• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts games coming to GOG.com, out now [6 to start, 14+ more games to follow]

Update3:

All games are now available!

The leaks were right, so we get:

Star Wars : X-Wing Special Edition (93 Original Edition and 98 Collector Series CD-edition)
Star Wars : TIE Fighter Special Edition (94 Original Edition and 98 Collector Series CD-edition)
Sam & Max Hit the Road
The Secret of Monkey Island : Special Edition
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Update2:

Looks like gog have noticed all their release threads being posted in, all links below now 404 apart from the thread created by the original user/s who noticed this.

Update:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

They haven't officially announced yet but someone found this thread, too. :)

-----
So we've been speculating for a few days due to various hints, but a gog forum user has found the unlinked release threads primed for tomorrows launch:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/tomorrows_lucasart_releases_confimed_so_far

Secret of Monkey Island : Special Edition
Knights of the old Republic
Tie Fighter : Special Edition
X-Wing Special Edition
Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis
Sam & Max Hit the Road

So we have Sam & Max, which would have probably required Steve Purcell's agreement as well as that of Disney, and a dual release of TIE Fighter - both the '94 imuse version and the '98 release that lacks imuse but uses the xwing vs tie graphics engine, which is very nice of them. Not sure if the xwing release is also dual as the release statement doesn't mention it.

Hoping that since they've done it for tie fighter we may see dual pc/fmtowns releases for some of the point & click games (compatibility shouldn't be an issue if they use scummvm)

So happy this has finally happened after so many years. Was beginning to look like we'd never see the day.

--

Sulik2

Is this the first time Tie Fighter has been re-released? Feels like a megaton there. Disney embracing their amazing games heritage in Lucasarts is a great thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tie Fighter?! TIE FIGHTER?!?!?! YES
iSSe5MUR9cz1C.gif

Krejlooc

Banned
I wonder if this is a first batch, or if more are coming. Because Lucas Arts has a great library of titles in their backlog.

I would love for The Dig to be rereleased.

Persona7

Banned
I wonder if this is a first batch, or if more are coming. Because Lucas Arts has a great library of titles in their backlog.

They signed them as a new publisher so more releases are probably already being worked on.

Skux

TIE Fighter, the best space combat sim next to the Wing Commander and Freespace Games. I hope you all have a joystick!

Dsyndrome

Looking forward to stomping those rebel scum in Tie Fighter. The Empire was so much more organized anyway, plus I got cool tatoos on my arm for doing the Emperor's bidding.

First batch I assume. Putting everything down at once probably doesn't make as much money because some users won't have enough money to get everything at once and may later forget they were put up. Stringing it out through a couple of months would probably be more lucrative, as they can create a mini-buzz with each release

fleck0

Definitely picking up Tie-Fighter and Sam & Max tomorrow.

X-wing vs Tie-Fighter needs to be a patched to work online with GoG Galaxy!

Top Bottom