• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

LowTierGod and Ceroblast banned from all Evo events for "hateful racial and transphobic language"

Whitesnake

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
There is absolutely nothing consistent about this. LTG's ban is a surprise to literally nobody, he's a moron. His whole gig is literally to be as toxic of a moron as possible.

Cero's ban on the other hand is the literal equivalent of "digging up some shit on twitter to get someone banned" and it actually working.

Shittalk is in the DNA of the FGC, and LTG has ALWAYS been an extreme outlier......so now that we're banning people, we're now deciding that Ceroblast's history is as inflammatory as Low Tier God's and thus is equally banworthy?

Grade-A stupid ass clown shit. The hypocrisy of people praising this counterban is crazy to me, i don't think the internet knows what it wants anymore.

We're now praising someone getting banned for shit talking someone who was shit talking them first. The fuck is even going on anymore

You don't seem to understand that saying both actions are ban-worthy is not the same as saying both are completely identical. Not a single person said they were exactly the same, and it would be much appreciated if you stopped pretending that people are arguing that.

If offensiveness gets you banned from the FGC (and I don’t think it should, btw), then a non-black person calling a black man the n-word should absolutely qualify. If shit-talk is to be done away with, shit-talk with a racial component seems like it ought to be the first thing banned.

LGT being worse does not somehow magically free Cero from all consequences.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
I'm not defending low tier scrub, my point is that because of e-sports you don't get any sort of trash talking or grudge matches which what made the FGC different and highly entertaining.

Re-read my post, i put the video as an example.

Well I mean yes, i can agree with that. E-sports is going to cull the kind of FGC experience that you'll only see at locals. But I don't think it really means that much -- when you broadcast something to the general public, it's always going to have to go through filters, and the less it goes through the less people it's going to legally be able to reach.

It's unfortunate but it's just how things work.

You don't seem to understand that saying both actions are ban-worthy is not the same as saying both are completely identical. Not a single person said they were exactly the same, and it would be much appreciated if you stopped pretending that people are arguing that.

If offensiveness gets you banned from the FGC (and I don’t think it should, btw), then a non-black person calling a black man the n-word should absolutely qualify. If shit-talk is to be done away with, shit-talk with a racial component seems like it ought to be the first thing banned.

LGT being worse does not somehow magically free Cero from all consequences.

I understand the difference between equivalence and being ban-worthy on its own merits. My issue is that the conditions that got Cero banned are significantly more nebulous than the ones that got LTG banned, which are pretty cut-and-dry, and this sort of thing really hasn't happened before or Cero absolutely wouldn't have been the first one.

Given that the amount of actual evidence of racial biggotry we've gotten from Cero is, again, very nebulous, it seems more and more like this was a "shut the other side up" ban vs. an ACTUAL "this person is toxic and shouldn't be here" ban.

Which is inherently political and i'm baffled that so many people here are okay with it.

LTG's ban isn't political -- He is aggressively and personally toxic to people that he plays and is offensive far beyond a level of "oh he's just joking" or "just competitive shit-talk". He's the kind of person that says some crazy personal shit to you online, but you're expected to just be cool with him in-person? Naw. The kind of "shit-talk" that LTG is known for is decidedly different from 99.9% of the kind of shit-talk that happens between competitors or rivals in the FGC.

Now, it's entirely possible that Cero has said some shit in PMs or out of view that could warrant this ban, but nobody has seen the shit. So this seems like a very hazy, low-hanging fruit kind of ban that's only happening deliberately to shut up the "OMG SOCIAL JUSTICE INFECTION BANS FREE-TALKER TO SAVE LGBTQ PERSON" idiots and has no other actual function.

But Cero's ban (From what I can gather) seems to be:

*something happens*
Guy who happens to be black : " Cero blocked me? He soft"
Cero : "whatever nigga, suck my dick"
*Cero is racist and should be banned*

If you can't even respond to someone coming at you with the same energy they came at you with, then yall should be way more concered with Cero's ban than LTG's.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Nymphae
Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Regardless of this incident, these orignizers have sanitized the FGC beyond recognition all in order to get that sweet ESPN $$$.

What made the FGC so fun to watch was the trash talking and grudge matches, it's the same thing that makes watching wrestling fun and drew in viewers, hell it what made boxing so hot in the 60's-70's with the trash talking of Ali.

This "inclusivity" shit has killed what makes competition fun, now men have to argue and hiss at each others backs like literal teenage girls.

