• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP and Physics Guide for Sayonara Umihara Kawase

ggx2ac

This was something I have been wanting to post for a long time but, I have been waiting until a Steam sale was going to occur for me to post this.

My post is in parts a LTTP to give people the idea of why they should look into this game, and a video guide to help them understand how the game works.

Before I get to it, Degica Games are having a weekend Steam sale and if you wanted to check out Sayonara Umihara Kawase it is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/378750/
it is at $6 for the sale and if you feel the game isn't for you, you can still refund it assuming you haven't played longer than 2 hours over a two week period if I remember correctly for Steam's refund policy.

I will be talking about the Steam version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase, I do not know if the 3DS and Vita versions are still available to buy however, you can still apply this guide to those versions of the game too. (Note: The 3DS US version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase is called Yumi's Odd Odyssey)

----------------------------------------------------------
Content:

1. LTTP
2. Video Guide: Understanding the Traversal Mechanics of Sayonara Umihara Kawase
3. Transcript of [2.]
4. A brief mention of the other Umihara Kawase games
5. Final Word

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. LTTP

This is definitely a LTTP for the Steam version of the game however, I will mention that I first encountered the game here in NeoGAF when the 3DS version released. I was interested in the game at the time when I saw the trailer for it because it look liked as though you can web-sling like Spider-Man.

For those that haven't seen what the game looks like, there is a trailer in the steam page I linked above or you can see it on this youtube link: https://youtu.be/NzTlJF718oE which someone else captured the Steam trailer of.

Even though I had the 3DS version, I never finished the whole game because I was bad at it. I didn't go back to this game until around New Year's Eve last year when someone here posted that the game got delisted from Steam because their Publisher went bankrupt.

In a rush, I went to buy the Steam keys of this game and the original Umihara Kawase off of third party stores GMG and Playism before they were removed as well.

As most of us know a few months later from that time, Degica Games picked up the publishing duties of the trilogy of Umihara Kawase and re-released it on Steam, so it was great that that happened, otherwise there would not have been much point making the guide you will see later on.

Some time in January I finally started playing the game, just like with the 3DS version I was doing pretty bad. I couldn't remember how to beat the boss at Stage 9 so I had to look up what I had to do. This is a very important point I will reiterate later on, the game is a Physics-based Puzzle-Platformer and a non-linear one at that. It is non-linear in that there is more than 1 route in a stage and that there are no unique solutions to completing a stage. The game does not have 10 stages, it has 60 stages. That is not a spoiler because the game doesn't have a story for you to be spoiled by. However, it is a common occurrence that a person thought they finished the whole game when they only finished ~15% of it.

After I got through the first boss, I went to look for other routes. I felt I was getting better at the game but I still wasn't understanding things clearly when a new obstacle would appear. The game has a very steep learning curve, there are people that are good at the game because they managed to have a natural instinct for it but I figured out a different way to be able to play the game which I will explain later. When I felt I was reaching a turning point in the learning curve of the game was at Stage 24.

q6uPMko.jpg

After failing over 200 times because of how difficult it was getting both the backpack and getting through the ice gap, I then felt I was figuring out new methods of swinging.

That still didn't help me improve in later stages as shown here:

So it wasn't until I was past 75% of the stages that I realised that the game was actually applying Physics laws, once I started applying them. It became so much easier getting past obstacles because I could do things that would look impossible but they aren't when you know how it works. This, you'll get to see in the guide later on.

I think I finally finished all 60 stages of the game in around 20 hours, I wasn't done though since the other part of this game is to complete stages with fast times, especially that the game has online rankings in-game for both the Steam and Vita versions I believe, not the 3DS version though.

So at 54 hours of playtime of this game, I spent my time completing stages faster to get at least within the top 10 in a ranking of a stage or at least 20 if it happens to be an easy stage that anyone could complete in 2 actions that the leaderboards get bloated.

If you are a fan of platformers, this game isn't your typical platformer. It is a puzzle-platformer so it takes a lot more patience to get through a difficult stage. This game definitely isn't for everyone considering when I look at the Steamspy data for this game, not many people have played this. However, that is why I came up with this guide below to help people understand the game so they can actually complete it so that maybe, they'll enjoy it enough to play even the original Umihara Kawase and Umihara Kawase Shun.

