• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

LowTierGod and Ceroblast banned from all Evo events for "hateful racial and transphobic language"

Ahjumbie

Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Should they be able to purchase groceries?
Funny you should say that . There are people right now in Brooklyn who cannot buy groceries at the local place because they have been banned for one reason or another . Their pictures are on the wall to not let them back in . It's usually for either stealing , trying to defraud (fake bills/checks/stole CC) or just cause a nuisance to other customers. You can be an a$$hole all you want, no one can stop you but don't be surprised when they deal with you accordingly .

Javthusiast

Mar 20, 2017
Dont fucking use twitter

How many 🥳 teens will have to get fucked later in their lives by twitter?

Do 👏
Not👏
Use👏
Twitter👏

Exactly. Never use it to put your thoughts out into the world. Be like me and use it only to get pics from hot cosplayers and 2d waifu drawings.

• LOL
Reactions: Spukc

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
You can be an a$$hole all you want, no one can stop you but don't be surprised when they deal with you accordingly .

I get that though, those are examples of punishment for criminal action, and I don't subscribe to the notion that what amounts to name calling should be considered criminal, provided it isn't at the level of harassment. This feels like punishment for not having a similar world view.

INC

Jan 8, 2018
I get that though, those are examples of punishment for criminal action, and I don't subscribe to the notion that what amounts to name calling should be considered criminal, provided it isn't at the level of harassment. This feels like punishment for not having a similar world view.

I wouldnt worry, LTG is mentally unshakable

• LOL
Reactions: Nymphae

Ahjumbie

Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv
It's not criminal as there is nothing they can do legally and nor should they be able to BUT they do say if you want to do XYZ with us at our event you have to behave in a certain manner. If you do not , then fine we can't stop you , we just won't deal with you and don't come to or interact with our events .

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
It's not criminal as there is nothing they can do legally and nor should they be able to BUT they do say if you want to do XYZ with us at our event you have to behave in a certain manner.

Totally agree, they should have the right to police the activity at the events they host. Banning members for this shit that was done elsewhere is dumb I think, and opens up a big can of worms, how far back are you going to look for offences? Where's the line and who gets passes?

Reactions: Ahjumbie

Ahjumbie

Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Totally agree, they should have the right to police the activity at the events they host. Banning members for this shit that was done elsewhere is dumb I think, and opens up a big can of worms, how far back are you going to look for offences? Where's the line and who gets passes?
I think it's dumb the other way. Can't behave one way to appease people then behave a completely different way elsewhere . That's some two faced sh*t . Not only are they are being banned for their behavior they are being banned for the basis of their character. What's the point of letting someone who puts on a face for your tourney and then turns around and does al this other BS while not there ?

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Can't behave one way to appease people then behave a completely different way elsewhere

I think you can though. Maybe I'm a racist, but if I can keep it together and not break the tournament rules while I'm there, why should I not be able to participate? Because my world view is different than yours and I said something somewhere else once that hurt feelings?

I don't think that would be "two-faced" at all, to simply refrain from bringing your politics or whatnot to your professional venues and focus on the reason everyone is there - to compete. I'm sure LTG wasn't dropping massive N-bombs and calling people faggots at CPT events, even he probably has enough common sense to keep things on the DL in some venues. Which is not him trying to pull one over on anyone, it's simply respecting the space you're in.

I'm not in favour of banning people from anything purely on the basis of their politics when no criminal activity has occurred.

Casanova

Oct 6, 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
I think you can though. Maybe I'm a racist, but if I can keep it together and not break the tournament rules while I'm there, why should I not be able to participate? Because my world view is different than yours and I said something somewhere else once that hurt feelings?

I don't think that would be "two-faced" at all, to simply refrain from bringing your politics or whatnot to your professional venues and focus on the reason everyone is there - to compete. I'm sure LTG wasn't dropping massive N-bombs and calling people faggots at CPT events, even he probably has enough common sense to keep things on the DL in some venues. Which is not him trying to pull one over on anyone, it's simply respecting the space you're in.

