• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Laughed and called bullshit when that Yoshi X Rabbids rumor first surfaced, was just shocked and confused when multiple sources are now basically saying it's real. Though tbh the bit about it focusing on minor Mario characters for the party and it being a strategy RPG for some fuckin reason is making the idea grow on me a bit.

If it's UbiArt and has an art style akin to this:
Florent Sacre is hopefully working on this title.
I'll be fully on board

Ι am sure that it has been covered, but does this give extra credential to the french journalist and his insane list which amongst other included this crossover?

LordKano

Ι am sure that it has been covered, but does this give extra credential to the french journalist and his insane list which amongst other included this crossover?

Nope, the rumor about the Yoshi & Rabbids thing was effectively right but a bunch of others things was complete bullocks.
As usual from Gameblog.

Harpoon

So Ubisoft's 30th anniversary video had some cameos that might be relevant to this.

1goodnp.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Toad Rabbid is strangely adorable. And to answer the above poster Mario is frowning, so it does look like the minor characters are saving the main cast.

jonno394

Toad Rabbid is strangely adorable. And to answer the above poster Mario is frowning, so it does look like the minor characters are saving the main cast.

Thats what I thought, but if you watch the video you can see he is grinning. Still, I think the minor characters saving Mario and Luigi are what this game will be about.

Schnozberry

Do we get Bowser working with the Rabbids, or reluctantly joining the other characters? There could be a lot of humor in Bowser saving Mario because he can't find meaning in life without him.

tsab

Holly molly! I would buy that toad-rabbid amiibo with my eyes closed.

Is this a way for ubisoft to get into the amiibo money? because they are doing an excellent work
at least for me

Harpoon

Do we get Bowser working with the Rabbids, or reluctantly joining the other characters? There could be a lot of humor in Bowser saving Mario because he can't find meaning in life without him.

Well, the original leak mentioned we'll be getting a Rabbid Bowser as a recurring boss. So probably the former.

With that plus these new figurines, it sounds like characters being turned into Rabbid hybrids will be a big part of the game.

Zubz

Banned
Those figurines just have me further convinced.

I just hope this game delivers on the obscure/lesser-known characters. If even just one character out of K. Rool, Captain Syrup, Wart, Fawful, Vivian, Geno, Pauline, Foreman Spike, or Sonny (We'd probably get Plum, who is also acceptable) makes it in somewhere, I'll be a happy man. Hell, even just Waluigi or Daisy in a worthwhile role.
I'll send a thoughtful thank you letter if they go the distance and add someone like Herman Smirch.

I know the Rabbids series has been very popular for Ubisoft overall, but I would be much more interested in this if it was a Rayman/Mario crossover instead. I find the Rabbids obnoxious.

Well, the original leak mentioned we'll be getting a Rabbid Bowser as a recurring boss. So probably the former.

With that plus these new figurines, it sounds like characters being turned into Rabbid hybrids will be a big part of the game.

Of course we will.Its Toad NPCs and bowser as the final boss again all the way down.

I agree with what some of you are saying. Looks like the main characters turned into Rabbids and the minor characters will have to save them.

Can't say I'm too thrilled about this being the crossover game. Rabbids are to the Rayman franchise as Minions are to the Despicable Me franchise. They're somewhat funny/entertaining at first, then extraordinarily annoying as they proceed to yell nonsense words and inject themselves into everything.
I think they were designed by the same person, actually, which is probably why you feel that way (I agree, actually)

Crub

So after today, what's the likelihood of this game being real?

Would certainly have spiced up the launch window.

Weebos

Banned
This is still possible, but if it was hitting launch it probably would have been shown. Well see if it is in the treehouse stream.

Shaanyboi

Banned
If it's real, then it still has a chance of being unveiled tomorrow. That said, I don't know why they wouldn't show it during that presentation.

So after today, what's the likelihood of this game being real?

Would certainly have spiced up the launch window.

I really wanted to see this. And Beyond Good & Evil 2 and whatever Retro is going, etc.

Why whey would opt to have Nagoshi and Suda come out to ramble about potential ideas instead of showing at the very least some bullshit teaser trailers of games that actually exist is beyond me.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
So no Mario at or around launch, no Rabbids cross over shown, no Pokemon Stars, no new MK8 cups, no Gamecube VC games shown, no Mother 3 and Splatoon being a full sequel not a port. LDK and ER never had a good night did they.

C.Mongler

I mean Ubisoft was basically not present at all, beyond the third party real showing off Just Dance & other already released titles.

There's still hope from their CEO's Facebook post from a while back; I would think Steep on Switch isn't the game that's going to surprise us. People expecting something of this magnitude to be announced during Treehouse are being kind of naive in my opinion, but give me a golden shower if I'm wrong I guess.

I mean Ubisoft was basically not present at all, beyond the third party real showing off Just Dance & other already released titles.

There's still hope from their CEO's Facebook post from a while back; I would think Steep on Switch isn't the game that's going to surprise us. People expecting something of this magnitude to be announced during Treehouse are being kind of naive in my opinion, but give me a golden shower if I'm wrong I guess.

Maybe they will have a direct before launch

jett

D-Member
Someone round up the amount of "insider" rumors that turned out to be bullshit, cuz it's looking like several.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, this title is still happening. I mean, look at the screenshot from Ubisoft's own video.

joedick

Someone round up the amount of "insider" rumors that turned out to be bullshit, cuz it's looking like several.

As many have pointed out, not being mentioned yesterday doesn't necessarily mean it's BS. Why are some people so obsessed with proving the leakers wrong? Just pay no mind to rumors if you don't like them.

Stix_Remix

Neo Member
For the record, not trying to bash on Laura. Just sharing an observation someone made from Twitter.

Odyssey trailer seemed open-worldish and had new "rabbit" enemies. If it's more than a coincidence (meaning there is no Ubisoft Rabbid RPG), it just shows the source was bad not Laura herself.

Personally, I agree that it seems like a stretch to fit the Rabbid rumor to Super Mario Odyssey trailer, but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom