• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Fast & Furious (All for the family)

Dunki

I was never really into cars especially not fast cars so I never found the appeal of this series. Then I saw them on Netflix while being sick at home for a week. I thought why not and started watching the first Movie. The first one was good and it kept me interested to watch more. And with each movie (Except maybe Tokyo drift since it is a spin off) I began to love these characters and their bond with each other. And while this series is a great action series. It also portrays what the word family means. It is not only the blood people share but their bond and their trust and love for each other.

This series also did something so far that not many long running Series archive. Each movie gets more and more crazy and after 8 I can not imagine where 9 is going. (The new spin off does not count since I see it like a buddy cop action movie so far). But also with their message about family gets with each movie more and more Important.

Also I never thought of Vin Diesel as a good actor but this is HIS role. I believe that this is really him and how he feels even when Paul Walker died. You could see how much he meant to him at the end of Part 7.
The Paul Walker tribute in Fast and Furious 7 was really a tearjerker for me. I smiled at the end of 8 when they named the child Brian.

Man this is really a great series and I can not even say which one of these is the best because you need to watch everyone of them to see the evolution in its themes and action scenes.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The Rock vs Diesel is very debatable, I think joining the team was for the good and the spinoff series might end up being better.

Dunki

The Rock vs Diesel is very debatable, I think joining the team was for the good and the spinoff series might end up being better.

Oh I think the promise is great and the Rock and Stratman will probably have great chemistry but in terms of craziness I do not think they will top the 8th movie. This is for the 9th one^^

Ive literally never seen one of these movies. I need to get on that.
You really should I think it is the best modern action franchise these days with a great theme of what family means. I never thought that I would like these movies but now I love them^^

Justin9mm

I was never really into cars especially not fast cars so I never found the appeal of this series. Then I saw them on Netflix while being sick at home for a week. I thought why not and started watching the first Movie. The first one was good and it kept me interested to watch more. And with each movie (Except maybe Tokyo drift since it is a spin off) I began to love these characters and their bond with each other. And while this series is a great action series. It also portrays what the word family means. It is not only the blood people share but their bond and their trust and love for each other.

This series also did something so far that not many long running Series archive. Each movie gets more and more crazy and after 8 I can not imagine where 9 is going. (The new spin off does not count since I see it like a buddy cop action movie so far). But also with their message about family gets with each movie more and more Important.

Also I never thought of Vin Diesel as a good actor but this is HIS role. I believe that this is really him and how he feels even when Paul Walker died. You could see how much he meant to him at the end of Part 7.
The Paul Walker tribute in Fast and Furious 7 was really a tearjerker for me. I smiled at the end of 8 when they named the child Brian.

Man this is really a great series and I can not even say which one of these is the best because you need to watch everyone of them to see the evolution in its themes and action scenes.

Tokyo Drift is technically not a spin off, it is a sequel and part of the story timeline which slots between 6 & 7. By definition the new movie Hobbs and Shaw is a spin off.

Edit: Main characters aside, I believe Tokyo Drift was one of the better ones in the series.

Last edited:

Link1110

Ive literally never seen one of these movies. I need to get on that.
You need the right mindset with these movies. If you expect something realistic that you can take seriously you're gonna hate it. If you go on expecting a live action cartoon you'll enjoy it.

I expect giant robots any movie now and I'm honestly surprised it's taking them this long.

Last edited:

Dunki

Tokyo Drift is technically not a spin off, it is a sequel and part of the story timeline which slots between 6 & 7. By definition the new movie Hobbs and Shaw is a spin off.

Edit: Main characters aside, I believe Tokyo Drift was one of the better ones in the series.
They tied it in very nicely but I am not even sure that this was the plan back then. Also it features a different cast as well. So I personally see it as a really good spin off.

Justin9mm

They tied it in very nicely but I am not even sure that this was the plan back then. Also it features a different cast as well. So I personally see it as a really good spin off.
I agree that it was not the original plan to tie in the story but your definition of a spin off is wrong, a spin off doesn't even carry the same name.. There are loads of movie sequels without the main cast that are direct sequels, they are still sequels though and not spin offs.

Last edited:

norm9

Love the series. Saw the original twice in the theaters when it came out. It's just a fun series to zone out to. Unfroutnately, Fate was definitely NOT fun. Got too serious and had too many moving parts that didn't fit together. I've watched that one the least.

Liked Dwayne in Fast 5, but his increasing roles in 6, 7, and F(8)ate was a bit overkill.

I won't even bother with Shaw. Even in the nonsensical F&F universe where Letty can die, come back, be a bad guy, have amnesia, ptsd, etc., I can't get on board with Shaw as part of the squad.

Lastly, it was probably one of the first movies/series where the cast reflected were diverse, so that was really cool. It even managed to make fun of tropes in Fast Six(?) in the subway fight scene when Han's like I don't know how to fight, when the usual thing would be he's a king fu master or some shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom