• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Uncharted 4 | a.k.a why people can sometimes be really shitty

UPDATE #4 (05/07/2016)

Just got round to finishing the game and holy crap, what an experience. Really enjoyed the game on the whole, especially towards the end, mainly because there was many more gun fights. In my book, that was a huge plus because Uncharted 4 has the best gameplay of the series, and is one of the best playing games I've played in recent years -- the gunplay, level design and mechanics are so good, and so I really enjoyed playing the game and the encounters that ensued.

The ending really made me feel hollow inside as well, now that Nate's journey is over. Probably the best series I have had the pleasure of playing. Looking forward to see what Naughty Dog does next obviously, but the ending leaves a lot of room for sequels in many years to come or even, DLC (with Sully and Sam's adventures), or Cassie, so that has definitely kept me interested.

Overall, a fantastic experience, but honestly, not sure if it is my favourite Uncharted. Of course naturally, the game being a sequel, makes it harder to surprise with the setpieces, and somethings just get old (not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but you obviously aren't as blown away the second time). A 9.5/10 game for now, but the the reason why I am heavily conflicted as to why it's not my favourite is because of a few nitpicks:

- I spoiled myself with pre-release material and the chase sequence would have probably been even more mindblowing if I hadn't seen it before hand, and of course some asshole spoiled the ending so that made the ending slightly less impactful -- with previous Uncharted games however, I went in completely blind as I only played them 2 two years ago for the first time as I got them from PS+ and borrowed it from a friend, and they took me by surprise as I hadn't really known much of the franchise until then.

- I need time to think about the game, because whilst it is the perfect ending, and the gameplay is the best of the series, I just feel there were times where there could have been less padding (i.e. walking, moving crates, boosting people up) and more engaging gameplay with less spaced out encounters, because I honestly feel the gunplay, coupled with the satisfying and visceral combat, and various mechanics were the best parts of the game. I could have done with more of that to be honest.

- I also feel after Tomb Raider, and TLoU, Naughty Dog could have made exploration a bit more satisfying -- Nate and Sam know so much, even as young kids, yet when we pick up a treasure, there is no background explaining the context of the treasure and the story of it etc. A minor nitpick, yes, but I just think exploration could have been handled a tad better, with more opportunities, and with said opportunities being more fleshed out like TR.

But overall, a masterpiece that did not disappoint. Without a doubt the best game on PS4. Naughty Dog really are unmatched IMO when it comes to presentation, story telling, animations, and writing. Can't wait to replay and clean up some trophies and replay some encounters again, and I certainly can't wait for TLoU 2!

7bb0655df0a3036d81cd7cd4f67cfd5c.png

UPDATE #3 (30/06/2016)

Holy shit man, chapter 15. That twist, what the hell. I legit never saw it coming.
Sam is such a douche man, I can't believe he'd lie to his brother.
I'm also happy they're revisiting more of the flashback of when they were kids, as I thought it could do with a bit more fleshing out.

And man, chapter 12-15 have such good scenery. Libertalia is one of the most beautifully realised locations I've seen in a game. They're this sense of mystery and awe that Naughty Dog do really well in their "lost cities". The gameplay is also top notch once again, and I love every encounter, and the fact they're quite sparse away from each other makes me want one as soon as possible because like I said, the gunplay is so good.

But yeah, I stopped right at the flashback on chapter 16, and I'm excited to see where the story goes.
Still can't believe Sam would lie to Nate!

Also, that setpiece was a welcome surprise! Never knew about it, and it was pretty awesome.

UPDATE #2 (28/06/2016)

Just played up to the end of chapter 11 (Sam is now on a boat with Nate). Holy shit. Man, this game just keeps getting better and better. The Madagascar chapter is probably one of my favourites. The jeep chase sequence plays even better than it looks, and I still can't believe the graphics even though I watched the pre-release gameplay of it like 50 times ha. The presentation is completely off the rails. My mind almost nearly dissolved as well when I was climbing the bell tower and the camera pans out - the draw distances are really impressive.