What you're seeing there is low life , rachet sh*t like Housewives of the FGC that Alex Valle instigated for a while to get that "grudge" match set up. If you want to see a real long going rivalry with actual GOOD players look at K-Brad vs Wolfkrone. They actually hate each other . Also ChrisG vs...well anyone really but I think Filipino Champ is his demon

There is MUCH more than this video alone

Last edited:

Helios

Jun 13, 2018
Beyond the Colors of Time
This whole thing is so dumb. LTG is trash but from the vods you could see that Cero clearly wasn't offended by what LTG said. So why act offended on twitter afterwards? Clout? I guess that backfired.
Either way this opens up such a Pandora Box that I'm going to be watching from the side-lines with a sack of popcorn ready. If Cero got banned for saying the N word with an A than I guess all these people are not going to show up to events either. Unless Bailey arbitrarily chooses a set number of years because "people change".
Has he ever even been on stream anywhere for big tournaments? The only place I've seen this guy outside of his stream and rage quit comps,
Yeah, but I've never seen him get out of pools.
is that FGC reality TV show thing where everyone was in a house together, I forget the name.
He was the first to go home.

Reactions: dolabla and Nymphae

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
What was the transphobic thing said?
Calling another player a nigger is extremely unsportsmanlike and I would've banned the guy from tournaments, too.

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
This whole thing is so dumb. LTG is trash but from the vods you could see that Cero clearly wasn't offended by what LTG said. So why act offended on twitter afterwards? Clout? I guess that backfired.
Either way this opens up such a Pandora Box that I'm going to be watching from the side-lines with a sack of popcorn ready. If Cero got banned for saying the N word with an A than I guess all these people are not going to show up to events either. Unless Bailey arbitrarily chooses a set number of years because "people change".

this isn't even a situation of "people change".

it's simply "people code switch depending on their surroundings".

Chen and Wong casually saying the N-word in an FGC full of black and minority people isn't surprising or shocking or weird.

but throw in twitter and all the sudden everyone's acting all brand new and shit

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Whitesnake

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I understand the difference between equivalence and being ban-worthy on its own merits. My issue is that the conditions that got Cero banned are significantly more nebulous than the ones that got LTG banned, which are pretty cut-and-dry, and this sort of thing really hasn't happened before or Cero absolutely wouldn't have been the first one.

Given that the amount of actual evidence of racial biggotry we've gotten from Cero is, again, very nebulous, it seems more and more like this was a "shut the other side up" ban vs. an ACTUAL "this person is toxic and shouldn't be here" ban.

Which is inherently political and i'm baffled that so many people here are okay with it.

LTG's ban isn't political -- He is aggressively and personally toxic to people that he plays and is offensive far beyond a level of "oh he's just joking" or "just competitive shit-talk". He's the kind of person that says some crazy personal shit to you online, but you're expected to just be cool with him in-person? Naw. The kind of "shit-talk" that LTG is known for is decidedly different from 99.9% of the kind of shit-talk that happens between competitors or rivals in the FGC.

Now, it's entirely possible that Cero has said some shit in PMs or out of view that could warrant this ban, but nobody has seen the shit. So this seems like a very hazy, low-hanging fruit kind of ban that's only happening deliberately to shut up the "OMG SOCIAL JUSTICE INFECTION BANS FREE-TALKER TO SAVE LGBTQ PERSON" idiots and has no other actual function.

You seem to believe that the basis of someone being banned should be a judgement of all of their actions and bahaviors throughout their lifetime, and you seem to believe that someone should not be banned for simply breaking You still keep going off about LTG’s character when that’s not being discussed. He wasn’t banned for everything he’s ever said, if he was he would’ve been banned a LONG time ago. He was banned for this specific incident where he used slurs against a trans person.

If that is considered ban-worthy, then it only makes that using a racial slur against a black person is ban-worthy too.

*something happens*

If you can't even respond to someone coming at you with the same energy they came at you with, then yall should be way more concered with Cero's ban than LTG's.

Just because you believe this behavior is absolutely fine and acceptable doesn’t mean everyone else has to feel the same way. You’re trying your hardest to find a contradiction where there is none, the higher-ups at EVO evidently want to get rid of people who say targeted offensive malicious shit publicly, and both parties have done that.

Again, I don’t think EITHER of them should be banned (does LTG even go to tournaments anymore?), and I think banning people for shit-talk is a bitch move fueled by a trend towards progressive family-friendly PR, but if that is the direction we’re going in then it has to apply to EVERYONE.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Oct 2, 2019
What you're seeing there is low life , rachet sh*t like Housewives of the FGC that Alex Valle instigated for a while to get that "grudge" match set up. If you want to see a real long going rivalry with actual GOOD players look at K-Brad vs Wolfkrone. They actually hate each other . Also ChrisG vs...well anyone really but I think Filipino Champ is his demon

There is MUCH more than this video alone
Yeah that's decent but where's the trash talking and promos?
I'll tell you because all of these sponsers don't want that, it's bad cause it's 2000+20 we need to be super nice to each other.

