• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Ty4on

Boo. You could have least stated your intentions in the lovers chat. I know you have a thing with Launch, but what benefit is there for scum to have a bitter rivalry with a townie for the entire game? It just makes them look bad when they flip.

I'd be interested in knowing if that sleepwalker role caused any shenanigans at all or if it just fizzed out. Woof 2 this is not.
I second this. It would be weird (though obviously not impossible). Just weird for scum to go hard on Cabinter and then kill them so they flip town the next day.

Warxard

Banned
Boo. You could have least stated your intentions in the lovers chat. I know you have a thing with Launch, but what benefit is there for scum to have a bitter rivalry with a townie for the entire game? It just makes them look bad when they flip.

I'd be interested in knowing if that sleepwalker role caused any shenanigans at all or if it just fizzed out. Woof 2 this is not.

Hmm. Point.

UNVOTE

Kyanrute

Writing down some general thoughts. Reasons for Splibot kill:

-High post count, they prodded everyone and everything, killing Splibot could slow the discussion down, allowing scum to hide and lie better.
-Scum wants to make the people who voted for Splibot the last day look bad, but given the Blawl flip, they would already look bad. So the kill might have been made because it would not mess with the data we got from d2 votes.
-Splibot had a role that moved. Do scum have a another role that can see movement? Were they hoping for the one that denied the n1 kill from them?
-Were Splibot particularly focused on someone besides those who are dead? Were they killed because they were correctly scumreading someone? Have to read through the thread again.
-Or the inverse of the above: do scum want us to think that they were correct in their reads? No way to tell which way this goes, have to rely on other info.

UltraJay

I second this. It would be weird (though obviously not impossible). Just weird for scum to go hard on Cabinter and then kill them so they flip town the next day.

That might actually take some points away from my Kark theory.

Then again, the intended result was probably to get Splabot lynched so on Day 3 both Kark and Blawl could go, "Whoops! But come on they were pretty scummy." then give us fake intel, and finally have D3 be a repeat of D2. Scum would love that. We'd be arguing about miller trackers all over again.

Camjo-Z

I think it's time Rover fetched us a doggone explanation fur that last-minute lynch wackiness yesterday, no bones about it. And dig up a tracker report while you're at it.

Flame_AC

I didn't think Splinter and cabot would be the ones dead today, very odd move by the mafia I think.

Did you get any results last night Kark/Zip?

Warxard

Banned
I hope to see some compelling evidence for why Kark is scum when I come home.
I'm really not seeing it.

We've effectively gotten rid of the scum trackers with the claim of Kark being a town tracker of some sort being somewhat true. Were it true 100%, Kark should be dead considering there is no reason why we still have a town tracker alive by the third day after the reveal. Something is up.

Of course there could be other things protecting Kark from death, be it a town role-blocker or Kark....being scum!

Ty4on

I didn't think Splinter and cabot would be the ones dead today, very odd move by the mafia I think.

Did you get any results last night Kark/Zip?
Yeah, I was planning on opening with why I support a vote for them before they turned up dead.
My gut reaction is this is to attack those with a Splinter vote, but I'm not sure why scum wouldn't be there.

Ty4on

We've effectively gotten rid of the scum trackers with the claim of Kark being a town tracker of some sort being somewhat true. Were it true 100%, Kark should be dead considering there is no reason why we still have a town tracker alive by the third day after the reveal. Something is up.

Of course there could be other things protecting Kark from death, be it a town role-blocker or Kark....being scum!
I think they don't want to repeat D1 fiasco. They wanna steer away from doctors, and especially if they just had a failed kill.

FluxWaveZ

Do remember that no one died on N1, possibly due to a doctor. If there was a doctor that blocked the kill on N1, scum possibly decided it wouldn't be safe to kill the only proclaimed Power Role left (Kark/Zipped) because the doctor might be protecting them, so they went for someone else.

Kyanrute

Yeah sure Kark and Zipped are alive because they are scum and day two makes perfect sense if this would be the case right. Hmm. No.

Scum already lost one night kill because of currently unknown things. Kark and Zipped were the obvious target for doctors/other protective roles. This also meant that everyone else would probably not be protected by any active roles.

Going to have to read through the rest of yesterday, pretty much had tuned out thinking we should just wait for the blawl flip and end the day

But there should be some useful info from yesterday's stupidity

Also I commented on the idea of kark also being evil yesterday. It would be stupid, and either Karl contuniouslt stays alive, drawing suspicion and enfing with either another scum down or A TON of tracking info, or he does soon

He's not going to be voted out today

If scum has 4 members, a smart scum team would be been bidding blawl, but the fact that the vote for so close is useful. I just doing I'll find all 8 members on one side (although scum team, if you all bussed blawl yesterday, I'd be pretty impressed. I don't think I have that sort of self-control

Yeah I'm gonna go with doctor or rokeblocker for now

Based on how Blawl flipped, I doubt that Karkhead are scum. I know that I said yesterday that I doubted Blawl would act the way they did if they were scum, so I was wrong on that account. But I think I was wrong due to a mistake by Blawl, the way they were acting they were destined to die one way or another very soon. It's possible that scum realized Blawl were doomed, and had Karkhead bus them, but that seems unlikely. No one else has claimed tracker, and I think there has to be a town tracker role.

