• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

elhaym

And in the special "let's keep stealing ideas from Starlight Stage" section...

- New note type: swing notes

* Trace the note in the direction of the arrow
* Will only be included in upcoming Master songs; won't be retroactively added to anything currently in-game

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo these notes are the bane of my existence.

GoXDS

deresute's original slide note is very picky and non-trivial to do. even after increasing perfect window, it's basically you get Perfect or you outright miss. and it's picky enough that even if you had a 5 note slide, you can get the end 2 slide notes but somehow miss the middle slide even though you did it in one smooth motiong?!

the newer deresute hold slide and Bang Dream's hold slide are very simple. simply tap and hold and move your finger to the ending notes (or any intermediate positions, noted by more circles or bars respectively).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0-76EjLWo opens up with the slide notes and around combo 80 you see hold slides
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOY4bs9Mol0 around combo 290 there's one, too

Sweet. Another top-tier Aqours song.

Sunshine's CG continues to be just excellent. OG Love Live! had CG to make my eyes puke while the movie did what it could to hide it. Ever since Koi ni Naritai Aquarium, though, their CG advanced to the point that Sunrise can shove it in your face and it still jumps over the uncanny valley.

I wouldn't mind at all if they just did the entire show in this CG.

Hachitora

Not a huge fan of the songs in the single. They're alright, but I prefer 2nd single way more. Maybe I just need to listen to the songs a bit more tho, but for now I'm just kinda indifferent.

But the PV had many cute Yous, so everything is good

Anony

havent posted here in a long ass time, but i gotta vent this utter bullshit

i was sitting at rank 3300-3400 in the score matches
at the same time, i was only 3 songs away from the next prize, 2 gems (or around 1100 points)

so i could have just stopped playing and *probably* went away with 3 S stickers, or play 3 more games to get 2 gems and through the power of *true* probability/RNG, most likely stayed in the same point bracket

LOW AND BE FUCKING HOLD, i get 4 blue songs in a row, my WEAKEST DECK, losing 1000 points
threw me down TWO TIERS (1 S sticker prize)
like, are you fucking kidding me, 4 fucking blue songs, so happen to be my weakest deck

JUST FUCK YOU fucking klab, fix your fucking song randomization algorithms, i know it's fucking stacked so you'll have to spend more love gems

Articalys

The ultimate whale package is now available.

https://lovelive.bushimo.jp/?p=8112/#lovelive
7a45f92203acd67a75d8c5d0d842003e.png
A guaranteed UR for the character of your choice, two 11-scouts, and a special 4th anniversary title, for the low low cost of 6000 yen. One each for μ's and Aqours per player.

Swing notes start showing up in new Master songs on the 16th, and the Master versions of the B-side songs start on May 9.

Yaari

Nice, many other mobages run a similar deal. I would've been all over that if I still played. Too bad.

Hopefully more on that PDP soon. I keep checking the site, nothing changed yet.

Articalys

Nice, many other mobages run a similar deal. I would've been all over that if I still played. Too bad.

Hopefully more on that PDP soon. I keep checking the site, nothing changed yet.
FINE
Literally all they did was reveal the picture of the 3 transfer students who we already knew who they were from the silhouettes and added basic profile info:
https://lovelive.bushimo.jp/pdp/member-profile/
Site's getting hammered as I post this, so hopefully it's working better a bit later.

They're all newly-drawn illustrations, though Emma's is just a slightly redrawn version of one of her cards; the other two are a bit more different.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://www.facebook.com/LoveLive.TW/posts/1256873301048664

RIP Taiwan server. It was good knowing you.

Specially, I had fun being able to rank without playing a billion hours (although I suppose if I combine my TW and EN play time, I could probably rank on the EN server).

I guess this explains why they repeated events though, a final bone thrown to players before they shut it down. It also makes up for the fact that TW players will have missed out on like 3 months worth of events I suppose.

For me, I have 800 loveca that I need to spend before the game dies. I'm also not sure what version of the game I want to play now...

GoXDS

are you going to retire your TW since it'll just be 2 acc in EN then? is TW getting compensation for the merge like KR did?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
are you going to retire your TW since it'll just be 2 acc in EN then? is TW getting compensation for the merge like KR did?
No details at the moment. I don't know what I'll do, since I have way more idolized SRs in TW because of the events being easier. I feel like a lot of the TW player base will end up moving to Japan or drop the game entirely (a lot of people seemed to have stopped playing).

The whales might stay, since they are crazy ass whales after all, so the stupidity of the Global tiers won't affect them.

The one problem is that even though they are the same server, I can't spend money on the TW version unless I explicitly swap over (which means finding a way to move my Global account to somewhere else). I don't know, I spent like 200 bucks on my Global account already, so giving it up entirely seems bad... but even then, it's still inferior to my TW account (with the exception of several SSRs).

I guess the plus side is that at least I don't need to do three events anymore. lol

Articalys

Bought both the spring packs ($7 total) just like with the winter packs -- fair value for a cheap price, and it's a small way to give back a bit considering I've been playing the game for just about two years now.

