• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Oneechanbara Z2 Chaos

ShinMaruku

I'm sure some of Gaf remembers the 360 and wii games that came out in the US for the Oneechanbara series and remember the shamelessness and overall lewdness of the games and the jank of them.

Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos_Box-Art_001.jpg

Well this one is slightly different since it takes a page from the Kagura part of the story where they tightned up quite a few tings and added half vampire sisters which one speaks English in about 20% of her lines ("Hey mole, Time for RENVENGE" is a favorite of mine) she's basically if Blood Rayne and Dante mated you'd get Kagura.

This game also has the bonus that you can use 4 characters in your team for some sick combos as well as a formation where all 4 of them fight at the same time (Similar to the team attack in some of the warriors games) to spice up the action.

The main crux of the combat is the characters are all from the blood line of the baneful blood where cursed blood (Undead mainly) is used by them to power up their attacks and go into a berzerker rage where they go ham. From the wiki it's translated thus:pon reaching berserk state , those with Baneful Blood make a last ditch effort to contain the reaction, but will inevitably succumb to it's effects. The resulting burst of power will destroy any undead within arm's length. The individual will then become enveloped in a hazy, dark-colored aura.

Aside from the strength and speed boost, individuals in a berserk state will be able to destroy tougher mooks without using the disembowel move or Ecstasy Combos (or in Z Kagura, Vamp Skills).They also generate exacy bar much faster This state comes at a price: the violent movement of the blood takes a toll on their bodies, hence the loss of health. Moreover, the healing effect of Green Gems will have no effect. Only concentrated tainted blood in the form of Red Orbs or Blood Clusters can restore health.
In Z Kagura, Kagura and Saaya can counteract the berserk damage by utilizing the Blood Recovery ability unique to vampires. (Clever use of story to explain a way of making it get easier and add a new mechanic) But in this game only the half vampire sisters can do that and Aya and Saki need to play the usual thing, although in this game they go even further by giving them a knock off of Devil Trigger:

0036.jpg

In This one there is no more decay of health since they have refined their abilities to the next level.

Another aspect to cursed blood is it builds up on your weapons lowering their effectiveness, you have to periodicaly clean the weapon through either the reload mechanic or in this edition the Cool Combo finishers that do an extra attack for proper timing that does much more damage as well as instantly cleaning your weapon so you don't need to pause to clean your weapon. These little changes they have continued to add makes this game out of the bad area and with a bit better budget and more time this game can be a great spectacle fighter. They are almost there.

And then there is the infamous 'buy early for free dlc' banana strawberry bikini costumes
found here:http://images.multiplayer.it/thumbs...z2-chaos_2014_09-26-14_028_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg (I ain't riskin getting banned for posting those outfit here.)

I am rather dubious on how much of a limited run this is since I have the dlc myself with my purchase.

I'm sure some on gaf have this game and can help me through some of the thing and we can discuss it. I will also be streaming this bad boy on www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku I hope you come watch.
Let us experince this nuttery together and hopefully we can get some attention and beg Gio to bring this to the US so I can double dip.

Faustek

You know...I was considering giving this a chance but from I've seen combat seem to sluggish for me to enjoy. As game play would be it's only saving grace as far as I know.

Or perhaps it's just different weapon stats that make it slow depending on what you're wielding?

ShinMaruku

Leveling in this game makes quite the difference, I ran into a 28 long mission, next run did it in 13 mins Feels SOO good.

DarkOneX

I really want to play this, hoping it comes stateside, think there's any chance? I know I could import it but it's generally a little pricey.

Sir TapTap

I really want to play this, hoping it comes stateside, think there's any chance? I know I could import it but it's generally a little pricey.

You can digitally import too, though I'm not sure it's actually cheaper as you need a JP PSN card and the game's still full price digitally. Plus digitally importing's a little less fun.

I was thinking of picking this up from P-A (haven't imported in a long time). I own Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad but didn't get around to picking up the Wii or PS3 releases.

ShinMaruku

With people bugging Gio Corsi on building the list and people like Xceed anything could happen. As for importing, I got it for around $50 then added rush shipping that added and $11 which comes out to $60 you could get 3 week shipping and pay around $55 I found all these prices worth it. Nippon Yassan has the best prices for this game right now, their sales are quite good. (Kasai region ftw)

I was thinking of picking this up from P-A (haven't imported in a long time). I own Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad but didn't get around to picking up the Wii or PS3 releases.
The Wii and ps3 realesde are a huge upgrade from bikini samurai squad it's not even funny since they streamlined some things and added more abilities since Kagura and Saki are half vampires they use the baneful blood is much more intresting ways. And in this they bring baneful blood to another level where you get dea drive Kagura and Saya and Vo-ga Aya and Saki where their moves are even more powered up and building extacy combo meter is rather easy.

Here are a few vids I managed to record:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL84KAEaJgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XmoJlfcvjE

ShinMaruku

I really wonder if this will be Japanese only since only the story is in Japanese and everything else is in English including 20% of Kagura's lines. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The game play is pretty decent, but this game still feels like an overpriced Simple 2000 game. Would not recommend it for full price.

You can digitally import too, though I'm not sure it's actually cheaper as you need a JP PSN card and the game's still full price digitally. Plus digitally importing's a little less fun.

This game cannot be purchased digitally without a Japanese credit card, due to its Z rating. If you want to import, physical is the only way to go.

Slermy

Played through the first mission. Is there a way to switch to Aya? Or is she only a support character.

Also, I too have one of those DLC codes. I'm not going to use it, so if anyone didn't get one and wants it, let me know.

ShinMaruku

I love it. From Kagura on the games have gotten really solid and have only a few issues. I hope that we can get Gio on this to bring to the west. And for the next one if Sony could desrisk it a bit, we could get a treat.

I really liked Onechanbara on X360. I really want to play this, but I doubt it's coming over to the West. I might import this, but I have an immense backlog currently.

ShinMaruku

It's a much refined version of the 360 wii version they added more skills more moves and the tag system and the new transformations are great. This game is a great import.

It's a much refined version of the 360 wii version they added more skills more moves and the tag system and the new transformations are great. This game is a great import.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the videos I've seen of it so far looks superior to the X360 version and it looks like something I would love to play. I've a huge hack and slash fan and they seem like a rarity nowadays. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. Looks like a lot of fun.

ShinMaruku

One of the advancements of Oneechanbara Z2 chaos updated combat system is cool combos when timed right you get an extra attack and it instantly reloads your weapon. (The blood system reduces your weapon's effectivness the more blood on it, using these combos clean it and keep your damage tip top.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ1TtsuWGcw

Also added to the first port.

ShinMaruku

I really must give this game props for it's training mode where they put in a combo timing bar where you can learn the combos and set up areas where you can practice any fight in the game.

Tohsaka

Please tell me this is getting US localization? I have the Wii version, but this looks so much better.

Doubt it, D3publisher doesn't seem keen to localize their more niche games like this, and Bullet Girls (both of which I imported) anymore. I need to finish up Oneechanbara, think I got like halfway through it before taking a break the other day.

ShinMaruku

They localized about 3 of them so if somebody like xceed or somebody else does it it can come. I would tell enough people to poke Gio though.

Top Bottom