scenarios:

1)TimeFlux are town
--------------------------------
They are going to get killed during N2. They role-claimed (name) cop, only to backtrack. Mafia would be foolish to let them roam around, even moreso if they were their target during N1 but survived due to a doctor. Relying on town to do their dirty work is way too risky.

2)TimeFlux are neutral
They are going to get killed during N2, see above explanation.

3)TimeFlux are mafia
No one is going to kill them during the night. As a consequence, they are brutally murdered D3, potentially D4 if Bawl flip town and the rest of us descend upon Karkhead.

Now let us look at your analysis regarding information provided by lynching TimeFlux:

1)Lynching TimeFlux (following D2) is reasonable in any way in my opinion (as I explained on D1 and is obvious from the above reasoning), so as far as I am concerned, Karkhead has delayed nothing. I understand though, that certain players seem to think very differently on this and cabot (iirc) has explicitly used the argument between you and Karkhead as the reason to ignore TimeFlux for the day.

2)I don't disagree that Splinter and cabot are suspicious regarding this, especially cabot who has done a 180° regarding lynching TimeFlux on D2, but I find it hard to imagine that cabot (if he is scum) would have been okay with a mafia member role-claiming cop on D1. Then again, TimeFlux claimed (either way) that he went ahead without an okay by Time.

3)The D1 cop claim is so insane that I cannot really rule out anything, especially if you are involved, Blarg. I would also like to mention that I vaguely recall Kark being rather aggressive towards TimeFlux at the beginning (of D1). Maybe someone could see how Kark's stance and behavior developed on D1?

4)If we lynch you, we clear up a lot of things as well. If you're town, Karkhead is almost guaranteed scum and following your logic (that I don't necessarily agree with) TimeFlux might be doomed as well, no? If you're scum, that means that anything goes.

5)I have played with the idea of "letting things play out", but it is problematic for town, especially since we have three role-claims and two of them are trackers, which makes it likely that one of them is scum.

I'll have to go through more posts to see whether or not it makes sense to lynch Kark over you. Does someone have a reasonable summary of why we should specifically lynch Blarg over Kark? I think there was the whole "x-shot vs. unlimited" contradiction? Anyone willing to investigate how Kark's stance developed on D1 or how the reactions were (and by whom) on D2 when Blarg/Kark revealed?

Quote in question. I don't agree that scum would believe that the backtrack was genuine. I genuinely thought TimeFlux were veteran with that claim, I never really ever thought a title cop was on the cards.

It's possible they could die N2, based on the fact they've debunked the veteran, though I don't think it's a forgone conclusion.

cabot

Honestly no clue. But ignoring why he would do it as scum even his justification for it as town came off as a bit off to me. Seemed to introduce a lot of confusion Day 1 which served no purpose.

This is the crux of it, Ignoring the scumhunt aspect and yes it is bad play, and deserves a lynch.

But this game isn't about determining bad play, it's about beating the scum. I said this so many times when Topo kept asking earlier in the day. I just don't scumread TimeFlux right now, so I don't see why my vote should go there.

El Topo

Can you explain that logic? Because he's still a pretty huge point of discussion, why would he be killed at night?

TimeFlux are verified liars that claimed (name) cop on D1. If we assume that they are not mafia, i.e. neutral or town, that means it is an enormous risk to let them roam around (for mafia), especially since their new claim (assuming they are town) only makes sense if they are a power role/the cop. It is also important to note that TimeFlux, even on D1, deliberately corrobated their own (name) cop story, so mafia certainly has to take into account that it could be an attempt to look like anything but the cop.

It becomes more complex if we think about how N1 may have played off. Assuming mafia tried to kill them, but failed, that implies TimeFlux were saved by a doctor or have (x-shot) NK-immunity, ignoring the whole role-blocker narrative for now. In case of the former, they probably have to try again, because often doctors cannot protect the same player consecutively. Relying on town to lynch them on D3 is risky.

Quote in question. I don't agree that scum would believe that the backtrack was genuine. I genuinely thought TimeFlux were veteran with that claim, I never really ever thought a title cop was on the cards.

It's possible they could die N2, based on the fact they've debunked the veteran, though I don't think it's a forgone conclusion.

It doesn't matter if the backtrack is genuine. For all they know, assuming TimeFlux are not mafia, there is a proven liar among non-mafia players. That is a big risk for mafia, so instead of killing random people during the night, it seems almost inevitable that they would eliminate this (presumably unknown) variable. The idea that they are a veteran seems hard for me to swallow. You really think no one visited them during the night after their claims on D1? You honestly think we have another role like that, after we already had a one-shot target immune role?