Also, step-up scouting for Maki is now active. After my less-than-impressive results from Umi's, wondering if I want to throw another 120 gems in.

Reference for the remaining μ's birthdays this year:
June 6 - Nozomi
July 22 - Nico
August 3 - Honoka
September 12 - Kotori
October 21 - Eli
November 1 - Rin

Spaced out relatively well, but still a decent amount of gems if you roll all the way for all of them. And if they add Aqours step-up next year AND keep the μ's ones...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The bad part about the death of TW is that I was basically saving gems for these draws. If I switch to play the TW account, there'd be no way to catch up and get enough gems to do all of them. lol

Although they are giving TW players 50 free gems as a consolation I suppose.

Articalys

Well, my Maki scouts have been oddly efficient yet simultaneously disappointing.

The 30 gem scout only had 2 SRs, though one of them was a duplicate of the very first SR I ever got with my free starting ticket, which let me idolize it. Oddly poetic.

The 40 gem scout , in a case of the worst good luck ever, had three SSRs... though of course given the circumstances, they're all the exact same thing. And it isn't even a score boost SSR...
This also means that since a UR is impossible with my luck, I'm getting at least another one from the 50 gem scout, for a total of four of the exact same Maki SSR. Do I make two versions of the idolized one, or use special practice to unlock the full six slots on just one?

edit: I called it exactly. My 50 gem scout? 10 Rs, and the SSR. The worst possible scout for that one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blew out my 800 loveca + 22 tickets in TW and got 5 UR and 6 SSR.
Then I spent like 15 loveca to buy enough slots to store everything, since stuff in the present box won't make it over (at least based on KR experience).

Articalys

On my third ever blue ticket pull, I finally got a UR.
Unfortunately, it's Rin.
But, it's an alright looking card even unidolized (this one), and it's a scorer skill on my weakest µ's color, so that helps a bit.

W-00

Yay, Aqours maid time!

One 11-scout and 8 scouting tickets later: Five new R cards, three SR cards (Kimono You and Maid Riko and Dia), and 2 SSR (Dark Dweller Yohane and Maid Chika). Chika came on my last scouting ticket.

I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the Yohane UR, but this was still a really good outcome for me. I have enough gems for another 11-pull, but I think I want to save them until the rest of the series comes out. I want that Mari, too.

Then again, I'm only 14 gems away from yet another 11-pull, and between dailies, the next event, and the bonds I've yet to max, I'll definitely have them by the time the rest of the series comes over. So should I take another shot at Yohane now, or wait until Mari and the rest are available and take two shots at them?

JoeFu

Banned

DiGiKerot

Aqours are actually performing at AX this year.

Very best of luck if you didn't have the foresight to grab a Premier pass six months ago!

(More importantly, though, WUG and a few Cinderella Girls are on the same ticket~~~)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Heh, I forgot Chinese dubs used the Japanese Kanji and just directly translate names that way... so Honoka = 穂乃果 = Sui Nai Guo. Because why not!

JoeFu

Banned
Aqours are actually performing at AX this year.

Very best of luck if you didn't have the foresight to grab a Premier pass six months ago!

(More importantly, though, WUG and a few Cinderella Girls are on the same ticket~~~)

wug? noooooo why didn't they go last year instead? :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Normals spin off to a new show please.

Also, I haven't read any of the new stories for the normals... but do they explain how they're at both the Muse and Aqours schools, or did they just give up on the premise that the player is an idol manager entirely. lol

Normals spin off to a new show please.

Also, I haven't read any of the new stories for the normals... but do they explain how they're at both the Muse and Aqours schools, or did they just give up on the premise that the player is an idol manager entirely. lol

perhaps they are honoka's crack team of special forces idol time travelers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OH MY GOD!

IT'S THE BOTS AND THEY'RE MULTIPLYING!

AND THEN THEY WIPE OUT ALL THE MEN!

AND THEN WE HAVE TO SUCCUMB TO THE RULE OF LOVE LIVE!

AND THUS THEY BECOME LITERAL IDOLS AS WE WORSHIP THEM!

THIS IS THE TRUE STORY!

Hachitora

I thought the normies went to their own school

W-00

I thought the normies went to their own school

Schools, actually. I think each set of nine is supposed to go to a different school. For example, I think Emma, Rebecca, Jennifer, Leo, Ranpha, and Rakshata go to an international school, while the Konoe sisters go to another and Ryou and Koyuki go to a third.

Although... looking it up on one of the wikis, I see their schools listed as "Former School", so I don't know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, you can tell they go to different schools by the uniforms.

The "story" has never made sense.

You are a new club member and yet never participate in the club activities in the µ's and aqours storylines. You are tasked with recruiting members to the club and yet they all go to different schools. These new members also never seem to even acknowledge µ's.

Oh and you go to an all girls school yet the text is written like they're all hitting on you to appease the male audience.

Top Bottom