• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LTTP] Titanfall 2 - Metal Warriors, but with feelings

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Back in 2016 there was Doom and it was my favorite game of the year. That's how first person shooters should be imo. But some friend said that the new Titanfall was really good, which I was kinda skeptical because the first one was just ok. He has a taste that looks like mine, so I tried a stage and I said "yeah, that's kinda nice"... But 2016 went, then 2017, 2018... and this week, when I was helping a friend to get a game for her boyfriend, I saw Titanfall 2 on sale and "why not?".

Boy, that's a fine game.

The begining is kinda slow. You have a tutorial and then to get some parts and stuff which is also a tutorial, but then comes robots and you turn friends with BT and a lot of new weapons... It's that kinda of fun that you had in the 90's. You play a game and felt good just to pass the stage.

The enemies are nice. AI is well balanced. The weapons are pretty badass and there's a lot of them. Plataforming is so damn cool. The stage design is well developed and very colorful.

I played on the PS4, so I have a problem that is some frames just are jumped when I kill some guy. Overral problems: there's only one boss that was kinda cool to fight, I don't remember a single music on it, and the faces are mostly weird.

But yeah, I would very recomend this game. Respawn did a really great job, even with EA on their back. I hope that Titanfall 3 comes and finishes nicelly.
519d6d0a2ec623bf587a7ea780aad2e11bf41c0f_hq.gif

(didn't felt close to a robot since Wall-E)

I really liked this one mission in TF2 were time is screwed up and its sending you back and forth... Clean facility to destroyed to reach deep inside the level.

Might be my favorite SP game. Definitely top 3. MP was pretty good. Always like the coop mode. It gets a resurgence of players here and then, so games are still able to be played w/o much wait.

Tesseract

Banned
i also still play, there's about 1370 players on pc and we're always having a great time

i do prefer tf2 to apex in many ways but it flopped so whadda gonna do

gods i love wall running and double jumping

Ezekiel_

Banned
Really great and fun campaign.

From the feel and sounds of the guns, to the mech and wallrunning gameplay, to original level designs and mechanics.

Awesome game.

NoobForce

Neo Member
Titanfall 2 was probably the most underrated title of that year? All the glory was taken by BF1, unfortunately.

I can still remember these really cool puzzles and level design in campaign, classic!

LordOfChaos

Great single player, kept bringing up new ideas and then combining them in novel ways and then retiring them before they got old. Also one of the few competitive multiplayers I've cared about, just the mobility felt so good.

High hopes for TF3

Top Bottom