My only nitpicks I guess is that I want more gun fights because the gunplay is so fun and satisfying. I also feel the Scotland chapter could have done with a little less padding, as I felt there was too much down time where you were pushing boxes and climbing mountains.

I know it seems like an odd complaint considering previous Uncharted games complaints about too many gun fights, but count me in the camp that didn't mind them at all, and certainly don't mind them now with the verticality that is introduced and the much more satisfying gunplay with various rope mechanics and visceral hand-to-hand combat. I just want more of it lol!

Also, Nate is really a douche to Sully. Why did he have to par him off like that? ;___;

UPDATE #1 (26/06/2016)

Ok, so I have now played about a quarter way into the Scotland chapter. God damn, the gunplay is so good - easily the best part of the game. The mechanics are sublime -- swinging, sliding, run and gunning to close quarter combat is so smooth, visceral and fun. It just all feels so natural. Blowing people up and sending them flying with the dynamite is also hilarious!

I also think the story is starting to pick up. It's great to see Sully back, and the writing is good as ever, with again, a few lines making me laugh out loud. The graphics are also beautiful, especially the ball room chapter and now the Scottish mountains. Can't wait to get back to playing more!

Also, Rafe is a real asshole, but I guess that's what makes the acting great. Hate him so much.

Gotta agree on the pushing boxes however. Really slow and over used mechanic. Very mundane to do. They could have included a bit of fun into it, or at least some variety.

So I thought since Uncharted 4 was moved to the community thread, it's a sensible time to make a LTTP which ties very nicely since I got the game today. Unfortunately, it didn't get off to a great start. Here's some context to explain why:

Background

...this LTTP nicely ties into the fact my A Level exams ended today after an intense 1 and a half months of stress and revision (as these grades determine whether I get into medical school or not) and I bought Uncharted 4 right after they ended (I decided to wait until the exams finish rather than get the game before exams and thus get distracted -- it would also make for a nice pay off).

I even went to lengths to self request a ban and go on a blackout to avoid spoilers -- which I successful did, and the only material I saw of the game, was pre-release gameplay videos and trailers.

That is, until I log in to my PSN for the first time in months today, with a message instantly popping up, spoiling what happens at the end of Uncharted 4
the guy told me Elena and Nate have a daughter and you get to play as her
and saying "lol NeoGAF".
It's not really what you want after working your ass off for exams and avoiding spoilers, only to find it came to nothing. Obviously, it's about the journey etc etc, but it's still super shitty. This was also aimed at many other gaffers, (as I suppose they got hold of our PSN names from our profiles), but yeah, all things considered, it really is disappointing to successfully avoid spoilers for a game, and anticipate it after a hard month and a half of exams, only for it to get spoiled first thing back as soon as you log onto PSN.

Yeah, it may not be the most surprising ending in the world, but I was very interested to see how the ending would turn out considering all the connotations of this being Drake's last game.

Anyway, just really made me think how sometimes people can do really shitty stuff for no valid reason. But eh, whatever, life goes on, and I started to play the game, getting up to chapter 5. So without further ado, let me tell you guys what I think so far. Please be aware, there are unmarked spoilers for the first four chapters of the game (whilst they don't really spoil that much, view at your own discretion).

LTTP Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Uncharted_4_Reveal_Wallpaper.jpg

So my initial impressions of the game are mostly positive, with a few nitpicks here and there. I'll start off with the nitpicks since they're not that many. Also, please be aware, these are my impressions so far of the first four chapters of the game -- this thread will get updated accordingly as I play more of the game.