2. Video Guide: Understanding the Traversal Mechanics of Sayonara Umihara Kawase

Link: https://youtu.be/BelfE5AxQwA

Linked here is the video guide for Sayonara Umihara Kawase, the physics involved in this game relate to Newton's Laws of Motion, Hooke's Law, Pendulum Motion, Simple Harmonic Motion and Force Vectors.

I do have other videos with solutions for stages although that is just for uploading fast ranking times. I do not recommend you watch those because the best way for you to enjoy the game is that you at least try to get through a stage and if after numerous attempts you can't figure anything out, then look up a solution.

This is why I made the video guide because if you can understand how the physics of this game works, then you should have better knowledge of how to at least get past an obstacle before you either give up on the game or look up solutions.

FYI, I am explaining the physics of the game. There is evidence the creator intended the game to work this way as mentioned in one of his interviews here:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/indie-before-it-was-cool-the-umihara-kawase-story

You could even argue that physics are the whole point of the game. Certainly that's where Sakai's passions would seem lie; during our interview, the one time his reserved, quiet exterior cracked to reveal a spark of bright-eyed enthusiasm came when I mentioned Umihara Kawase's complex grappling mechanics.

"First of all, I’m good at making complex game systems," he says. "I designed the game myself, and I did it in a way where I could use my ability to come up with a complex game system. I built the game design around that skill.

Despite the intricacy of Umihara Kawase's design, Sakai feels his work went largely unnoticed. "A group of core fans and people who were interested in programming really praised the game," he recollects with evident disappointment. "But I feel like, in general, there weren’t that many people out there who noticed the physics."

This is why I reiterate that: This game is a Physics-based Puzzle-Platformer and a non-linear one at that. It is non-linear in that there is more than 1 route in a stage and that there are no unique solutions to completing a stage.

There are 60 stages in total and it's not a spoiler because this game has no story.

3. Transcript of [2.]

Here, I will make a transcript with some of the key images although it is still recommended you watch the video because it has demonstrations so you can see how things work, especially the demonstrations at the end of the video.

Transcript:

Understanding the traversal mechanics of Sayonara Umihara Kawase

The aim of this video is to apply Newton's Laws of motion, Pendulum motion, Hooke's Law and force vectors to assist in understanding the mechanics behind the game to get through obstacles that may seem impossible.

Scenario 1: You fall into a gap that you cannot seem to jump over.

Solution: To get across, you can increase your velocity to get over the gap.

Now for the explanation of Newton's Laws and force vectors.
First, I set the fishing hook to the ground. I then press up for a moment to extend the fishing line.
I then run to the left of the fishing line and stop. As I press down, the fishing line retracts and pulls Umihara towards the right.

According to Newton's Third Law of Motion:
When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.

Hence, the first body is Umihara Kawase. And the second body is the fishing hook. For why the fishing hook moves Umihara I will go into more detail later. I must run right in the instant I start moving as I have to go from a state of rest to a state of momentum.

As my velocity goes to the right and acceleration is positive and increasing in that direction from pulling the fishing line, my velocity will increase.

This is due to Newton's Second Law of Motion:
The vector sum of the forces on an object is equal to the mass of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector of the object. F = ma

I jump over the first gap. I will now explain Newton's first Law of Motion and Force Vectors

Newton's First Law of Motion:
When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

The scenario here is that it is possible to have a constant velocity which is explained by applying Force Vectors. We first draw a free-body diagram as such. There are 3 known forces acting on Umihara Kawase.

First, we look at the forces applied by gravity and the normal force. The normal force is perpendicular to the surface of contact. The force exerted by the floor prevents Umihara from falling due to gravity. In this case, the forces cancel out.

Because they are equal and opposite in magnitude and direction. The remaining known force is the applied force which is unaffected by the other force vectors due to being perpendicular to them. The force which is unknown is friction. If there was friction, as Umihara is running, the friction would have a vector going to the left which would slow down Umihara.

I do not know if a frictional force is applied on flat surfaces like this one in the game. Umihara can slow down when running up ramps, so frictional forces may apply there. To conclude, this explains that Umihara is currently running at a constant velocity. It will not change unless a force is exerted onto her. I jump once more. And make it across the gap.