On a sidenote, I've lost track on how often you have flipped or adapted your stance regarding TimeFlux. It's getting ridiculous.

cabot

TimeFlux are verified liars that claimed (name) cop on D1. If we assume that they are not mafia, i.e. neutral or town, that means it is an enormous risk to let them roam around (for mafia), especially since their new claim (assuming they are town) only makes sense if they are a power role/the cop. It is also important to note that TimeFlux, even on D1, deliberately corrobated their own (name) cop story, so mafia certainly has to take into account that it could be an attempt to look like anything but the cop.

It becomes more complex if we think about how N1 may have played off. Assuming mafia tried to kill them, but failed, that implies TimeFlux were saved by a doctor or have (x-shot) NK-immunity, ignoring the whole role-blocker narrative for now. In case of the former, they probably have to try again, because often doctors cannot protect the same player consecutively. Relying on town to lynch them on D3 is risky.

It doesn't matter if the backtrack is genuine. For all they know, assuming TimeFlux are not mafia, there is a proven liar among non-mafia players. That is a big risk for mafia, so instead of killing random people during the night, it seems almost inevitable that they would eliminate this (presumably unknown) variable. The idea that they are a veteran seems hard for me to swallow. You really think no one visited them during the night after their claims on D1? You honestly think we have another role like that, after we already had a one-shot target immune role?

On a sidenote, I've lost track on how often you have flipped or adapted your stance regarding TimeFlux. It's getting ridiculous.

I believe it was three switches. Where I believed the claim, then I was suspicious at the day start but then decided there was scum in the two tracker claims.

Feel free to overdramatize it, though. I know you're German, but you should have at least have five fingers on your hand. It should be easy to count.

Beyond all of the name calling, people who don't have an active vote or remain voting on some other couple with one vote seem shady as hell to me. Make a decision, take a stand. Even if it moves me and Blarg closer to our fate instead of Splintbot, make a choice. Provide some reasoning/feelings. Casual coasting on the sideline does Yall no favors.

cabot throws shit at Blawl because they obviously have to be x-shot.

Immediatly afterwards Splinter comes in and corrects his teammate, oh look how townie they are, working together and correcting themselves. This happened more often (i.e. the crab scale, cabot wants to infer the number of power roles, splinter comes in "this is not how it works, sweetie") - it's some sort of good cop, bad cop shit. That happened at the end of day 1 as well, while I was showing my suspicion on cabot. Cabot was ignorant of anything I said and just tried to laugh it away, while Splinter seemed "sane" and admitted defending HyperKitty more than he thought, basically confirming my suspicion.

Another weird way of acting was Splinter's summarizing posts. He included only 2/3 of the teams and it didn't achieve anything other than conveying HIS opinion on the teams.

I want to point out the assessment of two teams specifically:
Launch and Gorlak
Coppa and Flame

While he is very reconciling with Launch and me, he completely ignores that I voted Kark. Both Blawl and Karkhead have made moves that make no sense if they are scum.
While I was very clear that I disliked Flux' play and want him gone, he doesn't think it's a big deal. Nothing suspicious in itself if he hadn't pointed it out with Flame so much.
He basically condemns both of them because they vote Blarg (like 50% of the players) and made a "soft push" in the policy lynching direction. WTF.

This was weird to me and I looked at Flame's posts, maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't found a post pushing for a policy lynch at all. My stance was 200% clearer and yet Splinter thought those two were more suspicious?

Now, I don't want to defend Flame and Coppa, I'm more examining Splinter's argument and explain why it's a bad argument... Sound familiar? #2345
Splinter and Cabot defended Flux' today for unknown reasons.

---
I think those two are very subtle. They try to add jokes and be "that funny guy who always has a joke at hand", you feel comfortable around them. You easily tend to trust them and than you start listening to their opinion. I think those are our high activity scum pair who dominate this thread far too much. They shift and steer this discussion at will.

Golark, I've had the same sentiment about this, but you put it into words way better than I ever could.

VOTE: *splinter

El Topo

This is the crux of it, Ignoring the scumhunt aspect and yes it is bad play, and deserves a lynch.

But this game isn't about determining bad play, it's about beating the scum. I said this so many times when Topo kept asking earlier in the day. I just don't scumread TimeFlux right now, so I don't see why my vote should go there.

I thought about starting with a gambit before the game had begun. You know what I did? I asked Miracle. You know what he said? No. We barely communicated, but were still able to come to this understanding. That was the end of the story for me.

There comes a point where you have to close your eyes to see something as bad play instead of a scum tell. On Day 1 one may have accepted the whole narrative of one player rushing forward and making a play detrimental to town. Maybe. On Day 2 that possibility evaporated when Time came forward and presented a new claim.

Why do people eat up this whole "Too risky to be a lie" when it comes to TimeFlux, but when it comes to Blarg being town and Kark being scum it is suddenly unfathomable? Why is there such a bizarre double standard?