NITPICKS

People weren't joking when they said the start is pretty slow ha, and it's not the fact that it's a bad thing, I mean I feel indifferent towards it, but it'll just make replay-ability a slog tbh. I don't mind the non-combat aspects of the game, and I've heard it picks up towards chapter 9, but yeah, just regarding sheer replayability, I don't think it'll be that fun to go through, since the intro is more as a method to introduce the players to Sam, and I think they were on the right track in doing that (so that we actually care about him throughout the game etc). However, they could have fleshed it out better and not make it so superficial or limited in terms of Nate just jumping across a few rooftops with Sam and talking about how Sam is leaving him again for anther two years etc. Maybe it's explained later on in the game? IDK, but I felt they could have done it a bit better regarding gameplay and fleshing out Sam's relationship with Nate at an early age in a better way.

However, even the orphanage sequence aside, the intro on the whole does feel very....jumpy and incoherent? I'm not sure if that is the correct word to use, but it does seem to jump around a lot, and not in a cogent manner. The game begins in medias res (the flash forward in the boat during the storm), then jumps to the orphanage flashback, then flashes forward to the prison sequence, then flashes forward a further 15 years later, and now back again on how Sam escaped. IDK, I thought they could have done it a little better in the way of pacing, and make it "flow" better. I know that seems like poor criticism -- after all, it is just a nitpick -- and I am probably holding ND to a higher standard here since their strengths lie in story telling and pacing, but I just feel each sequence could have been linked in a much better fashion.

I also feel the very starting boat sequence was quite underwhelming and didn't do much in terms of gameplay OR story telling - in media res techniques only work if they're executed well e.g. Uncharted 2 IMO, but here, it just felt like they were trying to make you feel surprised at Nate's boat capsizing by pressing forward on the stick to move a boat to hit other boats, one shootout sequence, and then BAM, you're gone. It didn't create any "oh shit" moments like Uncharted 2 (which tbf, can't really be topped) and was very limited in terms of player interactivity or aesthetic value (like the Nepal mountains). It honestly looked pretty underwhelming underwater too (not the dedicated underwater salvage chapter mind you, I mean the underwater part at the VERY start during the storm).

PROS

Other than those few minor nitpicks, the game has been outstanding as usual from a writing and acting perspective (with some lines and quips making me laugh out loud as usual), and the overall presentation is unmatched. Chapter 4 especially is a highlight, with Elena and Drake interacting better than couples you see in hollywood movies, and the Crash easter egg just made me smile so much -- what a throwback!

The attention to detail is also mindblowing - I spent so long exploring the house, examining all the trinkets, with references that pulled my heart-strings with due to the callbacks to the previous Uncharted games ("I climbed your big brother" made me lol), and the toy gun sequence was fantastic as well. On the whole, Chapter 4 is really the stand out moment so far and is just pure fan service all over. It's not just that though, it is executed in such a good way.

I also felt the graphics improved as the game went along -- so I actually thought the graphics in the boat storm and orphanage were amazing (but not "amazing" for a ND game on PS4) but I quickly saw their magic shine when it got to some parts of the prison and the house, where it was in a confined space, and of course, during the cutscenes. I'm just curious to see how it holds up in more open areas. The image quality was again, very clean, with almost non-existent jaggies, and the characters models are great (obviously, cut-scenes look better as you can manipulate the surrounding conditions, but the fact they're in real time is still mighty impressive).

The gunplay, whilst limited so far, feels great. Of course, I've only just finished chapter 4 and I've heard it takes a while to get started in the "oh crap!" Uncharted run and gun moments. But yeah, it also feels surprisingly smooth for a 30fps title, and I swear at times, it looked like it was running in 60fps. It actually controls really well, and is perhaps, the smoothest 30fps game I've played to date, not just from a visual perspective, but also from a latency stand point too.

I do appreciate the more somber tone however, and the more "seriousness" of the game. It's not that dark like TLoU, but at the same time, the atmosphere is very different to the older Uncharted's regarding the set up and general atmosphere -- which makes sense considering its Drake's final game. It's also surprisingly violent for an Uncharted game (or maybe I can't remember much violence scenes from the previous games). I mean some stuff in the prison sequence was brutal. Or maybe the improved graphics make everything look more bloody! :p

OVERALL

So yeah, on the whole, so far, the game has gotten better and better, and I've reached the part where you play as Sam escaping from the prison. Chapter 4 is definitely the highlight so far, whereas the other 3 chapters could have been paced/fleshed out better IMO, but still did a solid job at setting up the characters and backstory - even if it might have felt a little big forced at times. I mean, to be honest, I thought there would be more backstory in the orphanage, and a more fleshed out relationship to Sam and Nate's motivation and childhood experiences, but hey, maybe that's later in the game?

I'm interested to see what you guys think of the first four chapters and beyond. It gets better right? Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong, (and I am being super critical due to generally holding ND games to a higher standard), but I assume they're doing the slow start to set everything up, which they kind of have to do if it is an all new story with all new characters.

Sorry for the rambling btw. It's like 1:14am here and I've had 10 hours sleep in the last two days due to having 4 exams after one another all this week lol.

Glad you're enjoying it, the pace does tend to pick up a bit after the first hour which is admittedly a bit of a drag on later play throughs. And yeah, I think the game does progress in graphical prowess as it goes on. You haven't even got past what I'd argue is kind of the beginning section of the game though, so strap yourself in and play some more!

I didn't mind the slow start at all. I found that it was necessary in establishing relationships and showing what Nathan is like now that he's settled down. There are a few lines of dialogue that I had some issue with, but I was OK with the explanations that followed. Those lines don't come until well after 4th chapter, though.

The chemistry between Nate and Elena is wonderful in the beginning, and it only helps establish the relationship that was only hinted at in the other games. I liked seeing a personal side to the characters, as opposed to them just shooting shit for 3 games. There are some parts in the game that really resonated with me, as they mirrored situations that I'd been in and I think that's part of the reason why this game stayed with me for such a long time after completing it.

From an action perspective, the game does pick up at the mid-way point. I don't want to spoil anything really, but like another user said, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

There are a few things that I wish they'd have expanded on in the initial chapters, but it would have made the game infinitely longer and would have taken the focus away from Nathan.

Pretty much, the game is good. I've been meaning to go back and replay it. When I finished the first time, there was still a lot that I missed.

I'm on my second playthrough and the pacing feels a little weird throughout its entirety, but these characters and their relationships are a joy to witness. It sounds like you'll like the game even more as you get further.

I'm a bit mixed on the opening sections of the game myself. I think the chapter "A Normal Life" is fantastic, and I did enjoy learning about Drake's brother for the first time, but I personally thought that actually playing the game when it was asking me to play it got in the way. I know that's an arguable thing to say for sure, but I didn't think anything that was actually "played" was very entertaining for those first four chapters.

For me, the real enjoyment that I've come to expect from Uncharted games surfaces in the middle of the game, I believe chapters 8-15 or so. I'll avoid specifics for OP, but that section of the game kind of resonated with my expectations for Uncharted the most. I loved the flavor of the earlier chapters but genuinely did not have a great time PLAYING anything from them.

Rising_Hei

I hope they release a GOTY version with no crates to push on it (that sums up my thoughts on the game, i enjoyed it, tho).

You ain't seen nothing yet son.

The game only gets better after Chapter 4 as well as the graphics. Prepare your mind.

Glad you're enjoying it, the pace does tend to pick up a bit after the first hour which is admittedly a bit of a drag on later play throughs. And yeah, I think the game does progress in graphical prowess as it goes on. You haven't even got past what I'd argue is kind of the beginning section of the game though, so strap yourself in and play some more!

Best Uncharted game to me and for the looks of it, I think you will end up loving this game.

I'm on my second playthrough and the pacing feels a little weird throughout its entirety, but these characters and their relationships are a joy to witness. It sounds like you'll like the game even more as you get further.

Just what I like to hear! :)

I didn't mind the slow start at all. I found that it was necessary in establishing relationships and showing what Nathan is like now that he's settled down. There are a few lines of dialogue that I had some issue with, but I was OK with the explanations that followed. Those lines don't come until well after 4th chapter, though.

