• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (14)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130 .2780
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741
El Topo .2808
MagnumBoy20xx .2810
LaunchpadMcQ .2846

*Splinter & cabot (11)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (0)
Dusk Soldier .1992 .2768

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
Hobohodo
Retroid (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1456423200.png

15 votes for majority

Give me a credible case where someone claims miller/tracker on D1 right after someone else claimed name cop.

Because right now the only explanation I have is 'Blarg', which is a solid explanation, but still not particularly satisfying.

Topo, please. It's very obvious they had prepared that claim long in advance and the role cop claim was irrelevant to them; if anything, it strengthened their resolve to through attention back at Flux because the existence of a miller contradicts the role cop. Miller's claim early, Blarg know that, so he had to do it regardless of what had been said. And again, like everything else scum does, he took a gamble in this claim.

Uh... I'm not really sure what you're saying, but all I'm saying is that 1: I don't care about dying, and 2: I don't care about defenders. You're trying to argue that my stance is the opposite of that, which is laughable.

Your actions, in not locking your vote in against your most public defenders of your in-game fuckery, don't match your words above, "I don't care about defenders".

And yes, YOU are to blame for my flip-flopping, as I plainly said ages ago. My vote was on you, but then the Splinter thing happened and I was SO eager to just turbo him instead. And then you had to just hesitate on that for some bullshit reason. So I'm back to you.

4txFeML.gif

Last I checked, I don't control your WIFOM intentions and rampant sidewinding, nor your vote.

Ok, Kark, can you just stfu till the end of the phase? You keep raising counterpoints and throwing wrenches in reasonable decisions.

Telling others to shut up because they actually care about playing the game with a modicum of intelligence and logical POV consideration.

I still wish your vote didn't count.

El Topo

Topo, please. It's very obvious they had prepared that claim long in advance and the role cop claim was irrelevant to them; if anything, it strengthened their resolve to through attention back at Flux because the existence of a miller contradicts the role cop. Miller's claim early, Blarg know that, so he had to do it regardless of what had been said. And again, like everything else scum does, he took a gamble in this claim.

The role claim directly contradicted their claim. That should have gotten either TimeFlux or Bawl lynched on D1. That it didn't happen is almost unfathomable.

Why claim in the first place as scum on D1? Most here accepted 'Worst play possible' as an acceptable defense for TimeFlux, but when it comes to Blarg, it's suddenly no longer acceptable? When it comes to Kark, 'It makes no sense for scum to do this' is suddenly unthinkable?

Burbeting

Banned
LOVE BOAT DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (15)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130 .2780
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741
El Topo .2808
MagnumBoy20xx .2810
LaunchpadMcQ .2846
Gorlak .2861

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733 .2854
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (0)
Dusk Soldier .1992 .2768

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
Hobohodo
Retroid (has previously voted)

15 votes for majority

Burbeting

Banned
Q8lplNs.png

The Second Evening, where we learn that Team Rocket is blasting off again.

d12OeVP.gif

“You… you are going to eat us next? Evil Bear…”
Another pair had been taken in front of the caretaker from allegations of being LOVELESS. This time it was Blargonaut and Kawl_USC, who didn’t seem to be happy about this new turn of the events. But even when faced by a lovely bear, the two didn’t stop fighting back.
“Let’s go Kawl!”, Blargonaut shouted, “time to battle this Bear!”
But just as they shouted that, the Bear screamed back: “No! Pikachu, I choose you!”

12q6Joi.png

“Ha! We have fought countless Pokémon before!”, Kawl_USC shouted, when the weird electrical mouse emerged from the Caretakers Pokéball. It seemed like an epic battle was about to begin, but before the Blawl could even take their own Pokéballs, the Bear already shouted his orders.

“Pikachu, use enlargen!”

TpwwiPV.gif

Pikachu suddenly became at least ten times bigger, and took almost all of the space in the Swan Boat Blargonaut and Kawl_USC were standing on. As this was happening, everyone else couldn’t help, but to look as this scene was unfolding. The Pikachu just became bigger and bigger, so that the pair standing on the boat had to back down.
“Uh… Kawl, looks like…”
“Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off ag--”

But before Kawl could finish the sentence, the Pikachu became so big, that it crushed the two to death. Just a small moment later, the boat itself was crushed into pieces as well, so that the two dead bodies plunged into the waters.
“Oh, uh. Pikachu, come back!”
Just as the now absolutely gigantic creature was returned to it’s trainer, a message was suddenly flashed in the ceiling of this area of the love tunnel.

cMzK17q.png

syQsK4t.png

1Z0jv67.png

“Wait a minute… did you just kill a bunch of kids?”

