• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Castle Shikigami 2 and bullet hell games.

G-Fex

After gettin G-darius and enjoying how awesome that shmup is I wanted another bullet hell game like Ikaruga so I got Shikigami 2 off Amazon for 2 dollars. Wow this games pretty awesome with different characters and abilities and such, no major challenge like Ikaruga but entertaining none the less. I can't believe I've never tried this one before or the first one mobile light force. Don't know but I just like the challenge of curtain fire raining all over. It's pretty damn intense ever since I've gottten into shmups I've seen this is as a great change after playing Gradius Collection to death.

Now I'm probably going to get imperishable night the second I find it (If someone can help me out know where it's sold too?) I was wondering if the new Castle Shikigami 3 for wii is better?

Not to stray off topic but which is better as well for psp, Salamander or Parodius portable?

RickA238

Dodonpachi is the archetypal bullet-hell game imo. Most agree that Batsugun was the first, but after 12 years Dodonpachi still executes everything the best without being what some consider too hard. You'll still get an aneurysm trying to 1CC it though. You owe it to yourself to play/own it/1CC it.

Salamander Portable. I have it, and it's sick.

G-Fex

Durante said:
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Buying_Stuff
Also get Perfect Cherry Blossom and Mountain of Faith. And all the other games while you're at it.
No.

Holy crap thanks! Finally. And aw, too bad.

RickA238 said:
Dodonpachi is the archetypal bullet-hell game imo. Most agree that Batsugun was the first, but after 12 years Dodonpachi still executes everything the best without being what some consider too hard. You'll still get an aneurysm trying to 1CC it though. You owe it to yourself to play/own it/1CC it.

Salamander Portable. I have it, and it's sick.

Oh gotta check out dodonpachi then, and salamander it is!

Durante

G-Fex said:
Holy crap thanks! Finally.
I just noticed that all of them are sold out at both paletweb and himeya at the moment. I can't recall that ever happening before - sorry :/

G-Fex

Durante said:
I just noticed that all of them are sold out at both paletweb and himeya at the moment. I can't recall that ever happening before - sorry :/
Well if what it says there is right they'll be back in stock July 31st. Can't wait.

N.A

Banned
If you ever get a chance to play them, ESP Ra.De. & Guwange are 2 of my favourites (aside from the Touhou games).

ghibli99

N.A said:
If you ever get a chance to play them, ESP Ra.De. & Guwange are 2 of my favourites (aside from the Touhou games).
Especially from a stylistic perspective, Guwange is one of Cave's best. Esprade and Espgaluda (Espgaluda especially) are a couple of the more accessible Cave shooters. If you're not used to "bullet hell" games, work your way up to Dodonpachi dai-ou-jou. Dodonpachi still remains one of the best shooters I've ever played, and is probably a game I will never get tired of playing throughout my life. Same goes for most shooters, however, as this is a genre that if done right, will continue challenging you for many, many years.

Takumi is the other half of the result of the post-Toaplan rift (the first being Cave), and the Gigawing games are generally competent, but Mars Matrix is my favorite shmup ever. Find it. Love it.

Top Bottom