*Splinter

Hmm, we've somehow picked up 11 votes despite only a few (3 or 4) moving off of Blarg.

So much for "no opposition to the Blarg lynch", if we do die at least this won't be a complete waste.

cabot

I thought about starting with a gambit before the game had begun. You know what I did? I asked Miracle. You know what he said? No. We barely communicated, but were still able to come to this understanding. That was the end of the story for me.

There comes a point where you have to close your eyes to see something as bad play instead of a scum tell. On Day 1 one may have accepted the whole narrative of one player rushing forward and making a play detrimental to town. Maybe. On Day 2 that possibility evaporated when Time came forward and presented a new claim.

Why do people eat up this whole "Too risky to be a lie" when it comes to TimeFlux, but when it comes to Blarg being town and Kark being scum it is suddenly unfathomable? Why is there such a bizarre double standard?

admittedly you doing a gambit would be better than your usual productive D1 performance of whining.

I guess the whole 'there is a direct conflict of people having the same power' is a bit more convincing to me

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (12)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741

*Splinter & cabot (11)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (0)
Dusk Soldier .1992 .2768

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
El Topo
Hobohodo
MagnumBoy20xx
Retroid (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1456423200.png

15 votes for majority

El Topo

Lynching Splabot is nonsensical with three claims out there. Fuck that. I don't recall the reasons people presented on why we should believe Karkador instead of Blargonaut, anyone got them handy?

Karkador

Banned
Lynching Splabot is nonsensical with three claims out there. Fuck that. I don't recall the reasons people presented on why we should believe Karkador instead of Blargonaut, anyone got them handy?

The Splinter vote is actually a joint coalition between Blawl and Zippendor

Gorlak

Banned

If Blawl is speaking the truth: Kark knew he was tracked and Kark targeted Blawl. If Kark is scum, they could've been the killer, but why claim when in that case the doc was on Blawl as well? It would be basically a 1-1 trade scum for tracker very early in the game?

Also look here: #2057

kingkitty

keeping my vote on blargkawl

we're going to have this looming question over our head with the two trackers, and instead of dealing with that question now, we've taken a sharp left turn

the idea of waiting for tracking results, and what, name those results out loud to the whole town?...won't that just help scum (assuming one of these trackers will give genuine info)? i don't understand the strategy here

i hope cabot/splinter flip scum, i really do, otherwise lol

FluxWaveZ

Wait a sec—posting about old games and all, I know—but posting that image reminded me of Vigilante: Factions. You screwed us all in that game too, *Splinter.

Heh, and I thought I was one for self-sabotage.

Karkador

Banned
Besides gut feelings, is there anything else on Splibot than accusations of obfuscation?

It's a potential alternative resolution to this tracker dispute. If you agreed with Blarg's alternatives at all, this is pretty much the mutually-agreed-upon terms; and Splinter made a rather scummy move, too.

cabot

It's a potential alternative resolution to this tracker dispute. If you agreed with Blarg's alternatives at all, this is pretty much the mutually-agreed-upon terms; and Splinter made a rather scummy move, too.

it's a complete non-resolution.

*Splinter

Wait a sec—posting about old games and all, I know—but posting that image reminded me of Vigilante: Factions. You screwed us all in that game too, *Splinter.

Heh, and I thought I was one for self-sabotage.

I reserve the right to throw a mini game on a whim.

I refuse responsibility for this shitshow

El Topo

If Blawl is speaking the truth: Kark knew he was tracked and Kark targeted Blawl. If Kark is scum, they could've been the killer, but why claim when in that case the doc was on Blawl as well? It would be basically a 1-1 trade scum for tracker very early in the game?

Also look here: #2057

Why claim miller/tracker on D1 right after someone claimed name cop? That's downright insane as well. Why do we let Kark get away with his "I did not do anything on D1 because Blarg" defense?

Don't get me wrong, I think overall there are too many things I don't quite buy (regarding Blarg), so I would rather vote for him, but I fail to see why it is treated like a clear cut case. I recall that (I think) Splabot said they had contradicted themselves on x-shot/infinite, anyone got a link to that?

FluxWaveZ

Oh I don't deny that my actions led to this showdown, but I refuse responsibility for town being so easily led astray.

Town's always lead astray. I'm not simply for turboing people because of impatience. Over and over again, there are examples of shit getting messy because of hesitation in these games. When you think scum has been found, turbo that immediately instead of waiting around for things to go to hell. There's no point, especially when we're so close to the day end in the first place.

FluxWaveZ

There's another ~13 players that "could have stopped this"

Who says scum aren't included in them? Who says they weren't passive because they didn't want to be implicated in the Blawl lynch? Who said they didn't start voting on your team when they saw you were being targeted? Who cares that there were inactive players at that point in time?

Again, your funeral. And, from the looks of it, it really will be your funeral.

Top Bottom