• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts leaks PS3 Controller Re-design? (D-Pad + Left Stick Switch-aroo!)

Madman

Yeah, you would think the analog light and complete lack of Home button would have made people think twice, but alas, the internet never lets me down.

womfalcs3 said:
Hold the controller pressed against the base of your fingers, not the palms. When you do that, the left analog stick is ergonomically placed.

Problem solved.
No. But I like it how it is.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
dfyb said:
most likely a photoshop. it's already been posted in other threads multiple times.

1184275047.jpg

ahem

Those honestly look like something you would give a 1 year old to play with.

Madman said:
Yeah, you would think the analog light and complete lack of Home button would have made people think twice, but alas, the internet never lets me down.

Not to mention Sony would have demanded Lucas to take down the image... 2 days ago.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
capslock said:
Those honestly look like something you would give a 1 year old to play with.

Yeah thats why I made that Fisher-Price remark.. I totally forgot about that buzz controller.

dfyb

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Ha! I've never heard of it before. Was that just a new version at E3? The controllers look frickin' identical.
it's one of sony's euro series. there's like 4-5 buzz games in the series already.

Hey guys if you don't like the stick located there, maybe you should continue using the old controller. No need to flip the fork out.

Blackface

Banned
They also need to change the size of the joystick as well as change positions. The PS3 controller is one of the worst I have ever played with. people have just gotten used to it because of the PS2.

Yoboman

Gigglepoo said:
Ha! I've never heard of it before. Was that just a new version at E3? The controllers look frickin' identical.
It's new to the US, but it's a million seller franchise in Europe

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
womfalcs3 said:
Hold the controller pressed against the base of your fingers, not the palms. When you do that, the left analog stick is ergonomically placed.

Wait, people hold the controller pressed against their palms? Ew. No wonder some people hate DS2... :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't like it. I don't like having the two thumbsticks in different locations like that. I like my Sixaxis/Dualshock.

Aegus

Shame it's fake, I was hoping that after 10 years or so that they woudl finally get round to fixing it.

iidesuyo

Have Buzz, EyeToy and Singstar never been released outside Europe?? Then it's not surprising that some people think Sony does only copy... Stuff like WiiFit too has already been done by Sony, it was called EyeToy Kinetic.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
iidesuyo said:
Have Buzz, EyeToy and Singstar never been released outside Europe?? Then it's not surprising that some people think Sony does only copy... Stuff like WiiFit too has already been done by Sony, it was called EyeToy Kinetic.
That came out in North America too, as well as eyetoy and singstar.

tribal24

Banned
iidesuyo said:

remember any positive spin is always a negtive for sony thats how it works supposedely-_-

Gigglepoo said:
Sony debuted the same controllers this year for some quiz game. What the heck actually came first? It seemed like the two ideas debuted almost simultaneously.

Uh, Buzz came out in 2005.

EDIT: Beaten by a million years.

Miguga64

Its Fake... the PS3 Controller is comfortable, even more than the Dualshock 2, thats because the joysticks are tallers than the dualshock2 joysticks

Setanta

karasu said:
They didn't even remove the outline of the D-Pad when they put the analog stick in it's place.

tfu_boxart.png

The dpad outline is also on the other end of the pad, around the buttons, its supposed to be like that.

Miguga64 said:
Its Fake... the PS3 Controller is comfortable, even more than the Dualshock 2, thats because the joysticks are tallers than the dualshock2 joysticks

In my experience, the PS3 controller is way less comfortable than the DS2, by virtue of the awkward triggers in back.

Keio

For a Finer World
They might be going for a fancy Home touch area or something, using capacitance tech or something like that (similar to the power button on the console) on the controller?

Gigglepoo

DarkJediKnight said:
Looks like someone with little knowledge of games put it up. Kind of like the PGR3 Mclaren shot for GT5 banner.

Why would someone who is completely ignorant about gaming photoshop the controller?

Woo-Fu

Banned
old and fake. We had too much good sony news there for a few days, but good to see we're back to normal.

Ranger X

Dragona Akehi said:
It doesn't look real to me (no PS button) but why on earth would they bother photoshopping it?

Because it makes their ads more attractive and more talked about? Look at what attention we are starting to give them!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
DantesWrath said:
Respect -1 to Kotaku for posting fake shit.

its on the ****ing lucasarts website!!!

The reality is that it was probable made by some webdesign intern who just googled for a playstation controller and didnt realise his/her mistake.

Ranger X

Setanta said:
tfu_boxart.png

The dpad outline is also on the other end of the pad, around the buttons, its supposed to be like that.

The outline is right. But on the D-pad side there are also arrows in that outline and they didn't even bother removing them. And then this outline with arrows would probably be there around the D-pad anyways if it was anywhere more real than a photoshop...

Koren

Gary Whitta said:
If that's legit, looks like they're redesigning to more closely mimic the X360 controller layout - which would not be a bad thing IMO.
Same here. But it's a fake from a dualshock : see, there's no PS button...

Woo-Fu

Banned
FiRez said:
I wish it was real, it would make it more comfortable for the FPS games

Only for those of us whose left thumb is longer than their right. I'm not one of them, btw, but YMMV.

I have a 360, and use the 360 wireless controller on my pc as well. The net result of shifting the left thumbstick is this: I hold the 360 off center, towards the left(from my POV) side of my body. It is uncomfortable to hold it in the center due to its asymmetry. That isn't more comfortable in my book. It makes up for that weakness with good triggers and shape of the sticks, though. :)

xaosslug

there was nothing wrong with the original DS/2 design as far as a small segment of people being developmentally challenged and unable to come to grips with its 'complicated' nature. ;P

i call bullshit.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I certainly hope not. I love the current position and am tired of everyone bitching about it. :p

cvxfreak

If Sony changed it, it'd be kind of ironic since Nintendo went with the same layout for the Wii classic controller. :lol

Top Bottom