• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

El Topo

I think the cop claim was a great idea. There was no realistic scenario where Karkhead was mafia (due to the Metal Lovers), but it certainly got everyone back into the thread again.
In hindsight I was also too harsh on Flux. He kinda pissed me off with a remark on D1 and that...may have had a tiny bit of influence in my assessment of him in the game.

Karkador

Banned
It was a good idea in theory but you waited way too long to do anything with it. People can barely come to a logical conclusion about who to vote in 3 days, let alone 3 hours.

Yep, it was too slow. I was either busy or lazy/asleep. I also think that I didn't trust my intuition on it enough. The pair that jumped right into it would be the "foolish town" reaction, the cautious edging-into-it reaction (Kyanrute and Retroid) were the scum. I didn't trust my gut on that enough, and I didn't come around to feeling safe about you guys soon enough.

Ty4on

Yep, it was too slow. I was either busy or lazy/asleep. I also think that I didn't trust my intuition on it enough. The pair that jumped right into it would be the "foolish town" reaction, the cautious edging-into-it reaction (Kyanrute and Retroid) were the scum. I didn't trust my gut on that enough, and I didn't come around to feeling safe about you guys soon enough.

What made you settle on Camjo? Wasn't the original idea that scum would be cautious?

Karkador

Banned
To be honest, it was kind of a half baked idea to begin with, so we may have lost the plot in the execution, anyway.

The day was looking like "ty4on and camjo are arguing in a corner"; we had some evidence that you were clean, but also contradictory thoughts that fit a narrative about why we were still alive and whatnot.

When it starts to look like players are all fairly innocent, I start looking for the most minute things to clue me in. The last days were tough.

After reading the first few days of scum chat, days 1&2 were awesome, foreveryone involved.

I had a lot of fun, and I didn't screw it up this time (I still have nightmares of makai neutrals and danganronpa)!

Metagaming was prevalent, but obviously Kark and I had a lot off.

The pages and pages of salt... Sorry...

Retroid

Fuck day one. That shit is stupid and completely anti-fun. Fuck day one. People ramble about nonsense how person x is playing differently compared to a game that was played decades ago. How the fuck can that be evidence of anything? My gut says person y is scum. How can you argue about that when that is just a feeling? Next game I play I will say that sky is blue, that seems worth as much. And then there is three million of these posts. And then people ask you to judge others based on their opinions whether the bear does or does not shit in the woods. The only fun part of day one was at the end and that made me laugh.

Amen.

Karkador

Banned
Have to post my last list of reads:

Kingkitty - played a very steady and even-handed game. Thanks for believing in me, KK!
Hyperactivity - You
Ri'Orius - Hardly knew you, let's play again

Karkador - I'm happy to have played through another Gafia game in full.
Zippedpinhead - Probably the best partner I could have asked for. I assumed Zipped would ground me, but he really accepted and enabled a lot of our crazy ideas. I think Zipped sees mafia a lot like I do - it's a game for having fun, and we had fun. While that sounds irresponsible, he also made some good judgments that leveled out my madness.
Going into a future game, you'll be missed as a partner.

Timeaisis - I really haven't learned how to read your temperament in these games. You stayed surprisingly calm despite your damage control situation.
FluxWaveZ - I can appreciate a good gambit, so even if this one didn't work out, do keep thinking of creative ways to subvert the game. Unless you're scum, that is. I think, after reading some of the scum chat, your antics actually helped us evade scum killing us right away. But pls, Flux...keep other game histories out of your game. Besides that, I'm sorry if I ruffled any of your feathers with my antics.

LaunchPadMcQ - We surprisingly stayed out of each other's hair this game. NX formed a bond, I can feel it.
Gorlak - We haven't formed a bond, so you were kind of just "Launch's partner" to me, but thanks for taking the initiative on hammering Blarg and Kawl on D2.

Blargonaut - I already sent you a PM after D2, but now that I read all the planning in the scum chat, I gotta give you credit for initiative taken and the rather clever strategy....but wow, what a blind spot. I would have totally gone along with you on that team, though.
Kawl_USC - How the hell did you put up with that guy

UltraJay &Boo Boo'n - Jesus, I tunneled on you guys being scum really badly. A lot of the things you two did fit my scum profile. You even did the things I told Zipped in the chat scum would probably do next. It was tough to really tell you guys apart as Town, but thanks for siding with..uhh..the obvious choice at the end.

Coppanuva & Flame AC - I'm seeing both of you again in the next game, and I know you guys are going to hold something against me, lol.

*Splinter - sorry/not sorry about that vote trap I used you as bait for. I mean, I did think your thing was scummy, but I further convinced myself to do it for the vote trap purposes. You were taking one for the team; I simply volunteered you.
Cabot - So like...are you actually always drinking?

TL21xx- Your avatar is kind of frightening, but I really shouldn't have doubted you.
Camjo-Z - Inclined to believe you because you had an Animal Crossing avatar. I really got a lot of Town vibes from you throughout the game, until Ty4on started arguing with you. Sorry about misreading the situation with you.

MagnumBoy20xx - smh
batsnacks - smh

Rest - hardly knew ye, though I've seen you in other games
Dusk Soldier - y'all got steamrolled
Karu - y'all got steamrolled

Kyanrute & Retroid - I always got the feeling that you guys were posting from a cautious and measured position, and it came off pretty scummy to me - but I lacked the evidence to really lynch you guys. I eventually finally figured out that there was a roleblocker in the game, but it seems like it was for the wrong reason. To that end, you guys played a fairly tight game with little leaks. DANGEROUS.

El Topo - I'm glad that the chat bomber gave us a sort of alliance. You threw shade on a lot of ideas, but it was probably for the best.
Miracle - Hardly knew you
Giant Panda - I'm glad that you came around towards the end of the game and posted a lot.

Never Forever - I wish you had stuck around longer.
CzarTim - I can't remember if we finished playing that game of Patchwork.

Sophia - Saw the notes in your boat chat - wow. I'm not sure why you exited (and I regret even speculating on it), but you and Ty4on were holding back a treasure trove of analysis. God damn.
hobohodo - I like your online personality (from what we saw of it in AC), but you really don't post enough at all- and it's understandable, but it sucks.
Ty4on - I watched you play all throughout Danganronpa, and I thought you had a talent for deducing the game information. I was really looking forward to seeing what you would bring to this game, and you did keep up with your style of informative and helpful, pro-Town posts....except you being wrong so many times made me think you were being deliberately misleading. Oh, to be thought of as scummy because I wasn't playing as good as I usually do - that's the dream.

Sophia

Sophia - Saw the notes in your boat chat - wow. I'm not sure why you exited (and I regret even speculating on it), but you and Ty4on were holding back a treasure trove of analysis. God damn.

No need to speculate, the answer is there in the lovers chat itself. Hopefully by next main season I can bring this analysis to the forefront to benefit
or deceive
everyone.

Already got a notes sheet ready for Gods. >:D

Retroid

So I remember someone mentioning that my user script was just a way to seem more towny, that was partially true...

I actually was having difficulty remembering partners at the beginning and was having trouble following along so I decided I could seem towny while at the same time helping myself. :D

Did... did he just reveal that he's really you???

HYPER!!!!!!! WHO ARE YOU REALLY!!!!!

s0JUVpN.gif

WM3HsvT.gif

I think the cop claim was a great idea. There was no realistic scenario where Karkhead was mafia (due to the Metal Lovers), but it certainly got everyone back into the thread again.
In hindsight I was also too harsh on Flux. He kinda pissed me off with a remark on D1 and that...may have had a tiny bit of influence in my assessment of him in the game.

you can still lose sway and credibility (see: Harry Potter Blargonaut)

Top Bottom