• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, not trying to bash on Laura. Just sharing an observation someone made from Twitter.

Odyssey trailer seemed open-worldish and had new "rabbit" enemies. If it's more than a coincidence (meaning there is no Ubisoft Rabbid RPG), it just shows the source was bad not Laura herself.

Personally, I agree that it seems like a stretch to fit the Rabbid rumor to Super Mario Odyssey trailer, but stranger things have happened.

These are like only details matching, though rabbits are sorta surprising. Nothing looks like a strategy game, obviously playable Mario, no Yoshis in hindsight.

This sort of explanation was arguably sensible with Shovel Knight in Smash, but here we would have a source that was downright Pyro's optical mask insane in its reality distortion capabilities. I can't make my mind if the whole thing was BS that was intentionally so insane to throw the people off, or an unshown game, but this explanation, I'm not going to go with it.

She almost single handedly hyped up the Switch launch and was the fuel behind a lot of neogafs excitement and almost none of it was true.
This really, it isn't this person's fault that the Switch is a shit show but where is mother 3, Beyond good and evil 2, this rabbids game, smash, pokemon stars, monster hunter, etc.

C.Mongler

Is this dude suggesting LKD saw a picture of rabbits and immediately made the jump to conclusion that there was a Mario/Rabbids crossover RPG? That's an ARMS level of a damn stretch lol

So LKD proved to be mostly full of crap this whole time?

I mean she got a lot of stuff right and a lot off stuff wrong. Kind of the way it goes with leaks that are coming from multiple sources with multiple levels of veracity. And to be fair, almost everyone of her game reveal leaks she said she wasn't able to determine for sure if they would be announced in this presentation or at E3, so we'll have to wait a bit to really judge the credibility of her sources.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
We are going to give this stuff a bit of a grace period before taking any action, and in the mean time it serves no one to have a public gravedancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom