• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
2ds-link-edition-img.png

When I first started this game I had the impression it was a soft RPG, and finding out it's a temple ridden game, with sharp gameplay that's respected a great deal by the gaming community and I never heard I bad thing about it and you got to remember it's a game from the 90s.

tumblr_nhkfa1fFgf1txcfsmo1_500.gif

I remember playing the N64 version growing up, it had the best soundtrack, weapons and one of the most underrated open worlds in gaming.

tumblr_mriyodyOdz1s1kfubo1_500.png

To me the game gave Nintendo so many punches, and it's Ocarina of Time, and than every other Zelda, you can choose your second, third, forth best Zelda.

Zelda and Link's relationship isn't perfect but that's because the other characters (Impa, Owl, rest of the sages etc) set everyone else up.

The temples (Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit) couldn't have been better, all they want you to do is solve puzzles, beat bosses and having freedom doing so, it is as close to perfect as you can get.

AromaticNaughtyGoral-small.gif

The success of Ocarina of Time spawn a sequel (Majora's Mask, maybe the more interesting game) but talk to me about the Triforce, how saving the princess plays out, and not having a controversial time sequence that scared off gamers from playing the game.

What Link went through to get to Ganondorf I just think it played out perfectly.

tumblr_megvtzXZJX1rllcopo1_400.gif

The Zelda format has changed over the years and I'm buying the fact that Nintendo is still true to the original format. Link is still the franchise, the format is too good and adding motion controls, or shrines isn't an issue when your foundation is so good.

Wasn't really a fan of the original game at the time, but the 3DS iteration makes it a pretty great game. Being able to instantly pick items in the bottom screen is so good, and the graphics are nice to look at as well.

Played this a while back, the 3D is really fucking good and they didn't go overboard with changes, it's mostly just nice QOL stuff. It's a shame MM3D didn't shape up so well.

Collin

Banned
Nerrel sums it up quite nicely.

I think that’s a well made video and while his points against it are fair, all of them really amount to minor nitpicks. The quality of life improvements they added to MM3D far outweigh these few things they fucked up. I’d be way more likely to replay MM3D than N64 MM.

Best case scenario would be re-releasing these on switch and fixing those minor things. Come on Nintendo, you’d made so much goddamn money and it would be so easy on your side, just do it!

God Enel

Nerrel sums it up quite nicely.

Thank you for this. I didn't know they made so many changes. I completely agree with this guy. Especially the swimming was soo much fun back in the days when I played it on N64.
And I loved the creepy dark mood and they changed it in the remake (see water temple)

T_LVPL

I’ll still never get how people can enjoy Ocarina or Majoras, or even see the environments properly on that rubbish little screen.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I’ll still never get how people can enjoy Ocarina or Majoras, or even see the environments properly on that rubbish little screen.
it's stuffed under your nose so the screen is more like a 55 at minimum

Top Bottom