Look at this video:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Gotta get those outrage points from the REEtard crowd and twitter. LTG has and probably always will be a shit talker who likes to rage quit. That makes for some funny entertainment. Instead of being a freaking tattletale, talk shit back like Viscant did his ass. That was too funny.

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
You seem to believe that the basis of someone being banned should be a judgement of all of their actions and bahaviors throughout their lifetime, and you seem to believe that someone should not be banned for simply breaking You still keep going off about LTG’s character when that’s not being discussed. He wasn’t banned for everything he’s ever said, if he was he would’ve been banned a LONG time ago. He was banned for this specific incident where he used slurs against a trans person.

If that is considered ban-worthy, then it only makes that using a racial slur against a black person is ban-worthy too.

Except "nigga" is not a racial slur within context and the FGC knows this. I'm sure EVO's TOs know this too.

Sure, people who live outside of an area where "nigga" is a common word in everyday language will struggle to understand this kind of (somewhat obvious) nuance. But the FGC is not such an environment. So, again, banning Cero for his use of the n-word is going to open up a massive can of worms because they banned him on extremely nebulous terms.

Look at Helios Helios ' post above with people like Chen and Wong saying nigga within perfectly normal context that nobody batted an eye. At this very moment, due to Cero's ban, Wong and Chen are now perfectly within the realm of being banned for "racial slurs" the same as Cero is.

My issue isn't that Cero got banned at the same time LTG did. My problem is that it was very obviously a kneejerk reaction, and it has consequences. If EVO just up and decided that "only black people can say nigga" then that's news to me and all the non-black people i know who use the word while surrounded by black people.

Like, i get WHY they banned them, obviously. But it was really stupid.

Gotta get those outrage points from the REEtard crowd and twitter. LTG has and probably always will be a shit talker who likes to rage quit. That makes for some funny entertainment. Instead of being a freaking tattletale, talk shit back like Viscant did his ass. That was too funny.

the irony is that this seems to be exactly what Cero got banned for.

A player posting LTG's personal insult assualt against them online is not at all uncommon, like 90% of LTG videos on youtube are people uploading him raging against them. They just generally don't happen to be trans (and LTG's comments this time around were particularly offensive ) and so the swift ban wasn't as likely to happen.

So Cero shaming LTG is par for the course. There are dozens of streamers with LTG videos online right now, Cero did nothing out of the ordinary.

EVO and Twitter just handled this whole situation like idiots and it keeps getting worse

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: dolabla and Nymphae

Jigsaah

Jan 31, 2018
I don't know who Cero is but she is definitely trans:

I'm guessing they were shittalking each other and the black guy called her a "tranny" or something and then she dropped the n-bomb? Gaming has really gone to shit if people can't even shittalk anymore.

Nevermind, looks like they literally just made stereotype jokes at each other and incited black Twitter and trans Twitter against the other lmao

It's a double edged intersectional pincer attack.
I only got one question...

WTF does non-binary mean exactly?

Edit: googled it

Non-binary can be defined as: Identifying as either having a gender which is in-between or beyond the two categories 'man' and 'woman, as fluctuating between 'man' and woman', or as having no gender, either permanently or some of the time.[1]

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Except "nigga" is not a racial slur within context and the FGC knows this. I'm sure EVO's TOs know this too.

Sure, people who live outside of an area where "nigga" is a common word in everyday language will struggle to understand this kind of (somewhat obvious) nuance. But the FGC is not such an environment. So, again, banning Cero for his use of the n-word is going to open up a massive can of worms because they banned him on extremely nebulous terms.

Look at Helios Helios Helios Helios ' post above with people like Chen and Wong saying nigga within perfectly normal context that nobody batted an eye. At this very moment, due to Cero's ban, Wong and Chen are now perfectly within the realm of being banned for "racial slurs" the same as Cero is.

My issue isn't that Cero got banned at the same time LTG did. My problem is that it was very obviously a kneejerk reaction, and it has consequences. If EVO just up and decided that "only black people can say nigga" then that's news to me and all the non-black people i know who use the word while surrounded by black people.

Like, i get WHY they banned them, obviously. But it was really stupid.

I absolutely realize that the FGC was once a lot looser and let people communicate freely.

