• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Low-Tier Avatar Wars: Anime vs The Alphabet

Which is lower-tier?

• Anime Avatars

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Letterposters

Votes: 49 67.1%

• Total voters

Shifty

Read the vote question before you click, scrub!

Low-tier avatars, they're everywhere. Login to any discussion platform worth its salt and you'll witness them in droves.

We've all seen them, but until today nobody has asked the vital question: Which is the lowest-tier of all? Which should I pick if I want to main some S-Tier garbage and clown on my opponent with the joke character?

They take many forms, but for this inaugural title match we'll be focusing on a matchup near and dear to many a gaffer's heart.

In the red corner
Anime Avatars
b12440d8ed41fee7a58116ecccd108d2.png

Height
96px

Weight
Two-dimensional

Birthplace
Japan

Birth date
Varies

Notable Characteristics
-They're everywhere (everywhere)
- Mostly waifus
- Persona, The True Self™
- May include boobs
- (Based @Whataburger)

In the blue corner
Letterposters
a506fa4fb59dd7e346264c1491181386.png

Height
96px

Weight
One 8-bit integer

Birthplace
Xenforo

Birth date
January 6th, 2018

Notable Characteristics
They're everywhere (on GAF) -
Autogenerated on signup, no effort required -
You get an achievement for replacing them with literally anything else -
No defining characteristics to speak of -
Literally who -​

So, without further ado...

The following contest scheduled for one fall,
is for the NeoGAF Avatarmania Low-Tier Championship Belt.

ROUND 1
Anime Avatars vs Letterposters

b12440d8ed41fee7a58116ecccd108d2.png
VS
a506fa4fb59dd7e346264c1491181386.png

FIGHT!

Last edited:

tkscz

While I don't care for the anime art style as much as I did when I was a young lad, it's still something. The letters are blanks, or sometimes people who just won't get a damn avatar.

Isn't there a thread where someone makes one for you?

brap

Banned
So many alphabet avatars banned for spewing the dumbest shit. Anime avatars are incels but they can usually control themselves.

Papa

Banned
Nothing worst than a forum celeb dick rider.

Bants or bounce, bitch.

Boss Mog

We should separate regular anime avatars from loli pedo shit, because a regular anime avatar is okay I guess but that other stuff is complete trash and the second lowest tier possible with only furry/my little pony avatars being worse as the absolute lowest of the lows.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anime avatars are for losers who live in their mom's basements. Letter avatars are for people who don't need to feel special.

9AeKMyC.jpg

We should separate regular anime avatars from loli pedo shit, because a regular anime avatar is okay I guess but that other stuff is complete trash and the second lowest tier possible with only furry/my little pony avatars being worse as the absolute lowest of the lows.
You know furries like Mogs right? Like REALLY like them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shifty

Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear that Letterposters have taken a strong early lead and dominated the match so far with over 60% of the votes!
And some folks in the crowd are holding up signs with lewd imagery! Others with only single letters! What a spectacle!
Will Anime Avatars make a surprise comeback as the other hemisphere of the GAF world wakes up, or are they doomed to higher tierdom than their erstwhile opponent?

Find out after a message from our sponsors.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

They chose a good color for my avatar.
A subtle shade of puke green, quite :unsure:

Isn't there a thread where someone makes one for you?
Yeah, it's still knocking around somewhere. Hasn't been super active for a while though, outside of this work of art by local auter @Melon:

yXnoHJ8.jpg

Just start the Fat Val Kilmer avatars vs regular avatars thread already.
It's in the bracket. We're still hashing out details, paying off other people's people, and trying desparately to book Val for a live stage appearance before making any announcements.

furry/my little pony avatars being worse as the absolute lowest of the lows.
Ugh, I had all but managed to forget MLP avatars.

Ugh.

An account without an avatar is like a person without a face; I can't recognize or remember you.
:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Bitch, you speak when one of your forum celeb boyfriends allows you to speak. Zip it.
Nice day at the beach? :messenger_sun:

Last edited:
Top Bottom