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC have lost their lives

“What’s up with Love? Sounds super icky!”
“Yeah, you said it! Love is so disgusting! What do adults see in that?”
“Ewww, I could never a kiss a girl or a boy!”

Two 10-year-olds, Blargonaut and Kawl_USC were talking to each other. Their parents had been friends before the two of them were even born, and after that, their parents kept teasing of them that “oh they will get married when they grow up, for sure!” This made the two children resent anything close to love. After all, they were just friends! Screw Love!
And now, they were going to destroy the annoying little love birds, who had arrived to their favorite amusement park. And they had help with them…

---

You are partnered with Blargonaut/Kawl_USC.

You and your pair’s shared role is Best Friends. You are Aligned with LOVELESS (That means MAFIA, by the way).

The Special Power of you two is Tracking. Every night, the two of you can track one of the other pairs, and see if they visit someone else during the night. You can do this, by sending this command PM during night phase:
Pry: Pairname

As you are a pair, only one command per night. Also please note, that you can use this power for only three times. After this, the power is all used up.

Also, as you are a part of the Loveless team, you will get a shared Loveless Chat with all groups aligned with Loveless.
Any Loveless Aligned Pair can also do the Faction-Kill during the night-phase.
[REDACTED]

The Faction kill command is:
Kill: Pairname

[REDACTED]

The Loveless Chat is Here: [REDACTED]

The Game thread is Here:

You will win, if the amount of LOVELESS pairs are 50% of the pairs remaining in the game!

Alive: 13 Pairs
Dead: 2 Pairs
Day 1: Never Forever & CzarTim (One True Pairing)
Night 1: Nobody
Day 2: Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (Best Friends)

Looks like Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!

The Second Night ends at 2/28 6PM GMT. Send commands 1 hour earlier.

red_1456682400.png

Ourobolus

Banned
1wF7pg7.png

Day Three, where we learn that bears cannot escape their destiny

The bear meandered through the ride, curious about something. The night had been exceedingly quiet - a rather strange occurrence since there was a couple that had a penchant for playing absolutely terrible music and talking all the time. All. The. Time. Even when they slept. It was as if they had one skill, one skill only, and that was to be able to maintain complete control over their motor skills while asleep. Not necessarily the greatest superpower, and to be perfectly honest, they would make pretty terrible supervillains too.

But I digress.

The bear finally rounded the corner and the ride opened up into a section that was filled with hundreds of happy little animatronic bunnies, smiles forever plastered on their faces, fornicating loudly and frequently. Pastels covered the room, as if Easter had taken a physical form and spent several hours painting everything in accordance with its whims. An empty love boat floated in the middle of the room, and Splabot had suddenly disappeared.

The bear scratched his head, gazing around the room, slightly concerned. But then he noticed something else out of the ordinary. Flopsy and Mopsy, two bunnies that had long been robotically banging for ages, were separated. And underneath each one...was...oh god. Cabot lay face down, arms and legs splayed, as Mopsy perched atop him, thrusting away rhythmically. A pool of blood stained the light-green ground beneath him.

*Splinter was in a similar state, although he had been moved to a different part of the room, captured in a struggle snuggle by Flopsy, surrounded by three other bunnies, their eternal smiles creepily staring at him. The bear decided that he didn't need to see what lay in store over there, and he simply turned around and left that part of the ride. At least he might be able to come back after the players had floated through that area and retrieve the morsels for a later time.

*Splinter/Cabot have been eliminated from the game!

“Where did we end up once again?”
“I have no idea… when we went to bed, we were in Minnesota, right?”
“And now we are in Kansas, Dorothy.”
“For the last time, I AM NOT DOROTHY!”

This was an every morning occurrence for *Splinter and cabot, a lover pair who originally met in a “Sleepwalkers Anonymics” meeting way back then. Their habit to sleepwalk has not changed after that, but they did fall in deep, deep love.

---
You are partnered with *Splinter/cabot

You and your pair’s shared role is Pair of Sleepwalkers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).

The Special Power of you two is sleepwalking. Every night, the two of you walk together to the boat of another random pair (how you are able to walk from one boat to another without getting completely soaked, no one knows). You will be not told, who you visit.

Also, as you are a Pair of Lovers, you will get an private Lovers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your Lover’s chat is here: [REDACTED]

The Game Thread is here:

You will win, if everyone, who is aligned with the LOVELESS, are defeated!

The bear grinned, content with the night's outcome. He pulled out a small mirror and picked the remaining bits of NeverTim out of his teeth, and headed for the exit of the Love Boat ride, eager to sit down to a nice meal of graavilohi and Blawlcake, whom he had been saving for a later meal, allowing the children to ferment ever so slightly to bring out the tangy flavor. As he sauntered off, he was surprised to hear a voice calling out to him.

"Where do you think you're going?" the disembodied voice asked.

"I'm done here. These guys can fight amongst themselves. I just want to go home and have a nice evening of Netflix and hibernate."

"I don't think so, bear. It's Night 2. You think you can just walk out of here alive?"

"I don't think I can walk out of here dead, if that's what you are insinuating."

"That's exactly what I'm insinuating."

"Then why didn't you just say that?"

"Because...because...shut up. And look behind you."

Burbeting turned around and was shocked to see a large, monochromatic figure towering above him. He could bearly contain his fright, dropping the picnic basket that contained the Blawlcake at his side as he trembled.

"Who-who are you?" The bear cried out.

"Hi." The figure's eyes twinkled. "I'm Daisy." The monstrosity lurched forward and opened its mouth wide, enveloping the bear in a horrific darkness filled with saliva, teeth, and girl issues.
You are Burbeting, the Beartaker of the Love Boat Ride.
You are aligned with yourself.
At the end of each day phase, you may use the command MAUL: <player> to remove one team from the game based on the votes from the players.
You win when players have determined that the game was poorly balanced and that everything is the moderator's fault.

Burbeting has met his win condition and has been eliminated from the game!

DAY 3 BEGINS

13 votes are needed for majority today.

red_1457028000.png

you're mine now

FluxWaveZ

Why would a miller exist in a game without an actual alignment cop?
Indeed, FluxWaveZ, why would a Miller exist in a game without an actual alignment cop?

Blarg totally ignored this question, conveniently. This was also the fundamental reason I voted for Blawl in the first place. Anyone who tried to dissuade me from this line of thought is suspect.
We do not have an alignment cop.

In other news...

VOTE: Karkador

Die.

Camjo-Z

RIP Splinter, I knew ye we- hm... well, not well, but I knew ye.

oh and uh... I guess cabot was cool too.

Indeed, FluxWaveZ, why would a Miller exist in a game without an actual alignment cop?

Blarg totally ignored this question, conveniently. This was also the fundamental reason I voted for Blawl in the first place. Anyone who tried to dissuade me from this line of thought is suspect.

We do not have an alignment cop.

In other news...

VOTE: Karkador

Die.

What does this have to do with Kark? Serious question.

Warxard

Banned
VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

You've had an axe to grind against Splinter and Cabot since the game started and, magically, they end up night killed. Now I'm doubting the Legitimacy of Kark's claim because he should be dead right now, but I feel more inclined to push onto you today seeing as, if the end of the day goes as expected, Kark will have majority vote.

UltraJay

I've had the night to think about it, and that last play from Kark was pretty weird. The one thing we shouldn't do is assume is that Kark is town simply by elimination. He has all the reason to eliminate Blawl since the most likely outcome was Blawl being a lying scum, but instead he works with them to try to take down Splabot based simply on posts by Splinter at the end of the day. He could have went for a turbo but didn't and instead opted for end-of-day craziness.

I think Kark is Loveless.

A Blawl bus would have achieved a lot for the scum team:

1. A scum member is "proven" town.
2. Could potentially bait the doctor (if there is one) to protect the confirmed "townie". With their target basically known, the scum team could use thier abilities to suss out their identity.
3. Using the end of day to throw shade on a town player - one that was active - to get a potential doctor save, etc. off of them. This, along with baiting the doctor to a target, allows them to kill a town player freely and prevent N1 from happening again.

Vote: Karkador

The entire end of N2 just felt off to me. We also have to remember that Splabot was almost lynched yesterday and yet they were killed? I don't think that was a neutral or vig kill. And the fact that Kark wasn't killed. Yeah, there was a good chance he was protected or watched, but he should have been scumlic enemy number one and they seemed to have taken a chance on N1.

I just want to get this theory on the record. Now, there's probably been tons of posts since I started writing this.

Warxard

Banned
Flux and Time should definitely be in the minds of voters today, seeing as they're still wild cards who blatantly lied about their role claim.

UltraJay

Boo. You could have least stated your intentions in the lovers chat. I know you have a thing with Launch, but what benefit is there for scum to have a bitter rivalry with a townie for the entire game? It just makes them look bad when they flip.

I'd be interested in knowing if that sleepwalker role caused any shenanigans at all or if it just fizzed out. Woof 2 this is not.

Top Bottom