Unfortunately, we’re not in those times anymore. EVO and other big NA tournaments are getting big money and lots of promotion, but when community events go from being jerry-rigged gatherings to large corporate entities, they get lots of pressure and restrictions.

Evidently, the higher-ups of FGC events don‘t want to piss of any pearl-clutchers, which is why they also do shit like banning certain Street Fighter costumes, cutting off Dead or Alive events, getting rid of "thuggery", making sure commentary is safe and politically-correct, etc.

I don’t like this direction either, but this specific instance is probably the least-egregious example of it that I’ve seen.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

entremet

Dec 6, 2008
"Whatever nigga" got him banned?

So the EVO people gonna pretend like they never stepped foot in a local before? This was a stupid ass counterban.

I'm surprised LTG wasn't long since been banned from tournaments/locals after his shit with Viscant, but if we're banning people over "nigga" then like 75% of the FGC is on the chopping block.

The thing that makes Cero's ban so stupid is because I KNOW the FGC is diverse as fuck an can easily tell a malicious "nigga" from a general one.....so this was very clearly an "appease the other side before we become controversial" ban that isn't going to end well for anyone.

This whole thing is why Twitter is trash. The internet is regressing.
These are businesses with huge corporate sponsors. No one wants to deal with the bad PR. It's not the 90s and early 2000s anymore.

It seems some FGC old heads haven't adjusted. The world changed and will continue to change.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006

It means that even though all these people identify as a man or a women in the end (which they all do) they want a special category to fit them.

I'm accepting of people being "trans" because there is a biological argument for it - we know that there are neurological sexual dimorphisms, that they develop later than body sexual dimorphisms (i.e. vagina, uterus, and ovaries vs penis and testicles) and that sometimes that later neurological development is altered or inhibited. If you believe there are neurological differences between men and women (which there are) it makes sense that it is possible that a male could have a women's brain structure (or whatever differences constitute that), and vice versa.

The "non-binary" shit flies in the face of that and denies that there is this biological dichotomy - man and women for gender (sex of the brain), male and female for sex (sex of the body) - and says that people can be in-between these. Of course, this "non-binary" gamer dresses in form fitting dresses and is obviously trying to look as feminine as possible, so lol

A lot of the non-binary types will also claim to be intersex (non-binary is to gender what intersex is to sex) and use ridiculous examples like birth defects to claim that there are not two sexes.

INC

Jan 8, 2018

Non-binary can be defined as: Identifying as either having a gender which is in-between or beyond the two categories 'man' and 'woman, as fluctuating between 'man' and woman', or as having no gender, either permanently or some of the time.[1]

I don't understand either, back in my day that was just bisexual, I find it all very confusing in my old age. So is that like a man choosing not to believe he has a penis? As said I dont get it tbh

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

It's a completely made up term that the loons of the extreme left have latched on to the last few years. In others word, more stupid shit coming from lala land again.

Jigsaah

Jan 31, 2018
It means that even though all these people identify as a man or a women in the end (which they all do) they want a special category to fit them.

I'm accepting of people being "trans" because there is a biological argument for it - we know that there are neurological sexual dimorphisms, that they develop later than body sexual dimorphisms (i.e. vagina, uterus, and ovaries vs penis and testicles) and that sometimes that later neurological development is altered or inhibited. If you believe there are neurological differences between men and women (which there are) it makes sense that it is possible that a male could have a women's brain structure (or whatever differences constitute that), and vice versa.

The "non-binary" shit flies in the face of that and denies that there is this biological dichotomy - man and women for gender (sex of the brain), male and female for sex (sex of the body) - and says that people can be in-between these. Of course, this "non-binary" gamer dresses in form fitting dresses and is obviously trying to look as feminine as possible, so lol

A lot of the non-binary types will also claim to be intersex (non-binary is to gender what intersex is to sex) and use ridiculous examples like birth defects to claim that there are not two sexes.

i mean I get trans. You feel like you're a man in a woman's body or vice versa. The inbetween thing...and fluctuating? What? Or it can be having no gender? How do you not have a gender? That's like...a robot.

I guess my issue is that it feels made up for the purposes that reflect a societal need to belong to something unique, rather than hard science.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
i mean I get trans. You feel like you're a man in a woman's body or vice versa. The inbetween thing...and fluctuating? What? Or it can be having no gender? How do you not have a gender? That's like...a robot.

I guess my issue is that it feels made up for the purposes that reflect a societal need to belong to something unique, rather than hard science.

It is, definitely. Before it died, Tumblr was full of people who identified as a whole host of crazy things, and non-binary was really the start of it. Any identity that is not stable (non-binary, fluid, multiple system, etc.) is either attention seeking or mental illness.

