• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts games coming to GOG.com, out now [6 to start, 14+ more games to follow]

Although it's only a few games at this point, I assume (hope?) they'll continue to add more until most - if not all - of Lucasarts' PC catalogue is available.

RPGCrazied

I liked The Dig because it was the only SCUMM game that was really, really serious. Not the best story or anything, but it was very different because it had really no humor. It almost felt like a Stephen King book adapted into a game for kids.

It was actually going to be a movie, but back then the budget for it would just be to costly to even consider. I bet they could do one now!

The Windows versions are missing iMUSE which is a massive omission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMUSE

The TIE release statement sounds like it'll have a choice between both versions which is amazing. Though the XWING one only talks about the imuse version which is odd, but it's the better one so I'm not too fussed.

I like you. EVEN AFTER THOSE SLIGHTLY DISPARAGING GRIM FANDANGO REMARKS

lol

I'm leaving that alone this time

badblue

I have been wanting to play tie fighter and x-wing for weeks now, if gog has them then maybe i'll be asking work for a lay off so I can buy a joystick and play all winter.

Good to see that my fears that GOG only got Disney's Steam catalogue wasn't warranted. Roll on the classics, and in for some vintage Sam & Max.

Krejlooc

Banned
Good to see that my fears that GOG only got Disney's Steam catalogue wasn't warranted. Roll on the classics, and in for some vintage Sam & Max.

Good on disney for going through with this, btw. These types of games should have been online from day 1.

I really am loving how GoG is becoming the PC version of the Virtual Console, btw. So many great classic PC games that deserve a second life.

Looks like they're using the Collector's CD-ROM version for X-Wing and are offering both major releases for TIE Fighter, so people won't be missing out on iMUSE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mq7sdvVUM71rxkutzo2_500.gif

Not LucasArts, but Toonstruck next please

Really strange that KOTOR is only PC and Linux even though you can get the Mac version on steam. GoG is weird like that with some games... Looks like Sam and Max & Indiana Jones have Mac versions.
Did a middleman like Aspyr do the OSX port of KotOR? That would explain why GOG/Disney didn't go out of their way to pay licensing fees, at least not for now.

Alasfree

I'm curious in what condition the Kotor release will be. The Steam version require quite a bit of tweaking to make it work smoothly.

Minsc

Gold Member
Curse will be awesome once they get it up. I never made it far as a child, but at least my dad had the good taste to buy it.

Curse has the best animation and (sung) song in any game, don't think it's ever been topped, at least by a game of comparable quality (the song or hand drawn animation, it truly feels like your'e playing a cartoon). I replayed it a few years ago, and it holds up amazingly well, except perhaps a few of the inventory puzzles / scavenger hunts, but there's always easy mode if you're worried about that stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
in the case of Jedi Knight 2, Raven was involved, so was Activision, so I think that's a no go(Activision will want a piece of that pie).

Jedi knight probably has Tech that belongs to ID software and Zenimax will want money.

I wish Raven's catalog was on GOG. I'd love to replay Elite Force.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yes, they will have been. When they come out check out the "Works on:" section as seen here on the right hand side:

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_digital_classic_edition

X wing, TIE Fighter & Monkey Island Special Edition will probably be windows only and FATE and Sam&Max are stated to work on Mac & Linux (probably since they'll run under scummvm), and KOTOR will also run on Linux apparently.

There is no imuse in the windows verions of Xwing/TIE fighter, so if they're listing imuse as a feature it's the DOS version. From the thread on GOG's forums, it sounds like TIE Fighter is both, and X-Wing is DOS only, but we'll see soon enough.

inm8num2

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

They haven't officially announced yet but someone found this thread, too. :)

Tizoc

I own a disc copy of Sam and Max but will gladly double dip for quickie digital ver. ^O^.
I just need my paycheck to arrive early though :V

There is no imuse in the windows verions of Xwing/TIE fighter, so if they're listing imuse as a feature it's the DOS version. From the thread on GOG's forums, it sounds like TIE Fighter is both, and X-Wing is DOS only, but we'll see soon enough.

I was replying to someone asking what modern os's GOG releases are compatible with.

Kyari

Yeah I just installed Sam & Max from my disc copy to my iPad like this past week for a trip I took. Its still in my PC's DVD drive right now haha.

I'd be interested to see if anything of that DoTT remake resurfaces with this. I doubt it, but I can dream!

bender

What time is it?
Awesome! I'll be there day one for X-Wing, Tie and Sam & Max. I have the other titles on Steam so I'll wait for a sale.

Dsyndrome

Curse has the best animation and (sung) song in any game, don't think it's ever been topped, at least by a game of comparable quality (the song or hand drawn animation, it truly feels like your'e playing a cartoon). I replayed it a few years ago, and it holds up amazingly well, except perhaps a few of the inventory puzzles / scavenger hunts, but there's always easy mode if you're worried about that stuff.

Sung by none other than Scrooge McDuck.

Woorloog

Banned
TIE FIGHTER!!!

Damn. Damn. I reckon i need to get a joystick then (could finally play Freespace 2 and Independence War (I-War) too...). Any solid but cheap ones that are easily enough available?

Levyne

Banned
Now I just need X-wing alliance, though maybe that's not quite as regarded as its precursors. Maybe not quite "old enough" either.

X-Wing and Tie Fighter are among my very favorite childhood games.

Too bad they'll never see sequels. Star Citizen will have to do, but it's not the same as dog fighting in X-Wings, A-Wings, and Tie Advanced's.

Woorloog

Banned
Now I just need X-wing alliance, though maybe that's not quite as regarded as its precursors. Maybe not quite "old enough" either.

Solid, fun game if you ask me, though some missions are ridiculously difficult. Or were, it might be that i wasn't really good enough when i was younger.
And the enemy capital ships having perfect point defenses make torpedoes a bit useless.

Top Bottom