• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Back 4 Blood

OZ9000

Banned
Have been playing this game since it hit Gamepass and I am genuinely impressed.

I love the fact you can upgrade your weapons, card system is interesting, and the gameplay is fun. It is scratching that co-op itch I have. Graphics are also fairly good and the game runs extremely well.

It controls perfectly on a controller (unlike Left 4 Dead 1/2).

My only criticism is that all the levels look the same and there is absolutely no variety. L4D1/2 had much more memorable maps and design.

I know some of the hardcore L4D fanboys probably think it's shit, but I went in with zero expectations and I am having a blast. I am personally enjoying a lot. It's just as fun as L4D.

Last edited:

Smiggs

I tried it on PC last year on Gamepass, and I just could never get into it. Not really sure, either--it felt a lot like L4D in some ways, but just felt... needlessly over complicated, almost overwhelming with all the extras they added. L4D's strength was it's simplicity, you could just boot it up and go.

Maybe I'll give it another go around one of these days, I'd love for a newer version of L4D.

Xeaker

Too many of the same maps. I don't know how often I had to play through this one town map LOL

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Perfect example of how not to revitalise a franchise and Live Service. Take note Sony.

Haggard

Banned
unfortunately that game can`t hold a candle to the original L4D games.
It´s downright bad in comparison.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

I tried it on PC last year on Gamepass, and I just could never get into it. Not really sure, either--it felt a lot like L4D in some ways, but just felt... needlessly over complicated, almost overwhelming with all the extras they added. L4D's strength was it's simplicity, you could just boot it up and go.

Maybe I'll give it another go around one of these days, I'd love for a newer version of L4D.
Same experience for me. I also do not like the pacing compared to L4D.

Had a blast with it on PS5, cleared the first 2 difficulty levels 100% solo, Nightmare is too obnoxious to go at it alone. I bought it on sale, got my $'s worth, enjoyed it for what it was.

Hari Seldon

For the first night, my old L4D buddies and I had an absolute blast with this game.

But by the second night we were already growing sick of the poor design decisions, like the rate and amount of Special infected spawning and such.

Third night, we didn't even boot it up. Uninstalled shortly after.
Same arc I had. It is just a worse version of L4D2 in every facet, and it becomes more apparent the more you play. Par for the course for this studio.

A.Romero

It was fun for a bit but we eventually stopped playing for some reason. I still have it installed just in case my friends want to play but we haven't in a while.

Aion002

Cool. Did you try World War Z and Zombie Army 4? They're great.

B4B pve was kinda boring to me, but I enjoyed the pvp.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
For the first night, my old L4D buddies and I had an absolute blast with this game.

But by the second night we were already growing sick of the poor design decisions, like the rate and amount of Special infected spawning and such.

Third night, we didn't even boot it up. Uninstalled shortly after.

No one can match the magic of this chubby

8raR0-uhF7eXTbIat5r7nNJWeD79gFgeANxzkY-5MFQ.jpg

manfestival

The game was fun for a bit. once I completed the campaign with some friends we just uninstalled. The gameplay loop afterwards was just not interesting enough to keep us coming back for more after it was completed.

Top Bottom