Traversal via Hooke's Law and Pendulum Motion

What you are seeing right now is an application of Hooke's Law it is characterised by the force needed to extend or compress a spring by some distance. The formula is F = -kx, where 'F' is the force of the mass attached to the free end of the spring, 'k' is the spring constant where a small positive value means it is elastic and a large 'k' value means the spring is rigid.

The 'x' value is the displacement of the spring, usually written as x - x_0 where x is the spring's 'relaxed' state/value and x_0 is the current position of the spring. When you press down, Umihara compresses the 'spring' exerting a force that is proportional to the current length of the spring. The longer the length, the greater the force that needs to be applied. This should look familiar.

Because Hooke's law is being applied here, because the fishing hook is characterised as a spring, the force exerted by Umihara changes the displacement of the spring by it's elasticity. Moving on.

Next, we have pendulum motion. It is difficult to simulate a pendulum because the oscillations (going up and down) from the 'spring' affect the motion. If we press left/right to swing side by side, we can reduce the oscillations and simulate "Simple Harmonic Motion".

Simple Harmonic Motion is a periodic motion where the restoring force is proportional to the displacement and acts in the direction opposite of that displacement. In this case, Umihara is the restoring force as she accelerates back to the centre position where the displacement is zero. Simple Harmonic Motion is a motion that obeys Hooke's Law as it occured earlier where oscillations were going up and down that a spring also uses Simple Harmonic Motion.

Going back to pendulum motion, the forces acting on a pendulum are the tensional forces which are in the direction along the fishing line, towards the fishing hook at all times. Forces from gravity and the mass of the object act directly downwards, at all times. Because the forces aren't equal in magnitude and direction they will not cancel each other out and cause Umihara to accelerate increasingly towards the centre and then accelerate in the opposite direction when moving to the other end from the centre.

To put this another way in terms of energy Umihara is at the left end of the pendulum, her velocity is at zero due to the displacement from the centre of the pendulum. (Maximum velocity occurs at the centre)
Acceleration will take effect and increase in direction towards the centre. Her potential (stored) energy is converted to kinetic energy which is the energy it has due to motion, which is affected by mass and speed.

As Umihara goes past the centre, her kinetic energy will will decrease and potential energy will increase. This is due to acceleration going towards the opposite direction and slowing her down.
Keep in mind this diagram utilises Conservation of momentum. As long as no external forces act upon Umihara, Momentum will be conserved. Also, the symbols and energy states are flipped in pendulum motion for going in the opposite direction.

Now to apply both Hooke's Law and Pendulum motion. Once I have gone past the centre, I
pressed down and compressed the 'spring', my acceleration to the right wasn't large and was starting to slow me down so pressing down accelerated me upwards, this would not be cancelled
by the accelerating force of the pendulum motion.

As shown here, I pressed down to compress the spring and then let go of the hook before I accelerated past the centre.This combined the acceleration going up and to the right giving the result shown.

Here's another example for your convenience. ...and another.

To summarise: Utilising forces from all these physical laws will increase your velocity and allow you get get past difficult obstacles.

Now, some actual examples without explanation, to see in action all the things you have learned
becoming applied.

Stage 17

Stage 17

Stage 7

Method 1

Method 2

Method 1

Method 2

All physics related information have been sourced from Wikipedia

The game played here was Sayonara Umihara Kawase and can be found on Steam for PC (and
Nintendo 3DS and Playstation Vita)

(End of Transcript)

4. A brief mention of the other Umihara Kawase games

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is the third game of the series. If after having played or finished this game you are interested in playing the other games which are the original Umihara Kawase that released on SNES and Umihara Kawase Shun which released on PS1, they are both available on Steam.

Here is a link to a trilogy pack which is currently $12 for the weekend sale.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/85452/

Now, the physics may act a little different. I have tried to test things and basically one of the differences I can find is that it was either Kawase has more/less friction when moving fast, this means that if you send yourself flying, she will not slow down like in Sayonara Umihara Kawase. So you have to be aware of the and move in the opposite direction to slow her down.

Here is what I mean that you can send herself flying.

