• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LTTP] Final Fantasy IX

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Currently I’m excited about Eiko joining us and making everything a lot more interesting; her character is excellent. Strong willed, very capable, will stick very closely to Zidane and probably be an incredible asset to the team and our cause overall, even despite her age...She’s already the leader of her pack, the Moogles she lived with. I will guess that Eiko brings the magic users up eventially; Garnet will learn from her and that is going to be huge
Eiko is the best character along with Vivi. Whenever one of them speaks, they steal the show.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Love reading the impressions and you're progressing through the game at a surprising pace in comparison to Code Veronica/Zero, keep them coming! Soon nearing the end of disc 2. That whole Alexandria escape sequence is pretty sweet and high tension. Freya and Beatrix joining forces then Steiner feeling bad about leaving them and thus trusting Zidane fully to keep Garnet safe, lots of development there. Got to give credits to the animations too, makes the maps feel less static and the game more dynamic as a whole (like the turning platforms and Freya jumping down the spiral staircase, it's simply cool). I haven't played the game in a long time, just had to look up some of the stuff again. And man, the ending, it still wrecked me.

Bravo Squaresoft.

How about that Fossil Roo though? Never disliked it but with all the levers, riding and random encounters exploration is a bitch in that place :messenger_tears_of_joy:
FFIX is incredible for having been released in 2000. There’s something about the very beginning of this game this game that felt magical. The prelude, Zidane’s crew getting ready to execute their plan, Vivi just trying to have some fun by purchasing a ticket for the play, Garnet feeling hopeless and trapped in her life, Steiner seeing the dejected look on her face as he turns to her during a great scene in the play to see if she was enjoying it as much as he; but instead sees that she’s completely beside herself and not interested in the play at all. I can’t tell you how magical it was to see everyone’s path converge like that the way it did. The story and the characters, their development, it has been an unforgettable experience

Zidane seamlessly growing into the role of leader, he’s a lot like Baku in a way. He goes from just following the plan under Baku to making his own decision and forging his own path in this world. Baku gives him a push in this direction too, he was too strong to be taking orders for too long and Baku was the first to recognize this and guide his son one last time, by letting him go. Unbelievable writing

The emotions of this story are beginning to accumulate at a rapid pace. These are such great characters. But this quest they’re on is grim and full of sadness. I don’t even want to think about what’s going to happen later, but I know almost for a fact that it’s going to be a bumpy ending. My guess is that Kuja will laugh off the events that took place at the Iifa Tree, and reveal that the black mages were only a small part of the plan, belittle their existence some and then he’ll speak about what he’s already set into motion. A plan that he thinks is now unstoppable. I think he’ll be a little annoyed with their meddling and he might try to fuck with Vivi since he is essentially Vivi’s creator, he’ll probably speak down on him like he’s nothing - this will infuriate Zidane, and then a deadly fight will ensue

I can’t wait until the team has fully grown to its maximum and we begin to see what is really happening. The moment in which us eight know what is truly happening behind closed doors, and have the momentum and ability as a unit to do something about it, is probably when the game will really fly by. I’ve spent 55 hrs exploring a ton, fighting countless battles trying to get stronger. I like these characters a lot, so the many operations and sinister motives of Kuja will be kept in mind. It will feel glorious to lead an all out assault on this Kuja when the time comes. And it will be a vicious one. I’m talking armed to the teeth, innumerable potions being used with zero regard via auto potion, decked out squad fortified to like level 70 at the very least, going in with the best items, all abilities learned, etc. Kuja has barely been shown at all but his impact upon this world and its people - all the inhabitants; it’s been too flagrant. He’s caused an insurmountable amount of suffering and he is doing it all without a care in the world. His deeds have been executed effortlessly and he truly seems way too powerful at this point. The crazy thing is, he’s only had about a few minutes of screen time, if that, but when I think about the upheaval he’s caused / all the damage that’s been shown in everyone’s lives then it’s like his presence is magnified...
Fossil Roo is good. I was there for three hours but it was still an area I thought was constructed well. Usually, underground areas such as Fossil Roo are sort of a place where I’ll expect a lot of danger and potential for disaster. But here there was only minor conflict. That machine chasing us through the pendulum blades was alarming at first but both were easy to get past. The treasure chests were what really took the most time. I was trying to figure out how to get to that one treasure chest near the vines where there are 4-5 statue heads that would spew water down as Zidane climbs. I was in that specific cavern for about 30-45 minutes testing things out until I figured that I had tried everything. It was something that could only be accessed by taking a different route I would find out. Needed to flip a switch and try something else to get it. I think that chest had Fairy Earrings
And Fushitsusha Fushitsusha you're not going to believe this, but it wasn't until I got to Fossil Roo that I realized that Quina learns Magic Spells by eating. So here I am, 30-35% into the game and I haven't eaten a single foe that I could recall, wondering why in the fuck Quina only has one option to use for Blue Magic in battle after all this time lmfao. This is what happens when a FF nub cake gets behind the wheel