I'm not in favour of banning people from anything purely on the basis of their politics when no criminal activity has occurred.

Again, politics is different than blatant hate-speech. Using hate-speech shows a lack of respect and character, and really has no place on a public platform. Everyone knows which words are actually hate-speech, and the shitty people among them choose to use hate-speech anyway. It's not some cryptic puzzle to solve. Words do matter, and some of those words are clearly hate-speech and have been used in acts of hate for a long time. Private companies should and do have the liberty to make determinations of what individuals they want to do business with, especially when it comes to a public display of character, honesty, ethics, crime history, etc. Group discrimination on the other hand (i.e. a business policy of "no blacks, gays, trans people, or people who like guns") is blatant discrimination without actually considering the individual. It's really easy to understand what should and should not be tolerable on a public forum. Again, it's not some complicated puzzle. There's hate-speech that become really problematic used openly in public forums.

Last edited:

Ahjumbie

Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv

Do not believe you're racist at all.

They will say you can't participate because they know what you're(not YOU but you know what I mean) about and it is their tournament and you are easily replaceable. They know when you leave what you're going to do and say and how you're going to behave . Why would they want to associate with someone like that? It could be for moral reasons(unlikely) , Financial reasons(most likely) and any number of other things .

Also I think it is being two faced. As a matter of fact it's almost the very definition of being two faced.

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Again, politics is different than blatant hate-speech. Using hate-speech shows a lack of respect and character, and really has no place on a public platform.

Meh, one man's politics is another man's hate speech. Perhaps the platforms it was spoken on should do something about the activity on said platforms.

Everyone knows which words are actually hate-speech, and the shitty people among them choose to use hate-speech anyway.

Everyone knows what taboo words are of course, many however care less than we are demanded to by our cultural betters. They are words. I do not support the criminalization of speech.

Private companies should and do have the liberty to make determinations of what individuals they want to do business with, especially when it comes to a public display of character, honesty, ethics, crime history, etc.

They can and do. I think Capcom should be concerned about activity that goes on at their own events, and not about trying to be the woke police for things that occurred outside of their events. If that were the case, it would be a simple matter of just policing what goes on at the events - all are welcome who follow the rules here. Instead, now people rightfully ask "well what about this thing X said over here?" Now they look like hypocrites for not actively punishing other instances of quote unquote offensive language.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Again, politics is different than blatant hate-speech. Using hate-speech shows a lack of respect and character, and really has no place on a public platform. Everyone knows which words are actually hate-speech, and the shitty people among them choose to use hate-speech anyway. It's not some cryptic puzzle to solve. Words do matter, and some of those words are clearly hate-speech and have been used in acts of hate for a long time. Private companies should and do have the liberty to make determinations of what individuals they want to do business with, especially when it comes to a public display of character, honesty, ethics, crime history, etc. Group discrimination on the other hand (i.e. a business policy of "no blacks, gays, trans people, or people who like guns") is blatant discrimination without actually considering the individual. It's really easy to understand what should and should not be tolerable on a public forum. Again, it's not some complicated puzzle. There's hate-speech that become really problematic used openly in public forums.

Those rules change almost daily. Things that were acceptable last year are now risque. Things that were risque last year are now unacceptable. Those that were unacceptable last year are now hate speech.

People can easily use "hate speech" with absolutely no malice or evil in their hearts.

• Fire

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Do not believe you're racist at all.

I appreciate that lol.

They will say you can't participate because they know what you're(not YOU but you know what I mean) about and it is their tournament and you are easily replaceable. They know when you leave what you're going to do and say and how you're going to behave . Why would they want to associate with someone like that? It could be for moral reasons(unlikely) , Financial reasons(most likely) and any number of other things .

Also I think it is being two faced. As a matter of fact it's almost the very definition of being two faced.