Stage info

Video of that stage: https://youtu.be/OnHQR-9DNo4

5. Final Word

If after reading this, you actually want to try out the game, cool. If you feel the game isn't for you after having played it, you can still refund it on Steam assuming you followed their refund policy.

I just wanted to bring more awareness to this game because it is a niche game, it is obvious why it is niche because the developers tried way to make this game accessible but it is at its core, a puzzle-platformer with a steep learning curve.

This may appeal to you, or it may not. That would explain why when the Vita version was released, we got images like this of Umihara Kawase.

Although that isn't always the case.

Anyway, I recommend this game just for the technical prowess required and its challenging depth of level design and physics involved, I have no clue if there will ever be another sequel, so I am playing the other two games of the trilogy which I just haven't got the time to complete them yet due to other games in my backlog.

ggx2ac

These games are very challenging, yet enjoyable. I agree that the physics are unappreciated as well.

I think you meant underappreciated because not many people realise the physics or have good knowledge of classical physics.

Wow, fucking awesome guide man. I love Umihara Kawase, glad to see there are other fans here too.

Thanks, and I'm only someone that got into the series from the third game, I'm a fan but not really a huge fan compared to others that I know that love the series a lot.

RedToad64

I think you meant underappreciated because not many people realise the physics or have good knowledge of classical physics.
Correct, it was a simple typo!

I'm happy that these games are back on Steam again. I wonder why we never got the SNES game in NA back in the day. Is it because of the aesthetics?

Very, very cool. Always love to see an Umihara Kawase thread. Also, congrats on beating Field 54, lol.

Having such flexibility when it comes to how you approach a stage is really what makes the series for me. There's almost always some option available to speed up your movement or cut past parts of the level, it's just a matter of figuring out where they are. Discovering what you can do with the physics makes up a huge part of that, so it's really cool to hear about how that process went for you.

I'm happy that these games are back on Steam again. I wonder why we never got the SNES game in NA back in the day. Is it because of the aesthetics?

The SFC game was made by a teeny studio and published by NHK, I'd imagine an international release wasn't even on their mind. And yeah, I certainly don't think it's the kind of game Western publishers were eager to pick up (if it was even a blip on their radar at all);

ggx2ac

Correct, it was a simple typo!

I have no clue.

In that article I linked of the interview with the creator of the game, the writer iirc called this series indie before indie was even a thing.

When I look at the release date for the original game, it says it came out in December 23rd 1994. I don't know if that is too late into the cycle back then for SNES. Their publisher back then for that game was TNN which I never heard of so it's possible that they were probably not a large publisher that was interested in releasing the game overseas.

Very, very cool. Always love to see an Umihara Kawase thread. Also, congrats on beating Field 54, lol.

Having such flexibility when it comes to how you approach a stage is really what makes the series for me. There's almost always some option available to speed up your movement or cut past parts of the level, it's just a matter of figuring out where they are. Discovering what you can do with the physics makes up a huge part of that, so it's really cool to hear about how that process went for you.

Yeah, I was thinking of posting F54, I'm sure I read I failed that 181 times and I only cleared it from going up the spike stairs... It was so horrible.

As you said, I always look around in a stage to see if there is actually a shortcut because it's obvious in the level design that they make a linear path but they always put little things somewhere above your head to realise that it may be a shortcut to the exit.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
What a fantastic thread, bravo.

I can't enjoy the game to its fullest on 3DS because of the 30fps with dips, kinda gave up on it to be honest, wish I had it on Steam/Vita where it's 60fps since I bet it improves the gameplay a bunch

ggx2ac

What a fantastic thread, bravo.

I can't enjoy the game to its fullest on 3DS because of the 30fps with dips, kinda gave up on it to be honest, wish I had it on Steam/Vita where it's 60fps since I bet it improves the gameplay a bunch

Thanks, I don't think the 30fps is too much of a problem maybe it also depends on what model of 3DS you have new/old. Unless you were playing it with 3D on then it does make the performance bad.

With the other versions, the 60fps is good and aside from the change in the character model, there is still 10 more stages added including Stage 54 which I mentioned in the post above yours that it is probably more horrific to play through than Stage 33.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game also has VR support, believe it or not. The entire series is great, so if you like one version, don't hesitate to get the others as well.