The chemistry between Nate and Elena is wonderful in the beginning, and it only helps establish the relationship that was only hinted at in the other games. I liked seeing a personal side to the characters, as opposed to them just shooting shit for 3 games. There are some parts in the game that really resonated with me, as they mirrored situations that I'd been in and I think that's part of the reason why this game stayed with me for such a long time after completing it.

From an action perspective, the game does pick up at the mid-way point. I don't want to spoil anything really, but like another user said, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

There are a few things that I wish they'd have expanded on in the initial chapters, but it would have made the game infinitely longer and would have taken the focus away from Nathan.

Pretty much, the game is good. I've been meaning to go back and replay it. When I finished the first time, there was still a lot that I missed.

Yeah, I basically agree with this, just hoped the relationships would have been established in a more fleshed out way, but like you said, I haven't seen much yet, and it's bound to get better!

I'm a bit mixed on the opening sections of the game myself. I think the chapter "A Normal Life" is fantastic, and I did enjoy learning about Drake's brother for the first time, but I personally thought that actually playing the game when it was asking me to play it got in the way. I know that's an arguable thing to say for sure, but I didn't think anything that was actually "played" was very entertaining for those first four chapters.

For me, the real enjoyment that I've come to expect from Uncharted games surfaces in the middle of the game, I believe chapters 8-15 or so. I'll avoid specifics for OP, but that section of the game kind of resonated with my expectations for Uncharted the most. I loved the flavor of the earlier chapters but genuinely did not have a great time PLAYING anything from them.

That sounds great -- can't wait for the later chapters. And I can't really disagree with the bolded, it pretty much echoes my thought. Not that it was awful, but just not "great". Experience and flavour was there though, like you said.

It is a bit early to make a LTTP without finish the game.

You didn't reached the WOW moments yet.

You see, I was going to wait to finish the game, but I don't know how long it will take me as I don't play everyday. So I thought I'd update as I go along (since that seems like a thing I've seen other gaffers doing with LTTP, idk?).

Jawmuncher

The game drags all the way through IMO. I was bored most of the time and this is coming from someone who loves UCGA,1,&2. It's nice to see how they close Nathan's story, but it's not worth the small amounts of action gameplay if you enjoyed the series for its action mainly. It's still there of course, but it's just way too spread out for my tastes. It's not a bad game, just that pace and heavy focus on dialog and exploring isn't going to be for everyone.

The game drags all the way through IMO. I was bored most of the time and this is coming from someone who loves UCGA,1,&2. It's nice to see how they close Nathan's story, but it's not worth the small amounts of action gameplay if you enjoyed the series for its action mainly. It's still there of course, but it's just way too spread out for my tastes. It's not a bad game, just that pace and heavy focus on dialog and exploring isn't going to be for everyone.

Hmm, that's interesting to hear - I mean I thought maybe the only part that drags is the start - since people are telling me different about the later chapters. It's a shame you never saw the game as favourably as others - lets just hope it resonates better with me.

To be honest, like you said, I can see how certain influences on the gameplay won't be for everyone. I can respect that.

Swing
Swing swing
Swing
Infinite swinging , naughty dog got happy with that lol

Helping Sam up so many times reminded me of army of two for some reason lol

Now I'm on chapter 19 and the pick the rock to get a grip on the wall is becoming zzzz

Great game though but not my favorite uncharted

Uncharted 2 still the best, not only with single player but to have the multiplayer be that good for a new mode, gods

Yup.

More power to you if you enjoy it all though, OP.

Alienous

I share this opinion.

The appeal of the virtual sight-seeing wore off before I even hit the mid-point, and I found myself just wanting engaging gameplay.

Oneself

It's as if the boat sequence at the start was thrown in to remind the casual players that "action" is coming soon.

xviper

i don't know why GAF can't tell the truth about Uncharted 4

the game is great no doubt but honestly it doesn't feel like an action game anymore, most of the time or at least 70% of the game you just climb and explore around, Uncharted 4 to me is GOTY 2016 so far and it's also a Walking simulator, that's the truth, to be honest, ND games are always way too overrated

Drencrom

Amazing game, but I do find that they went a bit too far with the "down time" at times making the game drag a bit pacing-wise compared to the other Uncharted games.

Grisby

Graphics only get better, and I believe there are some story bits coming up which answers your questions.

As an entire package though, it didn't go out in the best way. Actually, the 'action' gameplay is paced badly, with entire sections of 'exploring' that don't really amount to anything other than a hunt for a collectable, which more often than not, doesn't really have any story attached to it.

It sucks, because the rope and more advanced stealth mechanics can heavily change up the action, but there's just so damn little of it at times. UC4 tends to try and break up it's dialog scenes with more climbing than action, which is a weaker aspect of the series for me.
It's as if the boat sequence at the start was thrown in to remind the casual players that "action" is coming soon.
Ha, yeah, that's actually a good point.

I feel for you on the spoils. I started the game on release but I stretched it out as I don't want to rush through it. I tried to avoid spoilers but somehow found out about the child thing as well.

The game was amazing! The scripting and character modelling was outstanding, and the story was excellent. I enjoyed every minute of it and felt very sad that this might be the swansong.

rashbeep

Banned

Spot on.

Sliding, giving people boosts, climbing, and an occasional rope swing took up way too much of the game. The story wasn't all that interesting or ground breaking to me to ever get really invested, so that was also a disappointment. There were some nice little moments like the epilogue, or Nate playing in his attic, but most of the story felt heavily padded.

I enjoyed the enemy "arenas" for what they were, even though the stealth mechanics were kind of just there. The locations also got more visually impressive as the game went on.

I liked the game well enough, but it has many issues.

Lol, Chapter 4 is where the game actually picks up. There's much more to come, baby :D

Edit: I agree that the game has a lot of repetitive exploring sections. :|

Grisby

Also, that sucks that you got spoiled that way. Some real assholes out there.

Good for you for working so hard though.

Yeah I completely agree.
I love these earlier sections but because of the relationship of the characters and not because the gameplay is great. Those later sections have the best gameplay and set pieces of any of the games. It's truly a masterpiece by the end

LowRoller

Yup. I kept waiting for it to get better and it never did.

I feel for you on the spoils. I started the game on release but I stretched it out as I don't want to rush through it. I tried to avoid spoilers but somehow found out about
the child thing as well

The game was amazing! The scripting and character modelling was outstanding, and the story was excellent. I enjoyed every minute of it and felt very sad that this might be the swansong.
Spoilers, man. Can you edit your post?

Someone actually pm'd a bunch of people from here over PSN with spoilers? It's hard to imagine a human putting so much effort into being so juvenile.

kadotsu

Banned
Uncharted 4 left me with two thoughts. First It was the perfect send off, executed on every design element of the series perfectly and had the only moment of the series I would consider somewhat profound. How the scene in the the link deals with obsession fear of loss and redemption in just a few seconds is incredible.

Secondly, Uncharted is over. Like God of War over after Ascension. The design has been brought to its conclusion. Only a page one rewrite reboot could bring me back for another installment.

i can't finish the game.

-the controls are fairly clunky
-the climbing is boring and downright mario levels of ridiculousness
-all of the characters make terribly stupid decisions
-the combat can be infuriatingly cheap at higher difficulties
-friendly AI is terrible during combat
-it looks realistic, but isn't even slightly believable.
-the characters are gods and can survive anything and make jokes about it afterwards, yet the game takes its plot and characters very seriously. Very jarring to the point of being comical.
-the plot and progression is really predictable.

I can't help but consider it a mediocre game, but with a fun enough story and beautiful graphics/art.

i want to like it, but it's clearly not for me.

Chapter 4 is probably the best game design and story exposition I've seen since The Last of Us, but don't worry you'll see amazing things further ahead in different ways.

From 6 to the end it's a hell of a ride, introduction ends at 5, that would be the first plot point in movies and that's why people find it slows.

In movies you have a first act in about 15 to 30 minutes, when a film takes longer than that people starts to feel dragged. In gaming the first acts tends to be none existent specially a like 5 or 10 years ago, it often last like 5 minutes at the most, but even if today we see more fledged introductions gamers aren't completely used to it yet, we need to be into the action right away so it makes sense for U4 to be criticized for that. I applaud the decision and expect more games to take their time to tell a story, most complains comes from people who don't care about the story or they do care but in second place, at least that's what I think.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Boring mindless slog all the way through with one or two stand out moments. I have no desire to ever go for another play through. I disliked it that much I have lost a little bit of faith in naughty dog.

But glad you enjoyed it.

Had to actively force myself to get through this game.
I did too, and was very surprised by that. And I even enjoyed the slow buildup.

But its a very polarizing title, and your experience can vary dramatically upon just what aspects of the series you wanted or expected to see highlighted in the final game.

Yoloswaggins

Neo Member
Lucky, I still have one more A2 exam on Tuesday :( but after that I definitely need to buy this game asap

Anyone know the general consensus on the multiplayer?

I'm sad to see so many people hating on it :( . To me its perfect. I love the slow buildup, I think the pacing is fantastic, the story is well written, the graphics are the best in the industry, gameplay is the best in the series, the characters are as great as ever, and I enjoy the focus on exploration. To me, the game is perfection and is everything I wanted from an Uncharted game. Naughty Dog has been going on the cinematic direction for years, and Uncharted 4 is the natural evolution of that cinematic direction.

I hope you ultimately enjoy the game OP. I look forward to your updates as you progress.

Wabba

I set The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 higher but this game is with out any doubt my game of the year so far. A fantastic game and a great end note to imo the best gaming series.

Jingo

Didnt finished yet, on chapter 16 but yeah, its way too slow and the climbing dominates a lot, previous games had a lot of action /hollywood scenes but this one takes things slowing, the graphics are the best thing ive seen, but thats not enough.

Not sure what I like more. 2 or 4. I will say that
the series can absolutely continue. I see no reason why it can't. I can wait for a sequel for the PS5

Not sure what I like more. 2 or 4. I will say that
the series can absolutely continue. I see no reason why it can't. I can wait for a sequel for the PS5

Some will disagree, but I wanted some
supernatural enemies at the end of the game. Its a staple at this point. Besides it gets boring fighting the same 3 human enemies the entire game. Indiana Jones goes supernatural, so why not Uncharted?

Harmen

I'm sad to see so many people hating on it :( . To me its perfect. I love the slow buildup, I think the pacing is fantastic, the story is well written, the graphics are the best in the industry, gameplay is the best in the series, the characters are as great as ever, and I enjoy the focus on exploration. To me, the game is perfection and is everything I wanted from an Uncharted game. Naughty Dog has been going on the cinematic direction for years, and Uncharted 4 is the natural evolution of that cinematic direction.

I hope you ultimately enjoy the game OP. I look forward to your updates as you progress.

Oh, I fully agree with you. But I can totally see why people prefer the older, more shooter oriented, titles. I played UC4 on normal, then on hard, and then about halfway on easy with a friend (wanted to show it, but we ended up playing for a long while). Had a blast each time.

Oddly, I did feel the game was a tad too slow in some sections during my first playtrough (nowhere near the extent of it hampering the experience as a whole though), yet I wasn't bothered the second time around. Probably because of my expectations.

Shame it never does though. Most disappointing game I've played in years.

The game is full of action sequences, with lot's of possibilities to pull of amazing stunts with gameplay that is actually quite open and varied. Yes, there are a few chapters that focus on storytelling and exploration, but "it never does"?

sappyday

I think it's the best one in the series and the best game ND has made, however it comes with a price. I cannot replay it anytime soon. The parts that amazed me will not have the same impact on me the second time around. So I rather not dilute my love for it by playing it a second time, which I can't anyways cause I already sold it.

Top Bottom