I still don't think it's two faced at all, two faced would be him coming to an event and being really nice to homosexuals or trans people, and then going on stream and making fun of them. Simply going to the event to compete and keeping your shit in check is not two faced, it's understanding that the tournament hosts and officials might not appreciate that shit in their house where you are playing, and keeping your mouth shut to follow rules.

• Thoughtful

Ahjumbie

Mar 26, 2013
www.twitch.tv
I still don't think it's two faced at all, two faced would be him coming to an event and being really nice to homosexuals or trans people, and then going on stream and making fun of them. Simply going to the event to compete and keeping your shit in check is not two faced, it's understanding that the tournament hosts and officials might not appreciate that shit in their house where you are playing, and keeping your mouth shut to follow rules.
We have a fundamental difference then on what two faced is . Someone who smiles in my face and then goes and talks sh*t about me when I'm not with in earshot is exactly what I consider 2 faced. This is not someone who is disagreeing with someones view on politics or religion or something . This is a person who spouts homophobic and racist sh*t . This is someone who disagrees with your very existence .

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
We have a fundamental difference then on what two faced is . Someone who smiles in my face and then goes and talks sh*t about me when I'm not with in earshot is exactly what I consider 2 faced.

I don't think we are in disagreement though lol. I'm saying he doesn't go to the events and smile at the homosexuals, he simply doesn't engage with them in any way outside of what is required for competition. If he did go and smile at them and try to act as though he was cool with them or whatever, and then later talks shit about them, yeah that's two faced. Refraining from presenting your opinion to me is not the same as pretending to have the opposite one.

Last edited:

Casanova

Oct 6, 2012
Meh, one man's politics is another man's hate speech. Perhaps the platforms it was spoken on should do something about the activity on said platforms.

Everyone knows what taboo words are of course, many however care less than we are demanded to by our cultural betters. They are words. I do not support the criminalization of speech.

Nope, sorry. There's a clear difference. Political beliefs are defined differently than hate-speech and discrimination. They're not synonymous with one another. Period. You're playing mental gymnastics with yourself. Also, just because it is hate-speech, does not mean it is a criminal act. I'm 100% for free speech. Criminality is up to the courts to determine if it's a legal matter. On a public forum, however, these words are damaging and spread hate. So, it'd be cool if you or other entitled people quit pretending like you're entitled to use words that spread hate on public forums without getting called out for being a shitty person with really poor self-control and use of words (or banned from public events, for that matter).

Last edited:

Casanova

Oct 6, 2012
I disagree that words are significantly damaging. The platforms can do what they want with activity they host.

You don't get to decide whether or not the vulgar use of words are going to be significantly damaging or offensive to someone else or not, but I imagine you have a pretty solid understanding of what words are most likely to be damaging to people and to the public because they instill hate and discrimination. This isn't a nursery rhyme (sticks and stones may break my bones), it's real life, and words actually do matter. I think one of the big issues is that some people just lack the self-control or resilient ego to stop themselves from saying words that they truly feel that they are entitled to say. It's like a child who wants to say "butt" and "poopy", but waits until their parents walk out of the room to say it under their breath. It's really just a childish pull to protect your own ego and sense of whatever power or voice you think you have and are entitled to, which is probably why it is especially prominent on the internet with anti-PC internet warriors under the guise of "meh freedom and meh free speech". Pretty rudimentary, really - but hey, if it helps your ego sustain itself then that's fine I guess. Feel free to keep using the "faggot" card like shitty people kept using the N-word to protect their own fragile ego's over time, as long as it makes YOU feel better about yourselves because it's just a "fun word to use". I'll just sit here being the fag that I am, just pretending to not take offense to a shitty word that y'alls ego so obviously and deeply needs to sustain itself. But, I would love to see you scream "faggot" to people or to your friends in a highly public setting in real life because "it's just a fun word to use" and see if your ego can handle the backlash for very long in that setting. I bet you really think it will, but it really wouldn't. Be fun to see though.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Look I don't think anyone should use the words, I don't use them myself and I think anyone who does is being an edgelord. You can express all of your thoughts with socially acceptable, non controversial words. I think the most retarded aspect of this shit is the double standard around the BIG N. You want me to take it seriously? Stop fucking saying it then black people, take it as seriously as you want me to. Let it fucking go.