USGamer did a whole feature/interview with creator/director/programmer Kiyoshi Sakai a while back.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/indie-before-it-was-cool-the-umihara-kawase-story

Indeed, there are a few interviews out there now:

http://gaming.moe/?p=993
http://shmuplations.com/sayonaraumihara/
http://gosokkyu.com/post/79416970057/odd-odyssey-the-story-of-umihara-kawase-in-this

ggx2ac

This game also has VR support, believe it or not. The entire series is great, so if you like one version, don't hesitate to get the others as well.

I'll show the images of the Diorama mode so people are aware what kind of VR it has.

I repeat, it's called a Diorama mode. It's like looking at a Diorama simply put.

----------

And someone else here posted a while back that the developers did experiment with VR that I was actually wanting to experience with the game.

First person view VR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64gshZBC7bQ

It was only an experiment though so we'll probably never get to experience it.

ggx2ac

Amazing OP. I've read about the game on GAF but never knew what kind of game it was. Kinda want to try it now.

Thanks, that's why I waited till a steam sale would happen to post this since the game is pretty cheap by itself.

I ended up paying full price when I bought the steam keys for two of the three trilogy of games from third party stores when the game got delisted from steam back then.

Blu(e)

Any more art for the game? Every time I seek it out, there's always a logo on it or the resolution super tiny.

I'll put this thread in my subscriptions and give it a closer read for when I start the game since I own them on steam already.

FLD

Thanks, that's why I waited till a steam sale would happen to post this since the game is pretty cheap by itself.

Well played. Your OP intrigued me, so I grabbed the bundle since it was only 13 bucks for all three games and impressions on GAF seemed pretty positive. I don't know what I expected but it certainly wasn't games this damn good. So, yeah, thanks!

It's a shame the GeDoSaTo resolution fix for the newest one seems to be broken, though. It doesn't look great at such a low resolution. :/

Durante

I should get back to this game at some point, really enjoyed what I played of it.

It's a shame the GeDoSaTo resolution fix for the newest one seems to be broken, though. It doesn't look great at such a low resolution. :/
If I do get back to it I'll certainly look into that.

ggx2ac

Well played. Your OP intrigued me, so I grabbed the bundle since it was only 13 bucks for all three games and impressions on GAF seemed pretty positive. I don't know what I expected but it certainly wasn't games this damn good. So, yeah, thanks!

Thanks, I never used the GeDoSaTo fix for this game even though I knew it would look better so I was fine with the sub-HD res on a 1440p monitor.

Now Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition, the character wasn't a sprite but had low res textures on her from what I'm guessing. So it doesn't look that great when I was expecting to see the cartoony look from the Nintendo DS version of the game that only released in Japan.

I should get back to this game at some point, really enjoyed what I played of it.

Indeed, as I mentioned I haven't finished the other two games. I was last playing Umihara Kawase Shun, I was waiting for KawaseFan to upload a solution to a stage I was stuck on because it was ridiculously hard, I can't remember the field but it had more than one exit and to get to the other exit there's a conveyor belt above you that you have to get around but it goes in the opposite of your forward direction so it took me hours not getting anywhere.

Of course, because I'm new to that game I've been learning the slight difference in physics that game has as mentioned with the friction being different that Umihara Kawase doesn't slow down to a stop when running compared to Sayonara Umihara Kawase.

Anyway, I'll just add this video of one stage to the OP of the brief mention of the other games to give an idea of what I spent time practising to get into the in-game online rankings in Umihara Kawase Shun.

With the video linked here:

https://youtu.be/OnHQR-9DNo4

Tizoc

Ooops wrong thread sorry :X

I have this on Steam but should start someday just to get my mind blown on the physics and what I can do.

ggx2ac

The introductory physics students I am TAing could use this game.

Hehe, later on after I had made that guide months ago, I found these videos from this YouTube channel of Professor Julius Sumner Miller which were great for watching demonstrations of physics.

These are probably what I thought at the time would be good to watch back then related to Umihara Kawase, there's 45 episodes in total on the channel in these videos so I ended up watching all of them in my spare time. Even an important one I know of there is if Donkey Kong Country Mine Cart physics are accurate, as in, when the cart is moving, it should be that you move with the cart when you jump without pressing a direction. You shouldn't be falling out if you jump without pressing a direction. I can't remember which platforming games do that wrong.

