• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Statik PSVR (overlooked great game)

Typhares

So Statik on PSVR is a game I had heard about as being pretty good and after playing I can even say I think this game deserves more exposure!

To be honest the standard asking price is too high because the game is pretty short but it is currently on offer on the PSStore and I would highly recommend you give it a try if you like puzzle games.

The premise is simple: your hands are stuck in a 'box' mimicking the posture of yourself holding the controller and each button press has an effect on the box.
By rotating the dualshock controller you are able to look at the box from every angle in a very natural way.
Using that the box needs to be solved in order to move on to the next test. All with a bit of storytelling going on with the scientist and environment.
Some of the boxes can feel a bit frustrating at times because you get no help whatsoever but I would not recommend looking a solution online.
There is always a great feeling that comes with the 'ah-ah!' moment of finally finding the answer.

TLDR: If you're into puzzle games Statik is a great VR game but short (depending on your skill). Highly recommend it when on offer as original asking price is too much.

NXLk6zFh.jpg

Last edited:
Puzzle games are a ultra-niche thing except for Portal and little else. I love this one. It's very creative and makes you think "out of the box" . Recommended as well.

I've always said Statik is one of the best PSVR games, its one of the best puzzle games I've played.

It deserves a place on all top ten PSVR game lists.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Picked it up since it's £4 in the sale right now, thanks for the recommendation.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's worth every dollar. I couldn't finish it because it got too hard, but what I did play was great.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know why I keep passing it up. It's on sale all the time for $8 and I liked the demo forever ago.

Typhares

It's worth every dollar. I couldn't finish it because it got too hard, but what I did play was great.

You should try to get back to it and solve those last few boxes! The one I really struggled was the box with the 9 LED on the left side you can turn purple/blue or leave turned off. Couldn't figure out where the second pattern came from for ages.

Top Bottom