• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Thief (Series)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Edit: wops, new page. Back on topic:
Thief: The Dark Project is 23 years old today (Dec 1st) so I searched for a thread. This will do, all that needs to be added is that to play the two at their vanilla (ish) best you get them via Steam/gog or wherever then apply TFix & T2Fix respectively (but they're okay/have NewDark even without it).

Back off topic:
ah well, i dunno bro i'd only point out that u can reject supernatural powers
Not blink in the original game, you can't do without it.
i always reloaded whenever i got spotted (something which i assiduously avoided because i was going for the relevant achievements/feats)

Your point that you could turn to combat if stealth failed is more of a subjective playstyle decision by you than an imperative imposed by the game design, is what i'm thinkin'. just my take.
No, a subjective playstyle decision is how you refuse to acknowledge you reload the game you can keep playing with no consequence for zero game imposed reasons like subjectively considering it not finishing the mission "as well" or whatever made up crap, "bro".

Edit: guess Thief sucks for not having combat you can reload to ignore like an achievement hunting, box ticking idiot who also thinks claiming a game is piss easy to stealth in an attempt to insult me (you basically said you savescum/reload to stealth so how am I the nub?) is a plus, lol.
fuck knows what kinda nub shit you're doing to get spotted anyway chuyuhuhuhuh
Edit again: lol, you seriously made a poll thread to validate yourself after this? Savescum all you want mate, just don't try and go all high and mighty to insult others without even knowing how well they play a given game, all just to make a shitty nonsense point in your shitty nonsense argument.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Not blink in the original game, you can't do without it.

No, subjective playstyle decision is how you refuse to acknowledge you reload the game you can keep playing with no consequence for zero game imposed reasons, "bro"
lol didn't realize i'd triggered you with word choice

i've no idea what you're saying with that testy response either. You straight up said the presence of combat (which is present in thief btw) means that there's no reason to stress about stealth. I said it's only that way if you choose to join in the combat rather than reload and try to go stealthily again.

Whether you choose it or not the option is there negating any consequence for failing stealth in anything other than arbitrary self imposed limits.

There are limits, you don't score the mission as well, you don't tick boxes, you fail at getting achievements based on not getting detected, the game imposes consequences for breaking stealth.

---

Your complaint is based on your decision to keep playing after discovery, it's not a broken part of the game, it's your own way of playing the game, so it's not a valid criticism of the game, it's a confusing self-criticism that nobody asked for.

fuck knows what kinda nub shit you're doing to get spotted anyway chuyuhuhuhuh

bbbbbbBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_mnwegtK4vg1rmbv5ro1_400.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom