I'm on a "games I meant to play but never did" kick as of late, and this is one of those games I regret never getting around to back in the day. I can distinctly recall being in high school when this game came out on PS1 and my good friend at the time was going bonkers over it. He brought in some large guide on the game and talked it up for a week straight. For some reason I never hopped on the Lunar train back then and I can't recall why. However, it's about time I rectified that! I've always heard that the characters and story in this game were phenomenal, albeit with lacking graphics/combat system, but that it's a "true classic". So, time to find out what all the hub bub is about.
I'm going into this game blind - no strategy guides, no prior knowledge of the story or anything in the game, so I'm looking forward to it.
As with my previous LTTP, I'll be streaming this on my twitch channel. Feel free to stop in for some nostalgia bombing or just to check out the game if you've never played it.
I know this has kind of been a cult classic here on GAF. Have any of you played the Saturn version as well as the PS1 version? I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about them and which you prefer.
Progress so far:
- Got past the first dungeon and to the next town. VOD here
- Past the magic academy and up to the island of the so-called Dragonmaster. VOD here
- Up to the tower of knowledge after rescuing everyone from the Vile Tribe. VOD here
- About to head to the Red Dragon cave in order to traverse the Red Dragon's trial. VOD here
- The final dragon trials have been completed. Alex is now the dragonmaster and after quite a turn of events the party is about to traverse to the Frontier in their new airship. VOD here
- Just past where The Grindery faces off against Vana in a magic showdown after chasing The Grindery back from The Frontier. VOD here
- Through the rest of the game and to the ending of this epic story! VOD here