And I'm even fine with Capcom stating that this sort of behaviour has no place at their events and policing those as they see fit. What bugs me here is that they've now opened themselves up to reviewing anything ever said by an FGC member. We've already heard people piping up with well what about Yipes saying this on this platform 3 years ago, or James Chen saying that, etc, those guys looking at bans? If it's 7 years and over then we can say they've learned now and that's cool as per Jebailey? What is the line and who gets passes? It's up to them if they feel like scanning FGC social media accounts and streams for things they would personally deem offensive and acting on it, but I think this is an unreasonable task and they'd be better served simply worrying about what people do at the events they control.

Casanova

Oct 6, 2012
Look I don't think anyone should use the words, I don't use them myself and I think anyone who does is being an edgelord. You can express all of your thoughts with socially acceptable, non controversial words. I think the most retarded aspect of this shit is the double standard around the BIG N. You want me to take it seriously? Stop fucking saying it then black people, take it as seriously as you want me to. Let it fucking go.

And I'm even fine with Capcom stating that this sort of behaviour has no place at their events and policing those as they see fit. What bugs me here is that they've now opened themselves up to reviewing anything ever said by an FGC member. We've already heard people piping up with well what about Yipes saying this on this platform 3 years ago, or James Chen saying that, etc, those guys looking at bans? If it's 7 years and over then we can say they've learned now and that's cool as per Jebailey? What is the line and who gets passes? It's up to them if they feel like scanning FGC social media accounts and streams for things they would personally deem offensive and acting on it, but I think this is an unreasonable task and they'd be better served simply worrying about what people do at the events they control.

The difference is that black people didn't use the word as hate speech against themselves as a tool for oppression. Again, you don't get to decide what is damaging for other people. On your second note, I agree that taking a 7 year look at someone's twitter account is over-reaching if they ban people on the platform for it, unless of course it's like serious hate-speech, threats, rape, blatant targeted racism, etc. Someone who raped someone 6 years ago should still be held accountable for said rape, so someone who used blatant targeted hate-speech towards an entire group or race of people should be help equally accountable for being a shitty person - or at minimum called out for it and request serious amends. Again, these shitty people are not entitled to shit, including being held unaccountable for really shitty things and choices they made as functioning adults. You still lose me at "personally deem offensive", though. Let's not pretend as though 99% of living people do understand that these words are hateful, very offensive, and should be considered ethically off-limits in public settings. It's been quite a long time since the civil rights movement, so let's stop acting like some people just "don't know better". They're just being shitty people who lack self-control and/or want to protect their ego from the evil liberal "they" who want to "control" them and their free will. It's laughable, and a really piss poor excuse for compensating for those things.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
JFC use paragraphs breaks bro I'm tired of reading your screeds. No one should be using loaded racist terminology, I give no passes for skin colour or ancestral hardship. I cringe when I hear anyone say it.

Jan 20, 2020
The dude seemed ready to go after his opponent's gender identity which was weird, but I guess bigots find that funny I guess. All in all, he's a sore loser and has to live with being seen as an asshole by most of the Internet except for fellow transphobes.

Reactions: Casanova

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Hey everyone, quick question: which is worse? Racism or transphobia?

Transracialphobia

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
I know that he is a dumbass, but didn't know how shitty he is until this

Have no idea who the other guy is thou
I thought CeroBlast was the small Asian non-binary trans he offended he offended, but I didn't really care enough to learn for sure.