Lesson 2 - Newton's First Law of Motion - Demonstrations in Physics
https://youtu.be/Za3DGUEpW2U

Lesson 3 - Newton's Second Law of Motion - Demonstrations in Physics
https://youtu.be/AFwbcWIUwLQ

Lesson 4 - Newton's Third Law of Motion - Demonstrations in Physics
https://youtu.be/hvX_mWdpsfI

Lesson 5 - Energy and Momentum - Demonstrations in Physics
https://youtu.be/4dZI0gf35BU

Lesson 7 - The Simple Pendulum, Oscillating Things - Demonstrations in Physics
https://youtu.be/h_eR7FJ_vkM

Edit: Just found the mine cart physics I was mentioning, it's this link at 5:30 of the video: https://youtu.be/6rjIr39OzpA

Should i start with this game or snes or even ps1 port?

You should start with Sayonara Umihara Kawase. The creator of the game mentioned how he tried to make the series more accessible in each game. You'd have a lot of trouble with the first two games because completing them means mastering a route rather than mastering a stage.

As in, Sayonara Umihara Kawase allows you to complete the game one stage at a time, there is a mode called survival mode which you can try to complete to game in 5 minutes with a limited amount of time and a number of lives but, that survival mode is actually the regular game mode for the SNES and PS1 games.

That's why I recommend Sayonara Umihara Kawase as it's the most accessible and easiest game to learn and to finish.

FLD

If I do get back to it I'll certainly look into that.

That would be awesome. I think I'll play them in order anyway, so hopefully you get around to that by the time I'm ready to play Sayonara. :p

Thanks, I never used the GeDoSaTo fix for this game even though I knew it would look better so I was fine with the sub-HD res on a 1440p monitor.

Now Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition, the character wasn't a sprite but had low res textures on her from what I'm guessing. So it doesn't look that great when I was expecting to see the cartoony look from the Nintendo DS version of the game that only released in Japan.

See, I'm a bit more forgiving of sprite-based games, especially those from that era. The look of the first two games, while far from ideal, doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the blurry, pixelated mess that is the 3D in Sayonara. There's just no valid reason for such a graphically simple 3D game to not have better image quality on PC.

ggx2ac

See, I'm a bit more forgiving of sprite-based games, especially those from that era. The look of the first two games, while far from ideal, doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the blurry, pixelated mess that is the 3D in Sayonara. There's just no valid reason for such a graphically simple 3D game to not have better image quality on PC.

They went through the trouble of making a VR mode but not PC settings to change resolution.

It is strange as usual, so I can understand the criticism over a lack of resolution options.

ggx2ac

Great games, indeed.
Great guide too, OP

Thanks.

Just bumping this for the reminder that there's approximately 30 hours remaining until the Degica Games Weekend Steam Sale ends. (It says it ends 10am PT Monday.)

So again it's $6 for Sayonara Umihara Kawase or $12 to get the Trilogy of the Umihara Kawase series.

kinn

Thanks.

Just bumping this for the reminder that there's approximately 30 hours remaining until the Degica Games Weekend Steam Sale ends. (It says it ends 10am PT Monday.)

So again it's $6 for Sayonara Umihara Kawase or $12 to get the Trilogy of the Umihara Kawase series.

Thanks. Purchased and will try it when I get the chance. The swinging mechanic looks ace.

ggx2ac

Thanks. Purchased and will try it when I get the chance. The swinging mechanic looks ace.

Awesome.

The mechanics were what caught my interest on first impression because of all the platforming you could do just with swinging in different ways.

ggx2ac

- Bump -

The Degica Games Weekend Steam Sale is over. I didn't get to take this first screenshot before the sale started but it was taken during the sale, second screenshot is after the sale finished.

Although, I don't know if the numbers will go down again which I assume would be due to refunds. I definitely remember seeing Code of Princess between 8k-10k earlier in the year however, you can see how its owners went down.

To summarise from the images for the Umihara Kawase games.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase had approximately a 25% increase in owners.

Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition had approximately a 32% increase in owners.

Umihara Kawase had approximately a 15% increase in owners.

I'll look again in a week if the numbers suddenly change and go down.

Top Bottom