• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - Sekiro (also my first From Software game)

Markness

Banned
As someone else mentioned, can only get better from here.

Sekiro is praised by weebs (how else can such a bare bones game get compared to a full course meal?), and the Soulsborne games are fantastic for its dark fantasy setting that is hard to capture. After you've gotten burned out of this game you should try the remastered version of DS, and then 2, and then BB, and finally finish off with 3. The games are great because despite the bosses being a royal pain, you also need to worry about being invaded, and you can summon people to help you with said invaders and/or bosses. There are different weapons you can use and different builds as well. Sekiro is very bare bones in comparison, and you should really play the game that isn't just fight and thats it. There is a little more to the game then that. You can be a pyromancer for example in the OG souls games. This game.. is just way too shallow and I am harsh on it because of how little you can do compared to the OG games.

mango drank

Here's a tip: play it on a display with a fast response time and low input lag. I played it for a few weeks after it came out on my old TV, and I couldn't get past one of the earlier main bosses (the one with three phases--you'll see) after like 20 tries. I assumed I sucked and my reflexes were awful, so I abandoned the game. Then just recently I saw someone say to use "game mode" on the display you're playing on. My old TV doesn't have those settings, so I hooked it up to a PC monitor and set the response time low, and I beat that boss after a few tries. I also noticed I'm able to do proper deflects (with the big sparks), and dodge more easily.

slade

You started with the best one. Apart from Bloodborne, it's all downhill from here combatwise. If you like staring at menus for a long time, you might be ok.

Hinedorf

Banned
I got Sekiro on the Steam sale....I've played almost all of the From games but Sekiro has officially made me a From-Convert......

From Armored Core to Souls to Bloodborne nothing has really clicked for me like Sekiro. To describe Sekiro in a single word it's "Fair". I'm obsessed with this game right now and fully understand how this could get GOTY amid so many fantastic choices, this feels like my 2021 GOTY.

Top Bottom