It's actually a great thing though, because fighting to weaken foes and allowing Quina to get her fill (in hopes that it leads to new abilities) adds an entirely new dynamic to fighting enemies in the overworld. It makes battle a lot more intricate, softening up enemies so Quina can finish them off and learn new abilities to use / Blue Magic category. I think it's fun. And now there's a reason to fight even the chumps in the earlier explored sectors of the map
Starting to feel like a bad dude in battle? Between haste, auto-potion, counter and such, how can anyone call it slow?
Still getting better, only flaw I'm trying to eliminate is the habit of button mashing. I still need to find a balance there. There are times when I rush battles and just mash the attack button when fighting the stronger enemies instead of experimenting and learning. Haven't used haste yet, or counter but auto-potion is something that I know for certain will come in very handy versus the dragons and other major boss battles
What's the best platform to play this game on now? PC? Playstation 4/5? Xbox? or are all the versions fairly similar?
Not the Switch version. Some battles take ten seconds to even load, at their longest. You literally get a black screen almost every battle that lasts 1-2 seconds, sometimes, 3-5 seconds (depending on the area), sometimes as long as 10 entire seconds. No joke. I've experienced at least a dozen battles where I had to wait about 10 entire seconds for the battle to load, it's just a black screen until everything loads. That's my only real complaint about this game but it probably has more to do with the Nintendo Switch than the game itself, to be fair
Eiko is the best character along with Vivi. Whenever one of them speaks, they steal the show.
Eiko's a very unique and interesting character, even after only having just met her. I can imagine the rest of the game being very amusing from now on thanks to her

She has a keen sense for danger. Eiko called out incoming enemies before anyone else knew at the Iifa Tree. She’s also ready to fight in an instant. I liked how she confronted the powerful tree-like being responsible for the creating of the black mages and wanted to kill him immediately, but Zidane told her to wait, and asked him more questions to get some answers. It’s pretty cool seeing how calm the party is before such powerful enemies. This tree is largely responsible for creating instruments of murder, and inciting war with the by-product of creating those weapons (black mages) which is the Mist...yet Nobody is fretting out. They’re completely in control of themselves while gathering this critical information before such a great enemy. Vivi is even being called a weapon and a puppet and put on the spot by this villain yet he doesn’t get rattled. Instead he confronts him dead on and said this:

Vivi: “No more!

I wont let you make any more instruments of murder!”

Zidane was impressed by this, and I think Eiko might have praised him some too but I forget. Dagger seemed concerned and said something to the effect of, “Vivi...” but overall I was impressed here with Vivi. That was a decisive moment that fired up Zidane, which can only be a good thing heading into battle. Vivi let the team know he’s going all out. Definitely a standout moment in this game

Krathoon

It seems to be the same on all platforms. There is also a Switch version. I am playing it in a PS1 emulator. I was thinking about getting the Switch cart, but it is more expensive.

