• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Forza Horizon 3

MilkyJoe

After finally managing to set up the HDR correctly on my KS7000, I thought I'd have a bash at FH3 and downloaded Hot Wheels DLC last night, was only £4 and a few pennies, I can quite honestly say it is the greatest DLC of all time. Holy shit the graphics in 4K HDR are unbelievable. Did a night race, heavy rain, and the moon was out in the sky. The brightness of he moon actually looked real, and the rain coming at the headlights. Man the game is a looker.

Zimmy68

I'm in the same boat. I feel like it does a really poor job of explaining to you the flow of events. I end up just going to whatever's on the map and doing it. Still fun, just not as straight forward as FH2.

Game looks so good though.

Count me as one trying to love this game but usually have no clue on what to do.
And it drives me insane when I am greeted with "Press X to enter Festival".
I press X and...
What I expect to happen, - a huge event board of specific things to complete to win that festival. Pick and choose, fast travel if you want, etc.

What happens, I get a nice picture of my car in a garage.

I think it looks gorgeous, I just hate wasting my time driving around with nothing to do. I keep having to talk myself into launching it.

I also worry that I am not using the right car for the right event, does it even make a difference. The game should let you change your car on the fly before the event instead of quiting, driving miles back. then drive back.
Maybe it lets you, I just haven't figured out how.

From FH2 was a bit put off by the multiplayer achievements, I'm literally one away from 100% FH1 due to some crappy multiplayer one. Left a sour taste, the 3rd FH seems to have quite a few, with a weird way of progression (create your own events? huh..), not for me. Great looking game though, crazy graphics.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
WOW.... I can honestly say I think you just "un-sold" me on this game. I was seriously going to give it a try upon upgrading to Windows 10, but after reading this? Ugh!!

You've just described everything I hate about racing games. Reading about how bad the steering wheel and force feedback is was one thing, but now reading about how there's no real, meaningful progression in the campaign, and they just hand all the cars to you on a silver platter from the beginning? No...fucking....thanks. I'll stick to GRID 2 while waiting for Forza 7 :/

I feel like an idiot after posting this a few months ago. Having put about 30hrs into the game so far, I can't put it down. Gives the term digital crack a whole new meaning.

Artistic

Would like to finish a Horizon game in it's completion. A Horizon 4 set in Toyko would make that decision even harder.

Pentapolis

Bought it in game when I was up on Blizzard mountain.
It's also on the Windows 10 store for that much.

Thanks for the info; sadly that price is only for gold members and I'm on PC. Oh well, I'll have to wait for now...

Its looks nice and all, but it feels primitive compared to GTA5.

I thought this too, then got to thinking - would my G920 work for the driving bits in GTA? That could be a lot of fun! Will have to look into it I think...

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Thanks for the info; sadly that price is only for gold members and I'm on PC. Oh well, I'll have to wait for now...

I thought this too, then got to thinking - would my G920 work for the driving bits in GTA? That could be a lot of fun! Will have to look into it I think...

There maybe mods for the PC version of GTA5 where u use wheels.
To clarify on my position, when I played FH3 I liked it but after a while I think to myself If I want a game where I drive around in an open world I can play GTA5 but also get out my car and rocket launch other players if the need comes.
I get why driving fans dig it though the driving part of FH3 is far superior to GTA5.

MilkyJoe

There maybe mods for the PC version of GTA5 where u use wheels.
To clarify on my position, when I played FH3 I liked it but after a while I think to myself If I want a game where I drive around in an open world I can play GTA5 but also get out my car and rocket launch other players if the need comes.
I get why driving fans dig it though the driving part of FH3 is far superior to GTA5.

You don't race in GTA, it's not comparable as a game.

pawel86ck

Banned
After finally managing to set up the HDR correctly on my KS7000, I thought I'd have a bash at FH3 and downloaded Hot Wheels DLC last night, was only £4 and a few pennies, I can quite honestly say it is the greatest DLC of all time. Holy shit the graphics in 4K HDR are unbelievable. Did a night race, heavy rain, and the moon was out in the sky. The brightness of he moon actually looked real, and the rain coming at the headlights. Man the game is a looker.
With HDR forza horizon 3 looks breathtaking, it's hard to play SDR version after seeing HDR. Without HDR urban areas looks somewhat washed out and grey, but with HDR enabled buildings paint just pop (it's like seeing buildings paint in real life)

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

With HDR forza horizon 3 looks breathtaking, it's hard to play SDR version after seeing HDR. Without HDR urban areas looks somewhat washed out and grey, but with HDR enabled buildings paint just pop (it's like seeing buildings paint in real life)

With HDR it's easily the best looking game I've played. especially the sunrise on Blizzard mountain.

Top Bottom