• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Killzone Shadow Fall

SkylineRKR

Its unbelievable that this game is almost 10 years old. I remember picking up my PS4 in November, and Killzone was the game I bought it with (along with FIFA and Battlefield 4). It was a great time, a huge step up from the clunky PS3 with its bad vaseline resolutions and awful framerates. To me a bigger step than the step to PS5 which generally solved the loading issues (which is very good I might add).

Anyway, Killzone SF. Amazing graphics, good and challenging gunplay but awful level design and pacing. It was a worse game than 2 and 3. But it did look incredible. I didn't regret because it was a real showcase exclusive you buy just for the graphics of your new console.

Some sections were obviously not balanced out enough, probably tight schedule. I think Shadow Fall would benefit from not being a launch game. Level design felt unfinished and didn't flow well, it was a lot like PDZ as I walked into useless dead ends a lot. Encounter design was awful the more you progressed. The Echo stealth section barely functioned.

Certinty

All I remember is getting this at launch and being very disappointed. Felt like a tech demo with amazing visuals and shit in every other way to say the least, not even the gameplay was good.

I never really cared that much for the series but one of my first PSP games was Killzone Liberation and I remember really enjoying that game.

Game still looks good today, but the combat was so lackluster. Maybe I’ll check it out again. Does anyone know if it’s bumped up to 60fps on ps5?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Game still looks good today, but the combat was so lackluster. Maybe I’ll check it out again. Does anyone know if it’s bumped up to 60fps on ps5?
Yep, locked 60 since it used an unlocked framerate.

Great site, btw:

Rush2112

Banned
I really liked the music and the modern sci fi setting of the game. The shooting was ok, controlling the drone gameplay was just annoying and the plot was just cringeworthy.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
An unbelievable looker when it came out, I remember sitting their playing it launch day and just being HOLY FUCK at the graphics, I didn't mind the story or the gameplay tbh, it was perfectly serviceable and each new level brought ever new incredible sights, GG definitely are god tier when it comes to visuals, Forbidden West is a testament to that but damn it'd be great to see them do another Killzone on the PS5

Top Bottom