Last edited:

mango drank

What's the best platform to play this game on now? PC? Playstation 4/5? Xbox? or are all the versions fairly similar?
I just recently picked it up on Steam, and I installed the Moguri mod. It gives you AI-upscaled backgrounds, and lets you play in widescreen where it's able to. The original backgrounds are too blurry on a hi-res PC monitor otherwise. (Yeah, you can emulate the PSX version of the game and turn on CRT filters, but that's a hassle. I've tried it, and I like the Moguri way + hi-res character models better.)

Long ago, internet detectives dug up the original hi-res renders of the FF9 backgrounds done by Square themselves. I'm surprised those have never been used in place of AI-upscaled backgrounds. Maybe there's a mod out there that uses them, but if there is, I can't find it. Here's an old GAF thread with some samples of the original hi-res backgrounds (SPOILERS):

Cutty Flam

Banned
Kuja is well written, he's even more powerful that I imagined. It seems, based on his monologue, that he's not even the strongest in the game...He's going to challenge someone who has even more power than he does and has been preparing for this moment for 10 years

Queen Brahne's death scene was insane. I can't believe in her final moments that she was at ease after being burned alive by Bahamut. Even though her actions were her own, she recognized her folly in her final moments. It was true that she was consumed by the power of greed but she still loved her daughter beneath all of that. And knew that the people would be happy under her daughter's rein as Queen of Alexandria

Amarant is a great addition. I'm excited to have him aboard for the entire 2nd half of the game. Might make a thread ranking the entire team when it's all said and done and I can't wait to see how he develops after hanging with Zidane's and the crew for a portion of this quest; seeing what they're all like and how it changes him

Back in Alexandria right now, playing as Vivi. I'm going to play a ton of cards here and try to expand the collection. I'm getting better at Tetra Master. I think I'm going to use my chump cards exclusively for a while and try to win some good ones here. I bet Hippaul has a lot of great cards never seen before

squarealex

Disc 2 is perfect... but after many years... and even if I love this game... still think the Disc 3 is the most weakness part... especially the middle. Less exploration or "new thing/village/town".. too many castle (Kuja Castle, oelvert castle, Ypsen Castle)... hate a bit the mood of the team... too happy teams... the remix of main theme is awful... angry Steiner miss me... freyja and amarant is transparent... and ffs why we not fighting Fire Guardian, Water Guardian and Wind Guardian ? Some boss and part is brillant (the begining of Disc 3, Kuja Castle and Oelvert Castle, all the end of Disc 3 on Tera)... but common... Kuja explain all his plan to Hilda...wtf

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Disc 2 is perfect... but after many years... and even if I love this game... still think the Disc 3 is the most weakness part... especially the middle. Less exploration or "new thing/village/town".. too many castle (Kuja Castle, oelvert castle, Ypsen Castle)... hate a bit the mood of the team... too happy teams... the remix of main theme is awful... angry Steiner miss me... freyja and amarant is transparent... and ffs why we not fighting Fire Guardian, Water Guardian and Wind Guardian ? Some boss and part is brillant (the begining of Disc 3, Kuja Castle and Oelvert Castle, all the end of Disc 3 on Tera)... but common... Kuja explain all his plan to Hilda...wtf
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll pay extra attention to this stretch of the game

After the events that just took place, I can imagine there is a lot to process for every single character who knows what's going on with Kuja. Everyone is sort of cooling off right now, and trying to move forward. Zidane isn't even speaking a word to anyone at the moment. He's just sitting there at the local Tavern, thinking....

All I know is that I'm going to find Alleyway Jack this time around

Fushitsusha

Banned
Interesting, and your criticism is appreciated and needed in here. While I see the flaws mentioned and understand them better than ever, I largely do not agree. Disc 3 is brilliant. In fact, it might have the most and varied content of the bunch? Locations are excellent, writing still funny, stylized, deep in symbolism yet sad when it calls for. Like a book, or a theatrical script. It introduces tons of story development. But like said, I do agree with you that it is where things might feel a little rushed not explaining things fully as well as it might have otherwise, and with disc 4 feeling a little more fan fiction in its dialogue, I still think it ultimately does it very well in tying it all up and especially sticks the landing on the ending proper. Most importantly, nothing particularly feels lazy (lots of attention to details) or too rushed. This is called pacing. Technical limitations need to be factored in too. Ambiguity is good.

Even at its worst, the writing in IX is many times better than modern Final Fantasy and a lot modern games. Those are focus tested to hell for ADD people as far as I'm concerned. There there is no time to explain or include shit, because the player might feel bad, confused or even worse: BORED! Yet, these games throw in a bunch of boring shit up the wazoo. Makes sense? Not to me. One hour in IX has more memorable content than 10 hours of XV. No joke.

1 hour in IX = Pages of dialogues with hidden meanings and going from Treno to Alexandria to Lindblum.
1 hour in XV = A few forgettable throwaway lines of dialogue (blockbuster, popcorn flick) from one of the characters while you run around an empty field stopping by one of those copy-pasted gas stations again. If you're lucky you might get one CGI cutscene that tries to look flashy but says not much else. Want to know more about things that should actually be in the game? Check out this complementary movie and anime series and buy this and this DLC next year! That game was objectively unfinished and a mess. There we can talk underdeveloped and lazy and cringe and pointless and...

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam , you should become a game reviewer.

I will respond a little on your playthrough soon.
71891-42.png

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam , you should become a game reviewer.
I wouldn’t last a week lol, I play video games at a snail’s pace
I will respond a little on your playthrough soon.
71891-42.png
No rush at all, it’s best to post freely

I like how Quina was ordering that Moogle friend of Eiko’s at Madain Sari to catch more fish, then decides there’s no more fish so jumps in the river and swims home lmao

Whoever designed and conceived Quina’s character is kind of funny. I’ll have to take a lukewarm corndog off its stick, lather it in mustard and chuck it at the developer’s windbreaker one day in appreciation

Fushitsusha

Banned
I wouldn’t last a week lol, I play video games at a snail’s pace
Not this time! Hallmark of a good game.
Whoever designed and conceived Quina’s character is kind of funny.
There is one especially funny with Cid and Quina for a split second coming up. The game doesn't beat you over the head with it*. It's just a naturally funny moment and a way to throw in a pique in the script on what previously happened to Cid.

*You just know that it would have been dragged out in the year 2021 and it ends up not even funny but annoying and shows the lack of creativity.
"Get it, get it? Now laugh."

This ties in with my complaints of XV above. Something that would have been missable, a detour or bonus content in IX, would be stretched over hours, if not the whole game. So much padding. That is an exaggeration... but let's just say that something similar that happens in IX that takes like 1 hour is almost the whole game of XV.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Come to think of it... is Quina like Kirby? Quirby.

Cutty Flam Cutty Flam Quina learning spells by devouring enemies is to be experimented with indeed if you feel like it. Goes from one of the worst in battle to be(a)st.

Another else that can transform that hastily is Soulcage, the boss at Iifa Tree. Did you notice a specific there? From quite challenging to very easy. The items that can be found within along with the inhabitants of monsters is a hint towards it. It's not just IX this works in...

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Honestly disc 3 might be my favorite. It's difficult to say but I certainly don't view it any worse.

Edit: 3 posts in a row in tribute to disc 3. Problem? Fuck you :messenger_heart:

(Just like I don't see any issues with disc 3 I don't see any issues with double posting. Triple posting might take it a bit far, but any excuse to bump this thread... :messenger_smirking:)

Favorite location though? ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME OR DONT CARE FOR SPOILERS!
Memoria.

Gorgeous environment filled with high-stake boss battles, immensely important to the story, secrets (Excalibur for Steiner, hidden Synthesis Shop...)
Let's see if you agree later, Cutty Flam Cutty Flam !

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Come to think of it... is Quina like Kirby? Quirby.
Quina is basically a hybrid of Kirby, King Dedede, and Lickitongue from Pokémon lol
Did you notice a specific there?
The time spent at the Iifa Tree was a blur. It happened so fast and kept me in a zone from the moment Eiko enabled them to enter, to the scene where Vivi was reflecting and Dagger was mourning the death of her mother. That was the last scene shown until the screen cut to black and narrated that they had returned to Alexandria and brought Queen Brahne’s dead body with them. I get the feeling Vivi is narrating? It could be Zidane as well, but I think that was Vivi who was telling us the story

Kuja mentioned that the Mist was dregs of incomplete souls, (I think) something along those lines...Was a lot to take in, but Kuja mentioned that the Mist will still exist in caves and forests

Favorite location though?
Gonna say, in this order:

1. Treno (hope we revisit this city)
2. Alexandria
3. Lindblum

One more thing. I noticed this and it struck me as odd

Right after Kuja had summoned that frighteningly powerful eidolon in the sky (the massive evil looking eye) that turned Bahamut against the Queen and her fleet, Kuja looked like he was about to do something to his face. Like he was about to unmask himself right there, or more that he wanted to, but knew he shouldn’t—or even couldn’t... I don’t know what Kuja was thinking... that was a clear victory but if he wanted to reveal himself right then and there so badly why didn’t he? Is this powerful enemy he has been plotting against for ten long years powerful enough to have detected his presence when not concealed? Kuja is very mysterious. And I get the feeling his true form is an abomination to set eyes on for some reason. I get the feeling that Vaati from the Legend of Zelda series is inspired by Kuja, a wild guess of mine for this time. We’ll see how it goes

Kuja had a face that sort of said, no, the time is near but it is not now. It’s like he is dying to free himself from his disguise. Which only tells me that this villain is so powerful that the mere thought of being weak enough to have to hide is eating him alive inside. It seems possible that Kuja’s hatred is being mightily suppressed right now, and when he can become his true self the villain will explode in a fit of wrath. It just has me thinking, that whoever he is hiding from must be nearly omniscient for Kuja to have to be this careful. Everything is very calculated coming from him

rdnecIY.jpg

Very difficult to read antagonist...

Fushitsusha

Banned
Very astute observation. You know what else might have been inspired by Kuja? :unsure:
Think about it LOL.

Last edited:

Mopey bloke

The best way to play is the PSX original. The modern port has removed 360º analogue movement, and capped the frame rate at 15 in combat. It's also more cohesive looking with everything in the same resolution. Of course you can also get some higher res and anti-aliasing with emulators. In the original the battle window updates at 60 FPS and commands are positioned in a manner more pleasant to use with buttons, while the modern console version was derived of a mobile port designed for touch.

My judgement is play it on newer platforms only if you want to use the cheats.

The best way to play is the PSX original. The modern port has removed 360º analogue movement, and capped the frame rate at 15 in combat. It's also more cohesive looking with everything in the same resolution. Of course you can also get some higher res and anti-aliasing with emulators. In the original the battle window updates at 60 FPS and commands are positioned in a manner more pleasant to use with buttons, while the modern console version was derived of a mobile port designed for touch.

My judgement is play it on newer platforms only if you want to use the cheats.
Valid.
I actually should have mentioned how terrible the battle ATB UI looks in the modern ports. Anything to change it back to the original appearance is a must if possible.

Cutty Flam

Banned

oCyQrAn.jpg

x2xEbbJ.jpg

RFSQJjM.jpg

kcEYf62.jpg
Dat love letter ahahahahaha "pie_tears_joy::pie_roffles:
Probably the funniest scene I've ever seen in a game
When Beatrix connected the dots and thought it was Steiner :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:
Blanks responses to Marcus were funny as fuck too lol. "And if you don't think I'm a ladies man, you're wrong. Chicks are intimidated by good-looking guys. That's why..." and then Steiner came along next haha
10/10 scene

2nd half to FFIX starts off extremely strong. I'm right at the point where Dagger loses her voice. And now, Zidane is about to set off to the different districts of Lindblum to collect the ingredients that might help Regent Cid return back to normal, courtesy of Doctor Tot. Cinna has one of the three ingredients so Zidane had his mind set on him first. That entire Alexandria sections...wow. I spent about 3 hours in total trying to defeat the optional Book/Demon boss in the Alexandria Library. I'm level 33 with Zidane and Vivi while the rest are close (except Amarant) so it was a very tough battle. Was not expecting that at all lol. It was the first true test in battle IMO. I was locked in battle for about twenty minutes. Honestly, that was a brilliant fight. It took everything I had to defeat it. Tactics, strategy, perseverance, determination, plenty of preparation, anticipation and timing. I was surprised when I finally won. I was determined to defeat this boss even if it took days but honestly thought it was going to be a grueling hour long boss fight that would have been won by a hair. Without Freya, that victory wouldn't have been possible at only level 33. I think she was the deciding factor in that fight

Kuja and this other dude are on an entirely different level. It seems like ultimately, that Dagger, Eiko, Vivi, and possibly Quina are going to become way tougher in this 2nd half. Those eidolons are no joke

Cutty Flam

Banned
Krathoon Krathoon Click reply on this post, and you’ll be able to see what I typed to use both. You basically just use these [ ] parenthesis and type ispoiler in the first set of parenthesis and /ispoiler in the second set of parenthesis to close your spoilers

Spoiler tag is the same thing you just type spoiler inside the first set of parenthesis and then /spoiler in your second set of parenthesis

Examples below:

Kuja
Kuja

Mopey bloke

Many people new to the game love it and many don't. I say you gotta have more patience with this than most other games in its series. Especially the old ones. That's because it has many more cutscenes. Also it loads slow and animates slow. Still I recommend it.

TheContact

the worst part about this game is the slow atb charges, but the newer ports have a speed mode so it kinda helps. the FF original creator said it's his most favorite FF, and he was happy to go back to a more traditional setting for FF games given that the previous two were technically out of character compared to the preceding games. it's really polished, well localized, and a great game overall, yet I still like 7 and 8 more.

Cutty Flam

Banned
The search for Alleyway Jack

Seeing the destruction of Alexandria hit me in the feels when I revisited. The music combined with the efforts of all the people was both heartbreaking and lovely to see. Everyone was working together to rebuild

Every character on the team is growing at a rapid rate yet Kuja is still too powerful to take on at this point in time. I just learned he's alien to this planet we're on. He's not of this world, of Gaia. Eiko herself has noted his power is great. The level of power between Kuja and all the rest is staggering, and that's what makes this all so intriguing. It's virtually everyone in the know, versus this one powerful villain. I'd like to hear more about this guy Kuja is trying to kill, he seems to be the most powerful person in the entire story by a large margin. Kuja is powerful enough, but his enemy is one Kuja seems to fear greatly. To the point of hiding in a different world in disguise, even taking such precaution to operate underneath the planet. So Kuja is doing everything he can lay low, which really makes me want to see more of his enemy

Right now I'm in the Village of Dali, it's the first place I've visited after finding Dagger at Alexandria, visiting her mother's grave. She spoke again, and talked about how she was caught up with superficial worries relating to her duties as royalty. She's now cut her hair and intends to be with the team. She's grown so much as a character, and so quickly too. Just being with Zidane, Vivi, and the rest I think has lead to her becoming a much more capable Queen, and she realizes this. It was never stated, but to read between the lines here, I think Dagger recognizes she has true friends and knows that they can accomplish great things together so has chosen to step away from Alexandria for the time being, so she can take down Kuja with everyone. She was technically a Queen the moment Queen Brahne died, but it was when she spoke to Zidane and cut her hair when she truly became Queen of Alexandria. Dagger was already a leader, but now things have changed. You can't look at her as a sixteen year old girl assuming the throne, even though that is accurate, but she is the Queen of Alexandria and a Queen of action IMO. Everything came as a shock and happened so rapidly, but Dagger's strength and resolve has been found, and I think is about to be fully realized

This is a superb cast of characters and I'm loving the story. I've spent so much time with the NPCs everywhere. Some random thoughts

• Part-time worker Jeff and Part-time worker Mary are now together at South Gate
  • Baku is still the man. More powerful than Kuja and his adversary combined and doesn't step in because he wants the Tantalus Theater Troupe and friends to get some practice in
  • Ruby x Blank needs to happen
  • The old man and old lady near the alleyway in the poorer areas of Alexandria, reading what they had to say was heartbreaking. The aftermath of war and its destruction; its effects on all levels
  • Regent Cid's wife was fun to meet. I like her character. She threatened him several times. I was amused when she gave that one lighthearted tongue-in-cheek remark to Cid while he was still at her mercy, "Maybe I should change you into a Hedgehog Pie" lol thought that was cool, a little joke based off the cards from the card game, Tetra Master, I enjoyed that one
  • Fitting way for those two court jester clowns to go out
  • Mog was an Eidolon all that time... This adds an interesting side of the story to dwell on
  • Something seems to be going on with the Mognet system possibly, the mail deliverer (dark purplish, pinkish Moogle) is being suspicious apparently according to one Moogle who has pointed this out
  • Thought there was something up with the Mayor of Dali, but maybe it just seemed that way. He was at Alexandria with his family trying to get a room from Hippaul's dad at their hotel
  • Queen Brahne's death was significant. She was probably disliked heavily by all fans of this game, but the main thing to know is that she was only human. And in the end, she regretted her flaws and her betrayals to herself, against others. In the end, she meant well, but the ways of the world had gotten to her. Dagger's heart was pure to love her mother even in spite of all that she had done. This might be overlooked by many, but I consider the writing here and story to be profound. When I saw Dagger at her mother's grave, I figured she was thinking deeply and trying to find her way. And she has chosen the correct path. She will stand beside her friends and continue to push forward with them, towards the future

Cutty Flam

Banned
The part where you swing the cage is also annoying. You have to figure out the rhythm.
Wait until you get to disc 3, there’s something even tougher than that. I liked them both, but they took me a solid five minutes each lol
I'm looking at getting either ff7(not the remster) or ff9 to replay through. I'll be playing on ps5. Anyone have a comment on how they play there?
PS4/5 graphics look incredible for this game. I think you can expect long load times before battles no matter how it’s played based on what others have said

Cutty Flam

Banned
Now, I am past the part where you save the princess. I am on the Ramuh part.
I didn't understand what the Eidolon was trying to teach in that segment. It spoke about a man named Joseph through that challenge but I wasn't sure if it related to the story in any way, that put-together story...It must have been something significant coming from an Eidolon, but nothing got through to me

Krathoon

I didn't understand what the Eidolon was trying to teach in that segment. It spoke about a man named Joseph through that challenge but I wasn't sure if it related to the story in any way, that put-together story...It must have been something significant coming from an Eidolon, but nothing got through to me
It sounded like that it does not matter what people think about what you do as long as you do what you think is right. That is why either ending of the story is correct.

Cutty Flam

Banned

Some of the best moments of this game are when Zidane tells the team to hold tight and he goes alone to handle something. When listening to A Transient Past, it made me realize something that has been an ongoing theme for me. That the scope of this story makes me worry at times; worry not only for the team but for all life on Gaia. This is a new feeling in gaming for me, I don't think I've ever faced such a wicked villain with this much power before

It's fortunate to know that Kuja seems intent only on focusing on his one true goal. He doesn't possess any rage or wrath that he has taken out on the world just yet. Everything thus far has been methodically planned, anticipated, and executed by Kuja. No wasted energy. It seems like he can destroy all civilization if he wished to but if I had to guess, his main enemy has, in a way, forced Kuja to master himself. He still slips and tells Cid's wife his plans like a fool for some reason. He's probably going insane from being alone for so long, with only outcome on his mind. But it's like Kuja is feverish because he knows everything is within reach, yet he still possesses some doubt within. I can't wait to advance some more in the story. I've just gathered four pieces of mirror that were placed on a mural of the world map. "All is one, one is all"

Zidane understands what has been spoken and intends to solve this all in one go. We're going to four distinct areas on the map in pairs. The team will split up into twos from here on out

Top Bottom