Reactions: Jigsaah and Nymphae

Helios

Jun 13, 2018
Beyond the Colors of Time
Man, that's competition..... it's fierce in the FGC. Especially the real fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken....
Banning people for this stuff is making the whole scene duller, all they need to do is make sure no real assault or fighting happens.
The whole fighting community in general is a bunch of kids. It's insane.
The duality of neogaf :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

rickyEGM

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I dont get this, surely LTG never attended Evo. 1/ he's nowhere near good enough and 2/ he has more enemies than the Taliban.
You don't have to be good to attend or compete at Evo. There's no qualifiers and it's the most entered tournament every year by a huge margin. Probably 90% of the people who enter, suck at the game and have no chance of making it past four rounds.

angelic

Apr 18, 2013
You don't have to be good to attend or compete at Evo. There's no qualifiers and it's the most entered tournament every year by a huge margin. Probably 90% of the people who enter, suck at the game and have no chance of making it past four rounds.

Yes but hes setting himself up for failure and to be mocked. I love LTG for the record, hes hilarious, and im against all this anti free speech bullshit.

GreatnessRD

Jun 30, 2017
Baltimore, MD
LowTierFraud is a clown. Ceroblast is meh.

But I really came here to laugh at "non-binary transexual person" Like, da fuck is that? A Robot?

I swear they couldn't have told me this back in high school that this would be the world today. Yo identifies as a frying pan. I love it, lol

• LOL

DoctaThompson

Banned
Jan 5, 2020
Big Caulk County
IIRC, LTG never got out of qualifier's pools at EVO, ever. I could be wrong. But it honestly wouldn't matter if he went or not....Not like he could secure a W against most attendees anyways.

Reactions: Caffeine

Caffeine

Jan 17, 2013
Idk if people should be banned by tournament code of conducts for sloppy online matches. Not even on tournament grounds The fgc was full of trash talking back in the day. They are hardly insults dude just said stop pussy footing and trans all the way and whatever nigga lol is just a dismissal. Also fuck all these people policing the internet to have people cancelled

Gargus

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
I'm ok with punishment against a person who makes threats or actual violence, deprivation of service, or anything that directly effects a person or people that involve hate of some sort. But I won't agree with this.

Tolerance means you tolerate something you don't like. And this is a instance of intolerance. They have a right to be racist and say as much. If we were a tolerance society then they would just be ignored. But it seems tolerance is only one way in our society. You have to tolerate as a individual what society says you should but society should not tolerate you as a individual.

Now if he said these things at a tournament then I can understand the ban. But what he says on his own time is his own thing. He has the right to say what he wants on his own time, it's his freedom of speech. Even the kkk I will never agree with, but they are still allowed to think and say what they want, as long as they aren't committing a crime against someone or a group of people.

Racist people and such would actually dissapear if people would just ignore them. Lashing out at them just makes them dig their heels in even more. Don't like racism or homophobia? Then stop talking about it, stop giving those people attention. Attention is what fuels them. To get rid of those people requires a long game, but no one wants that they just want to punish them into going away and that won't ever work. Changing people's minds takes a long time and even then it's impossible to change everyone's minds and you have to accept hateful people will always be around and taking away their power means ignoring them.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

*something happens*

"Whatever nigga, suck my dick" isn't banworthy?

Just more evidence that "woke" people are full of shit. They love harsh rules when it applies to people they dislike, but as soon as they feel blowback they start crying and making excuses.

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
"Whatever nigga, suck my dick" isn't banworthy?

Just more evidence that "woke" people are full of shit. They love harsh rules when it applies to people they dislike, but as soon as they feel blowback they start crying and making excuses.

Low Tier God, to CeroBlast, immediately after a ragequit where he got crush counter swept twice in a row because he doesn't know how to poke correctly:

- "Fucking faggot ass nigga. He aint trans, he didn't fuckin get his dick slit, he aint got the balls....How he gonna go 50%?.....if you really about that life, get your dick split like a fuckin hotdog, tuck it in, make a pussy and a clitoris out of your dick. Scary ass mother fucker.

While you sittin here playing Street Fighter, bitch. Playin' that shit 24/7."

CeroBlast, responding to some guy whom he apparently blocked, calling him soft:

- "Whatever nigga. Eat my ass."

You think LTG's ban was a result of "harsh rules"? Literally any company on this planet with a self-respecting image would have banned him for that tirade.

What exactly does "WOKE" mean to you?

Last edited:
  • LOL