• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Alien games

CassSept

With Halloween quickly approaching (merely a week away!) I thought about playing some scary games to make my mood more in line with the feeling of the season.

I remember hearing a lot of positive opinions about Alien Isolation upon it's release 3 years ago, I think it even got fairly high score on GAF 2014 GotY vote - and that's in spite of Aliens: Colonial Marines debacle.

What do you think, GAF? Is Alien Isolation horrifying enough to keep me awake at night these coming days? What about other Alien games? I remember AvP games being fairly well received 20 years ago, but these are more of an fps classic than classic horror games. Are any of them truly horror games first and foremost? Are any as well regarded by horror game fans as Alien Isolation? Do they have anything that reaches the sheer horrificness of the famous Alien 3 shower scene, of which we all heard so much about recently? Discuss.

ffvorax

Of all the Alien games, Alien Isolation is the perfect representation of the first Alien film.
You will not want EVER to be found by the Alien... also the Alien is quite clever, You won't feel safe even while you are actually hiding in a "safe spot"... the game is incredible, and it's not boring long, I actually wanted more.
Music, graphic, story... everything is top tier.

I think in VR it would be unplayable... lol...

brian0057

Banned
Alien: Isolation is a masterpiece.
A superb stealth horror experience and one of my favorite games ever made.
Highly recommended.
it's like Dead Space but good.

Top Bottom