• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Observation is pretty scary and pretty good. [Now on GamePass

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Another day another devaluated game on GamePass, so I this downloaded horror-ish puzzle game the other night and so far I can recommend it. The atmosphere is good, graphics looks good and simple yet pretty good puzzles kept me playing.

What I have to point out is an amazing sound design which emphasize what is happening on the screen, which definitely creates thick atmosphere. A lot of deep hums and disorted noises, with disorted images from cameras...it fits.

Another thing is very nice typography in the game, since you play as computer on board ship, you sometimes look through some menus and shit and it works well in the context of the game.

What I don't like that woman is sometimes stupid and don't say what she want from me in particular and you have to slowly scan environment with cameras (they move slowly, which is rage inducing, especially when something is happening and she want it fast) and again, slowass movement of the cameras which you posess. Later you going to play as floating ball, so it does not matter that much.

So far the only game which has atmosphere akin to Alien: Isolation, it's puzzle game, so don't expect some action, but so far atmosphere and whole scene of the games, got me hooked.

So recommened.
----
Ahh Slayven keyboard struck and hit enter before I want, if someone can edit "]" to the end of the title, it would have been appreciated.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Beat the game last night. Sound design is SICK, so many good things about it, I was really pleasantly surprised and the beginning really got me invested despite somewhat painful SLOW navigation.
A game where you play a spaceship AI is an awesome concept, too bad the whole plot draws a little bit too much inspiration from certain famous 70's movie by Stanley Kubrick, so much that even mentioning it feels like a spoiler. All the biggest twists can be seen from miles away and the ending didn't really make any sense aka "open for interpretation".

Overall, a nice slow-paced breather between action games for anyone into sci-fi, grab it while it's on GamePass.

Top Bottom