Karkador

Banned
DgVYsdF.png

Coppanuva

In other news...

VOTE: Karkador

Die.

So (and this goes for you too Jay)... why do you want to vote on him? Why would you think Kark is scum? He bussed Blarg on day 2 and called his claim BS. Blarg wasn't a target until Kark called his bluff, I have a hard time understanding ANY world in which a scum would bus his partner that early.

FluxWaveZ

So (and this goes for you too Jay)... why do you want to vote on him? Why would you think Kark is scum? He bussed Blarg on day 2 and called his claim BS. Blarg wasn't a target until Kark called his bluff, I have a hard time understanding ANY world in which a scum would bus his partner that early.

Can you envision a scenario in which scum claims quickly on D1 with the obvious red flag of "Miller" and gets subsequently lynched for it on D2?

Karu

Uhm, okay.

First gut reaction is that the Splintbot-kill was to hamper activity... but I was a bit baffled by the day's end weird shift by both Bawl (understandable), but also Kark which gives me pause.

Flame_AC

I'm with my partner on this, it doesn't make sense for Kark, if he was scum, to go and out his fellow scum mate. None of Day 2 would make any sense at all if that was the case.

Also, Kark needs to say whatever happened during the night.

batsnacks

I don't think mafia-kark counter claimed tracker against mafia-tracker-blarg, and I can't believe anyone seriously thinks that is the most likely explanation for what happened day 2. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Flame_AC

It's not like we have anything else to off of at the immediate moment. I'm interested in Kark's tracker results and then we'll work from there.

Wow, I was coming in here to put my vote down on Splintbot. RIP, you suspicious bastards.

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

You've had an axe to grind against Splinter and Cabot since the game started and, magically, they end up night killed. Now I'm doubting the Legitimacy of Kark's claim because he should be dead right now, but I feel more inclined to push onto you today seeing as, if the end of the day goes as expected, Kark will have majority vote.

Yeah, I don't know why I would have gone in so hard against them if I was just going to kill them; doesn't really make sense.

I contend that Karkador and Zippedpinhead are not trackers.

Why not?

A little patience, please.

So, how about that Splinter vote at the end of D2?

To be fair, they were a very suspicious pair.

Also, yes, I believe that Karkador survived because mafia believed we would be the center of roles. Splintbot's role confirms the existence of a tracker; seeing as how no one has countered Kark's claim, it's a safe bet that he is who he says he is.

Moreover, I believe that Kark has information... very specific information that I think he should keep to himself for now, if it is what I think it is.

Ourobolus

Banned
Current votes:

el topo & giant panda (1)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (2)
fluxwavez
ultrajay

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
boo boo'n

13 votes are needed for majority.

FluxWaveZ

I flipped a coin.

Also, the momentum that Splintbot bandwagon got was pretty bad. I guess I contributed there, but I wasn't really that suspect of the duo; I just thought it'd be really funny to do. 'Course, that's also why I decided to keep my vote on Blawl, in the end, since they're the ones I actually wanted to lynch.

I flipped a coin.

Also, the momentum that Splintbot bandwagon got was pretty bad. I guess I contributed there, but I wasn't really that suspect of the duo; I just thought it'd be really funny to do. 'Course, that's also why I decided to keep my vote on Blawl, in the end, since they're the ones I actually wanted to lynch.

It's bizarre that one of the pairs that had the most heat on them at the end of the last phase was the one mafia chose to die. But then again, I guess it was the least risky option. If the mafia are trying to avoid a doctor protection, then they'd go for the town pair with the most suspicion on them, right?

Karkador

Banned
I flipped a coin.

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (15)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130 .2780
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657

Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741
El Topo .2808
MagnumBoy20xx .2810
LaunchpadMcQ .2846
Gorlak .2861

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733 .2854
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130 .2780
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657

Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741
El Topo .2808
MagnumBoy20xx .2810
LaunchpadMcQ .2846
Gorlak .2861

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733 .2854
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

My, my. Those are some interesting things you've bolded there.

FluxWaveZ

*Splinter & cabot (10)

Well... yeah? Are you highlighting my flip-flopping? Come on, dude, that was talked about extensively at the end of D2; you always revisit tired conversations. It's not contradicting what I'm saying here, either.

Basically: The choice between a funny lynch, or the lynch I actually believed in. I said as much multiple times before.

Karkador

Banned
You guys have to realize, there are 25 votes between the two candidates yesterday.

The Mafia members are sitting right in that vote.

Did they get on the Blarg vote, or the Splinter vote? Maybe a little of both?

Flame_AC

You guys have to realize, there are 25 votes between the two candidates yesterday.

The Mafia members are sitting right in that vote.

Did they get on the Blarg vote, or the Splinter vote? Maybe a little of both?

I take it your suggesting Flux/Time are scum?

Top Bottom