• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Agents of Mayhem

DryvBy

I just finished writing my review for Agents of Mayhem after playing half-way through it. I really like all the other Saints Row games. They're still and so over the top. Agents of Mayhem, which is set in the same universe, is one of the most boring and generic third person shooters of 2017 or maybe even the past couple of years.

Good stuff:
-Funny sometimes.
-Combat is easy. And mayhem mode is fun.
-Sometimes looks really nice.

Bad stuff:
-Boring and empty open-world
-Enemies are really generic. I think there might be maybe 5 grunt units to fight, if that. The designs are cheap.
-Driving the car is boring.
-Missions are the absolutely worst. They all consist of "go here, shoot waves, hack panel, end mission" or "blow up getaway vehicle". There's nothing straying from it.
-No co-op.

Did they rush this or something? I thought this was in development for a while.

I think I’m one of the only ones out there that had a great time with this. It felt great shootin baddies and I loved the look and character design. For whatever reason the cookie cutter repetitive dungeons never bothered me and neither did the story missions. The one where you have to take out that Justin Bieber boss at the night club I thought was fuckin great.

The one thing this game needed (and it blows my mind how it wasn’t included) was an online co op. Playing this with even one other person would’ve been awesome.

Ended up with 92% of the trophies on the Quad and then double dipped on the Bone version in December when PoopStop was selling copies for ten bucks.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I think I’m one of the only ones out there that had a great time with this. It felt great shootin baddies and I loved the look and character design. For whatever reason the cookie cutter repetitive dungeons never bothered me and neither did the story missions. The one where you have to take out that Justin Bieber boss at the night club I thought was fuckin great.

The one thing this game needed (and it blows my mind how it wasn’t included) was an online co op. Playing this with even one other person would’ve been awesome.

The lack of co-op would have helped greatly. I agree. I actually even liked this game a lot the first couple of missions. Then they started to wear on me.

ExpandKong

Banned
There was something so...profoundly generic and boring about this game that’s hard to put my finger on. It was pretty disappointing coming from the Saints Row people.

Ended up with 92% of the trophies on the Quad and then double dipped on the Bone version in December when PoopStop was selling copies for ten bucks.

What the fuck lingo lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This game has been on my shortlist of games to play for a couple of weeks, but every time I hear more about it the less I want to play it.

This game has been on my shortlist of games to play for a couple of weeks, but every time I hear more about it the less I want to play it.

You should still give it a shot. It’s got the attitude and feel of some 90s Saturday morning cartoon.

Also this game gets away with stereotyping and jokes that I feel other sites would lose their shit over. Probably better that it wasn’t given that much attention in this current sociopolitical climate 🤓

Also I’ve never been able to get into any Saints Row game. I always thought they were ridiculously stupid. Yet somehow I gave this one a pass. Go figure 🙃

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
"Ended up with 92% of the trophies on the Quad and then double dipped on the Bone version in December when PoopStop was selling copies for ten bucks."

What the fuck lingo lol[/QUOTE]

I caught the reference to Gamestop with 'Poopstop' but the rest....?

"Ended up with 92% of the trophies on the Quad and then double dipped on the Bone version in December when PoopStop was selling copies for ten bucks."

What the fuck lingo lol

I caught the reference to Gamestop with 'Poopstop' but the rest....?[/QUOTE]

Quad = PS4

Bone = Xbox One

Sorry the lingo from my other forum is carrying over 🤓

Last edited:

Codes 208

From what ive heard and continue to hear, it seems they really dropped the ball here. Agents of Mehham.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
I enjoyed the game for the first couple hours, but the missions became a little boring and I ended up putting down the controller before finishing all the story missions. I was playing on the PS4 which also had some quite severe performance issues which didn't boost my overall enjoyment.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I enjoyed the game for the first couple hours, but the missions became a little boring and I ended up putting down the controller before finishing all the story missions. I was playing on the PS4 which also had some quite severe performance issues which didn't boost my overall enjoyment.

This is exactly how I feel.

Top Bottom